Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Exclamation Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

I'm new and just want opinions on the mods I'm about to buy. I'm going n/a stainless works longtubes and off road x pipe, roush cai, roush axlebacks, sct tuner with custom 93 oct tune. Have a boss 302 mani but not sure it is worth the trouble to install if I'm not racing much. Am thinking of a after market throttle body not sure if that's worth the money or trouble to install. And do they make underdrive pulleys for the 5.0? NEED SOME INFO PLEASE!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-27-2011, 11:44 PM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

You sound like you have it all under control. I would do everything except the pulleys and TB.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:50 AM   #3
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
You sound like you have it all under control. I would do everything except the pulleys and TB.
What he said,but I would go with underdrive...i noticed better throttle response with mine but its an 89..im not sure with a new stang how it might have any draw backs..??..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-28-2011, 02:41 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
They might have understudy pulley out there for the 5.0 but I haven't seen them yet.. I've looked for myself a couple times..

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo
I'm new and just want opinions on the mods I'm about to buy. I'm going n/a stainless works longtubes and off road x pipe, roush cai, roush axlebacks, sct tuner with custom 93 oct tune. Have a boss 302 mani but not sure it is worth the trouble to install if I'm not racing much. Am thinking of a after market throttle body not sure if that's worth the money or trouble to install. And do they make underdrive pulleys for the 5.0? NEED SOME INFO PLEASE!
All that stuff sounds great to me really.. Just personal preference I would have went w gt500 mufflers since ur doin the o/r x.. The roush just "cackles" too much for me.. And I would have went steeda, c&l, JLT, in that order as far as CAI.. But I'm sure the roush CAI is alright.. I really want a boss intake for mine..
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:16 AM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

Ditch the Roush cold air, and go with one mentioned above. C&L, JLT, Steeda. The boss will be great also. Depending on your gears. If you don't have 3.73 or above gears your wasting your time with it really. As you the gears to help stay in the rpm range it is effective. Ditch the TB and pulleys and buy a driveshaft or clutch, stall. Also the SCT with there 93 tune will not be as a good tune as a Lund or other custom tune form some one like BBR.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
As far as the cai if I'm not satisfied with the roush I will probably go with the c& l. I am going with a custom tune from a speed shop in baton rouge, la. (Stang hi) have a appointment for October. If there is anything g else that can be done to increase hp and tq please let me know.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Re: Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
Ditch the Roush cold air, and go with one mentioned above. C&L, JLT, Steeda. The boss will be great also. Depending on your gears. If you don't have 3.73 or above gears your wasting your time with it really. As you the gears to help stay in the rpm range it is effective. Ditch the TB and pulleys and buy a driveshaft or clutch, stall. Also the SCT with there 93 tune will not be as a good tune as a Lund or other custom tune form some one like BBR.
i concure with this diagnosis lol
this is how i would go, deff do the headers, pipes and axle backs.
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:06 PM   #8
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
As far as the cai if I'm not satisfied with the roush I will probably go with the c& l. I am going with a custom tune from a speed shop in baton rouge, la. (Stang hi) have a appointment for October. If there is anything g else that can be done to increase hp and tq please let me know.
Headers/O/R x-pipe/blower/nitrous/ported heads/cams

Drive shaft will not add HP but will take away weight. And rolling weight at that. Same with lighter tires/rims. That will help make faster also.

Also is your car a manual or auto? Gears will help but can't recommend gear less know what you have. Or if a stall will help if don't know if you have a auto.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Talking Re: Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

I have a grabber blue 2012 gt , brembo package , 6MT , 3.73's this is the car that's going to be modded. If u guys have dyno sheets and listed mods to go with the dyno sheets and don't mind posting them that would be great! If it's not to much trouble.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo
I have a grabber blue 2012 gt , brembo package , 6MT , 3.73's this is the car that's going to be modded. If u guys have dyno sheets and listed mods to go with the dyno sheets and don't mind posting them that would be great! If it's not to much trouble.
Soiunds very similar lol.. Grabber blue 5.0 6mt, 3.73s, brembo pkg, premium..
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #11
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
I have a grabber blue 2012 gt , brembo package , 6MT , 3.73's this is the car that's going to be modded. If u guys have dyno sheets and listed mods to go with the dyno sheets and don't mind posting them that would be great! If it's not to much trouble.
Keep the 3.73's to start.

What are your end goals with the car? HP/drag racing/street racing, etc etc

What is your spending limit or cost range?

mods: BBK LTH, Gutted x pipe, 3" hushpower cat back, Boss intake, JLT cold air, 4.10 gears, 295/55/15 MT DR's, Weld RT-S wheels. DYno tuned by Central Texas Performance
464whp/390wtq

TQ a little low cs of the tires and gears.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #12
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

^^^^^
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
GT1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 59
Put your money into the suspension need to get all the power to the ground: wider tires, gears, short shifter, and drive shaft. And of course pipes and tune.
GT1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:25 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brett Greene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
You sound like you have it all under control. I would do everything except the pulleys and TB.
Plus 1
__________________
Brett the best Greene
Brett Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Talking Re: Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

Seeing wnt2gofst's dyno sheet is making me want to maybe install the boss mani I have! What kind of hp and tq can I expect with all my mods combined with a custom tune? (stainless works longtubes, o/r x pipe, roush cai, roush axlebacks, boss 302 mani!)
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:24 PM   #16
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Seeing wnt2gofst's dyno sheet is making me want to maybe install the boss mani I have! What kind of hp and tq can I expect with all my mods combined with a custom tune? (stainless works longtubes, o/r x pipe, roush cai, roush axlebacks, boss 302 mani!)
With those mods and what not expect 25+whp in the upper rpms. You will not see the lower end loses beacuse of doing everything. Also even if everything is on you will not notice the loses down low. YOu really want to spin the engine to 7800rpms with it.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:07 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: California
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
Keep the 3.73's to start.

What are your end goals with the car? HP/drag racing/street racing, etc etc

What is your spending limit or cost range?

mods: BBK LTH, Gutted x pipe, 3" hushpower cat back, Boss intake, JLT cold air, 4.10 gears, 295/55/15 MT DR's, Weld RT-S wheels. DYno tuned by Central Texas Performance
464whp/390wtq

TQ a little low cs of the tires and gears.
Damn that's a nice smooth curve (x2) you should be at about 515 crank hp with that I think... Awesome!
__________________
2008 4.0 SOLD (I will miss my first stang forever)
2011 5.0 black on black with 3.73 manual and I still get over 26 mpg
stangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

With those mods and what not expect 25+whp in the upper rpms. You will not see the lower end loses beacuse of doing everything. Also even if everything is on you will not notice the loses down low. YOu really want to spin the engine to 7800rpms with it.
Is that safe Reving that much into the redline? Redline is a very sensitive area as far as I know. Where at in the rpm range does the gains with the boss mani start?and with the combo of mods that I have with a custom tune what kind of Rwhp and torq can I expect?
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:07 AM   #19
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Is that safe Reving that much into the redline? Redline is a very sensitive area as far as I know. Where at in the rpm range does the gains with the boss mani start?and with the combo of mods that I have with a custom tune what kind of Rwhp and torq can I expect?
With the headers back exhaust, cold air, dyno tune, Boss, expect around 430-450. Just depends how aggressive go with the tune. My tune is very very aggressive.

The Boss really starts to pick up around 5000rpms. Biggest gains are over 6800 rpms where the stock one falls off. YOu will see huge gains with it there.

As far as revving it to that 7800rpms. I know least 8 cars that are doing it and no issues. All the shop cars are that are N/A. Plus some other guys that DD there cars like me. Also have to think you are not revving that high all the time.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Re: Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
Keep the 3.73's to start.

What are your end goals with the car? HP/drag racing/street racing, etc etc

What is your spending limit or cost range?

mods: BBK LTH, Gutted x pipe, 3" hushpower cat back, Boss intake, JLT cold air, 4.10 gears, 295/55/15 MT DR's, Weld RT-S wheels. DYno tuned by Central Texas Performance
464whp/390wtq

TQ a little low cs of the tires and gears.
as we say in NY...dammmmmmmmmmmm sonnnnnnnnnn! lol

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
With the headers back exhaust, cold air, dyno tune, Boss, expect around 430-450. Just depends how aggressive go with the tune. My tune is very very aggressive.

The Boss really starts to pick up around 5000rpms. Biggest gains are over 6800 rpms where the stock one falls off. YOu will see huge gains with it there.

As far as revving it to that 7800rpms. I know least 8 cars that are doing it and no issues. All the shop cars are that are N/A. Plus some other guys that DD there cars like me. Also have to think you are not revving that high all the time.
wow 7800 is a high rev. i figured the boss intake would do that. Thats why im not thinking about puting one on. lets face it most of my driving is on the low end, rather have low end power. i live in queens ny, lol i can open it up only at 1am hahah
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #21
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
as we say in NY...dammmmmmmmmmmm sonnnnnnnnnn! lol

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------



wow 7800 is a high rev. i figured the boss intake would do that. Thats why im not thinking about puting one on. lets face it most of my driving is on the low end, rather have low end power. i live in queens ny, lol i can open it up only at 1am hahah
With the rest of the mods that you would do you would gain low end as well. And never know the Boss lost down low over stock.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:31 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
With the rest of the mods that you would do you would gain low end as well. And never know the Boss lost down low over stock.
Yeah bro, it's adding alot more airflow,meant for high revving. That's y I will skip the boss intake and slap on a whipple or kenne bell lol I loveeee low end torque!
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:46 AM   #23
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
Yeah bro, it's adding alot more airflow,meant for high revving. That's y I will skip the boss intake and slap on a whipple or kenne bell lol I loveeee low end torque!
You would be better skipping the KB/Whipple and getting the Roush TVS 2300. They have to be better so far.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:24 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

You would be better skipping the KB/Whipple and getting the Roush TVS 2300. They have to be better so far.
Not a fan of the roush or saleen bro. Big bucks, less bang. Ford themselves chose whipple as their blower for the 5.0.
Just what I think : )
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:07 AM   #25
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
Not a fan of the roush or saleen bro. Big bucks, less bang. Ford themselves chose whipple as their blower for the 5.0.
Just what I think : )
Do some research. The roush for the 5.0 is cheaper then the KB/Whipple. And it has ran faster times then the KB/Whipple cars. Blower for blower and mod for mod.

Look the 624hp kit form Ford is a whipple and 8k. CAn get a Roush that makes better power and produce faster times for 6k.

A roush SC has taken one to the 9's on a stock engine with headers. Neither the other two have.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:46 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
Do some research. The roush for the 5.0 is cheaper then the KB/Whipple. And it has ran faster times then the KB/Whipple cars. Blower for blower and mod for mod.

Look the 624hp kit form Ford is a whipple and 8k. CAn get a Roush that makes better power and produce faster times for 6k.

A roush SC has taken one to the 9's on a stock engine with headers. Neither the other two have.
Thanks, that's interesting! Gota admit I was basing that on the 05-10 performance. Of the roush. I gota read up on this
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:08 AM   #27
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
Thanks, that's interesting! Gota admit I was basing that on the 05-10 performance. Of the roush. I gota read up on this
I have been looking hard at SC..It is my next big purchaes. And I want the best for the buck. With me I will most likely have a F1 Procharger. I want huge power..LOL..That or a 3.6L KB. But for both need a forged engine that can handle least 850whp.



Oh wait I do..LOL
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Re: Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
I have been looking hard at SC..It is my next big purchaes. And I want the best for the buck. With me I will most likely have a F1 Procharger. I want huge power..LOL..That or a 3.6L KB. But for both need a forged engine that can handle least 850whp.



Oh wait I do..LOL
LOL hahah let me know which one you choose, you can do the hw for me lol hahahah
bro you really wanna go procharger though. i have one......it makes good boost but not instant, and not low end torque.
like from 60-100 my car burns rubber!

__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:23 AM   #29
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
LOL hahah let me know which one you choose, you can do the hw for me lol hahahah
bro you really wanna go procharger though. i have one......it makes good boost but not instant, and not low end torque.
like from 60-100 my car burns rubber!

Low end will be ok. There a reason EVolution stayed with there F1 on there 5.0. Cause it ran faster then the big KB they put on it. With the F1 it went 8's. With the big 3.6L KB it would only go 9's.

I want a car that I can go to the track and run constant 9/10 in any weather. Then take on the street and hand C/H/I Z06 there ***'s. And be right with or beat a procharged one. Prochargers have been good for 700whp so far on a bolt on 5.0.

If I could do over though I would own one them C/H/I Z06..They are fast as ****..LOL
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Low end will be ok. There a reason EVolution stayed with there F1 on there 5.0. Cause it ran faster then the big KB they put on it. With the F1 it went 8's. With the big 3.6L KB it would only go 9's.

I want a car that I can go to the track and run constant 9/10 in any weather. Then take on the street and hand C/H/I Z06 there ***'s. And be right with or beat a procharged one. Prochargers have been good for 700whp so far on a bolt on 5.0.

If I could do over though I would own one them C/H/I Z06..They are fast as ****..LOL
I got yah! Yeah I've seen that prochargers do better on actual horse power especially. 60 onward!
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:45 AM   #31
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
I got yah! Yeah I've seen that prochargers do better on actual horse power especially. 60 onward!
Right now though less you have a F1 the Procharger cars are slow. That is the one thing keeping me away from one.

If I bought today I would buy the Roush 750hp kit.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2012 gt

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 V6 versus 2012 GT 5.0 avengnd General Mustang Discussion 6 09-01-2011 05:49 AM
Which should i get for my first Mustang V6 or GT 2012? Dogpatch16 General Mustang Discussion 30 08-12-2011 10:27 AM
My first Mustang 2012 GT 8WOOD New Member Introductions & Greetings 13 07-27-2011 11:04 PM
2012 GT Roush exhaust VS SLP Loudmouth ercolanom1 Other Special Edition 5 07-21-2011 12:31 AM
What does it cost to supercharge a 2012 gt at a ford dealer? I have a GT on order. brickcart 2011-2014 Mustang GT 36 07-02-2011 10:16 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:45 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.