Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Exclamation Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

I'm new and just want opinions on the mods I'm about to buy. I'm going n/a stainless works longtubes and off road x pipe, roush cai, roush axlebacks, sct tuner with custom 93 oct tune. Have a boss 302 mani but not sure it is worth the trouble to install if I'm not racing much. Am thinking of a after market throttle body not sure if that's worth the money or trouble to install. And do they make underdrive pulleys for the 5.0? NEED SOME INFO PLEASE!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2011, 11:44 PM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

You sound like you have it all under control. I would do everything except the pulleys and TB.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:50 AM   #3
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
You sound like you have it all under control. I would do everything except the pulleys and TB.
What he said,but I would go with underdrive...i noticed better throttle response with mine but its an 89..im not sure with a new stang how it might have any draw backs..??..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2011, 02:41 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
They might have understudy pulley out there for the 5.0 but I haven't seen them yet.. I've looked for myself a couple times..

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo
I'm new and just want opinions on the mods I'm about to buy. I'm going n/a stainless works longtubes and off road x pipe, roush cai, roush axlebacks, sct tuner with custom 93 oct tune. Have a boss 302 mani but not sure it is worth the trouble to install if I'm not racing much. Am thinking of a after market throttle body not sure if that's worth the money or trouble to install. And do they make underdrive pulleys for the 5.0? NEED SOME INFO PLEASE!
All that stuff sounds great to me really.. Just personal preference I would have went w gt500 mufflers since ur doin the o/r x.. The roush just "cackles" too much for me.. And I would have went steeda, c&l, JLT, in that order as far as CAI.. But I'm sure the roush CAI is alright.. I really want a boss intake for mine..
Old 08-28-2011, 05:16 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Ditch the Roush cold air, and go with one mentioned above. C&L, JLT, Steeda. The boss will be great also. Depending on your gears. If you don't have 3.73 or above gears your wasting your time with it really. As you the gears to help stay in the rpm range it is effective. Ditch the TB and pulleys and buy a driveshaft or clutch, stall. Also the SCT with there 93 tune will not be as a good tune as a Lund or other custom tune form some one like BBR.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

As far as the cai if I'm not satisfied with the roush I will probably go with the c& l. I am going with a custom tune from a speed shop in baton rouge, la. (Stang hi) have a appointment for October. If there is anything g else that can be done to increase hp and tq please let me know.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
Ditch the Roush cold air, and go with one mentioned above. C&L, JLT, Steeda. The boss will be great also. Depending on your gears. If you don't have 3.73 or above gears your wasting your time with it really. As you the gears to help stay in the rpm range it is effective. Ditch the TB and pulleys and buy a driveshaft or clutch, stall. Also the SCT with there 93 tune will not be as a good tune as a Lund or other custom tune form some one like BBR.
i concure with this diagnosis lol
this is how i would go, deff do the headers, pipes and axle backs.
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:06 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
As far as the cai if I'm not satisfied with the roush I will probably go with the c& l. I am going with a custom tune from a speed shop in baton rouge, la. (Stang hi) have a appointment for October. If there is anything g else that can be done to increase hp and tq please let me know.
Headers/O/R x-pipe/blower/nitrous/ported heads/cams

Drive shaft will not add HP but will take away weight. And rolling weight at that. Same with lighter tires/rims. That will help make faster also.

Also is your car a manual or auto? Gears will help but can't recommend gear less know what you have. Or if a stall will help if don't know if you have a auto.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Talking Re: Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

I have a grabber blue 2012 gt , brembo package , 6MT , 3.73's this is the car that's going to be modded. If u guys have dyno sheets and listed mods to go with the dyno sheets and don't mind posting them that would be great! If it's not to much trouble.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo
I have a grabber blue 2012 gt , brembo package , 6MT , 3.73's this is the car that's going to be modded. If u guys have dyno sheets and listed mods to go with the dyno sheets and don't mind posting them that would be great! If it's not to much trouble.
Soiunds very similar lol.. Grabber blue 5.0 6mt, 3.73s, brembo pkg, premium..
Old 08-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:
Keep the 3.73's to start.

What are your end goals with the car? HP/drag racing/street racing, etc etc

What is your spending limit or cost range?

mods: BBK LTH, Gutted x pipe, 3" hushpower cat back, Boss intake, JLT cold air, 4.10 gears, 295/55/15 MT DR's, Weld RT-S wheels. DYno tuned by Central Texas Performance
464whp/390wtq

TQ a little low cs of the tires and gears.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #12
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

^^^^^
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Put your money into the suspension need to get all the power to the ground: wider tires, gears, short shifter, and drive shaft. And of course pipes and tune.
GT1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:25 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Plus 1
Old 08-28-2011, 09:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Talking Re: Opinions on mods for my 2012 GT!

Seeing wnt2gofst's dyno sheet is making me want to maybe install the boss mani I have! What kind of hp and tq can I expect with all my mods combined with a custom tune? (stainless works longtubes, o/r x pipe, roush cai, roush axlebacks, boss 302 mani!)
Old 08-28-2011, 11:24 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Quote:
Seeing wnt2gofst's dyno sheet is making me want to maybe install the boss mani I have! What kind of hp and tq can I expect with all my mods combined with a custom tune? (stainless works longtubes, o/r x pipe, roush cai, roush axlebacks, boss 302 mani!)
With those mods and what not expect 25+whp in the upper rpms. You will not see the lower end loses beacuse of doing everything. Also even if everything is on you will not notice the loses down low. YOu really want to spin the engine to 7800rpms with it.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:07 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

mods: BBK LTH, Gutted x pipe, 3" hushpower cat back, Boss intake, JLT cold air, 4.10 gears, 295/55/15 MT DR's, Weld RT-S wheels. DYno tuned by Central Texas Performance
464whp/390wtq

Damn that's a nice smooth curve (x2) you should be at about 515 crank hp with that I think... Awesome!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

With those mods and what not expect 25+whp in the upper rpms. You will not see the lower end loses beacuse of doing everything. Also even if everything is on you will not notice the loses down low. YOu really want to spin the engine to 7800rpms with it.
Is that safe Reving that much into the redline? Redline is a very sensitive area as far as I know. Where at in the rpm range does the gains with the boss mani start?and with the combo of mods that I have with a custom tune what kind of Rwhp and torq can I expect?
Old 08-29-2011, 10:07 AM   #19
Road Trip!

Quote:
Is that safe Reving that much into the redline? Redline is a very sensitive area as far as I know. Where at in the rpm range does the gains with the boss mani start?and with the combo of mods that I have with a custom tune what kind of Rwhp and torq can I expect?
With the headers back exhaust, cold air, dyno tune, Boss, expect around 430-450. Just depends how aggressive go with the tune. My tune is very very aggressive.

The Boss really starts to pick up around 5000rpms. Biggest gains are over 6800 rpms where the stock one falls off. YOu will see huge gains with it there.

As far as revving it to that 7800rpms. I know least 8 cars that are doing it and no issues. All the shop cars are that are N/A. Plus some other guys that DD there cars like me. Also have to think you are not revving that high all the time.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

464whp/390wtq

as we say in NY...dammmmmmmmmmmm sonnnnnnnnnn! lol

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote:
With the headers back exhaust, cold air, dyno tune, Boss, expect around 430-450. Just depends how aggressive go with the tune. My tune is very very aggressive.

The Boss really starts to pick up around 5000rpms. Biggest gains are over 6800 rpms where the stock one falls off. YOu will see huge gains with it there.

As far as revving it to that 7800rpms. I know least 8 cars that are doing it and no issues. All the shop cars are that are N/A. Plus some other guys that DD there cars like me. Also have to think you are not revving that high all the time.
wow 7800 is a high rev. i figured the boss intake would do that. Thats why im not thinking about puting one on. lets face it most of my driving is on the low end, rather have low end power. i live in queens ny, lol i can open it up only at 1am hahah
Old 08-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #21
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
as we say in NY...dammmmmmmmmmmm sonnnnnnnnnn! lol

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

wow 7800 is a high rev. i figured the boss intake would do that. Thats why im not thinking about puting one on. lets face it most of my driving is on the low end, rather have low end power. i live in queens ny, lol i can open it up only at 1am hahah
With the rest of the mods that you would do you would gain low end as well. And never know the Boss lost down low over stock.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:31 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
With the rest of the mods that you would do you would gain low end as well. And never know the Boss lost down low over stock.
Yeah bro, it's adding alot more airflow,meant for high revving. That's y I will skip the boss intake and slap on a whipple or kenne bell lol I loveeee low end torque!
Old 08-30-2011, 11:46 AM   #23
Road Trip!

Quote:
Yeah bro, it's adding alot more airflow,meant for high revving. That's y I will skip the boss intake and slap on a whipple or kenne bell lol I loveeee low end torque!
You would be better skipping the KB/Whipple and getting the Roush TVS 2300. They have to be better so far.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:24 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You would be better skipping the KB/Whipple and getting the Roush TVS 2300. They have to be better so far.
Not a fan of the roush or saleen bro. Big bucks, less bang. Ford themselves chose whipple as their blower for the 5.0.
Just what I think : )
Old 08-31-2011, 05:07 AM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:
Not a fan of the roush or saleen bro. Big bucks, less bang. Ford themselves chose whipple as their blower for the 5.0.
Just what I think : )
Do some research. The roush for the 5.0 is cheaper then the KB/Whipple. And it has ran faster times then the KB/Whipple cars. Blower for blower and mod for mod.

Look the 624hp kit form Ford is a whipple and 8k. CAn get a Roush that makes better power and produce faster times for 6k.

A roush SC has taken one to the 9's on a stock engine with headers. Neither the other two have.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:46 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Do some research. The roush for the 5.0 is cheaper then the KB/Whipple. And it has ran faster times then the KB/Whipple cars. Blower for blower and mod for mod.

Look the 624hp kit form Ford is a whipple and 8k. CAn get a Roush that makes better power and produce faster times for 6k.

A roush SC has taken one to the 9's on a stock engine with headers. Neither the other two have.
Thanks, that's interesting! Gota admit I was basing that on the 05-10 performance. Of the roush. I gota read up on this
Old 08-31-2011, 10:08 AM   #27
Road Trip!

Quote:
Thanks, that's interesting! Gota admit I was basing that on the 05-10 performance. Of the roush. I gota read up on this
I have been looking hard at SC..It is my next big purchaes. And I want the best for the buck. With me I will most likely have a F1 Procharger. I want huge power..LOL..That or a 3.6L KB. But for both need a forged engine that can handle least 850whp.

Oh wait I do..LOL
Old 08-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have been looking hard at SC..It is my next big purchaes. And I want the best for the buck. With me I will most likely have a F1 Procharger. I want huge power..LOL..That or a 3.6L KB. But for both need a forged engine that can handle least 850whp.

Oh wait I do..LOL
LOL hahah let me know which one you choose, you can do the hw for me lol hahahah
bro you really wanna go procharger though. i have one......it makes good boost but not instant, and not low end torque.
like from 60-100 my car burns rubber!

Old 09-01-2011, 04:23 AM   #29
Road Trip!

Quote:
LOL hahah let me know which one you choose, you can do the hw for me lol hahahah
bro you really wanna go procharger though. i have one......it makes good boost but not instant, and not low end torque.
like from 60-100 my car burns rubber!

Low end will be ok. There a reason EVolution stayed with there F1 on there 5.0. Cause it ran faster then the big KB they put on it. With the F1 it went 8's. With the big 3.6L KB it would only go 9's.

I want a car that I can go to the track and run constant 9/10 in any weather. Then take on the street and hand C/H/I Z06 there ***'s. And be right with or beat a procharged one. Prochargers have been good for 700whp so far on a bolt on 5.0.

If I could do over though I would own one them C/H/I Z06..They are fast as ****..LOL
Old 09-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Low end will be ok. There a reason EVolution stayed with there F1 on there 5.0. Cause it ran faster then the big KB they put on it. With the F1 it went 8's. With the big 3.6L KB it would only go 9's.

I want a car that I can go to the track and run constant 9/10 in any weather. Then take on the street and hand C/H/I Z06 there ***'s. And be right with or beat a procharged one. Prochargers have been good for 700whp so far on a bolt on 5.0.

If I could do over though I would own one them C/H/I Z06..They are fast as ****..LOL
I got yah! Yeah I've seen that prochargers do better on actual horse power especially. 60 onward!
Old 09-04-2011, 08:45 AM   #31
Road Trip!

Quote:
I got yah! Yeah I've seen that prochargers do better on actual horse power especially. 60 onward!
Right now though less you have a F1 the Procharger cars are slow. That is the one thing keeping me away from one.

If I bought today I would buy the Roush 750hp kit.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2012 gt