Ordered a few things today! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Ordered a few things today!

I talked my bosses into letting order a few things and just pay a lil at a time( work at an accessory shop).. So I ordered a Steeda CAI and a bbk aftercat xpipe.. Planning on having my muffler guy just weld in the xpipe and remove the cats.. I think I wanna leave the resonators on though.. I have a SF3 sct tuner.. After I cut off my cats can I just turn off the check engine light with my tuner? Also anyone else got the steeda CAI?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2011, 02:59 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Re: Ordered a few things today!

The Steeda/JLT/C&L really all make the same power. I have the JLT and two buddies have the Steeda. With same mods we all put within 2-4whp of each other.

You will not be able to shut the O2 sensors off with just a SCT tuner. YOu will need a custome tune. WHo did you get the SCT from? If you ordered it with the STeeda they should do it for you in the tune if you tell them.

One question is if plan on removing cats why not just order a off road x pipe? From Lethal or BBR?
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
The Steeda/JLT/C&L really all make the same power. I have the JLT and two buddies have the Steeda. With same mods we all put within 2-4whp of each other.

You will not be able to shut the O2 sensors off with just a SCT tuner. YOu will need a custome tune. WHo did you get the SCT from? If you ordered it with the STeeda they should do it for you in the tune if you tell them.

One question is if plan on removing cats why not just order a off road x pipe? From Lethal or BBR?
Cheaper to order aftercat xpipe and just have my muffler guy weld it in and remover the cats.. I work at an accessory shop so I got it from one of out distributors so there's no custom tuning on it.. Just the preprogrammed options.. And I can get the steeda CAI for 350 and I like the looks of it the best..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post

SCT Performance - More Power! Less Fuel!

The SCT website disagrees with you.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

SCT Performance - More Power! Less Fuel!

The SCT website disagrees with you.
Talking about the O2 sensors?
Old 09-08-2011, 08:53 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yes.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #7
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Yes.

* Adjustable Options vary for each vehcile and are not available on all vehicles

And no they are not disabled or have the option to. If that was the case they would not need to do it in the costume tunes.

He will need a real tune. The SCT tunes have also showed to do nothing as far as power. Same with the FRPP tunes. People have actually loaded the SCT tunes and gained nothing on the dyno and on the track. But some people will believe anything a vendor tells them.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

* Adjustable Options vary for each vehcile and are not available on all vehicles

And no they are not disabled or have the option to. If that was the case they would not need to do it in the costume tunes.

He will need a real tune. The SCT tunes have also showed to do nothing as far as power. Same with the FRPP tunes. People have actually loaded the SCT tunes and gained nothing on the dyno and on the track. But some people will believe anything a vendor tells them.
I call bs on that.. I have the preloaded 93 octane tune and can without a doubt feel the power difference.. I took it off the other day bc I had it sold.. Then put it back on and it's night and day..
Old 09-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
[B]He will need a real tune. The SCT tunes have also showed to do nothing as far as power. Same with the FRPP tunes. People have actually loaded the SCT tunes and gained nothing on the dyno and on the track. But some people will believe anything a vendor tells them.
That much I agree with you on. I would never use an SCT tune myself, and would never recommend it to anyone. I've never checked what paramters the SCT can adjust on the 2011-12 Mustang GT when not using a custom tune. If I get bored I may flash back to stock just to look, but I don't foresee myself being THAT bored for a while!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:39 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Nice!!!

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:17 AM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
I call bs on that.. I have the preloaded 93 octane tune and can without a doubt feel the power difference.. I took it off the other day bc I had it sold.. Then put it back on and it's night and day..
If you say so. The dyno don't lie. Have seen the back to back testing first hand. Same with some other tunes. Seen tunes compared to tunes. Lethal vs BBR...BBR compared to EVO. And then EVo compared to a dyno tune.

WHat you could be feeling is the increased throttle response. Which still isn't gaining power. Put it on a dyno. Stock tune vs SCT tune. Then when you finally get a real Bama/BBR or who ever you go with tune vs SCT. I got $50 on the SCT losing to the BBr/BAMA/EVO/LETHAL/Livernois. And if it does make more then stock it will not be nothing huge. Unless in the last 3 months they have really changed there tunes up. But I don't see it. If they did some many people would not be opting not to use the SCT tunes.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I never said it was better or near as good.. They couldn't sell the product if it didn't do something.. I also know the diff between throttle response and power.. It's loses a significant amount of mid-range power if I return to stock.. There IS obviously increased throttle response but as I said I know the diff..
Old 09-08-2011, 10:55 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Quote:
[B]
People have actually loaded the SCT tunes and gained nothing on the dyno and on the track. But some people will believe anything a vendor tells them.
SCT is just the tuner, the tune is by who ever wrote it, it will be identical for any tuner out there. The tunner is just a device for sending the car what to do, the software is whats really important as its what actually tells the car how to act.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:34 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Check it out...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1633964037.png
Views:	113
Size:	861.9 KB
ID:	31604   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1182858840.png
Views:	112
Size:	742.7 KB
ID:	31605  

Old 09-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Got my x-pipe installed today and had the cats removed.. Used my SCT SF3 to turn off the rear O2 sensors.. No check engine lights.. Good to go!
Old 09-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Quote:
Got my x-pipe installed today and had the cats removed.. Used my SCT SF3 to turn off the rear O2 sensors.. No check engine lights.. Good to go!
Nice..I was just talking to a couple people last night they said SCT unlocked more options with an update. Also have you looked you shoudl be able to adjust shift points from what they was saying. Even on the auto cars. There was more stuff as well.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:58 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nice..I was just talking to a couple people last night they said SCT unlocked more options with an update. Also have you looked you shoudl be able to adjust shift points from what they was saying. Even on the auto cars. There was more stuff as well.
Yes there's several diff options... Mine hasn't been updated since january when I got it..
Old 09-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #18
Road Trip!

Quote:
Yes there's several diff options... Mine hasn't been updated since january when I got it..
Ya..From what I gather SCT is unlocking more and more. Which can be good.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Put this on last night.. Love the way it sounds
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4076629748.png
Views:	153
Size:	930.0 KB
ID:	31683  
Old 09-11-2011, 01:29 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT
Put this on last night.. Love the way it sounds
Sound must be great but what about the butt dyno? I've seen about 2 or 3 before and after dyno videos on YouTube averaging about 40 peak... One guy picked up 47.

That's a hell of a lot for peak... I'm not sure if that one was with steedas tune or a dyno but all these were the only mod
Old 09-11-2011, 01:43 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo

Sound must be great but what about the butt dyno? I've seen about 2 or 3 before and after dyno videos on YouTube averaging about 40 peak... One guy picked up 47.

That's a hell of a lot for peak... I'm not sure if that one was with steedas tune or a dyno but all these were the only mod
Feels pretty nice.. Lol.. I also had an xpipe put on today and my cats removed.. Between the two a pretty nice bump.. I'm definitely happy
Old 09-11-2011, 05:09 AM   #22
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post

Mosyt of that 47hp is from the tune. Also people like to inflate numbers, Take a bone stock car with 87 octane in it. Then tune it with cold air and add 93 octane. Show you the numbers. When in reality they would have gained 10hp with just running 93 octane in it. The 2011 PCM will add and take away timing for the car. If remember right up to 2-3 degree's. This was done so it could run on 87-93 octane.

Quote:
Feels pretty nice.. Lol.. I also had an xpipe put on today and my cats removed.. Between the two a pretty nice bump.. I'm definitely happy
On a dyno I watched the X pipe with no cats gain about 13whp.(my car) very nice gains for such a cheap mod. With those mods. Cold air, tune, and x pipe cats gone I made 414whp on a dyno jet. That was with a BBR canned tune.

Oh I know what the the other changes are, Timing. The update allows the adjustment of timing..
Old 09-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Well today I ordered some steeda rear LCAs and frpp k-springs... Any tips, tricks, hints, suggestions for me?
Old 09-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #24
Road Trip!

LCA's are easy...Springs let some one else do it..LOL

The back is easy front is pain just cause you need spring compressor.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
LCA's are easy...Springs let some one else do it..LOL

The back is easy front is pain just cause you need spring compressor.
I do this type of work for a living.. Leveling kits, suspension lifts, literally every accessory or aftermarket part you can think of.. We don't go too far into the engine though.. Not worried about being able to do it lol just wondering if anyone had any helpful hints...
Old 09-14-2011, 07:49 PM   #26
Road Trip!

Quote:
I do this type of work for a living.. Leveling kits, suspension lifts, literally every accessory or aftermarket part you can think of.. We don't go too far into the engine though.. Not worried about being able to do it lol just wondering if anyone had any helpful hints...
aww ok...

There is a install thing I think LRS did. I know there is one some where. I used it..haha

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Ford Racing Lowering Springs Install - LRS Blog - Read Here Shop Here
Old 09-14-2011, 08:06 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
aww ok...

There is a install thing I think LRS did. I know there is one some where. I used it..haha

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Ford Racing Lowering Springs Install - LRS Blog - Read Here Shop Here
Sweet thanks..
Old 09-14-2011, 08:07 PM   #28
Road Trip!

np!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT