New exhaust help! 2012 GT Premium - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
brickcart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 51
New exhaust help! 2012 GT Premium

Thinking about putting on aftermarket exhaust but don't want alot of noise just a little more than stock any ideas!
brickcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickcart
Thinking about putting on aftermarket exhaust but don't want alot of noise just a little more than stock any ideas!
Listen to the GT500 axel backs. That's the route I may take. Cheap and sound nice.
__________________
Kona Blue 2012 GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73, Accessory pkg 5, GT500 Axelbacks, Boss Pod w/ Prosport Gauges, Boss/CS F&R facsia'a, Boss Brake cooling ducts, Boss splitter, Roush side splitters, Saleen Grill & Roush CAI(non tune). More to come
Devildog1679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
brickcart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 51
Re: New exhaust help! 2012 GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog1679 View Post
Listen to the GT500 axel backs. That's the route I may take. Cheap and sound nice.
Are they loud
brickcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Roush axle backs r a good choice as well, they are mild when u r mild on the throttle and get moderately loud over 3k plenty of YouTube videos on all axle backs
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: New exhaust help! 2012 GT Premium

Roush here.....great price and quality. Sound mean at WOT also.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
guzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 182
Agree with above. I have them too and they have a nice rumble at low rpm but really open up and sing at 4000+ rpm.
guzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: New exhaust help! 2012 GT Premium

Most important thing about the Roush is that there is no drone at any RPM. They also open up quite a bit after a break in period.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #8
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: New exhaust help! 2012 GT Premium

If dont want to loud go with the GT500 they can be had for $250.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
I love my Roush axlebacks. Very tame at idle but mean when you lay into it.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Re: New exhaust help! 2012 GT Premium

I agree the roush axlebacks are great! I have them on my car no drone great sound good price quality product and there a good bit lighter than the stock mufflers. All around kick***!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
If dont want to loud go with the GT500 they can be had for $250.
Where?
__________________
Kona Blue 2012 GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73, Accessory pkg 5, GT500 Axelbacks, Boss Pod w/ Prosport Gauges, Boss/CS F&R facsia'a, Boss Brake cooling ducts, Boss splitter, Roush side splitters, Saleen Grill & Roush CAI(non tune). More to come
Devildog1679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #12
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: New exhaust help! 2012 GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog1679 View Post
Where?
WIth forum discount take off 6% and have free shipping. Compared to 350-500 for Roush and they sound better I think. Not to loud and great at WOT. Also they have deal right now for clamp in style X-pipe included for 450.
Ford Racing Mustang GT500 Style Axle-Back (2011-2012 GT) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

EVen has video to give you idea what sound like.

2011-2012 Mustang GT/GT500 5.0L/5.4L Ford Racing GT500 Style Axle-Back Exhaust Kit M-5230-Mgtca1 at LRS - Same Day Shipping!
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:27 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Srohda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Aberdeen
Region: Maryland
Posts: 150
I agree with the majority. Roush axle backs sound amazing. They aren't too loud but really make your Mustang sound like a muscle car. The quality of these axle backs are top notch, I couldn't be happier with them.
__________________
2012 GT Premium w/Brembo
Roush axle backs
MGW short throw shifter
Srohda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:21 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Gt500s, hushpower, roush.. In that order.. If you don't want too loud then roush is not the way to go.. It is the loudest of the 3 I mentioned.. Check out YouTube.. Just type in 5.0 hushpower, 5.0 roush axlebacks, or 5.0 gt500 mufflers... I don't know about you but I'm very particular about my exhaust... Only you are gonna know what you like and that is the best place to find it.. That's what I did..

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

If you plan on doing an o/r xpipe then check out roush vs hushpower vs gt500 on YouTube.. Amazing comparison vid..
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Srohda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Aberdeen
Region: Maryland
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickcart
Thinking about putting on aftermarket exhaust but don't want alot of noise just a little more than stock any ideas!
You will not be disappointed if you go with Roush. They look and sound the best!
__________________
2012 GT Premium w/Brembo
Roush axle backs
MGW short throw shifter
Srohda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:47 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 35
Re: New exhaust help! 2012 GT Premium

Roush's are loud, raspy, and shrill, IMO. Borla S-types are killer; signature Mustang burble/growl, no drone whatsoever, and off-throttle, you wouldn't know it has an exhaust upgrade. But give it some gas, and it sounds amazing; deep and grumbly, without being crazy loud. I made a video a few days ago comparing my buddy's Corsa exhaust to my Borla's. He's now looking for some Borla's.

J1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by J1000
Roush's are loud, raspy, and shrill, IMO. Borla S-types are killer; signature Mustang burble/growl, no drone whatsoever, and off-throttle, you wouldn't know it has an exhaust upgrade. But give it some gas, and it sounds amazing; deep and grumbly, without being crazy loud. I made a video a few days ago comparing my buddy's Corsa exhaust to my Borla's. He's now looking for some Borla's.

<a href="
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 35
Re: New exhaust help! 2012 GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
Sounds similar to the gt500s.. They sound good but REALLY expensive..
There's this old saying "you get what you pay for".. . They're definitely louder than the GT500's, but have a similar tone. I've had guys with Shelbys pull up next to me and ask what exhaust I had, and tell me how good it sounds. I actually ordered a set of GT500s first, but after the backorder got extended the third time, I cancelled the order and ponied up the cash for the Borla exhaust. SO glad I did; literally could not be happier.

Also, I bought them through Jeg's. They have an online price match, where if you find something online cheaper elsewhere, you paste in the URL and they match it instantly. That save me around 100 bucks, and their service was top notch.
J1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:07 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by J1000

There's this old saying "you get what you pay for".. . They're definitely louder than the GT500's, but have a similar tone. I've had guys with Shelbys pull up next to me and ask what exhaust I had, and tell me how good it sounds. I actually ordered a set of GT500s first, but after the backorder got extended the third time, I cancelled the order and ponied up the cash for the Borla exhaust. SO glad I did; literally could not be happier.

Also, I bought them through Jeg's. They have an online price match, where if you find something online cheaper elsewhere, you paste in the URL and they match it instantly. That save me around 100 bucks, and their service was top notch.
Oh yea I agree I'm sure it's great.. Haven't ever heard one in person.. I just know that it's got a similar tone to the gt500s.. I've got hushpowers right now.. Just put-on a o/r x and it sounds great.. Still thinking bout the gt500s though... Like I said though YouTube is the best bet on figuring out what best suited for you..
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:33 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Avelar_5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 49
Definitely love the Borla S-Type, there's a great video on the three different types they have for the mustang on YouTube made by Borla.
Avelar_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ravnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 354
Roush is bad ***! I get complements everywhere I go. It especially sounds sick when you go by someone on the highway at WOT...A+ in my book!!!
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:53 PM   #22
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: New exhaust help! 2012 GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1000 View Post
Roush's are loud, raspy, and shrill, IMO. Borla S-types are killer; signature Mustang burble/growl, no drone whatsoever, and off-throttle, you wouldn't know it has an exhaust upgrade. But give it some gas, and it sounds amazing; deep and grumbly, without being crazy loud. I made a video a few days ago comparing my buddy's Corsa exhaust to my Borla's. He's now looking for some Borla's.


Sounds like Roush IMO.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:29 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
So heard all of the above and the Borla sounds sick! Roush a second only cause it seemed a bit more high pitched then the Borla. And ford racing in 3rd
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #24
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: New exhaust help! 2012 GT Premium

WHy not buy a whole cat back? WHy just buy axle back?

The hushpower sound good with cat back and headers. Not to loud not to quite.

DOn't think about just now. Think of what your plans are down the road also.


wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
You can get a muffler shop to do the exhaust WAY cheaper if you plan on goin catback.. Unless you just HAVE to have full stainless exhaust..
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:44 PM   #26
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: New exhaust help! 2012 GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
You can get a muffler shop to do the exhaust WAY cheaper if you plan on goin catback.. Unless you just HAVE to have full stainless exhaust..
As said in other thread. All depends on muffler shop. Also you can get a hushpower cat back for 500 if look around. I know a muffler shop wanted 300 just to weld straight pipe in to delete mufflers. That is going to be a lot more with the longer pipe needed to do a full cat back.

Also yes why not has SS when doing it. It will last longer.

Not to mention some people don't want there exhaust looking great in one part and then chopped and welded in others. Might not bother some but does me.

You can do LT's back to mufflers for 1200 if look around enough at prices.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
skyline247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cincinnati
Region: Ohio
Posts: 475
I don't mean to hijack the thread but does no one like the Borla Atak catback exhaust? That's the one I plan on getting next year, but no one ever mentions it. I only hear about the S-types. Just wondering, since I have a 2012 as well...
__________________
1988 GT - Stock

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
187Pony81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 42
Also it it good to go cat back and switch it to an x-type?
187Pony81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:24 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

As said in other thread. All depends on muffler shop. Also you can get a hushpower cat back for 500 if look around. I know a muffler shop wanted 300 just to weld straight pipe in to delete mufflers. That is going to be a lot more with the longer pipe needed to do a full cat back.

Also yes why not has SS when doing it. It will last longer.

Not to mention some people don't want there exhaust looking great in one part and then chopped and welded in others. Might not bother some but does me.

You can do LT's back to mufflers for 1200 if look around enough at prices.
As said on another thread.. My muffler guy was $40 to deletes.. My exhaust isn't chopped up.. Show me where you can find hushpower catback for 500.. The axle backs alone are $400... My muffler shop quoted me $180 to run 3 in from headers back.. Most towns have more than one muffler shop.. Check around.. Stainless will last forever.. Standard exhaust pipe will last a very long time.. Had on my 04gt for 8 years n never had an issue..
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #30
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: New exhaust help! 2012 GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
As said on another thread.. My muffler guy was $40 to deletes.. My exhaust isn't chopped up.. Show me where you can find hushpower catback for 500.. The axle backs alone are $400... My muffler shop quoted me $180 to run 3 in from headers back.. Most towns have more than one muffler shop.. Check around.. Stainless will last forever.. Standard exhaust pipe will last a very long time.. Had on my 04gt for 8 years n never had an issue..
I got mine threw Latemodel on sale for $550. Regular it is 629.
2011-2012 5.0L Mustang GT Flowmaster Hushpower 3" Catback Exhaust Kit at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

JBA sounds pretty good and here it is for $569
2011-2012 Mustang 5.0L JBA 3" Cat-Back Exhaust System at LRS - Same Day Shipping!


Like said look around catch sales. Use forum discounts etc.

If you pay $400 for a axle back you are just stupid. You just have to look around. Plenty of places have sales.

As I also said every muffler shop and every town is different. Different prices etc. What your price might be at a muffler shop where you are might double or triple in a different town.


The magnaflow catback sounds really good also. I know some one on modular stated they found it for 600 or so also.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
I got mine threw Latemodel on sale for $550. Regular it is 629.
2011-2012 5.0L Mustang GT Flowmaster Hushpower 3" Catback Exhaust Kit at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

JBA sounds pretty good and here it is for $569
2011-2012 Mustang 5.0L JBA 3" Cat-Back Exhaust System at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

Like said look around catch sales. Use forum discounts etc.

If you pay $400 for a axle back you are just stupid. You just have to look around. Plenty of places have sales.

As I also said every muffler shop and every town is different. Different prices etc. What your price might be at a muffler shop where you are might double or triple in a different town.

The magnaflow catback sounds really good also. I know some one on modular stated they found it for 600 or so also.
Just trying to save the guy some money.. My bad.. I'm really sick of you putting down and going against everything I say.. And for this reason I'm pretty sure I'm done w this forum.. Peace
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline247
I don't mean to hijack the thread but does no one like the Borla Atak catback exhaust? That's the one I plan on getting next year, but no one ever mentions it. I only hear about the S-types. Just wondering, since I have a 2012 as well...
Post a link brotha
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:44 PM   #33
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: New exhaust help! 2012 GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
Just trying to save the guy some money.. My bad.. I'm really sick of you putting down and going against everything I say.. And for this reason I'm pretty sure I'm done w this forum.. Peace
Its not putting down. As explained else in other thread. Shop around is all. Check out stuff. DOn't jump on first price you see.

Just cause cost you 40 there don't mean it is that way everywhere. Every place is different. I had checked into exhaust work for my Silverado and place in tx told me $500. I waited till I went to Ohio. When got there checked for same thing. Place there only charged me $350 for the same thing.

Also as said look for sales and then use discounts that are out there. I know this has saved me least 1500 on mods so far.

WHen I bought my hood. They started at 700. I ended up getting it for 429. I waited till the first initial OMG that hood is great blah blah was over. We first ones to market crap. 3 months later it was on sale. I bought it then.


Same thing with suspension. When I started looking people was like oh buy steeda, buy BMR blah blah. I looked around. Found CHE suspension and it was cheaper. People used it and liked better then STeeda and others as well. LCA's was about $100 cheaper. And for the same thing. Also check for sale sections. People sale stuff all the time. Get rid of mustang etc. They sell a lot of stuff. I got my panhard bar for $75 plus $15 shipped. It was basically brand new. The guy traded his stang in on a vette.

Borla is a great exhaust,. Just to pricy IMO.

wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:05 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
Its not putting down. As explained else in other thread. Shop around is all. Check out stuff. DOn't jump on first price you see.

Just cause cost you 40 there don't mean it is that way everywhere. Every place is different. I had checked into exhaust work for my Silverado and place in tx told me $500. I waited till I went to Ohio. When got there checked for same thing. Place there only charged me $350 for the same thing.

Also as said look for sales and then use discounts that are out there. I know this has saved me least 1500 on mods so far.

WHen I bought my hood. They started at 700. I ended up getting it for 429. I waited till the first initial OMG that hood is great blah blah was over. We first ones to market crap. 3 months later it was on sale. I bought it then.

Same thing with suspension. When I started looking people was like oh buy steeda, buy BMR blah blah. I looked around. Found CHE suspension and it was cheaper. People used it and liked better then STeeda and others as well. LCA's was about $100 cheaper. And for the same thing. Also check for sale sections. People sale stuff all the time. Get rid of mustang etc. They sell a lot of stuff. I got my panhard bar for $75 plus $15 shipped. It was basically brand new. The guy traded his stang in on a vette.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Borla is a great exhaust,. Just to pricy IMO.

<a href="
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:37 PM   #35
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: New exhaust help! 2012 GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
As said in other thread I never told him it would be $40 to do that.. Only that's what I was quoted l.. 300 is a very very very high price for ANYWHERE in the country.. Its seriously two pieces of pipe less than 1ft long each.. 30 min of labor.. $40 is very cheap cuz I know the guy.. But if someone quotes you more than $100 tell them to eff off... Economies are different all over the country as you said.. But that is literally over 7xs the price I got quoted.. It doesn't cost 7xs more to live in TX... Therefore it cannot be attributed to difference in economies.. Trust me I know how to get the cheapest price and have payed less for anything that I have bought than prolly anyone else unless they work at a shop and can get things for cost like me..
Just cause you work at a shop don't mean you pay less. I bet I have paid less then you on about every thing I have. And I don't work at a shop. Hell you asked where to get cat back for 500. I showed you. So guess you not getting cheaper. And different places cost different. ITS SIMPLE FACTS!.

You knew the guy so you got charged 40. So the average person would have been told what? and 30 min of labor alone is going to turn into an hour if you don't know the guy. WHich labor runs what on average $80-90? Then that 1ft of tube that is longer needs to have flanges welded on so can be disconnected if done right. SO then he charging you for cutting them off this one then welding on this one etc etc.

The $300 I was quoted was for deleting the mufflers and adding 4" tips. I said F that. Waited. And look found stuff cheaper.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2012 gt, exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 V6 versus 2012 GT 5.0 avengnd General Mustang Discussion 6 09-01-2011 05:49 AM
Which should i get for my first Mustang V6 or GT 2012? Dogpatch16 General Mustang Discussion 30 08-12-2011 10:27 AM
My first Mustang 2012 GT 8WOOD New Member Introductions & Greetings 13 07-27-2011 11:04 PM
2012 GT Roush exhaust VS SLP Loudmouth ercolanom1 Other Special Edition 5 07-21-2011 12:31 AM
CPO Mustang 2010 GT Premium ??? wickerman 2011-2014 Mustang GT 14 07-11-2011 11:57 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:08 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.