Intake Suggestions..... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-16-2011, 08:02 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Intake Suggestions.....

I went with the "STEEDA CAI w/HighFlow Carbon Fiber Elbow", excellant looks and Sound. But I believe the biggest noticable difference is when you get it "Tuned".
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Ya I know it is a E85 tune. I am going E85. I know a few others that have went E85 also. It is like running 108 octane all the time. Guys are gaining about 30whp+ with just a E85 tune on stock cars. This guy isn't the first to do it.

Even then that is very very impressive. No other mods just tune/tire run 11.7...
Hell yeah that's impressive... And all the stock components are e85 ready, just a tune and a long drive away from a rare gas station and you're good to go!

I wonder what the mileage difference is...
Old 09-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #38
Road Trip!

Region: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
Hell yeah that's impressive... And all the stock components are e85 ready, just a tune and a long drive away from a rare gas station and you're good to go!

I wonder what the mileage difference is...
Here E85 is sold every where. Lucky me. I am doing the stage 3 cams right now. Then retuning for E85.

I talked to a buddy that did E85 on hsi car. He has full bolt ons. He said he lost about 1-2mpg. But he is making it even really. E85 is about 70 cents cheaper then 93 octane. HEB/Walmart will save you 14 and 15 cents per gallon of E85 if you just use a gift card to buy it. There gift cards are free. Just have to add funds.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Ahem...
Just to give my 2 cents here.
It is possible to put a cai without a tune, however without a tune it can throw the specifications set my your stock program off by a bit. I've heard the 5.0 is crazy sensitive so I wouldn't even do it without a tune.
I have actually never heard of a cai without .

As far as the tb goes, it's simple. Let's really think about this. When u put a boss manifold on u increasing the amount of airflow. When u have such a high free flowing system already adding a throttle body really wont help that much.

If u add chocolate to chocolate u don't really taste the difference, get what I'm saying.
So therefore I can see the tb being useful.
U r wise to have gone with the steeds cai as I am told it's one of the best.

Hope I was able to help
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #40
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
Ahem...
Just to give my 2 cents here.
It is possible to put a cai without a tune, however without a tune it can throw the specifications set my your stock program off by a bit. I've heard the 5.0 is crazy sensitive so I wouldn't even do it without a tune.
I have actually never heard of a cai without .

As far as the tb goes, it's simple. Let's really think about this. When u put a boss manifold on u increasing the amount of airflow. When u have such a high free flowing system already adding a throttle body really wont help that much.

If u add chocolate to chocolate u don't really taste the difference, get what I'm saying.
So therefore I can see the tb being useful.
U r wise to have gone with the steeds cai as I am told it's one of the best.

Hope I was able to help
I love chocolate.

There is sum cold airs you can not put on without a tune, The car will not run. It will die. I know first hand. JLT/Steeda/C&L tune type/Airaid with out sleeve. All will cause it to die.

With the TB. The Boss and stock intake manifold open is only 82.5 and 82MM so what good is a 90mm FRPP one? It still don't change the manifold opening. So there fore you still hit a wall so to speak. And there is not enough to port it and make bigger. Also the L&M is only 2mm bigger then the stock one. Still not doing nothing for the Boss intake. It has been proven. By more then 5.0 magazine. As I said earlier. Call a couple shops that care more about just selling you parts and make money. Ones that take pride in there work like JPC.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:08 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I love chocolate.

There is sum cold airs you can not put on without a tune, The car will not run. It will die. I know first hand. JLT/Steeda/C&L tune type/Airaid with out sleeve. All will cause it to die.

With the TB. The Boss and stock intake manifold open is only 82.5 and 82MM so what good is a 90mm FRPP one? It still don't change the manifold opening. So there fore you still hit a wall so to speak. And there is not enough to port it and make bigger. Also the L&M is only 2mm bigger then the stock one. Still not doing nothing for the Boss intake. It has been proven. By more then 5.0 magazine. As I said earlier. Call a couple shops that care more about just selling you parts and make money. Ones that take pride in there work like JPC.

I love chocolate too that's y it came to mind lmao
Thank u for all that info, it makes sense. I just thought of it in a logical sense.

And yeah bro, I have seen cai put in with no tune and like u said they just die.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:20 PM   #42
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
I love chocolate too that's y it came to mind lmao
Thank u for all that info, it makes sense. I just thought of it in a logical sense.

And yeah bro, I have seen cai put in with no tune and like u said they just die.
Yep. I got my car back from dealer. Load my stock tune cause was having an issue. Well cold air on. Stock tune in started died at gas station. I was like ok cool. I just load custom tune. It would not load for some reason. I sat there for two hours try to get it to load. Finally it did. I was pissed.

It kept telling me over charge on SCT. And the car wasn't on. SO SO SO MAD! Worse part it was like 90* out.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep. I got my car back from dealer. Load my stock tune cause was having an issue. Well cold air on. Stock tune in started died at gas station. I was like ok cool. I just load custom tune. It would not load for some reason. I sat there for two hours try to get it to load. Finally it did. I was pissed.

It kept telling me over charge on SCT. And the car wasn't on. SO SO SO MAD! Worse part it was like 90* out.
Dammmm that sucks lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT