Intake Suggestions..... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-14-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Intake Suggestions.....

So I just put the Roush axle back exhaust on my 2012 5.0 and it sounds awesome. Now I am wanting to install a CAI any suggestions? I am considering the Roush intake only because I don't think I want to tune my car yet. What do you guys think?
Srohda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
re: Intake Suggestions.....

If you know for sure you're not gonna tune then maybe yes Roush but really no real gains on the Roush, more of a look with a name but if you plan on in the future then save and get something that's worth $200/$300 and feel the power. I have the Steeda CAI and boy I'm so glad I did
SaleenV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Texas

DOnt waste the money on the roush. Get the JLT or Steeda. The tune is where will see the biggest gains as well.

At the track last time. DA of 3200 90* Texas heat. A guy with a new 5.0 with 3.73's could only manage 13.6 best. Friend tuned his car right there on the spot. He popped of a 13.0 and a 13.1 back to back. A gain of .6 with just a tune. Guy said the car felt so much better. WIth the times he ran and weather it was easy mid 12 passes under better conditions and also he was on stock tires. Babying out the whole the whole night.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Steeda.. Just put mine on last weekend.. IMO it's the best looking.. Sounds awesome.. And as far as I know steeda c&l and JLT all make pretty close to the same power...
Old 09-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT
Steeda.. Just put mine on last weekend.. IMO it's the best looking.. Sounds awesome.. And as far as I know steeda c&l and JLT all make pretty close to the same power...
Yea I agree it looks good! I'm sure the only difference between all the different intakes is not the power but rather the price.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srohda

Yea I agree it looks good! I'm sure the only difference between all the different intakes is not the power but rather the price.
True but not a whole lot of difference there really either..
Old 09-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

True but not a whole lot of difference there really either..
Word!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
BBR did a test of all three. JLT/C&L/JLT and all three made same power or within liek 1hp of each other.

I like the JLT carbon fiber one. But they also make them color matched now also. Grabber blue/race red/Performance white?Black. All painted not just colored plastic.

Have a buddy with the Steeda and it looks good also.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@BlowByRacing.com View Post
After reading all the threads on numerous sites on who has the better CAI - JLT or STEEDA???
We here at BBR decided to end all the controversy.
We tested BOTH of these cold air intake systems on my 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L Automatic.

We did baseline on the car on a dynojet dyno and it made 350 rwhp / 332 rwtq 100% completely stock on 93 Octane fuel.

We then put a tune in it with a stock setup using BBR Tune w/ SCT software. It then made 375 rwhp / 354 rwtq on 93 octane with JUST A TUNE.

Then we installed a JLT Carbon Fiber CAI onto the car and it jumped up to an amazing 393rwhp/377rwtq on 93 octane.

Then we took off the JLT and installed the STEEDA CAI onto the same car and it made 393rwhp/376rwtq on 93 octane.

So, to our findings based off our testing of both of these cold air intake systems is....

BOTH the JLT and the STEEDA CAI's are BAD ***!!!!!

They both picked up 40+ horsepower with one of our BBR Xtreme tunes incorporated with them over stock.

Dyno Graphs will be added tomorrow on all 4 runs.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I like the "normal" CAI. It's very affordable and the plastic matches the oem parts.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #10
Road Trip!

WWW.S197FORUM.COM

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

WHat Steeda had to say about there comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedagus View Post
Thanks guys! Great to see an independent test like this.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Well I haven't had a dyno yet on my 2011 5.0, 6spd, Dynospeed tune with Steeda CAI but glad to know about what power I may be pushing...wow and I'm about to order lethal performance off road h pipe and that should push me over the 400hp mark cus it states 14whp
SaleenV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:27 AM   #12
Road Trip!

Seeing more and more video's like this below. I wonder why i dropped the coin on a cold air to begin with.

11.7 with just tires and tune.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:58 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
Seeing more and more video's like this below. I wonder why i dropped the coin on a cold air to begin with.

Exactly one of the reasons why I believe all the intakes are the same. Only reason why people think some intakes add more hp is because those are the ones that require a tune.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:12 AM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srohda View Post
Exactly one of the reasons why I believe all the intakes are the same. Only reason why people think some intakes add more hp is because those are the ones that require a tune.
The tune is a must cause of the size change in the intake tube its self.

I have seen a few people post with and with out Cold air on the same night at the track. And there was no difference in times. They said same thing,. It was all in the tune.

Only way I can see it making a difference is when you get every bolt on that has proved to actually do some thing. Then maybe it might help a little.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The tune is a must cause of the size change in the intake tube its self.

I have seen a few people post with and with out Cold air on the same night at the track. And there was no difference in times. They said same thing,. It was all in the tune.

Only way I can see it making a difference is when you get every bolt on that has proved to actually do some thing. Then maybe it might help a little.
The air raid intake adds 20 whp without a tune..
Old 09-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #16
Road Trip!

Re: Intake Suggestions.....

Quote:
Believe that if you want. They say teh JLT/steeda add 40+whp with tune

Buddy had the Airraid with a tune.,.took off for Steeda. Said could tell differecne right way.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Believe that if you want. They say teh JLT/steeda add 40+whp with tune

Buddy had the Airraid with a tune.,.took off for Steeda. Said could tell differecne right way.
It was an article in 5.0 and SF .. With dynos... I believe this is a quote from you " the dyno don't lie"...lol
Old 09-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #18
Road Trip!

Airaid
Increases of up to 11 RWHP & 11 RWTQ
Improves fuel efficiency.
Provides filtration down to two microns.
Filters are washable and re-usable.
Fits 2011-2012 5.0L Mustang GT.
NO Computer Re-tune Required w/ Modular Venturi Tube installed.

another site
This is an Airaid cold air kit for your 2011-2012 Mustang 5.0L GT. This is a great way to add extra fuel mileage and extra horsepower to your Mustang. Airaid's high flow Mustang cold air kit is designed to take the place of the existing factory air intake system with little modifications necessary!

Airaid cold air intake systems are specifically designed to take full advantage of today's high performance Mustang technology, thereby increasing 5.0L engine efficiency and horsepower output. Their unique inlet and track filter combination is substantially less restrictive when compared to OEM-type airboxes, improving airflow by up to 20 percent and power by as much as 11 hp & 11Ft. lbs of torque. Specially designed splash shields protect the open filter from engine heat and inclement weather (tube-type and splash shields depend upon the application). The Mustang Airaid filter is washable, reusable, and will last for the life of the Mustang.

Another site

Description
Reviews

* Airaid MXP Cold Air Intake System
* Dyno Proven Gains of 11RWHP/11RWTQ
* No Tuning Required
* Re-useable and washable filter
* Intake Tube Made from High Density Polyethylene

Airaid Cold Air Intake Systems are computer designed to give your engine maximum air flow, which translates to more horsepower, torque and better fuel efficiency. This Airaid CAI kit completely replaces your 2011 GT Mustangs restrictive stock factory air box and paper filter element with a high flow Airaid filter assembly for an increase of 11 more horsepower and 11 more torque at the rear wheels.

oh and another

AIRAID's hot, new intake system for the 2011 Mustang 5.0 is actually two intake systems in one. AIRAID's newest Cool Air Dam intake utilizes Modular Venturi Technology to generate an additional 11 horsepower and 11 lb/ft of torque while maintaining proper air and fuel ratios across the entire RPM range.

SO WHERE YOU GET THIS 20whp again? Cause seems you are putting out BS on your numbers. Every site that sells it claims 11whp/11wtq yet you say 20whp..With no tune..hmmm

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

and for the Roush cold air.

Increases power by up to 8 horsepower and 8 ft-lbs of torque.
Increases fuel economy and improves throttle response.
Tray and tube made with high quality materials and tooling.
Superior structural capability, stability, and durability.
No computer re-tune required.
Easy installation, with no drilling or cutting required.
Fits 2010 4.6L Mustang GT and 2011-2012 5.0L Mustang GT.

DETAILED DESCRIPTION

2010-2011-2012 Mustang GT Roush Cold Air Intake Kit

Upgrade your 2010-2011-2012 Ford Mustang GT with Roush's Cold Air Intake Kit and unleash up to an additional 8 hp, 8 ft-lb of torque and increase your fuel efficiency. This Roush CAI kit fits the 2010 Mustang GT 4.6L and the 2011-2012 Mustang GT 5.0L.

The cold air induction provided by this kit is a more efficient air intake method than the stock factory air filtering process. As a result, cold air induction can unleash latent power, fuel efficiency, and throttle response that is restrained by your stock air intake unit.

Roush's 2010-2011-2012 Mustang GT cold air intake kit features a custom high-flow Roush air filter with clamp, mass airflow tube, air box with pre-installed EPDM foam hood seal, and all necessary mounting hardware.

Both the air box and MAF tube are manufactured using OE-quality materials (30% glass-filled polypropylene) and tooling (fully CNC machined hardened steel plastic injection molds). These provide excellent dimensional capability and stability as well as long term durability and performance.

This system has been engineered and tested to ensure that mass airflow signal performance (including airflow vs. voltage and signal noise) is transparent to factory settings. This means Roush's 2010-2011-2012 Mustang GT CAI does NOT require a computer re-tune. This kit also uses factory mounting locations and hardware for quick and easy installation and maintains OE clearances to all nearby components and hardware.

This Roush Cold Air Intake is also included in a Stage 3 Motorsports combo kit (part #S3-11MRK).

NOTE: This product does NOT fit ROUSHcharged vehicles.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

Quote:
It was an article in 5.0 and SF .. With dynos... I believe this is a quote from you " the dyno don't lie"...lol
Dyno's don't lie. But they can be manipulated. Put 87 in the car base run. Cold air with 93octane yep wow we gained 20whp.

Oh look we did corrected numbers here and didn't here. HMMM.

Run the car cold vs hot. Different reading everytime.

Magazines and vendors have did this stuff for ever.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Airaid
Increases of up to 11 RWHP & 11 RWTQ
Improves fuel efficiency.
Provides filtration down to two microns.
Filters are washable and re-usable.
Fits 2011-2012 5.0L Mustang GT.
NO Computer Re-tune Required w/ Modular Venturi Tube installed.

another site
This is an Airaid cold air kit for your 2011-2012 Mustang 5.0L GT. This is a great way to add extra fuel mileage and extra horsepower to your Mustang. Airaid's high flow Mustang cold air kit is designed to take the place of the existing factory air intake system with little modifications necessary!

Airaid cold air intake systems are specifically designed to take full advantage of today's high performance Mustang technology, thereby increasing 5.0L engine efficiency and horsepower output. Their unique inlet and track filter combination is substantially less restrictive when compared to OEM-type airboxes, improving airflow by up to 20 percent and power by as much as 11 hp & 11Ft. lbs of torque. Specially designed splash shields protect the open filter from engine heat and inclement weather (tube-type and splash shields depend upon the application). The Mustang Airaid filter is washable, reusable, and will last for the life of the Mustang.

Another site

Description
Reviews

* Airaid MXP Cold Air Intake System
* Dyno Proven Gains of 11RWHP/11RWTQ
* No Tuning Required
* Re-useable and washable filter
* Intake Tube Made from High Density Polyethylene

Airaid Cold Air Intake Systems are computer designed to give your engine maximum air flow, which translates to more horsepower, torque and better fuel efficiency. This Airaid CAI kit completely replaces your 2011 GT Mustangs restrictive stock factory air box and paper filter element with a high flow Airaid filter assembly for an increase of 11 more horsepower and 11 more torque at the rear wheels.

oh and another

AIRAID's hot, new intake system for the 2011 Mustang 5.0 is actually two intake systems in one. AIRAID's newest Cool Air Dam intake utilizes Modular Venturi Technology to generate an additional 11 horsepower and 11 lb/ft of torque while maintaining proper air and fuel ratios across the entire RPM range.

SO WHERE YOU GET THIS 20whp again? Cause seems you are putting out BS on your numbers. Every site that sells it claims 11whp/11wtq yet you say 20whp..With no tune..hmmm

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

and for the Roush cold air.

Increases power by up to 8 horsepower and 8 ft-lbs of torque.
Increases fuel economy and improves throttle response.
Tray and tube made with high quality materials and tooling.
Superior structural capability, stability, and durability.
No computer re-tune required.
Easy installation, with no drilling or cutting required.
Fits 2010 4.6L Mustang GT and 2011-2012 5.0L Mustang GT.

DETAILED DESCRIPTION

2010-2011-2012 Mustang GT Roush Cold Air Intake Kit

Upgrade your 2010-2011-2012 Ford Mustang GT with Roush's Cold Air Intake Kit and unleash up to an additional 8 hp, 8 ft-lb of torque and increase your fuel efficiency. This Roush CAI kit fits the 2010 Mustang GT 4.6L and the 2011-2012 Mustang GT 5.0L.

The cold air induction provided by this kit is a more efficient air intake method than the stock factory air filtering process. As a result, cold air induction can unleash latent power, fuel efficiency, and throttle response that is restrained by your stock air intake unit.

Roush's 2010-2011-2012 Mustang GT cold air intake kit features a custom high-flow Roush air filter with clamp, mass airflow tube, air box with pre-installed EPDM foam hood seal, and all necessary mounting hardware.

Both the air box and MAF tube are manufactured using OE-quality materials (30% glass-filled polypropylene) and tooling (fully CNC machined hardened steel plastic injection molds). These provide excellent dimensional capability and stability as well as long term durability and performance.

This system has been engineered and tested to ensure that mass airflow signal performance (including airflow vs. voltage and signal noise) is transparent to factory settings. This means Roush's 2010-2011-2012 Mustang GT CAI does NOT require a computer re-tune. This kit also uses factory mounting locations and hardware for quick and easy installation and maintains OE clearances to all nearby components and hardware.

This Roush Cold Air Intake is also included in a Stage 3 Motorsports combo kit (part #S3-11MRK).

NOTE: This product does NOT fit ROUSHcharged vehicles.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

Dyno's don't lie. But they can be manipulated. Put 87 in the car base run. Cold air with 93octane yep wow we gained 20whp.

Oh look we did corrected numbers here and didn't here. HMMM.

Run the car cold vs hot. Different reading everytime.

Magazines and vendors have did this stuff for ever.
I'll post the article when I get home.. Don't be such an ******* man.. I know you know about about mustangs.. More than me for the most part but in case you forgot i have proved you wrong b4... And you also posted on my thread about my car in agreance with me that a new tb on my car is pointless w boss intake.. Where do you think I got this info?!? 5.0 & SF article...

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

And you're contradicting yourself.. If it does add 11hp and tq at the wheels.. Then how could times be exactly the same? Granted they woouldnt be much better.. And how does that make it not worth replacing the stock CAI?
Old 09-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #20
Road Trip!

Quote:
I'll post the article when I get home.. Don't be such an ******* man.. I know you know about about mustangs.. More than me for the most part but in case you forgot i have proved you wrong b4... And you also posted on my thread about my car in agreance with me that a new tb on my car is pointless w boss intake.. Where do you think I got this info?!? 5.0 & SF article...

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

And you're contradicting yourself.. If it does add 11hp and tq at the wheels.. Then how could times be exactly the same? Granted they woouldnt be much better.. And how does that make it not worth replacing the stock CAI?
Drop in K&N filter claims they gain 8whp or some thing also. And I went off track times. Guys have ran there cars with and with out same night back to back. Gained nothing.

And the TB with the Boss is worthless., I read the same article. It gained 1hp with the TB and Boss. That is worthless. Here is the article.
2012 Boss 302 Intake Test - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

Adding the L&M throttle body actually picked up power down low and increased the peak by 1 hp. Either the system is optimized at this point or the Boss manifold could use even more throttle body. Time will tell on that front

Read more: 2012 Boss 302 Intake Test Dynograph Photo 19

And 5.0 magazine claims 20whp off the airraid yet everyone else says 11whp. WHo is right? 5 to 1 you decide. Also 11whp is not going to do **** for ET at the track. WHat if your lucky .01. Save the 400 on the cold air and have gears installed or put towards headers.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:24 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Drop in K&N filter claims they gain 8whp or some thing also. And I went off track times. Guys have ran there cars with and with out same night back to back. Gained nothing.

And the TB with the Boss is worthless., I read the same article. It gained 1hp with the TB and Boss. That is worthless. Here is the article.
2012 Boss 302 Intake Test - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

Adding the L&M throttle body actually picked up power down low and increased the peak by 1 hp. Either the system is optimized at this point or the Boss manifold could use even more throttle body. Time will tell on that front

Read more: 2012 Boss 302 Intake Test Dynograph Photo 19

And 5.0 magazine claims 20whp off the airraid yet everyone else says 11whp. WHo is right? 5 to 1 you decide. Also 11whp is not going to do **** for ET at the track. WHat if your lucky .01. Save the 400 on the cold air and have gears installed or put towards headers.
Guess the thousands of people out there w cold air intakes are wrong... Your saying that the same publication put out two diff articles.. You believe one but not the other? I bet l&m paid them off to show that their tb only gains 1hp w the boss intake.. Lol. Theres several product out there similar situation.. They get tested and put out more power than advertised or less.. But then a magazine says the opposite.. Who's to say who's lying or right or wong.. But when I have a dyno sheet in front if me I tend to lean that direction.. How do you know air raid didn't do the same testing with a base 87 run And then a 93 run w the intake? You don't.. And all these sites that you posted get their #s from air raid..
Old 09-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Is that proven through Dyno or are you just going off what the company tells the consumer
Old 09-15-2011, 10:57 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srohda

Is that proven through Dyno or are you just going off what the company tells the consumer
That's from an article in 5.0 and super fords with dynos
Old 09-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #24
Road Trip!

Quote:
Guess the thousands of people out there w cold air intakes are wrong... Your saying that the same publication put out two diff articles.. You believe one but not the other? I bet l&m paid them off to show that their tb only gains 1hp w the boss intake.. Lol. Theres several product out there similar situation.. They get tested and put out more power than advertised or less.. But then a magazine says the opposite.. Who's to say who's lying or right or wong.. But when I have a dyno sheet in front if me I tend to lean that direction.. How do you know air raid didn't do the same testing with a base 87 run And then a 93 run w the intake? You don't.. And all these sites that you posted get their #s from air raid..
WHat thousands of people with the TB. The thing isn't selling worth a ****. No one wants it. It gained what 10whp with the stock intake. WHich is what it was designed for. 400 for tb to gain 10whp or 400 for a Boss intake and gain over 35whp..HMM easy decision.

Also if Airraid says they only gain 11whp you just lost all credibility of it gaining 20whp. We don't know if anyone used 87 or 93. That is the point. I have not seen one person say hey I gained 20whp from a codl air yet. And I ma on a lot of mustang sites. Some that have 10X more sponsors that test everything. Give real feed back and are not just trying to sell ****.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:43 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

WHat thousands of people with the TB. The thing isn't selling worth a ****. No one wants it. It gained what 10whp with the stock intake. WHich is what it was designed for. 400 for tb to gain 10whp or 400 for a Boss intake and gain over 35whp..HMM easy decision.

Also if Airraid says they only gain 11whp you just lost all credibility of it gaining 20whp. We don't know if anyone used 87 or 93. That is the point. I have not seen one person say hey I gained 20whp from a codl air yet. And I ma on a lot of mustang sites. Some that have 10X more sponsors that test everything. Give real feed back and are not just trying to sell ****.
Dude I said "people with cold air intakes". Not tb? I had a programmer b4 I got my cold air intake.. Definitely made a difference in power after I installed my CAI.. And you can't feel less than 20 hp diff in the seat of your pants... No these obviously aren't from a dyno but I assure you the power is there.. Basically to end the argument you keep saying that you can't trust testiing from this person or that company.. You can't either.. As for the track times.. I ran against a stock 5.0 w 3.31s.. I had programmer and 3.73s.. He ran a 12.90 and me a 13.05... Problem was that the extra power I had caused me to break loose more than him.. So even though I have more power he still gets the best time..
Old 09-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I'm just going to get the Roush intake for now to go with my Roush axle backs. Don't want to tune my car yet I just want the engine to breathe easy. Thanks!
Old 09-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Quote:
Dude I said "people with cold air intakes". Not tb? I had a programmer b4 I got my cold air intake.. Definitely made a difference in power after I installed my CAI.. And you can't feel less than 20 hp diff in the seat of your pants... No these obviously aren't from a dyno but I assure you the power is there.. Basically to end the argument you keep saying that you can't trust testiing from this person or that company.. You can't either.. As for the track times.. I ran against a stock 5.0 w 3.31s.. I had programmer and 3.73s.. He ran a 12.90 and me a 13.05... Problem was that the extra power I had caused me to break loose more than him.. So even though I have more power he still gets the best time..
EIther way then why are most people choosing the JLT/steeda then the Airaid. WHat cause they gain a bunch more power. HMM Maybe. Show me where any of the fastest 5.0's there is using a Airaid. I mean if it gained this magical 20whp with no tune then that would be what every one would be going with. There has been 1 so far to break the 500whp mark . And he was using a JLT..I mean **** if it picked up 20whp with no tune then it should pick up like 50 with the tune.

As far as the 13.03. Stock tires. You have a manual it is not hard to break the tires loose with nothing done to the car. I will assume that this 13.03 was also done with some high DA? STock tires and all you should still manage some lower 12's with this super tune and cold air you have. It has been done a bunch. Some even have went 11.8's on stock tires. Wait till it cools off some and try again.

Every company is going to say there product is the best.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

As far as the TB not only that article but people actually testing them. Call JPC/BBR and ask them about there testing. Specially JPC. They told me not to waste my money on it. That is great for a performance shop to actually tell you the truth.

People are doing real testing on the FRPP 90mm TB right now. Some have already same thing. Save the $600+ it cost and spend it else where.

Ford was caught saying they released it cause people begged for it so much. The same stupid people that will buy it thinking they gained 25whp from it.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

EIther way then why are most people choosing the JLT/steeda then the Airaid. WHat cause they gain a bunch more power. HMM Maybe. Show me where any of the fastest 5.0's there is using a Airaid. I mean if it gained this magical 20whp with no tune then that would be what every one would be going with. There has been 1 so far to break the 500whp mark . And he was using a JLT..I mean **** if it picked up 20whp with no tune then it should pick up like 50 with the tune.

As far as the 13.03. Stock tires. You have a manual it is not hard to break the tires loose with nothing done to the car. I will assume that this 13.03 was also done with some high DA? STock tires and all you should still manage some lower 12's with this super tune and cold air you have. It has been done a bunch. Some even have went 11.8's on stock tires. Wait till it cools off some and try again.

Every company is going to say there product is the best.
Whoa the only thing I said is air raid puts out 20 w no tune.. That's all.. I never said anything bout it being better than a steeda/JLT/C&L.. That's why I have a steeda.. The only reason in my eyes to buy a air raid or roush is to not HAVE to tune the car.. Most of us don't care therefore we are goin to buy one that requires a tune bc most of us are going to tune the vehicle anyway.. Also the 13.05 was done with nothing but the tuner and axle backs... As I already said.. I really don't think your actually reading what I'm saying and just arguing..
Old 09-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #29
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Why are yall hijacking this mans thread with this arguement?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:50 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Dude nobody wants the throttle body.. I was using that as an example as to how you were being contradicting.. Anyway I'm done here..

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Why are yall hijacking this mans thread with this arguement?
Lol I'm done!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #31
Road Trip!

Quote:
Whoa the only thing I said is air raid puts out 20 w no tune.. That's all.. I never said anything bout it being better than a steeda/JLT/C&L.. That's why I have a steeda.. The only reason in my eyes to buy a air raid or roush is to not HAVE to tune the car.. Most of us don't care therefore we are goin to buy one that requires a tune bc most of us are going to tune the vehicle anyway.. Also the 13.05 was done with nothing but the tuner and axle backs... As I already said.. I really don't think your actually reading what I'm saying and just arguing..
I know what the 13 was ran with.

I have ran 12.1 with nothing but tires.

OP do what cold air you want. There is a lot of options. Do some more research of your own as well. Other forums and sites. See what people use and what has worked.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I know what the 13 was ran with.

I have ran 12.1 with nothing but tires.

OP do what cold air you want. There is a lot of options. Do some more research of your own as well. Other forums and sites. See what people use and what has worked.
Yea I am going with the Roush cause it uses most of the stock tube and it doesn't require a tune.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:48 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

That's an e85 tune by the way, dude owns a shop out here in Cali... Apparently the stock 5.0 can handle e85 with only a tune and that alone puts out over 400 at the wheels.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:31 AM   #34
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
That's an e85 tune by the way, dude owns a shop out here in Cali... Apparently the stock 5.0 can handle e85 with only a tune and that alone puts out over 400 at the wheels.
Ya I know it is a E85 tune. I am going E85. I know a few others that have went E85 also. It is like running 108 octane all the time. Guys are gaining about 30whp+ with just a E85 tune on stock cars. This guy isn't the first to do it.

Even then that is very very impressive. No other mods just tune/tire run 11.7...
Old 09-16-2011, 06:50 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Wish they sold E85 in Connecticut. You can't find it anywhere.
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT