Best X or H Pipe to match with Hushpowers ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Best X or H Pipe to match with Hushpowers ?

Hey guys, Just wondering what you guys think would be the best X or H pipe to put with my Hushpowers? As I do with wheels im sure ill change exhaust set ups 10xs but right now im just looking for a bit better sound and HP. With that being said. which ones should i consider?
2012 GT Premium/Black/6sp/Brembo Pkg/20" Foose Speeds/16%Tint/Letheal OR-X/GT500 Exhaust/FR K Springs/Roush TVS SC/JLT CAI/VMP 82mm Pulley/GT500 Front/Black Mamba Hood/MGW Shifter/Stallion Suspension LCAs and Panhard bar
Kystang615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Re: Best X or H Pipe to match with Hushpowers ?

BBR/Lethal off road x pipe. It will be nice and loud..LOL.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kystang615
Hey guys, Just wondering what you guys think would be the best X or H pipe to put with my Hushpowers? As I do with wheels im sure ill change exhaust set ups 10xs but right now im just looking for a bit better sound and HP. With that being said. which ones should i consider?
I'm happy with my bbk o/r xpipe and hushpowers!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I also and wondering if i need a catted x pipe or not. I would say in the next 8-10 months i will add LT headers. Here in TN we have a yearly emissions (very minimal) so as long as the CEL light is not on, im good. Do our factory headers have cats on them as well or just the stock h pipe?
2012 GT Premium/Black/6sp/Brembo Pkg/20" Foose Speeds/16%Tint/Letheal OR-X/GT500 Exhaust/FR K Springs/Roush TVS SC/JLT CAI/VMP 82mm Pulley/GT500 Front/Black Mamba Hood/MGW Shifter/Stallion Suspension LCAs and Panhard bar
Old 09-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I also and wondering if i need a catted x pipe or not. I would say in the next 8-10 months i will add LT headers. Here in TN we have a yearly emissions (very minimal) so as long as the CEL light is not on, im good. Do our factory headers have cats on them as well or just the stock h pipe?
You have the headers.. Then the cats.. Then h pipe.. Then resonators.. Then axlebacks
Old 09-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks man, so I asumme if i go catless, im will def. throw a CEL?
Old 09-16-2011, 10:30 AM   #7
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

On my 07 I had Kooks LTs and catted H and still couldn't pass inspection.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks man, so I asumme if i go catless, im will def. throw a CEL?
Ya without a tuner you will throw a check engine light
Old 09-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #9
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Had a tuner,never threw a light and still wouldn't pass inspection.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Had a tuner,never threw a light and still wouldn't pass inspection.
He said all they do is check to see if the CEL is on or not.. Didn't say he would pass inspection just that the light won't come on with a tuner..
Old 09-16-2011, 11:15 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I am def. going to get a tune also... Here in Tn, they just screw some thing over your gas cap and plug into to PCM to see if your getting any code errors..
Old 09-16-2011, 11:17 AM   #12
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kystang615 View Post
If you plan on adding LT's later wait. You will have to buy a new x pipe anyway. WHy spend the money twice?

Also if no tune as mentioned deleting the cats you will need a tune.

Also if you are doing headers you will need a tune. Only ones that claim you can do with out a tune are BBK. But you will not see max gains with out a tune.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Do not screw urself like I did and go with anything that will not pass inspection. I paid about about 2k in tickets cause of a bad bad descion. wish I could go back
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I plan on doing lts and shouldn't have to buy a new xpipe.. Just take to the muffler shop and they should be able to fix ya up.. I also went with a bbk after cat xpipe bc it was cheaper to do that and just have my muffler shop cut the cats off and weld in a piece of pipe...
Old 09-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Ken, exactly what mistake did u make? How strict are your emissions?
Old 09-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
I plan on doing lts and shouldn't have to buy a new xpipe.. Just take to the muffler shop and they should be able to fix ya up.. I also went with a bbk after cat xpipe bc it was cheaper to do that and just have my muffler shop cut the cats off and weld in a piece of pipe...
WHy have to keep going to a muffler shop and paying money to weld and fix stuff when you can order it all right form the get go?

EVery muffler shop has different prices. I know one here wanted 300 to weld straight pipe in where my mufflers was.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ken, exactly what mistake did u make? How strict are your emissions?
I'll try not to make this long winded, after slapping on a Procharger I went for inspection and couldn't pass. And was given misinformation that I won't pass. So I said fine screw it, got kooks long tubes and had a muffler shop weld me an x pipe and going all the way back to some flow masters.
The car sounded sick! Like crazy aggressive but I couldn't pass inspection. About a year later I took my car to the guru himself, dan from realspeed in bohemia and he told me Ofcourse u could have passed, when they send the canned tune they have the rear 02 sensors turned off, so finally after a year of getting written up tickets and spending over 2 k I spent 1300 on a new exhaust that's legal. Sound ok, nothing like the old but I dont have to constantly run from cops.

Lesson- make sure u buy parts that will pass inspection! .

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

WHy have to keep going to a muffler shop and paying money to weld and fix stuff when you can order it all right form the get go?

EVery muffler shop has different prices. I know one here wanted 300 to weld straight pipe in where my mufflers was.
I totally agree, go with the parts that u can order and bolt on. Avoid the welding. It's just a hassle later on
Old 09-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema
I totally agree, go with the parts that u can order and bolt on. Avoid the welding. It's just a hassle later on
+1

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:12 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

So im assuming my best bet would be some LT headers and a catted x pipe that would go with them ??
Old 09-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So im assuming my best bet would be some LT headers and a catted x pipe that would go with them ??
Yes but I think u should have a shop to give u all Ur options.
But that sounds like a solid safe but fun plan.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ha well that guy was just screwing w you.. Mine wanted $40... An only $50 to cut off the cats and install the xpipe while he had it up on the lift.. Shoulda checked somewhere else.. And 2 trips to the muffler shop isn't that many especially considering I plan on waiting a while b4 headers.. But I wanted the o/r x.. sounds like this guy is in the same boat and either doesn't want to get headers yet or just plain can't afford it like me..

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema

I'll try not to make this long winded, after slapping on a Procharger I went for inspection and couldn't pass. And was given misinformation that I won't pass. So I said fine screw it, got kooks long tubes and had a muffler shop weld me an x pipe and going all the way back to some flow masters.
The car sounded sick! Like crazy aggressive but I couldn't pass inspection. About a year later I took my car to the guru himself, dan from realspeed in bohemia and he told me Ofcourse u could have passed, when they send the canned tune they have the rear 02 sensors turned off, so finally after a year of getting written up tickets and spending over 2 k I spent 1300 on a new exhaust that's legal. Sound ok, nothing like the old but I dont have to constantly run from cops.

Lesson- make sure u buy parts that will pass inspection! .

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Hassle? You plan on taking it off?
Old 09-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #22
Road Trip!

Quote:
Ha well that guy was just screwing w you.. Mine wanted $40... An only $50 to cut off the cats and install the xpipe while he had it up on the lift.. Shoulda checked somewhere else.. And 2 trips to the muffler shop isn't that many especially considering I plan on waiting a while b4 headers.. But I wanted the o/r x.. sounds like this guy is in the same boat and either doesn't want to get headers yet or just plain can't afford it like me..

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Hassle? You plan on taking it off?
No every place is different in the country. Just cause they charge you 40 in Alabama don't mean in NY or TX or Ohio it will be 40. Different economies. What is cheap there might not be cheap every where.

Also TX you have to have cats. If you don't you will fail inspection. Also if get caught driving with out them it is a nice hefty fine. Solution. Buy a catted x pipe and gut it. Most exhaust shops will not even cut them out for you and weld in straight pipe. If they do they charge you a butt load cause they can get a fine for even doing it. Then they don't give you a receipt in the event you get in trouble you can't try say they did it cause well then its your word vs theirs.

Telling some one oh do this and it only be $40 to just weld straight pipe in is retarded. If they tell him its more then 40 are you going to pay the difference?

Also its fine if can't afford just save. That what most do. And why go to exhaust shop at all? when you can but it already done and have the pleasure of putting it on your self in an hour. And save money in the long wrong cause you are not paying for stuff twice. You take car into ford they will deny warranty for certain **** if no cats are there at all. It has happened already.

As I showed in other thread look around find sale and use forum discounts. Parts are out there cheaper. People just go here or there cause some one said I bought here. And they go ok. and go spend 500 on a axle back with out realizing that they could have got a whole cat back for the same price or just a little more. And then have gotten rid of the stock mufflers and resonators which muffle the exhaust just like the stock mufflers.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Hey ****** bag I didn't tell him it would be $40.. I said that is what I got quoted..
Old 09-16-2011, 05:51 PM   #24
Road Trip!

Quote:
Hey ****** bag I didn't tell him it would be $40.. I said that is what I got quoted..
You dont have t o get mad. We disagree. Have different taste. I wnat my stuff perfect from the git go. Ordered so I can do everything in my drive way. You want to let people cut up your exhaust and weld and do it the cheap way. COOL!

You said it was $40 for you. And that I need look around cause I was priced high when I was told it be $300. As I stated every place is different. That was the point. Just cause it cost $40 in Alabama don't mean will be that price everywhere. IS THAT EASY FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND?

If you have an issue take it to PM. No reason for name calling. Just cause you getting mad and crap.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No every place is different in the country. Just cause they what

Also TX you have to have cats. If you don't you will fail inspection. Also if get caught driving with out them it is a nice hefty fine. Solution. Buy a catted x pipe and gut it. Most exhaust shops will not even cut them out for you and weld in straight pipe. If they do they charge you a butt load cause they can get a fine for even doing it. Then they don't give you a receipt in the event you get in trouble you can't try say they did it cause well then its your word vs theirs.

Telling some one oh do this and it only be $40 to just weld straight pipe in is retarded. If they tell him its more then 40 are you going to pay the difference?

Also its fine if can't afford just save. That what most do. And why go to exhaust shop at all? when you can but it already done and have the pleasure of putting it on your self in an hour. And save money in the long wrong cause you are not paying for stuff twice. You take car into ford they will deny warranty for certain **** if no cats are there at all. It has happened already.

As I showed in other thread look around find sale and use forum discounts. Parts are out there cheaper. People just go here or there cause some one said I bought here. And they go ok. and go spend 500 on a axle back with out realizing that they could have got a whole cat back for the same price or just a little more. And then have gotten rid of the stock mufflers and resonators which muffle the exhaust just like the stock mufflers.
I live in AR not Alabama.. Can't change it through the phone ap.. Quit trying to pick fights w me about everything.. I was giving the guy his options and telling what I did.. I will NOT have to pay for anything twice and I'll have much less $ in my exhaust.. That's all I'm saying.. Nothing to argue with there.. And if ford gets under the car to inspect the exhaust then they are also goin to notice if you got stainless exhaust as well as standard exhaust pipe vs the factory bronze colored pipe.. As mentioned in many many threads by many people it depends on the dealership and how well you are in with the people there as to warranty claims.. And as for puttin the exhaust on yourself not everyone is capable of doing so.. Especially in an hour.. Not everyone has a garage or shop or buddy with a shop or tools or even the know how.. I personally do but not everyone does.. Off of what the guy said his inspection is very minimal saying they only check for CELs I said in that case he could cut off the cats IF he had a tune.. I didn't say anything about fines or legal ramifications.. And neither did he.. Just answering the question and giving my personal opinion and advice.. Just bc it's not the way you did it doesn't mean it's wrong ***
Old 09-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #26
Road Trip!

I pulled my car on ramps in my drive way and did my x pipe by self in an hour. Its not hard. That was with simple tools. Also Ford will less worried about exhaust if you have cats compared to no cats.

I never said it was wrong. I said again look around for pricing. Compare it. You can get stuff cheap if look around. Look on amazon they had off road x pipe that bolt in for like $150-200. Then no need to worry about getting welding done, or what not. That and cause YOU paid $40 it may be more expensive else where.

Also again I stated every state is different with its rules. And stated how TX was. Hell different parts of some states are different.

So again it don't matter if in AR or AL. EVERYPLACE IS DIFFERENT! YOu could live in a small town compared to his huge town. Or the other way around. He maybe lives 60 miles from the closest muffler place. WE DON'T KNOW!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:21 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I pulled my car on ramps in my drive way and did my x pipe by self in an hour. Its not hard. That was with simple tools. Also Ford will less worried about exhaust if you have cats compared to no cats.

I never said it was wrong. I said again look around for pricing. Compare it. You can get stuff cheap if look around. Look on amazon they had off road x pipe that bolt in for like $150-200. Then no need to worry about getting welding done, or what not. That and cause YOU paid $40 it may be more expensive else where.

Also again I stated every state is different with its rules. And stated how TX was. Hell different parts of some states are different.

So again it don't matter if in AR or AL. EVERYPLACE IS DIFFERENT! YOu could live in a small town compared to his huge town. Or the other way around. He maybe lives 60 miles from the closest muffler place. WE DON'T KNOW!
Omg dude shut up.. And you said you installed you cat back in an hour.. Not your x-pipe.. Totally diff story..Some peopledont own ramps or a jack or jack stands... Some people don't even own a screwdriver homeslice.. I never effing said the guy could get it done for $40 quit putting words in my mouth.. I SAID THAT IS WHAT I WAS QUOTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get it this time? The guy didn't ask if it was legal or anything or about warranties so why are you even talking about it?? Read the effing threads and posts b4 you post
Old 09-16-2011, 06:46 PM   #28
Road Trip!

Quote:
Omg dude shut up.. And you said you installed you cat back in an hour.. Not your x-pipe.. Totally diff story..Some peopledont own ramps or a jack or jack stands... Some people don't even own a screwdriver homeslice.. I never effing said the guy could get it done for $40 quit putting words in my mouth.. I SAID THAT IS WHAT I WAS QUOTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get it this time? The guy didn't ask if it was legal or anything or about warranties so why are you even talking about it?? Read the effing threads and posts b4 you post
OK your still an idiot. You don't get it. Tell him you paid 40. Making it sound like that is what he is going to pay. As said some of us do not like to do **** the cheap way. Like you with your back woods just chop it up and weld it in BS.

I installed my x pipe in an hour. Then order cat back. Another hour, The **** isn't hard. And well actually he has at least one jack that came with the car.

And yes if he is buying headers I said wait. HMM why. Cs the f'ing x pipe will have to be a different length. That is why.
And now 40 is very cheap cause you know the guy. HMM...And don't you work on cars for a living? SO why would you have to take it else where when you work at a shop?

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Oh agian if you have a personal issue with me feel free to send me a pm!
Old 09-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

OK your still an idiot. You don't get it. Tell him you paid 40. Making it sound like that is what he is going to pay. As said some of us do not like to do **** the cheap way. Like you with your back woods just chop it up and weld it in BS.

I installed my x pipe in an hour. Then order cat back. Another hour, The **** isn't hard. And well actually he has at least one jack that came with the car.

And yes if he is buying headers I said wait. HMM why. Cs the f'ing x pipe will have to be a different length. That is why.
And now 40 is very cheap cause you know the guy. HMM...And don't you work on cars for a living? SO why would you have to take it else where when you work at a shop?
We don't have a welder... You aren't paying attention or your missing something here.. First off you can get under a car on a jack with out jack stands all day if you want.. People have died doin that.. (especially the flimsy *** factory jack).. Yes its very easy to install this type of thing for guys like us.. But my cousin that lives w me for instance owns no tools whatsoever and literally wouldnt have the slightest idea where to start with installing a cat back... I wouldn't have a job if everyone could install everything on their vehicles themselves.. Easy or difficult.. It's a two way street dumb ***.. If I told him I was QUOTED $40 for the fifth effing time... NOT PAID $40... Bc I have effing hushpowers like you.. And you told him you were quoted $300 then how is it that I am the one who is "making it sound like that is what he is going to pay". I live in northwest AR.. Not exactly backwoods.. In case you have forgotten the clamp on exhaust is kinda a new thing.. Exhaust has been welded since the beginning of cars.. Still is on most... I have as many welds as you do clamps.. And if your muffler guy is worth a sh*t then he can put a clean weld on it that looks nice..when my exhaust is finished it will look sound function as well as any out there.. And i never have to worry about a leak.. Where as the joints can be hard to seal sometimes with a clamp.. Or the clamp could loosen over time or even break.. As far as stainless vs standard exhaust pipe I personally dont see the need unless you plan on keeping your car for 40 yrs or something like that.. Or if you plan on doing car shows and someone will actually see it... But that's just a personal thing.. If I could stand to go without exhaust for like a year I could save up the $$ for stainless.. So what exactly is wrong with the cheap way when it's exactly the same?? Sounds like the SMART WAY to me... Whos the idiot now? The ONLY diff is I'm paying less money.. Once again I'm not wrong and your not wrong and I'm not trying to say you are I simply stated what I went with and how I did it.. And you started saying how you were quoted $300 dont do it that way it looks like ****... Blah blah blah.. I'm not trying to argue or anything I'm just trying to defend myself at this point bc you are thrashing everything I say about everything on every thread.. Same thing on the other thread that you are thrashing me on.. Both threads I have only given my opinion or what I did on my car.. And then told that was a bad way of doing it or that it looks like ****.. Gonna be the same in the end.. With as much or less $$ invested.. Seriously dude there is nothing to argue about that's what I did to my car.. And that was my opinion on the subject.. So quit attacking me..

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

I have no personal issue whatsoever just quit attacking me dude.. I'm only defending myself and my point of view.. I'm done talking about the subject..
Old 09-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #30
Road Trip!

You are not getting it. Now you was only quoted 40 but didnt do it? HMM..

And who has enough HP. Not me I am aiming for over 500whp N/A. And also the fastest N/A car out there. I already own the record for the fastest stock time. That was the 12.1@114. YOu can say I had tires. Most consider tire swap still stock. Same thing with the fastest Boss that went 11.7. It had tires.

Welding is great till you have to take the exhaust off. Also that is a lot of work when trying to do a exhaust. Go to this shop and have them do this etc. etc.

As said just cause you was told $40 don't mean her will be. That was point. You say that and people will think that it should only be that. You have to put facts out there. That you knew the guy. That was the whole point.

And most car guys can put a cat back or a x pipe on with no issues.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:29 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You are not getting it. Now you was only quoted 40 but didnt do it? HMM..

And who has enough HP. Not me I am aiming for over 500whp N/A. And also the fastest N/A car out there. I already own the record for the fastest stock time. That was the 12.1@114. YOu can say I had tires. Most consider tire swap still stock. Same thing with the fastest Boss that went 11.7. It had tires.

Welding is great till you have to take the exhaust off. Also that is a lot of work when trying to do a exhaust. Go to this shop and have them do this etc. etc.

As said just cause you was told $40 don't mean her will be. That was point. You say that and people will think that it should only be that. You have to put facts out there. That you knew the guy. That was the whole point.

And most car guys can put a cat back or a x pipe on with no issues.
Ok well you said 300 so according to what you are saying that means that people are going to think they would have to pay $300.. As I said look at what your sayin.. It's a two way street.. Once again you are not reading said I didn't know the guy.. Just use him for all my exhaust work and that's the only way I know him.. I was only quoted forty from the beginning if you would read my effing posts!! Quoted means that is what I was told i would have to pay.. Charged is what I would have said if I had actually done it.. Or maybe paid.. But I said QUOTED $40 from the beginning.. so therefore no I didn't do the muffler delete.. If you would pay attention instead of just trying to prove me wrong when there is nothing to be proved wrong about then you would have caught that jack ***... I also never said he could get it done for $40.. Only thats what my muffler shop told me.. And i DONT KNOW HIM!!! I never plan on taking my exhaust off?? The entire time i own this car it will be in the muffler shop twice.. Once for the cats.. And once to attach headers to xpipe.. That's it.. I pay less.. I have sat down for hours and hours several nights planning out my mods.. I went through every option and this was the cheapest for me.. Might not be for someone else but I was just stating what I have found.. And where did this talk about your times come from?? actually never mind I don't care.. Don't bother trying to prove me wrong on this one or say how I'm an idiot.. I'm deleting the thread so you won't hear back and will only be arguing with yourself..

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

If most car guys did everything themselves I wouldn't have a job..
Old 09-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #32
Road Trip!

Quote:
Ok well you said 300 so according to what you are saying that means that people are going to think they would have to pay $300.. As I said look at what your sayin.. It's a two way street.. Once again you are not reading said I didn't know the guy.. Just use him for all my exhaust work and that's the only way I know him.. I was only quoted forty from the beginning if you would read my effing posts!! Quoted means that is what I was told i would have to pay.. Charged is what I would have said if I had actually done it.. Or maybe paid.. But I said QUOTED $40 from the beginning.. so therefore no I didn't do the muffler delete.. If you would pay attention instead of just trying to prove me wrong when there is nothing to be proved wrong about then you would have caught that jack ***... I also never said he could get it done for $40.. Only thats what my muffler shop told me.. And i DONT KNOW HIM!!! I never plan on taking my exhaust off?? The entire time i own this car it will be in the muffler shop twice.. Once for the cats.. And once to attach headers to xpipe.. That's it.. I pay less.. I have sat down for hours and hours several nights planning out my mods.. I went through every option and this was the cheapest for me.. Might not be for someone else but I was just stating what I have found.. And where did this talk about your times come from?? actually never mind I don't care.. Don't bother trying to prove me wrong on this one or say how I'm an idiot.. I'm deleting the thread so you won't hear back and will only be arguing with yourself..

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

If most car guys did everything themselves I wouldn't have a job..
No ******. I said I was told 300. And said every where is different. Yet you said you knew him. Then now say you don't. So which is it? Do you forget what hell you say.

And never plan on taking exhaust off? So dont plan on upgrading clutch? cause if adding power the stock will not hold.

And how pay less? I do most my own work. If I don't I get most done for free. Or for a discount that most people still pay 4x as much.

We can go over how much I have in my car. As said I will come out cheaper. You already paid for a SCT and tune. I haven't. So again how are you coming out ahead?

YOu are a lost cause I see. DO your car how you want. As we can already see you are doing it wrong. Your times for your car show that. 13's with a tune. Proves that.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote:
As said in other thread I never told him it would be $40 to do that.. Only that's what I was quoted l.. 300 is a very very very high price for ANYWHERE in the country.. Its seriously two pieces of pipe less than 1ft long each.. 30 min of labor.. $40 is very cheap cuz I know the guy.. But if someone quotes you more than $100 tell them to eff off... Economies are different all over the country as you said.. But that is literally over 7xs the price I got quoted.. It doesn't cost 7xs more to live in TX... Therefore it cannot be attributed to difference in economies.. Trust me I know how to get the cheapest price and have payed less for anything that I have bought than prolly anyone else unless they work at a shop and can get things for cost like me..
So you do know him or don'T..You said it now say you didn't..what the F@&^!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No ******. I said I was told 300. And said every where is different. Yet you said you knew him. Then now say you don't. So which is it? Do you forget what hell you say.

And never plan on taking exhaust off? So dont plan on upgrading clutch? cause if adding power the stock will not hold.

And how pay less? I do most my own work. If I don't I get most done for free. Or for a discount that most people still pay 4x as much.

We can go over how much I have in my car. As said I will come out cheaper. You already paid for a SCT and tune. I haven't. So again how are you coming out ahead?

YOu are a lost cause I see. DO your car how you want. As we can already see you are doing it wrong. Your times for your car show that. 13's with a tune. Proves that.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

So you do know him or don'T..You said it now say you didn't..what the F@&^!
And I said I was told $40 what's the f*cking difference?
Old 09-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #34
Road Trip!

Quote:
And I said I was told $40 what's the f*cking difference?
Cause now you look like a liar. First you paid this or did this and t hen you got quoted this. Then you only got that price cause you knew the guy. Then you don't know him.

I mean **** is that really your grabber blue mustang? Do you really work at a shop? I mean if you do please tell us where so we don't take our cars there. I have a buddy some where up in AR that is a recruiter I tell him make sure he don't go there.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:07 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy

Let me post this here too since you are at it on 2 threads

hey guys, I just want to put it out there both of you know what you are doing when it comes to your mustangs and you have my respect and friendship but before we draw unwanted attention lets keep the name calling to a minimum and keep the gloves on mouth guards in, good times good times
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT