Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Clear bra for Roush bumper

3K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  gtstyles2 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a precut clear bra for a Roush bumper? I can find a few for the standard GT but not the Roush.

#4 ·
Doubt you'll find one precut for a roush.. We have put that on a few vehicles.. Its an awesome product and works really well.. We are a tint shop and we have a computer program that cuts our tint for us and in there is also software for cutting those kits.. Anything like that is only gonna be factory vehicles.. Best bet is just to have someone do it custom prolly.. Its not cheap but wish I had done it b4 I got 2 chips in my hood and bumper.. They'll just have to put it on and cut to fit as they go..

#5 ·
you may have to find a local installer and they can custom cut and install them for you... it will NOT be cheap though (probably 500-800 bucks)

#6 ·
SpectorV said:
you may have to find a local installer and they can custom cut and install them for you... it will NOT be cheap though (probably 500-800 bucks)
Yeah, found a guy locally who can wrap the entire front for about $500. Scheduled for next Friday so we'll see how good he really is. His site and pics look really good.

#7 ·
Found a place that will do whole front, mirrors, door edges, rocker panel, behind rear wheels and all around tint for 1K.

#8 ·
Just to let all know, make sure you research who puts the clear on and how. The installer who messed up and wasn't able to do the job I requested actually cut the bra on the car and scratched my paint. Needless to say, I'm pissed. Having all removed and inspected. Every panel scratched they get to pay for a repaint.

#9 ·
poloka said:
Just to let all know, make sure you research who puts the clear on and how. The installer who messed up and wasn't able to do the job I requested actually cut the bra on the car and scratched my paint. Needless to say, I'm pissed. Having all removed and inspected. Every panel scratched they get to pay for a repaint.
It's not easy to do at all.. We have a computer plotter that cuts out our tint, vinyl, and clear shield... I suggest finding someone that does it that way.. Some vehicles aren't in our system but prolly 98% of them are.. You can cut it out on the vehicle but you gotta know what your doin not to cut into the paint!

#10 ·
poloka said:
Ouch that really sucks, body work altogether sucks... When u say repaint, do u mean the whole car? Or the front nose, with the hood and fenders?

#11 ·
gtstyles2 said:
Ouch that really sucks, body work altogether sucks... When u say repaint, do u mean the whole car? Or the front nose, with the hood and fenders?
So far only know of the bumper. They are going to remove the fender, rocker panels, and the splash guards. If they are all scratched only my rear deck, roof and hood would not be repainted.

#12 ·
poloka said:
So far only know of the bumper. They are going to remove the fender, rocker panels, and the splash guards. If they are all scratched only my rear deck, roof and hood would not be repainted.
For a correct finish, the doors and hood may have to get blended in as well... Depending on how good the body shop is... These are aluminum hoods so bodywork isn't easy on it... I'm a total perfectionist, I do paintless dent repairs for dealerships, I hope they resolve your situation correctly

#13 ·
I'd recommend a dealership for the work also.. They usually seem to have a higher standard of quality.. Been in several diff body shops and I personally have always gotten the best work from a dealership..

#14 ·
Yea talking to the dealership helps a bit unless u know a reputable body shop. That's what dealers do anyway, they just send it off to a body shop... U have the right to use your favorite body shop, but u may have to involve the insurance of the shop that did the work just to make sure they don't cut corners

#15 ·
gtstyles2 said:
Yea talking to the dealership helps a bit unless u know a reputable body shop. That's what dealers do anyway, they just send it off to a body shop... U have the right to use your favorite body shop, but u may have to involve the insurance of the shop that did the work just to make sure they don't cut corners
Ya I wasnt really thinkin my dealership has their own ppg body shop in house.. It's easier for them to get correct paint matches.. And being a ford dealer they know everything about your car also.. But not all of them do have their own body shop.. I've never been disappointed w their work though..

#16 ·
I had a really bad experience... This isn't my 1st 2011 5.0 I had a sterling gray which I loved the color, but I took delivery of the car at night and the car sat in my garage for the first couple of days... Then I find out 6 days later after taking my car out the garage in the morning that it had body work which I wasnt told about... I was friggin heated!! I missed work and everything to throw the car back at them... I hate body work unless I did the damage myself, and this was my 1st new car, I didn't wanna be stuck with somebody else's mistake

#17 ·
gtstyles2 said:
I had a really bad experience... This isn't my 1st 2011 5.0 I had a sterling gray which I loved the color, but I took delivery of the car at night and the car sat in my garage for the first couple of days... Then I find out 6 days later after taking my car out the garage in the morning that it had body work which I wasnt told about... I was friggin heated!! I missed work and everything to throw the car back at them... I hate body work unless I did the damage myself, and this was my 1st new car, I didn't wanna be stuck with somebody else's mistake
Ya all depends on who does it.. But i def woulda been pissed in your situation..

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Btw the red looks good!

#18 ·
11stangGT said:
Ya all depends on who does it.. But i def woulda been pissed in your situation..

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Btw the red looks good!
Thanks, the grabber blue with the black contrast looks really cool too, here in Jersey there's very few 2011 5.0 Mustangs and I'm proud to be one of the few to have it :-D and when I see a grabber blue, it definitely turns heads... I was curious to the matte black 5.0 badges, are they easy to install? Meaning is there a groove or something underneath the original badge so that I won't make a mistake aligning the new badge??

#19 ·
gtstyles2 said:
Thanks, the grabber blue with the black contrast looks really cool too, here in Jersey there's very few 2011 5.0 Mustangs and I'm proud to be one of the few to have it :-D and when I see a grabber blue, it definitely turns heads... I was curious to the matte black 5.0 badges, are they easy to install? Meaning is there a groove or something underneath the original badge so that I won't make a mistake aligning the new badge??
Yes there is an alignment hole in the fender and a pin on the back of the badge that fits in it.. I actually just pulled mine off and covered them in vinyl... It looks cool cuz the edges are still chrome.. Gotta redo them though cuz I've decided to go w gloss black accents..

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

I don't know if you order new badges if they have the alignment pin on the back though.. But should be able to figure it out bc you have to cover up the hole in the fender.. So it can only go so many places and just make sure it's straight.. Oh and thanks btw!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.