Full bolt on 2011+ Stangs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-24-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Full bolt on 2011+ Stangs

Looking to see if there are any full Bolton stangs with this forum? If so what name brand mods are u running and what are ur dyno results?
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-24-2011, 10:46 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Full bolt on 2011+ Stangs

I am full bolt ons.

And soon will be stage 3 cams tuned with E85. Car is at the shop starting tear down next week.

Exterior mods: GT500 spoiler, 3" Blow By Racing cowl hood, Boss/California Special Front Valance, Roush rear Diffuser, Blacked out 5.0 Badages, Weld RT-S forged rims 17x4 front runners and 15x10 rears. WIth M&h 185/55/17 fronst and Mickey Thompson 295/55/15 drag radials

Suspespion mods: H&R race springs dropping it 1.4 front and 1.5 rear, BMR Fabricatiuons lower control/upper control/adjustable panhard bar/UMI LCA lower control barckets, UPR front sway bar delete, UMI LCA relocation brackets, UPR sway bar relocation/Shaftmasters aluminum drive shaft

Engine/Perfomance mods: Boss 302 Intake manifold/BBK long tube headers/BBK off road X pipe/Hush Power cat back, 4.10 gears, Custome tune by Central Texas Performance, Ram twin disc clutch with Billet aluminum fly wheel, 47lb injectors

DYno without cams/driveshaft/clutch..Also remember this dyno is with DR's and 4.10 gears. Which will bring down TQ a little. Not to mention day we tuned it was 103* in the shop.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:00 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Re: Full bolt on 2011+ Stangs

Nice! Must not be many full bolt on 2011+ stangs with this forum ur the only one I know of. I will be soon! Have a friend that with a black 5.0 that just did all his mods and he is full bolt on also I'm waiting for his dyno sheet he said he dynoed at 476rwhp thought that was impressive!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-26-2011, 05:00 AM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Full bolt on 2011+ Stangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Nice! Must not be many full bolt on 2011+ stangs with this forum ur the only one I know of. I will be soon! Have a friend that with a black 5.0 that just did all his mods and he is full bolt on also I'm waiting for his dyno sheet he said he dynoed at 476rwhp thought that was impressive!
I can see 470. With a very aggressive tune. That is how mine is set up. My A/F is 12.6-12.7 for the most. That is pretty aggressive for the new 5.0's.

I have a buddy that is full bolt ons as well that will be finishing up his tune in a week or so. But he is tuned for E85. He should make close to 480 maybe 490. Just depends on how aggressive he goes with it.

I am doing stage 3 cams right now. Along with few other things. I am tuning for E85 as well. Hoping to make 530whp. Least that is the goal.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:53 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
I am full bolt ons.

And soon will be stage 3 cams tuned with E85. Car is at the shop starting tear down next week.

Exterior mods: GT500 spoiler, 3" Blow By Racing cowl hood, Boss/California Special Front Valance, Roush rear Diffuser, Blacked out 5.0 Badages, Weld RT-S forged rims 17x4 front runners and 15x10 rears. WIth M&h 185/55/17 fronst and Mickey Thompson 295/55/15 drag radials

Suspespion mods: H&R race springs dropping it 1.4 front and 1.5 rear, BMR Fabricatiuons lower control/upper control/adjustable panhard bar/UMI LCA lower control barckets, UPR front sway bar delete, UMI LCA relocation brackets, UPR sway bar relocation/Shaftmasters aluminum drive shaft

Engine/Perfomance mods: Boss 302 Intake manifold/BBK long tube headers/BBK off road X pipe/Hush Power cat back, 4.10 gears, Custome tune by Central Texas Performance, Ram twin disc clutch with Billet aluminum fly wheel, 47lb injectors

DYno without cams/driveshaft/clutch..Also remember this dyno is with DR's and 4.10 gears. Which will bring down TQ a little. Not to mention day we tuned it was 103* in the shop.
That's alot of $$$$$ lol
Sick though lol
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Full bolt on 2011+ Stangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
That's alot of $$$$$ lol
Sick though lol
I have been lucky and got some great deals on parts. Had my dyno tunes and stuff all done for free. Also my cam install, clutch, driveshaft is all being done basically free.

But to do what I have done or having done it would cost least 10k.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:02 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

I have been lucky and got some great deals on parts. Had my dyno tunes and stuff all done for free. Also my cam install, clutch, driveshaft is all being done basically free.

But to do what I have done or having done it would cost least 10k.
WOW !!! That's crazy bro! Man wish I could get hooked up lol
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:39 AM   #8
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Full bolt on 2011+ Stangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
WOW !!! That's crazy bro! Man wish I could get hooked up lol
It helps a lot.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

I can see 470. With a very aggressive tune. That is how mine is set up. My A/F is 12.6-12.7 for the most. That is pretty aggressive for the new 5.0's.

I have a buddy that is full bolt ons as well that will be finishing up his tune in a week or so. But he is tuned for E85. He should make close to 480 maybe 490. Just depends on how aggressive he goes with it.

I am doing stage 3 cams right now. Along with few other things. I am tuning for E85 as well. Hoping to make 530whp. Least that is the goal.
My friend has kooks 1 3/4 primaries and i have 1 7/8 primaries from stainless works (headers of course) I should put down more than him. He is doing my header install for 400$ so that will help me towards getting the rest of the work done on the car as far as saving cash. Next time I get off work I'm going to purchase my sct tuner from bama and do my boss mani my self. I should be able to get the tunes I need free through bama to keep the car running till the headers are put on and then comes the custom dyno tune! It's going to be great I can't wait.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #10
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Full bolt on 2011+ Stangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
My friend has kooks 1 3/4 primaries and i have 1 7/8 primaries from stainless works (headers of course) I should put down more than him. He is doing my header install for 400$ so that will help me towards getting the rest of the work done on the car as far as saving cash. Next time I get off work I'm going to purchase my sct tuner from bama and do my boss mani my self. I should be able to get the tunes I need free through bama to keep the car running till the headers are put on and then comes the custom dyno tune! It's going to be great I can't wait.
The buddy I am talking about has shorty headers and has made just as much as LT header cars. There were 3 other that dynoed same day as him. He made same and more then them all. They all had the same mods at the time.


You are wasting money with the Bama tune. They will not take the Redline to where it needs to be. Also it has been shown on bolt on 5.0's that there is no difference with the 1 3/4 or 1 7/8's headers. Just save the money with the SCT and Bama tune. The car will still run fine with the Boss installed. I drove mine for about a week till I could get it on the dyno and get it tuned. Np issues. It will not have the most power or a perfect a/f ration. But also will not hurt nothing. Just food for thought.

The bigger headers will be great for a supercharger though.

Also you add some cams the bigger headers may help some also.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:12 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
The buddy I am talking about has shorty headers and has made just as much as LT header cars. There were 3 other that dynoed same day as him. He made same and more then them all. They all had the same mods at the time.

You are wasting money with the Bama tune. They will not take the Redline to where it needs to be. Also it has been shown on bolt on 5.0's that there is no difference with the 1 3/4 or 1 7/8's headers. Just save the money with the SCT and Bama tune. The car will still run fine with the Boss installed. I drove mine for about a week till I could get it on the dyno and get it tuned. Np issues. It will not have the most power or a perfect a/f ration. But also will not hurt nothing. Just food for thought.

The bigger headers will be great for a supercharger though.

Also you add some cams the bigger headers may help some also.
Well the shop that's going to do my custom dyno tune have shown me dyno sheets that say different. Doubt he would be lying to me being he would make more money off the kooks headers but he recommended I get the stainless works and showed me that the cars with the stainless works verses other brands all the larger primary stainless works cars made 10 to 12 more whp. Its just info from dyno sheets though. I will find out for sure when all my work is finished on my car and will post my results for all to see weather it proves true or not.

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
The buddy I am talking about has shorty headers and has made just as much as LT header cars. There were 3 other that dynoed same day as him. He made same and more then them all. They all had the same mods at the time.

You are wasting money with the Bama tune. They will not take the Redline to where it needs to be. Also it has been shown on bolt on 5.0's that there is no difference with the 1 3/4 or 1 7/8's headers. Just save the money with the SCT and Bama tune. The car will still run fine with the Boss installed. I drove mine for about a week till I could get it on the dyno and get it tuned. Np issues. It will not have the most power or a perfect a/f ration. But also will not hurt nothing. Just food for thought.

The bigger headers will be great for a supercharger though.

Also you add some cams the bigger headers may help some also.
Just getting the sct bama tuner so I can have the tunes for the car to run with the LT's and so it will run properly with the boss. When I get the shop to dyno tune my car they will use the same sct tuner so I need it anyway.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:56 AM   #12
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Full bolt on 2011+ Stangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Well the shop that's going to do my custom dyno tune have shown me dyno sheets that say different. Doubt he would be lying to me being he would make more money off the kooks headers but he recommended I get the stainless works and showed me that the cars with the stainless works verses other brands all the larger primary stainless works cars made 10 to 12 more whp. Its just info from dyno sheets though. I will find out for sure when all my work is finished on my car and will post my results for all to see weather it proves true or not.

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------



Just getting the sct bama tuner so I can have the tunes for the car to run with the LT's and so it will run properly with the boss. When I get the shop to dyno tune my car they will use the same sct tuner so I need it anyway.
If they really made 10whp more every one would have went with them. That is a fact. I have looked at several dyno sheets. From all kinds of headers and size headers. They all made the same amount of HP. The difference in HP can be several things. dyno corrections/type or dyno/weather/tune/gears/tires/auto vs manual/4th gear pull or 5th gear pull/91 octane vs 93 octane. And so on. A car with 3.55 gears will make more whp the a car with 3.73's or even 4.10's. Doesn't mean it really has more just shows more cause the gears.


As said understand about SCT tuner and bama tune. BUt just for the Boss it isn't needed. For the LT's it is and isn't. Actually worse thing would be a check engine light. Car will still run fine. Only thing going to make it not run is having a cold air intake and no tune. If it was only a few days till dyno tune then why waste the money. If it is a month then ya understand. Also there is such better tunes then bama to get while waiting on a dyno tune. And BBR gives a tune with there SCT also. All have to do is tell them mods.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:48 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Does BBR have a deal like with the bama tuner free tunes? Cause I work offshore and am putting mods on once a month when I'm in so there will be lil time between projects so when I put the headers on I will need a tune and then when I put the boss on I need a tune. So If BBR only gives one tune that won't help for what I'm trying to do. If u have any advice that would help it's welcome
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:26 AM   #14
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Full bolt on 2011+ Stangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Does BBR have a deal like with the bama tuner free tunes? Cause I work offshore and am putting mods on once a month when I'm in so there will be lil time between projects so when I put the headers on I will need a tune and then when I put the boss on I need a tune. So If BBR only gives one tune that won't help for what I'm trying to do. If u have any advice that would help it's welcome
BBR charges like 75 for there tunes after the free one. But they can tune your car to start with the way it will be.

Why not just put everything on at once and do the dyno tune then? Will save some money in the long run.

As far as the Boss there is not to many people that will take your RPM's out to 7800 where the Boss shines. They all stay "SAFE" so if some thing happens you can't blame them. Even there regular "AGGRESSIVE" tunes are pretty safe.

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

As mentioned you can install the Boss without a tune. Many have did it to start. The PCM will adjust the A/F to a safe level till you get the headers on and a dyno tune or a canned tune.


If you just want a tune and don't worry about best performance then get the Bama tune. If want the best tune do as above and put t he boss on then when do headers install a Evolution or Lethal tune. Or the best yet get a dyno tune.


You also have a PM.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Installing the boss will not throw a engine light? And if that is true I will install it soon as I can, as far as the tune not looking for best performance out of the canned tune. Just something to keep the car running properly without throwing a engine light, until I can get the car in for a dyno tune!

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
BBR charges like 75 for there tunes after the free one. But they can tune your car to start with the way it will be.

Why not just put everything on at once and do the dyno tune then? Will save some money in the long run.

As far as the Boss there is not to many people that will take your RPM's out to 7800 where the Boss shines. They all stay "SAFE" so if some thing happens you can't blame them. Even there regular "AGGRESSIVE" tunes are pretty safe.

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

As mentioned you can install the Boss without a tune. Many have did it to start. The PCM will adjust the A/F to a safe level till you get the headers on and a dyno tune or a canned tune.

If you just want a tune and don't worry about best performance then get the Bama tune. If want the best tune do as above and put t he boss on then when do headers install a Evolution or Lethal tune. Or the best yet get a dyno tune.

You also have a PM.
Not sure I'm understanding u correct what do u mean I also have a PM!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:18 AM   #16
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Full bolt on 2011+ Stangs

installing the boss will not throw a code. The headers will.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:03 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Cool beans than me and my mechanic buddy will install the boss the next time I'm off. He is going to help me do it for free. Then that just leaves the headers and dyno tune left before I'm full bolt on! Man I feel like a fat kid just out of reach of a triple decker chocolate cake! Can't wait till this is all done!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
put gt500 rims on my 2011 gt guzie 2011-2014 Mustang GT 13 09-02-2011 05:38 PM
2011 V6 versus 2012 GT 5.0 avengnd General Mustang Discussion 6 09-01-2011 05:49 AM
Hellion Powered 2011 5.0L Mustang GT - DRAG STRIP VIDEO JohnnyMustang 2011-2014 Mustang GT 18 08-01-2011 01:29 PM
Alabama Events for 2011 SpectorV Regional Mustang Discussion 5 07-25-2011 09:27 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:00 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.