Power Adders; Seeking Knowledge - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

Without breaking into the engine with full bolt ons and dyno tune it will only cost me 3467$ that should put me in the area of 540 on the crank and 470 to 480 to the wheels. This what the speed shop est. Me at once the work is finished. This is ball park numbers when I get dyno tuned I will see the true results and post for everyone.
Please list all the mods you did once complete unless you know them all now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2011, 11:58 AM   #37
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Re: Power Adders; Seeking Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
He will have Boss intake, cold air, Long Tube headers, x pipe, and cat back. A hell of a dyno tune. This is all really needed to reach the 450-470 range. The tune will be pretty aggressive as well.

Keep in mind every dyno is different as well. One may say you have 470 and the next one you get on says you have 440.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

He will have Boss intake, cold air, Long Tube headers, x pipe, and cat back. A hell of a dyno tune. This is all really needed to reach the 450-470 range. The tune will be pretty aggressive as well.

Keep in mind every dyno is different as well. One may say you have 470 and the next one you get on says you have 440.
Yep wnt2gofst has listed all the mods! It's Gona be great when all the work is done.

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd

If u want the brands and details let me know!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2011, 10:32 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

Yep wnt2gofst has listed all the mods! It's Gona be great when all the work is done.

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

Yep I do. Please send me a PM. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:57 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post

What headers/X/cat-back are you going with?

I've been thinking of the BBK LTs with their o/r X, but I have no idea what catback to get. I've heard good things about the hushpower but I can't seem to find it very easily.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #41
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post

I've been thinking of the BBK LTs with their o/r X, but I have no idea what catback to get. I've heard good things about the hushpower but I can't seem to find it very easily.
This is the same set up I have. BBK LT's, O/R X, and Hushpower cat back. Sounds great. Latemodel has the best price on the Hushpower cat back that I have seen.

Also the BBK headers and X have made just as much power as all the other more expensive headers and systems.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

I'm going with the stainless works 1 7/8" headers and their merge spike x pipe! And have the roush axlebacks. Also putting on the boss mani withJLT cai and dyno tune. Can't wait can't wait !
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Just throwing it out there...Correct me if I'm wrong but i was told nitrous is the best power adder because you don't have to retune. Therefore, if the motor breaks you just remove it
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #44
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnus View Post
Just throwing it out there...Correct me if I'm wrong but i was told nitrous is the best power adder because you don't have to retune. Therefore, if the motor breaks you just remove it
You was so told wrong.

Running a 50-75 wet shot you really wouldn't have to tune. But also they would know on tear down you was using nitrous. Also they would be able to tell when you spliced into certain wires.

Anything over a 75 wet shot you defiantly want to tune it. You can run up to about a 200 shot with the right tuning before you have issues.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:

You was so told wrong.

Running a 50-75 wet shot you really wouldn't have to tune. But also they would know on tear down you was using nitrous. Also they would be able to tell when you spliced into certain wires.

Anything over a 75 wet shot you defiantly want to tune it. You can run up to about a 200 shot with the right tuning before you have issues.
Well...I Still wouldn't do nitrous anyway with a new car. Some redneck mechanic was all into the juice and trying to talk me into it. I think I'm gonna wait and get the Roush 2.3 kit or Whipple kit. I think thats the best bang 4 the buck. If u buy that Roush kit will it void the powertrain warranty? It says 3 yr/36,000 but that's for the supercharger. Why does modding have to be such a pain in the a$$!
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #46
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnus View Post
Well...I Still wouldn't do nitrous anyway with a new car. Some redneck mechanic was all into the juice and trying to talk me into it. I think I'm gonna wait and get the Roush 2.3 kit or Whipple kit. I think thats the best bang 4 the buck. If u buy that Roush kit will it void the powertrain warranty? It says 3 yr/36,000 but that's for the supercharger. Why does modding have to be such a pain in the a$$!
The power train and warranty is for your car.

I ran Nitrous on my brand new G8. a 175 wet ****. No issues. I had Just have to have a good tune.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

I also have a Wet plate kit for the mustang just haven't put it on yet, Want 10's N/A first.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:53 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry for my ignorance, but wouldn't simply switching out the 3.55's or 3.73's for 4.10's significantly raise the off the line power. A friend has 4.10's and I cannot touch him in the 1/4.... I am running 3.55's because I like top end speed being in Germany and all.
M3to5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:05 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0
Sorry for my ignorance, but wouldn't simply switching out the 3.55's or 3.73's for 4.10's significantly raise the off the line power. A friend has 4.10's and I cannot touch him in the 1/4.... I am running 3.55's because I like top end speed being in Germany and all.
Yep, that's 100% true. And a lot of people mention that... I think they're just assuming it in this if they dont mention it.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:22 AM   #49
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra View Post
Yep, that's 100% true. And a lot of people mention that... I think they're just assuming it in this if they dont mention it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0 View Post
You don't actually have more power. Changing gears don't make more power. The 4.10's rev faster and keep you in the rpm's. They make you accelerate faster. Not make more power.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #50
EHP
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

TURBO.....pulls like a freight train to 6500, super streetable and a deadly sleeper you would never know its on the car sitting beside it. You can get the 67 mm kit under $6k and install it yourself if you have some mechanical experience and access to a lift, it can easily be tuned between 5-600 hp and geeked up if you desire more.....you can't get those results from a supercharger....Hellion recently did one with just a piston change only and got around 950 out of it!
EHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:

You don't actually have more power. Changing gears don't make more power. The 4.10's rev faster and keep you in the rpm's. They make you accelerate faster. Not make more power.
Well, that's what I meant...
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT