Roush off-road exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-26-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
187Pony81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 42
Roush off-road exhaust

I ordered Roush Off-road exhaust for my 2010 GT and was wondering if it is a X or H setup? Or is it true duals? Please excuse my newbness hahaha. I'm just trying to figure out what to plug into my Bama tuner
187Pony81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by 187Pony81
I ordered Roush Off-road exhaust for my 2010 GT and was wondering if it is a X or H setup? Or is it true duals? Please excuse my newbness hahaha. I'm just trying to figure out what to plug into my Bama tuner
Do u know y in some places it says it's off road & in others it doesn't. It seems the off road one is cheaper. Is there a diffrence on the off road or extreme like some places label it as
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 324
Off road usually means it has no cats.
DrSalt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSalt22
Off road usually means it has no cats.
Ya but it's a catback exhaust. It doesn't go to the catalytic converters
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:52 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Probably different mufflers
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
Probably different mufflers
The exhaust comes straight pipe with no mufflers. The descriptions from all the roush exhaust I saw are the same which is weird
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:02 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
187Pony81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 42
Roush just calls it "off road". It's essentially just connected from my x pipe I already had installed back. No mufflers and sounds amazing. Should of posted an answer to myself after I had it installed lol
187Pony81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by 187Pony81
Roush just calls it "off road". It's essentially just connected from my x pipe I already had installed back. No mufflers and sounds amazing. Should of posted an answer to myself after I had it installed lol
So there all basically the same then. It's weird because some places have it cheaper then others & there are dramatic price changes. I'm curious, where did you get your exhaust from
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
187Pony81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 42
I ordered it through my dealership. They ordered straight from the Roush website
187Pony81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by 187Pony81
I ordered it through my dealership. They ordered straight from the Roush website
For how much.
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dion11197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 829
I agree, it does sound amazing..... To answer some questions it has either 12 or 14 in resonators that are kid mounted under the car. The system sounds great and very aggressive with the stock converters. If you plan on going long tubes with high flow cats you may wanna research on YouTube to see how loud it is..... I had a few complaints in the neighborhood about it being too loud so I had to put a set of axel backs on it, haha!

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Mid mounted..... Not kid mounted...lol!
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197
I agree, it does sound amazing..... To answer some questions it has either 12 or 14 in resonators that are kid mounted under the car. The system sounds great and very aggressive with the stock converters. If you plan on going long tubes with high flow cats you may wanna research on YouTube to see how loud it is..... I had a few complaints in the neighborhood about it being too loud so I had to put a set of axel backs on it, haha!

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Mid mounted..... Not kid mounted...lol!
You only had the roush exhaust & nothing else & ur neighbors complained?!??
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:16 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dion11197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO

You only had the roush exhaust & nothing else & ur neighbors complained?!??
I had the kooks longtubes with highflow cats to! There's video on YouTube of my car and a silver one with the same set up..... It's very aggressive to say the least, lol!
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197

I had the kooks longtubes with highflow cats to! There's video on YouTube of my car and a silver one with the same set up..... It's very aggressive to say the least, lol!
Lol. I just ordered the exhaust through cj pony parts. It should be hear in 2 weeks because it's on back order :/
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dion11197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO

Lol. I just ordered the exhaust through cj pony parts. It should be hear in 2 weeks because it's on back order :/
Boo! It's a great sounding system! It's comparable to other exhausts with headers. I think you'll enjoy it!
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197

Boo! It's a great sounding system! It's comparable to other exhausts with headers. I think you'll enjoy it!
I think I will to. I get it in like 2 weeks.
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dion11197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO

I think I will to. I get it in like 2 weeks.
Nice! I know I was excited to get mine to... And super easy to install!
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197

Nice! I know I was excited to get mine to... And super easy to install!
Did u installe them yourself or did you go somewhere to get them installed? If u installed them yourself, how did u do it? The reason i ask how did you do it because I was going to pay to get them installed because muffler shops have car lifters & I don't Lol
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dion11197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO

Did u installe them yourself or did you go somewhere to get them installed? If u installed them yourself, how did u do it? The reason i ask how did you do it because I was going to pay to get them installed because muffler shops have car lifters & I don't Lol
I did install them myself..... I had access to a lift and air tools, but it can easily done with jack stands and hand tools. The stock h pipe has slip connectors with to bolts on each side..... The. Just a few bolts for the hangers in the back and since you don't have the mufflers at the rear of the system to deal with it's super easy!

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Just don't tighten everything until you make sure your tips are where you want them.... It's a little easier if you have a second person to hold them straight while you tighten everything or vise versa.
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:47 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197

I did install them myself..... I had access to a lift and air tools, but it can easily done with jack stands and hand tools. The stock h pipe has slip connectors with to bolts on each side..... The. Just a few bolts for the hangers in the back and since you don't have the mufflers at the rear of the system to deal with it's super easy!

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Just don't tighten everything until you make sure your tips are where you want them.... It's a little easier if you have a second person to hold them straight while you tighten everything or vise versa.
Ya I might try to install them myself. There's a shop here were I live that charges me 80-100 to install them. Not bad if i don't have the time to install it myself
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dion11197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 829
Yeah, that's not bad.
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:53 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197
Yeah, that's not bad.
Hey I see that you have a throttle body on your car. I am thinking on getting one but I'm stopped from doing so because reviews keep saying that it's not really a perfect fit. I also have a JLT CAI With Tune. Did you have any issues installing it?
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dion11197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 829
Not that I know of..... But I had it Installed with the ford racing upper intake and cams. The shop didn't say they had any problems.
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197
Not that I know of..... But I had it Installed with the ford racing upper intake and cams. The shop didn't say they had any problems.
How much were u charged. I think these people try installing it themselves. I trying to look for a shop here in Cali but I can't find one that looks legit
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:31 PM   #25
Blogger
Blogger
 
rickf73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 479
Send a message via MSN to rickf73 Send a message via Skype™ to rickf73
Re: Roush off-road exhaust

The reason I understand it is called "off-road" is to be legal to sell. Company's are not allowed to sell you equipment that is illegal in you state.
Some states have laws that say you can not change the exhaust system for the street. The "off-road" label gives them an out to sell parts that may not be street legal. They are selling you the part for "off road" use only.
rickf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickf73
The reason I understand it is called "off-road" is to be legal to sell. Company's are not allowed to sell you equipment that is illegal in you state.
Some states have laws that say you can not change the exhaust system for the street. The "off-road" label gives them an out to sell parts that may not be street legal. They are selling you the part for "off road" use only.
I just bought the off road one & let me tell you. I will not be using it for off road Lol
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dion11197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO

How much were u charged. I think these people try installing it themselves. I trying to look for a shop here in Cali but I can't find one that looks legit
Well for everything I was charged about 2,000.... But that included the tuner and dyno tuning before and after installation. The turner also took video of the dyno sessions before and after and posted them on YouTube. Not bad and the car drives great and still gets 25mpg highway!
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:31 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197

Well for everything I was charged about 2,000.... But that included the tuner and dyno tuning before and after installation. The turner also took video of the dyno sessions before and after and posted them on YouTube. Not bad and the car drives great and still gets 25mpg highway!
A place I was recommended to charges me $800 for installation of throttle body & dyno tune
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:46 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dion11197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 829
Hmmm..... Does that include the price of the TB?
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:51 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197
Hmmm..... Does that include the price of the TB?
Ya it does with spacer. They recommend me the gt500 throttle body. They said that's the best one for my car
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:14 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
187Pony81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO

Ya it does with spacer. They recommend me the gt500 throttle body. They said that's the best one for my car
On a 2010? I was thinking of getting one eventually too
187Pony81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dion11197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 829
Sounds like a great price to me! If I'm not mistaken the GT500 TB is around $400-500 and most shops would charge a minimum of 1hr labor for the install then another close to $200 for the dyno time.... Great deal!
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197
Sounds like a great price to me! If I'm not mistaken the GT500 TB is around $400-500 and most shops would charge a minimum of 1hr labor for the install then another close to $200 for the dyno time.... Great deal!
Would you agree that the gt500 throttle body is the best one?
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
187Pony81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO

Would you agree that the gt500 throttle body is the best one?
Sorry, we are talking about a gt500 tb on a 2010 GT yes?
187Pony81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by 187Pony81

Sorry, we are talking about a gt500 tb on a 2010 GT yes?
Yes we are
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What mods can get 350+hp? Johnstonb93 2005-2010 V6 Mustang 101 11-06-2017 12:25 PM
Off road H or X...muffler deletes SaleenV8 2011-2014 Mustang GT 1 08-30-2011 04:10 AM
Off road exhaust Jaybee General Mustang Discussion 1 08-29-2011 11:12 PM
2012 GT Roush exhaust VS SLP Loudmouth ercolanom1 Other Special Edition 5 07-21-2011 12:31 AM
Doesnt like these exhaust Blackedout Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 40 06-30-2011 09:50 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:21 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.