Borla touring axelback 2012 gt 5.0 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Borla touring axelback 2012 gt 5.0

Anyone heard these I'm thinking about ordering them.
brickcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I believe the borla website has a comparison of all three.
Dbsaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:35 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

There quality built but too quiet for me out of all the borla exhausts I think the Borla atak is the best sounding on the new 5.0's. I personally have roush axle backs Borla is over priced for me. the sound and fit and finish of the roush's are fantastic and there stainless steel construction same as the borla's. I would suggest the roush!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: Borla touring axelback 2012 gt 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickcart View Post
Anyone heard these I'm thinking about ordering them.
You will get a wide variety of opinions, regarding this topic. I personally do not care for something "loud"/ raspy. The newest Mustang has better sound insullation-than all previous models, but you will also drive with the windows down. I have had a positive experience with the Magnaflows I installed. Just the right amount of mild growl, no interior raspiness, great note. Good luck.
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Well I don't find the roush raspy at all. U said u wanted throaty and speaking of the magnaflows one of my friends has a full bolt on 5.0 and has the magna flows and he is trying to sell them so he can purchase roush since he heard my exhaust. Not that the magflo are a bad product just to me more comparable to slightly louder than stock mufflers. Its ur car though it's all in what u want
Old 09-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I'm looking for something not to loud and no raspy sound a deep sound somewhat louder than stock
Old 09-28-2011, 03:14 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Quote:
I'm looking for something not to loud and no raspy sound a deep sound somewhat louder than stock
Then just get GT500 mufflers.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Well I don't find the roush raspy at all. U said u wanted throaty and speaking of the magnaflows one of my friends has a full bolt on 5.0 and has the magna flows and he is trying to sell them so he can purchase roush since he heard my exhaust. Not that the magflo are a bad product just to me more comparable to slightly louder than stock mufflers. Its ur car though it's all in what u want
My buddy full bolts and me full bolt ons. Him magnaflow cat back. Me hushpower. He was surprised how much louder mine was then his.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

+1.

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

My buddy full bolts and me full bolt ons. Him magnaflow cat back. Me hushpower. He was surprised how much louder mine was then his.
I agree with wnt2gofst if u looking for slightly louder than stock go with the gt500's. On the other hand I agree again the magflo's are alot quieter than I thought they would be. Same situation wit me one of my buddy's that is a full bolt on has the magflo's and he is ordering some roush and selling his magflo's cuz they are not loud enough. And he liked the fit and finish of the roush also.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:

+1.. The gt500s sound great.. I have hushpower right now and I don't have a problem with them at all I really like them.. But I love the gt500s!!
Old 09-28-2011, 05:57 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Just ordered the gt 500 axelback
Old 09-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickcart
Just ordered the gt 500 axelback
Good call buddy! And good luck!!
Old 09-28-2011, 06:10 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for everyone's help!
Old 09-28-2011, 06:47 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
Thanks for everyone's help!
NP..That what we all here for. Where get them from? I ask cause the vendors here have forum discounts. 6% at AM and free shipping+

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
+1.. The gt500s sound great.. I have hushpower right now and I don't have a problem with them at all I really like them.. But I love the gt500s!!
The hushpowers will be louder. Specially once get headers and off road x. You have just axle back or whole cat back hushpower?
Old 09-28-2011, 08:17 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

NP..That what we all here for. Where get them from? I ask cause the vendors here have forum discounts. 6% at AM and free shipping+

The hushpowers will be louder. Specially once get headers and off road x. You have just axle back or whole cat back hushpower?
Not the full cat back.. O/r bbk xpipe and then the axle backs.. The gt500s sound amazing with the o/r x.. But the hushpowers sound pretty good too.. A lot better than roush in IMO..
Old 09-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Ordered from AM
Old 09-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT

Not the full cat back.. O/r bbk xpipe and then the axle backs.. The gt500s sound amazing with the o/r x.. But the hushpowers sound pretty good too.. A lot better than roush in IMO..
When I have the LT's and o/r xpipe with the roush axlebacks all in order I will be posting vid for everybody's viewing pleasure like it or not I love loud musclecars hopefully everyone likes the sound too. But everyone is entitled to there opinion.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

When I have the LT's and o/r xpipe with the roush axlebacks all in order I will be posting vid for everybody's viewing pleasure like it or not I love loud musclecars hopefully everyone likes the sound too. But everyone is entitled to there opinion.
Ya that's just my opinion.. Heard all of them in person.. Majority of y'all love the roush but it's just not for me.. Lil higher pitched than I like.. I like the deep sound.. The roush sound a lil bit like a glass pack or turbo muffler TO ME.. And this is a redneck town and I hate glass packs lol.. But still looking forward to your vid... That's why we all got stangs to make them our own!!

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

I'll also say this.. There's not an exhaust out out there for these 5.0s that doesn't sound good.. It's all really personal preference and just some that I like MORE than others.. The roush doesn't sound bad at all I just like the hushpower and gt500s MORE.. Lol
Old 09-29-2011, 04:55 AM   #19
Road Trip!

Quote:
Ya I had a friend take his Roush off and put GT500 on with his off road X pipe. Car sounded a lot better. Was really perfect set up.

He mentioned it was to raspy and had some drone with the X pipe and the Roush. That was what made me stay away from them.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:04 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

What does the x pipe do
Old 09-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #21
Road Trip!

Quote:
What does the x pipe do
Running an off road x pipe gets rid of the cats. Gains 15-20whp.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:25 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Do u need tune or will it so any check engine lights
Old 09-29-2011, 12:52 PM   #23
Road Trip!

Quote:
Do u need tune or will it so any check engine lights
For an off road x you will need a tune.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I have the bassani x pipe back system on mine and I love it not raspy at all very very happy with it
SSC182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I'm a little unsure if I should do a tune I don't want any problems
Old 09-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #26
Road Trip!

Quote:
I'm a little unsure if I should do a tune I don't want any problems
Problems? What mean?

Go with some where that is known to have good tunes. Be it BBR/EVO/LETHAL/BAMA. All there tunes are really on the safe side. Some are better then other ones yes. But all are safe.

If worried about warranty work. Well a cat back and some suspension work will be all you want to do really.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:06 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Most dealers will not give u any problems with ur warranty unless ur mods are causing a big problem.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:12 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

All depends on the dealership and if you know someone down at the dealership.. Some won't let you do anything other than exhaust maybe.. Some will let you get away w about anything..
Old 09-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #29
Road Trip!

Quote:
All depends on the dealership and if you know someone down at the dealership.. Some won't let you do anything other than exhaust maybe.. Some will let you get away w about anything..
Be aware of this TSP. Ford released it. Any engine issue and crap and they see have tune you are screwed. It is no longer up to the dealer as they report to corporate. GM is having the same issue.

WWW.S197FORUM.COM

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Basically ford is going to denie any warranty work once they see a tune. It has happened to more then a few people. Simple stuff and dealer started job and then corporate told them nope. All engine work as well.

As mentioned Gm is doing the same thing now for all the issues they have had with lifters failing.

Also this is referred to as the BAMA TSP.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Some dealers like mine was cool at first till that came out. Now they are very hesitant to do stuff on modded cars.

they do the work and it gets denied by higher they have to eat it if they didn't charge you and you got your car back. Plus any major issues they are sending engineers out now. And also scanning PCM's.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Be aware of this TSP. Ford released it. Any engine issue and crap and they see have tune you are screwed. It is no longer up to the dealer as they report to corporate. GM is having the same issue.

WWW.S197FORUM.COM

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Basically ford is going to denie any warranty work once they see a tune. It has happened to more then a few people. Simple stuff and dealer started job and then corporate told them nope. All engine work as well.

As mentioned Gm is doing the same thing now for all the issues they have had with lifters failing.

Also this is referred to as the BAMA TSP.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Some dealers like mine was cool at first till that came out. Now they are very hesitant to do stuff on modded cars.

they do the work and it gets denied by higher they have to eat it if they didn't charge you and you got your car back. Plus any major issues they are sending engineers out now. And also scanning PCM's.
Ya I've heard this.. I was told as long as I don't break into the motor or do anything serious like a s/c.. That's why I'm waitin on headers, cams, etc.. Another dealership bout an hour from here told my friend same thing w his 5.0.. May bite me in the *** later but hope not!!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:17 AM   #31
Road Trip!

Quote:
Ya I've heard this.. I was told as long as I don't break into the motor or do anything serious like a s/c.. That's why I'm waitin on headers, cams, etc.. Another dealership bout an hour from here told my friend same thing w his 5.0.. May bite me in the *** later but hope not!!
As mentioned every dealer is different. And any time you mod you shoudl know there is that risk if them voiding warranty. Specially with TSP's out like this. Seen to many people get denied already just cause had tune.

Before this as stated. I had no issue with my dealer. They tend to still agree with me no exhaust or cold air should take out a engine. Or anything like that. A tune on the other hand could. To lean or to fat.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:32 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
As mentioned every dealer is different. And any time you mod you shoudl know there is that risk if them voiding warranty. Specially with TSP's out like this. Seen to many people get denied already just cause had tune.

Before this as stated. I had no issue with my dealer. They tend to still agree with me no exhaust or cold air should take out a engine. Or anything like that. A tune on the other hand could. To lean or to fat.
Yeppers!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeppers!
Sometimes u have to pay to play! Hopefully not the case for anyone. If I have any major issues i'll just put back all the stock parts and reload the stock tune and BAM! Instant warranty!lol!
Old 10-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

Sometimes u have to pay to play! Hopefully not the case for anyone. If I have any major issues i'll just put back all the stock parts and reload the stock tune and BAM! Instant warranty!lol!
Except they can tell you have tuned your vehicle...
Old 10-05-2011, 08:15 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Except they can tell you have tuned your vehicle...
Really I didn't know that. Well guess that's the price u pay to have a modded ride

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2012 gt