Not sure what SC. Here. This will help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Not sure what SC. Here. This will help

YOu want boost not sure what way to go. Let this help. If starting over I would defiantly go this route. Less tress on the engine. And it will make more power in the long run.

JPC has made over 800whp with a single front mount 76mm.
Here is the base set up on 6psi 600whp+ ran 10s. Everything else stock.

Hellion has two front mount kits. Think other is also a 76mm
67mm base kit..This kit has also went 10's.

Fastlanes turbo set up. 14psi..stock car besides turbo and wheels 10.4..still plenty left on the table
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: Not sure what SC. Here. This will help

Great vids!
There is no denying the power capabilities of a turbocharger.
I just wish they were not so darned expensive.

I know you can put together your own setup for a lot less money, but the systems configured and tuned by the experts will always be better and produce more HP.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #3
Road Trip!

They are kinda expensive. But well worth it really. They run same price though as a KB or whipple setup. And will make more power as well. Just look 6psi and over 600whp. For a SC to do that they are going 10psi. plus other bolt ons such as headers and big cold air and TB's.

My next car I will do a turbo set up. I think I am about done with this one. It will most likely stay N/A. Only thing might consider is swapping to a auto. And that would be 2-3yrs down the road. Also maybe a detriot locker for the rear end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
They are kinda expensive. But well worth it really. They run same price though as a KB or whipple setup. And will make more power as well. Just look 6psi and over 600whp. For a SC to do that they are going 10psi. plus other bolt ons such as headers and big cold air and TB's.

My next car I will do a turbo set up. I think I am about done with this one. It will most likely stay N/A. Only thing might consider is swapping to a auto. And that would be 2-3yrs down the road. Also maybe a detriot locker for the rear end.
Yeah, I guess for the newer Mustangs the price is close to the same.
Sorry, I always think in terms of what I own which is a Fox Body.

I prefer the 5-6 speed over the autos for the simple reason I've never had one that held up for very long after I started modding and hotrodding the vehicle they were in.

You will like the Detroit Locker's strength as there are no clutches to wear out and it is all gear drive. However in case you don't know they do make clicking noises when you turn a corner and you are not under power.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:05 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse View Post
Yeah, I guess for the newer Mustangs the price is close to the same.
Sorry, I always think in terms of what I own which is a Fox Body.

I prefer the 5-6 speed over the autos for the simple reason I've never had one that held up for very long after I started modding and hotrodding the vehicle they were in.

You will like the Detroit Locker's strength as there are no clutches to wear out and it is all gear drive. However in case you don't know they do make clicking noises when you turn a corner and you are not under power.
YA I am tracking about Lockers. If I get real serious and decide to turn it into a track only car then I will go with a spool.

I have a buddy that has a 86 LX notch back. It is turbo'd also. 347 stroker in it along with the turbo's. That thing is super superfast on the street and at the track. He is doing some more work. Car has ran mid 10's but has a lot left in it. He wants 9's out of it.

The new auto's are the stronger ones out of the new mustangs. They have handled way more power with no issues. Also on stock tranny. No upgrades like us manual guys doing clutches.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
YA I am tracking about Lockers. If I get real serious and decide to turn it into a track only car then I will go with a spool.

I have a buddy that has a 86 LX notch back. It is turbo'd also. 347 stroker in it along with the turbo's. That thing is super superfast on the street and at the track. He is doing some more work. Car has ran mid 10's but has a lot left in it. He wants 9's out of it.

The new auto's are the stronger ones out of the new mustangs. They have handled way more power with no issues. Also on stock tranny. No upgrades like us manual guys doing clutches.

On your track only car.
If you are talking about any track with turns in it you won't want a spool. They are for straight line drag racing only. Very dangerous to corner with because both rear wheels are "locked" together permanently which means the inside tire will be spinning when you corner and the likelihood of losing traction on your only remaining tire is very high.
A few years back a neighboring community had a young man get killed running a spool in his street car. He lost traction in the rear wheels on a corner and wrecked.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:53 AM   #7
Road Trip!

Quote:
On your track only car.
If you are talking about any track with turns in it you won't want a spool. They are for straight line drag racing only. Very dangerous to corner with because both rear wheels are "locked" together permanently which means the inside tire will be spinning when you corner and the likelihood of losing traction on your only remaining tire is very high.
A few years back a neighboring community had a young man get killed running a spool in his street car. He lost traction in the rear wheels on a corner and wrecked.
Ya I am tracking what a spool does. And I say track I am talking about drag racing. If i want to take corners fast I will buy another sport bike.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
On your track only car.
Helpful information, Sir. As for the turbo videos-bada$$
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT