JLT CAI with Tune Help!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
JLT CAI with Tune Help!!

About 3 weeks ago I installed my JLT CAI with a tuner. As i was driving earlier today, my power steering was making sounds & I come to realize that it's giving out. Could this be because the installation instructions told me to move my power steering from where it originally was? I'm going to go back stock today & take it to the dealership tomorrow. Any advice if I go back to stock on tuner can they still trace it? Will they even go that far considering that it's only power steering and not my engine? Help!!

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO
About 3 weeks ago I installed my JLT CAI with a tuner. As i was driving earlier today, my power steering was making sounds & I come to realize that it's giving out. Could this be because the installation instructions told me to move my power steering from where it originally was? I'm going to go back stock today & take it to the dealership tomorrow. Any advice if I go back to stock on tuner can they still trace it? Will they even go that far considering that it's only power steering and not my engine? Help!!
I have a 2010 Mustang GT I'n case you guys are wondering
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 26
Re: JLT CAI with Tune Help!!

LMNO;

I would take it straight to the dealer ASAP!!! I'm not sure why the instructions would require you to "tamper" with the powersteering, but this is NOT something to play with...

My 34 cents...

Ben
Benjammin1829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjammin1829
LMNO;

I would take it straight to the dealer ASAP!!! I'm not sure why the instructions would require you to "tamper" with the powersteering, but this is NOT something to play with...

My 34 cents...

Ben
It tells me to move it on top of the fan because if I leave it where it is, the CAI won't fit. It's to big
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: JLT CAI with Tune Help!!

PICS!
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
PICS!
Do u want pics of the installation guide or setup?
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:07 PM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: JLT CAI with Tune Help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO View Post
Do u want pics of the installation guide or setup?
I want to see what they had you move. SO can see why.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
I want to see what they had you move. SO can see why.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3310005031.png
Views:	150
Size:	846.1 KB
ID:	32458   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2021703738.png
Views:	153
Size:	827.3 KB
ID:	32459  

phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
The first photo is how my power steering cable is bent. It was way bent b4 I hope it doesn't act up again. The second photo is me moving the power steering tank on top of the fan. That's where the instructions say to put it at. I didn't cut the cable like other ppl have told me. I'll do it if it acts up again
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
cai

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
roush cai vs jlt/steeda cai godsdisciple85 General Mustang Discussion 0 09-20-2011 09:34 AM
91H tune load DannyDoright 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 5 09-16-2011 10:16 PM
Jon Lund 93 Octane Aggressive Cam'd Tune Msoler 2011-2014 Mustang GT 7 09-07-2011 11:30 AM
What a difference a tune makes drivinglesson 2011-2014 Mustang GT 27 08-22-2011 03:59 PM
New jlt carbon fiber cai/ sct tuner (bama tuned) coming tomorrow i cannot wait...lol godsdisciple85 2011-2014 Mustang GT 4 06-28-2011 05:00 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:22 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.