What should be done so my 2010 Mustang GT could beat 2010 Camaro SS - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
If you were to do a full on exhaust (LT headers, off road mid pipe, and cat-back), CAI, pulleys, gears, and a custom tune... You should be right there with the 2010 SS...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-22-2011, 05:42 PM   #37
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: What should be done so my 2010 Mustang GT could beat 2010 Camaro SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197 View Post
I've seen some get taken at the dragstrip but the driver made all the difference...... On the road coarse is a different story though, the track pack comes in just ahead of the SS even with the power difference.
No sorry you are wrong. Even on a road course the SS out does the 2010 GT with track pack. Look it up for your self.

Track Pack or not. The SS is faster then a 2010 mustang. Its facts. Live in your dream world of it not being slower. But if it wasn't slower there would have been no reason to come out with a 5.0 that makes 100 more hp to be faster and compete.



---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by merv43 View Post
I agree, the numbers don't lie. A lot just depends on the driver and his or her abilities. When you look at it they are close enough that the driver can make a difference. No question the Camero has more hp and is quicker by a small margin.
By a small margin? Really. The SS has been a full second faster then the 2010 GT. That is facts. That is a lot in a drag race. A small margin would be like .1-.2.

Driver does help. But equal drivers the Camaro wins 10 out of 10 times.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
No sorry you are wrong. Even on a road course the SS out does the 2010 GT with track pack. Look it up for your self.

Track Pack or not. The SS is faster then a 2010 mustang. Its facts. Live in your dream world of it not being slower. But if it wasn't slower there would have been no reason to come out with a 5.0 that makes 100 more hp to be faster and compete.

<a href="
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-22-2011, 06:01 PM   #39
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

They are the same car. No changes. SO how the hell have no issues with one then the others you don't?

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------



I am sorry but you need to come back to reality. Your car is not faster then a Camaro SS. Weight advantage you have slightly. Not by much. Look it up. Not to mention the gear advantage isn't much either. You have 3.73's. If it is a manual SS they have 3.45's. They also have 110hp and 120tq more. Facts are fcats. They run anywhere from mid 12's to high 12's. BONE STOCK. Your 2010 GT runs mid 13's to high 13's if you are a good.

I hate when people are just nut swingers. Oh I have a mustang/camaro blah blah I win cause it is best bull****.

If you beat one or two yeah happy for you. BUt it will not happen often. You raced a person that could not drive there car or wasn't actually racing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
No sorry you are wrong. Even on a road course the SS out does the 2010 GT with track pack. Look it up for your self.

Track Pack or not. The SS is faster then a 2010 mustang. Its facts. Live in your dream world of it not being slower. But if it wasn't slower there would have been no reason to come out with a 5.0 that makes 100 more hp to be faster and compete.

<a href="
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #40
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: What should be done so my 2010 Mustang GT could beat 2010 Camaro SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO View Post
How do you know if your car has the track pack. I have a 2010 Mustang GT Premium. It includes Leather Seats
Do you have 3.73's? For starters.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
Do you have 3.73's? For starters.
I'm not sure to be honest. When I bought it they didn't tell me anything like that. That's y I'm asking is there a way I can tell Lol
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:41 PM   #42
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: What should be done so my 2010 Mustang GT could beat 2010 Camaro SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO View Post
I'm not sure to be honest. When I bought it they didn't tell me anything like that. That's y I'm asking is there a way I can tell Lol
Did you buy it new? Also look on your rear diff it should have a sticker telling you. Being it is a few yrs old you might not be able to read it.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Did you buy it new? Also look on your rear diff it should have a sticker telling you. Being it is a few yrs old you might not be able to read it.
I did buy it new. It's a 2010. Are your talking about the sticker on the driver door side?
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:02 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dion11197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO

How do you know if your car has the track pack. I have a 2010 Mustang GT Premium. It includes Leather Seats
It'll have the strut tower brace from ford.
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:12 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197

It'll have the strut tower brace from ford.
No mine doesn't have it :/
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
187Pony81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197

It'll have the strut tower brace from ford.
I bought my 2010 GT premium a few months back....leather seat etc....I have been wondering the same thing. It does have the strut tower brace installed on it. That means I have 3.73s?
187Pony81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #47
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: What should be done so my 2010 Mustang GT could beat 2010 Camaro SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 187Pony81 View Post
I bought my 2010 GT premium a few months back....leather seat etc....I have been wondering the same thing. It does have the strut tower brace installed on it. That means I have 3.73s?
No it does not.


Go to the ford dealer give them the vin have have them look at its options.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
187Pony81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

No it does not.

Go to the ford dealer give them the vin have have them look at its options.
Will do. I know it has the 19 inch Pirelli tired on it and that was installed on the track pack but yea I'll take them the vin
187Pony81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:43 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by 187Pony81

Will do. I know it has the 19 inch Pirelli tired on it and that was installed on the track pack but yea I'll take them the vin
I have 19inch rims on mine
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
187Pony81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO

I have 19inch rims on mine
Yea. I bought this thing used and they were pretty vague on what was on it. It already had short headers and an x pipe installed.
187Pony81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:47 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by 187Pony81

Yea. I bought this thing used and they were pretty vague on what was on it. It already had short headers and an x pipe installed.
Idk if u can see the rims good enough but those are the stock ones. They came with the GT Premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2653421841.png
Views:	72
Size:	832.4 KB
ID:	33441  
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dion11197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO

I did buy it new. It's a 2010. Are your talking about the sticker on the driver door side?
He's referring to the tag that should be on your differential. It'll have a sequence of numbers and should say 373 or whatever the gear is. The track pack should also have 19in wheels and the factory strut tower brace.
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:03 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
187Pony81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197

He's referring to the tag that should be on your differential. It'll have a sequence of numbers and should say 373 or whatever the gear is. The track pack should also have 19in wheels and the factory strut tower brace.
Sad face

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-803225724.png
Views:	138
Size:	789.2 KB
ID:	33443
187Pony81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by 187Pony81

Sad face
I'm still trying to figure out where that sticker is at haha. Sorry about being lost
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dion11197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 829
Re: What should be done so my 2010 Mustang GT could beat 2010 Camaro SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
No sorry you are wrong. Even on a road course the SS out does the 2010 GT with track pack. Look it up for your self.

Track Pack or not. The SS is faster then a 2010 mustang. Its facts. Live in your dream world of it not being slower. But if it wasn't slower there would have been no reason to come out with a 5.0 that makes 100 more hp to be faster and compete.



---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------



By a small margin? Really. The SS has been a full second faster then the 2010 GT. That is facts. That is a lot in a drag race. A small margin would be like .1-.2.

Driver does help. But equal drivers the Camaro wins 10 out of 10 times.
Sorry, no dream world..... I know mine is faster than a stock SS but I've got some work done to it, LOL!

here's a link to check out.... 2010 Camaro SS vs 2010 Mustang GT (real race) - YouTube
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
187Pony81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO

I'm still trying to figure out where that sticker is at haha. Sorry about being lost
Right on your differential cap
187Pony81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:30 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dion11197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 829
Re: What should be done so my 2010 Mustang GT could beat 2010 Camaro SS

Thanks for the reference pic Pony81! Haha!

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
No sorry you are wrong. Even on a road course the SS out does the 2010 GT with track pack. Look it up for your self.

Track Pack or not. The SS is faster then a 2010 mustang. Its facts. Live in your dream world of it not being slower. But if it wasn't slower there would have been no reason to come out with a 5.0 that makes 100 more hp to be faster and compete.

<a href="
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:03 PM   #58
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: What should be done so my 2010 Mustang GT could beat 2010 Camaro SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197 View Post
Sorry, no dream world..... I know mine is faster than a stock SS but I've got some work done to it, LOL!

here's a link to check out.... 2010 Camaro SS vs 2010 Mustang GT (real race) - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197 View Post
Thanks for the reference pic Pony81! Haha!

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------



I agree that the SS is faster..... No question about it, have I seen a GT with a great driver take a SS with a crap driver... Absolutely! I totally agree though.... Two even drivers and the SS wins hands down! I think wnt2gofst misunderstood what I was saying.
I understand what you are saying. But you said it was faster. The track pack is faster on a road course. WHich is BS. Hence why I said a SS is faster. Getting lucky one time at a track or on the street happens. But people say on I beat a SS in my stock 2010 GT and all sudden every ****** is running around think he can beat them. I know I am on several mustang forums and Gm forums from when I had my G8. Which is bad my 4dr 4000lb Family sedan when bone stock crushed stock 2010 GT's. I added bolt ons to it and handed bolt on 05-2010 there butts. Facts are facts. The 2010 and prior mustangs was junk. Slow and only reason people bought them was cause nothing else was out there besides a over priced challenger. BUt that over priced challenger SRT8 would hand a GT its butt as well.

My example.I Beat a crap driver in a Z06 at the track with cold air/tune/gears/tires in my 5.0. I ran 11.8 to his 12.4. I trapped 114 he trapped 124. But I am not bragging that I am faster. I know I got lucky. Point blank. Fact is a great driver in each and the Z06 would beat even a bolt on 5.0 10/10 times. They have ran high 10's bone stock. And this is the car I want to out run. Screw a camaro SS. I want bigger fish in the sea. Z06/ZR1/Vipers/GTR's. Hence why I said screw it and I am putting a supercharger on my car. I have a lot better chance of beating them. If they are stock they are toast.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197 View Post
Sorry, no dream world..... I know mine is faster than a stock SS but I've got some work done to it, LOL!

here's a link to check out.... 2010 Camaro SS vs 2010 Mustang GT (real race) - YouTube
Also what is done to your car? short of a poweradder or least full bolt ons I still put my money on the SS with equal drivers.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #59
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: What should be done so my 2010 Mustang GT could beat 2010 Camaro SS

I'm gonna have to agree,the 2010s are a Joke IMO. They are no different than the 05-09. After a 05 & a 07 it was either a Termi or a 5.0 and I went 5.0 because of the overall package. Camaro SS and Charger SRT8 will spank the 05-10 GTs with bolt ons.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:18 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
187Pony81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 42
Um....my 2010 is awesome so whatever lol
187Pony81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:49 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
tylerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by 187Pony81
Um....my 2010 is awesome so whatever lol
+1
tylerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:29 AM   #62
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: What should be done so my 2010 Mustang GT could beat 2010 Camaro SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 187Pony81 View Post
Um....my 2010 is awesome so whatever lol
LOL..

You know what sucks is the guys that upgraded there 05-09 to a 2010. Then just to get kicked in the face with a 2011 5.0 upgrade being released.

When I got rid of G8 if the mustang would have been a 4.6 still I would have bought a Camaro SS or a used 06/07 Z06. BUt they came out with the 5.0. WHich worked out great. Slightly faster then the SS and new not used like the Z06 I would have had to get.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:47 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Hey my 2004 Mustang GT is awesome it will rape any thing out there!!!... That's a simple fact!!!... In my dreams!... Hahahaha. No really!.. This one time I even out ran a SR-71!!... Hahahahahaha.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 26
Re: What should be done so my 2010 Mustang GT could beat 2010 Camaro SS

I like my 2010 GT Premium with the track pack and other cool options! However,when I purchased the car in May of 09, there was a rumble of the 5.0's coming out but in my area, no one was for sure, so I got the 10.(I have always liked Mustangs) I have all of the basic bolt on's, and I really like the car. As far as "out running" Camaros, (SS) I do feel like I got a "inferior" car due to the HP and torque limitations.

HOWEVER, because this "hobby" is so wide open, it's fun knowing that I can add a supercharger, and a few other bolt ons and make it as fast as I can handle...

I think it's also fun to discuss this "hobby" in a forum such as this without the worry of being "slammed" if you think you 2010 GT is faster than a 2010 or later Camaro! If you think your car is faster, then cool, it's faster, (just come back and report the truth to the guy/gals here in the forum when you get your butt handed to you LOL) move on...

All in all, I have learned alot from the folks in this forum, and look forward to all of the discussions!

Thanks,

Ben
Benjammin1829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:46 AM   #65
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjammin1829
I like my 2010 GT Premium with the track pack and other cool options! However,when I purchased the car in May of 09, there was a rumble of the 5.0's coming out but in my area, no one was for sure, so I got the 10.(I have always liked Mustangs) I have all of the basic bolt on's, and I really like the car. As far as "out running" Camaros, (SS) I do feel like I got a "inferior" car due to the HP and torque limitations.

HOWEVER, because this "hobby" is so wide open, it's fun knowing that I can add a supercharger, and a few other bolt ons and make it as fast as I can handle...

I think it's also fun to discuss this "hobby" in a forum such as this without the worry of being "slammed" if you think you 2010 GT is faster than a 2010 or later Camaro! If you think your car is faster, then cool, it's faster, (just come back and report the truth to the guy/gals here in the forum when you get your butt handed to you LOL) move on...

All in all, I have learned alot from the folks in this forum, and look forward to all of the discussions!

Thanks,

Ben
Some people can't let any one enjoy their hobby, they can't help it man. It's that I have to be better at everything syndrome, like the kids in school who had to run the fastest throw the hardest that kind of thing.. Let it roll off and enjoy your ride. You know what it will or won't do and that's all that matters.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Oh, and all of this is way off the original topic.. Didn't see any posts about what to actually do to a 2010 GT to outrun a 2010SS..
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:11 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Re: What should be done so my 2010 Mustang GT could beat 2010 Camaro SS

Drop in a Supercharged Crate Motor BOSS 302 with forged internals and about 15lbs of boost!!...

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

That's what I would do if I had the cash!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:18 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 26
Re: What should be done so my 2010 Mustang GT could beat 2010 Camaro SS

DeadSpot/Eturner;

I agree with both of your assessments! LOL As for my 2010 GT "outrunning" a Camaro, If I keep this car, I'm dropping a Roush M90 in it! LMAO!!!!

Ben
Benjammin1829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:47 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjammin1829
DeadSpot/Eturner;

I agree with both of your assessments! LOL As for my 2010 GT "outrunning" a Camaro, If I keep this car, I'm dropping a Roush M90 in it! LMAO!!!!

Ben
Ya Roush is a good choice too!.. But why not make it unique and put a turbine motor in there??... LMAO
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:19 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 26
Re: What should be done so my 2010 Mustang GT could beat 2010 Camaro SS

Turbine???? Not a bad idea! LMAO!!!!
Benjammin1829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:14 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dion11197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Ya Roush is a good choice too!.. But why not make it unique and put a turbine motor in there??... LMAO
LMAO!!! great idea!

---------- Post added at 06:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

Some people can't let any one enjoy their hobby, they can't help it man. It's that I have to be better at everything syndrome, like the kids in school who had to run the fastest throw the hardest that kind of thing.. Let it roll off and enjoy your ride. You know what it will or won't do and that's all that matters.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Oh, and all of this is way off the original topic.. Didn't see any posts about what to actually do to a 2010 GT to outrun a 2010SS..
Yeah, somehow it turned into a pre 2011 bash and pissing contest, lol!
Personally I like bolt ons with a roush TVS 2300 supercharger or procharger with a D1 upgrade. I've seen stock 4.6's put down over 500rwhp with just the addition of the roush TVS supercharger. It's an evil mod!

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

I understand what you are saying. But you said it was faster. The track pack is faster on a road course. WHich is BS. Hence why I said a SS is faster. Getting lucky one time at a track or on the street happens. But people say on I beat a SS in my stock 2010 GT and all sudden every ****** is running around think he can beat them. I know I am on several mustang forums and Gm forums from when I had my G8. Which is bad my 4dr 4000lb Family sedan when bone stock crushed stock 2010 GT's. I added bolt ons to it and handed bolt on 05-2010 there butts. Facts are facts. The 2010 and prior mustangs was junk. Slow and only reason people bought them was cause nothing else was out there besides a over priced challenger. BUt that over priced challenger SRT8 would hand a GT its butt as well.

My example.I Beat a crap driver in a Z06 at the track with cold air/tune/gears/tires in my 5.0. I ran 11.8 to his 12.4. I trapped 114 he trapped 124. But I am not bragging that I am faster. I know I got lucky. Point blank. Fact is a great driver in each and the Z06 would beat even a bolt on 5.0 10/10 times. They have ran high 10's bone stock. And this is the car I want to out run. Screw a camaro SS. I want bigger fish in the sea. Z06/ZR1/Vipers/GTR's. Hence why I said screw it and I am putting a supercharger on my car. I have a lot better chance of beating them. If they are stock they are toast.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------



Also what is done to your car? short of a poweradder or least full bolt ons I still put my money on the SS with equal drivers.
Sorry, meant mine is faster..... I've got heads, cams, intake, cold air, injectors, long tubes with catted x and full cat back system..... Waiting on a procharger.

---------- Post added at 06:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

I understand what you are saying. But you said it was faster. The track pack is faster on a road course. WHich is BS. Hence why I said a SS is faster. Getting lucky one time at a track or on the street happens. But people say on I beat a SS in my stock 2010 GT and all sudden every ****** is running around think he can beat them. I know I am on several mustang forums and Gm forums from when I had my G8. Which is bad my 4dr 4000lb Family sedan when bone stock crushed stock 2010 GT's. I added bolt ons to it and handed bolt on 05-2010 there butts. Facts are facts. The 2010 and prior mustangs was junk. Slow and only reason people bought them was cause nothing else was out there besides a over priced challenger. BUt that over priced challenger SRT8 would hand a GT its butt as well.

My example.I Beat a crap driver in a Z06 at the track with cold air/tune/gears/tires in my 5.0. I ran 11.8 to his 12.4. I trapped 114 he trapped 124. But I am not bragging that I am faster. I know I got lucky. Point blank. Fact is a great driver in each and the Z06 would beat even a bolt on 5.0 10/10 times. They have ran high 10's bone stock. And this is the car I want to out run. Screw a camaro SS. I want bigger fish in the sea. Z06/ZR1/Vipers/GTR's. Hence why I said screw it and I am putting a supercharger on my car. I have a lot better chance of beating them. If they are stock they are toast.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------



Also what is done to your car? short of a poweradder or least full bolt ons I still put my money on the SS with equal drivers.
Sorry, meant mine is faster. I've got heads, cams, intake, cold air, bigger injectors, log tubes with catted x and full cat back. Waiting for the money for a procharger.
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2010 mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What mods can get 350+hp? Johnstonb93 2005-2010 V6 Mustang 101 11-06-2017 12:25 PM
1969 Mustang Coupe Restoration Project yellow99 Classic Mustangs 5 10-15-2011 11:05 AM
1995 Mustang SVT Cobra Project yellow99 1979-1995 Mustang GT 0 09-03-2011 06:51 PM
1971 Mustang Fastback Project yellow99 Classic Mustangs 0 09-03-2011 06:49 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:47 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.