Cai and tune - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Re: Cai and tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
When it comes down to it I m going to custom the interior so I don't think the challenger will impress me but for thoughs that like them I'm not hateing. Really I think their good looking car just not for me. No stock chally will come close to me when I'm done with my work on my car! Lol
My thought exactly. Once I am done it will take some power to beat me. I want enough I can hand Z06's there *** at the track or on the street. And I should be about there. LOL.

As far as interior. If I wanted luxury I would have bought a Caddy. LOL. If I could have afforded a CTS-V I would have bought one...LOL.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I cant afford a $50k "toy" so I bought a $27k mustang which I think is by far the best muscle for the money and will make it into what I like over time. Challengers are great looking and that's a big motor but I just cant justify the price. This horsepower war we are in is only gonna help everyone no matter which car u like.
Dbsaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #38
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbsaints View Post
I cant afford a $50k "toy" so I bought a $27k mustang which I think is by far the best muscle for the money and will make it into what I like over time. Challengers are great looking and that's a big motor but I just cant justify the price. This horsepower war we are in is only gonna help everyone no matter which car u like.
I could have bought a new GT500. But I wouldn't been able to afford mods..LOL

And I am happy I picked the 5.0 over it. WIth about 37k invest in the car I have handed a few GT500's there ***.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbsaints View Post
I could have bought a new GT500. But I wouldn't been able to afford mods..LOL

And I am happy I picked the 5.0 over it. WIth about 37k invest in the car I have handed a few GT500's there ***.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

My thought exactly. Once I am done it will take some power to beat me. I want enough I can hand Z06's there *** at the track or on the street. And I should be about there. LOL.

As far as interior. If I wanted luxury I would have bought a Caddy. LOL. If I could have afforded a CTS-V I would have bought one...LOL.
That's one car I can say I wish I owned!! I test drove a two door couple with my dad. All I can say is Serious power and and luxury to the gills. I definitely agree if I could afford one I would have one!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:15 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:

Agree good sense of security. But of the cars that have claimed #8 issues they all mention of having a Bama tune. 1 guy came forward said he had a Lund tune in his car for a month but before that he had a Bama for about 4 months and a BBR for a month. So with him hard to say who did the damage. The TSP has been nicknamed BAMA for teh warranty issue with tunes and crap. They have also been busted out on forums that they are on for stealing files and trying to make there own. As such the ghost cam tunes. Which they never released cause they never figured them out.

Even then would you really want to put a tune with so much controversy around them in your car and take the chance? I know I wouldn't. Also when putting the tune in why not put the best one from the go. SHow me a BAma tuned car running as good as the cars tuned by others like Evp/Lethal/BBR/Livernois. There own AM car doesn't.
That's the great thing.. if your #8 drops due to their tune then your covered.. With ford warranty issues this TO ME feels the SAFEST way to get more power and do my bolt ons.. I'm not saying the others don't make more power or arent just straight up better.. But if I'm the one guy that has an EVO(for example) tune and my #8 drops I'm effed lol.. This way I have no worries about it.. I don't have to have the BEST time out there.. As long as I'm tearin up vettes, camaros, and chargers I'm good lol
Old 10-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #41
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
That's the great thing.. if your #8 drops due to their tune then your covered.. With ford warranty issues this TO ME feels the SAFEST way to get more power and do my bolt ons.. I'm not saying the others don't make more power or arent just straight up better.. But if I'm the one guy that has an EVO(for example) tune and my #8 drops I'm effed lol.. This way I have no worries about it.. I don't have to have the BEST time out there.. As long as I'm tearin up vettes, camaros, and chargers I'm good lol
I will agree it is nice that they stepped up and offer a warranty now. Even if there tunes are not the best or what not. But then again every one claims there tunes are the best. And you will never really know who's is best as every dyno reads different. Every car will react a little different.

If you want to be on the safe side and still gain with a tune go with Bama. You want a more aggressive tune go with EVO/Lethal/Livernois.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:08 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:

I will agree it is nice that they stepped up and offer a warranty now. Even if there tunes are not the best or what not. But then again every one claims there tunes are the best. And you will never really know who's is best as every dyno reads different. Every car will react a little different.

If you want to be on the safe side and still gain with a tune go with Bama. You want a more aggressive tune go with EVO/Lethal/Livernois.
Yes it is.. If it weren't for the bama warranty I would go with EVO or lethal.. After I get all my mods I'll prolly suck it up and go with one of them..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
cai