Cai and tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
bigsmitty24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 225
Cai and tune

Any recommendations for Cai and tune. My 2012 5.0 is a daily driver that I'm tryin to get a little more power from. No mods yet but by 1st if the year will have axle backs and maybe h-pipe. Not tryin to go crazy but do want a little more get up. How hard is the tune to do for a novice?
bigsmitty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-07-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kpd3014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Texas
Posts: 728
Number one question I suppose is do you care about your warranty?
__________________
2012 GT500 PP, NAV, SSW exhaust, BMR lowering springs
Kpd3014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
bigsmitty24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 225
Re: Cai and tune

I heard that as long as I reset it back to factory settings and drive 50 miles or so it wouldn't void the warranty.
bigsmitty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-07-2011, 09:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 151
That's how it used to be but some are claiming that they can now tell. It used to be that it looked no different then disconnecting the battery. Just a "blank period". If that's the case then ford would need new/updated equipment or software. I don't know for sure how it is today but I don't know anyone personally that has been caught reflashing back to stock. So use at ur own risk but I will say that a good tune is easily the best mod for the money.
Dbsaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
bigsmitty24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 225
Re: Cai and tune

Well u have sure given me something to think about. I gotta wait til the first of the year anyways so I will check back then and see if anyone has been caught flashing back to stock. I don't wanna lose my warranty. Thanks for all the help.
bigsmitty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #6
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Cai and tune

You wont regret the CAI and tune but like you said,take some time and think about your warranty.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 69
Also remember that they won't void your warranty for just having a CAI and/or tune. They'll just deny any warranty work that was caused by the CAI/Tune. So if you have any warranty work not related to CAI/Tune you'll be ok. It's up to ford to prove the CAI/Tune caused the issue.

Regardless just be prepared. GL
__________________
Kona Blue 2012 GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73, Accessory pkg 5, GT500 Axelbacks, Boss Pod w/ Prosport Gauges, Boss/CS F&R facsia'a, Boss Brake cooling ducts, Boss splitter, Roush side splitters, Saleen Grill & Roush CAI(non tune). More to come
Devildog1679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:04 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
bigsmitty24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 225
Re: Cai and tune

So if I go with Cai without tune, which should I go with?
bigsmitty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #9
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Cai and tune

C&L,JLT & Bama tune from American Muscle. Bama has a warranty for their tunes on the 2011 and also provides free tunes for life for anything up to a blower tune.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #10
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Cai and tune

JLT/Steeda is my recomndation. Evolution/Blow By Racing/LethalPerformance for tune. There tunes are just simply better then BAMA. More power, more proven. Haven't had the issues Bama did to show they had to offer a warranty.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #11
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Cai and tune

How many issues has Bama had? I've only read of 2 and they really weren't proven. I think Bama did this because they back their tunes not because they were sending out bad tunes. Either way it's a good canned tuned with a sense of security.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #12
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Cai and tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
How many issues has Bama had? I've only read of 2 and they really weren't proven. I think Bama did this because they back their tunes not because they were sending out bad tunes. Either way it's a good canned tuned with a sense of security.
Agree good sense of security. But of the cars that have claimed #8 issues they all mention of having a Bama tune. 1 guy came forward said he had a Lund tune in his car for a month but before that he had a Bama for about 4 months and a BBR for a month. So with him hard to say who did the damage. The TSP has been nicknamed BAMA for teh warranty issue with tunes and crap. They have also been busted out on forums that they are on for stealing files and trying to make there own. As such the ghost cam tunes. Which they never released cause they never figured them out.

Even then would you really want to put a tune with so much controversy around them in your car and take the chance? I know I wouldn't. Also when putting the tune in why not put the best one from the go. SHow me a BAma tuned car running as good as the cars tuned by others like Evp/Lethal/BBR/Livernois. There own AM car doesn't.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Has anyone any opinions on steeda's tunes? I deal with stage3motorsports and they deal with Gus over at steeda for all there custom tunes. Need some feed back on this
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #14
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Cai and tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Has anyone any opinions on steeda's tunes? I deal with stage3motorsports and they deal with Gus over at steeda for all there custom tunes. Need some feed back on this
Buddy had there tune when he got his STeeda cold air. He dynoed it then loaded a BBR tune. The BBR tune made 12whp/9wtq more. All same day within about 15 minutes of each pull. But they are a decent tune to start with if only mod is cold air.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #15
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Cai and tune

Never had a problem with mine and never personally seen a issue with Bama tune on a 2011+ we had 3 with CAI and Bama tune at dyno day and all were spot on and pulled 400+ (barely over 400)
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #16
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Cai and tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Never had a problem with mine and never personally seen a issue with Bama tune on a 2011+ we had 3 with CAI and Bama tune at dyno day and all were spot on and pulled 400+ (barely over 400)
What were mods?

Cold air and tune I made 414whp/404wtq with a BBR tune. That was with 4.10 gears. Which make your numbers a little lower.

Also go on S197/modularfords/SVT and they have threads people that have issues with Bama. There is people that tell everything about them. The whole story how they got busted trying to copy Lunds cam tune etc.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Shift issues with Bama Tunes - Ford Mustang Forums

Shift issues with Bama Tunes - Ford Mustang Forums


.1 sec google landed these first two. And these was googled as 2011 mustang bama tune issues.

Quote:
I am Jon Lund.... Not quite sure who you are nor do I care but you are woefully misinformed.... SCT has not threatened me with anything nor do I have any "lawers" spell check dude.. Lawyers...

This indeed is why I refuse to post or assoicate with forums because rumors get blown so far out of control.

I stoled nothing. The Cammed file was solely created derived off a GT 5.0 in Ohio and massaged to the point it could be sold. The Ford Racing Individual that created the "Boss Cammed Idle" has not even released it yet. He is good friend of mine and in fact was amazed the cammed idle was even figured out let alone sold.

The reason it was stopped being sold was Ford Racing ask me to not sell it as the Boss 302 was going to be released with there Trac Key and they were going to "Patent" the Technology. Even though the cammed idle is done differently than the Boss Trac Key, I choose to respect there request and get back to normal tuning and stop selling it.

SCT has a copy of the file as they swipped it off customer #3... Yeah I tracked the files... Chris Rose got the "Value File" From SCT and it would not stop stalling because when you copy files that don't show all the items not all items get copied.... Chris Rose called me and ask for help and shared the value file, its my file exactly, even down to the 6th decimal place in a few spots... amazing..... This was done on purpose for the "Toooning Shops" that use Value files instead of there own work. Guess it worked !!!!!!!!!

I have no attorneys nor need one..... But I suggest you find out the truth from the source before you type anymore on a forum.

The main reason no one else has figured out the "cammed" idle is they have not tried hard enough...

I hope all of you can now move on to some other topic and get a life...

Happy Lopey Idle !

Jon L
Ghost Cam Idle Tune - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V - Bama Custom Tuning Preview - Page 4 - SVTPerformance



I can keep going...


I have ordered several things from AM and been happy. A tune isn't one of them.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

From AMchrisrose
Quote:
Most of the top tuners in the country, offer mail-order tunes. It's because it's not about whether the tune is mail-order or not, it's about experience with the platform. Any company that is sending out SCT value files, shouldn't be mail-order tuning cars. If they dyno-tuned cars, they'd see that those value files can't be sent out.

2 of the tuners you mentioned had motor failures confirmed. We had 2 motor failures confirmed and we don't use global spark, don't use SCT value files, do command a safe air fuel ratio, do lab test and dyno/street/track test all of our MAF calibrations to ensure accuracy, do use IDS and other OE-type datalogging and data acquisition tools, do error on the side of the safe, do use stock knock sensor sensitivity, are the largest SCT dealer in the world (thousands of 2011's), are SCT certified, and do own/operate a dyno and 9 company Mustangs and many employee Mustangs.

It's still too young in the process of getting this cylinder 8 issue handled to start pointing fingers anywhere. I just thought I'd clear up some
Engine CARNAGE...#8... 5L KryPoNITE - Page 12 - SVTPerformance
I have yet to see a confirmed from EVO/LETHAL which Lund does there tuning.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:30 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Buddy had there tune when he got his STeeda cold air. He dynoed it then loaded a BBR tune. The BBR tune made 12whp/9wtq more. All same day within about 15 minutes of each pull. But they are a decent tune to start with if only mod is cold air.
Thanks man u always come through when I need info. Yes this is a temporary tune my mods when I tune will be boss mani, jlt cai, and roush AB's. Then in about 4weeks I will install my LT headers and o/r xpipe, and will have a upgraded tune to add those mods. Then when I find the time will schedule a custom dyno tune. So as long as it's a descent tune I'm good cuz it's only temporary! Will be doing my boss mani install in a few days!!! :Headbang:
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #18
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Cai and tune

Again,never had a issue with mine and would recommend them to anyone.2 cars out of how many and who knows how those cars were treated.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #19
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Cai and tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Thanks man u always come through when I need info. Yes this is a temporary tune my mods when I tune will be boss mani, jlt cai, and roush AB's. Then in about 4weeks I will install my LT headers and o/r xpipe, and will have a upgraded tune to add those mods. Then when I find the time will schedule a custom dyno tune. So as long as it's a descent tune I'm good cuz it's only temporary! Will be doing my boss mani install in a few days!!! :Headbang:
Me and him raced when I was stock. I have 3.73's. He was Steeda Cai/steeda tune and stock 3.31 gears. He pulled me by a car or so. Next week I had cold air/BBR tune/3.73's he had same thing as before. I pulled him by about 2 car. He installed his new tune BBR I only pulled about a car. That was the gear difference.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Again,never had a issue with mine and would recommend them to anyone.2 cars out of how many and who knows how those cars were treated.
It is what it is. That 2 more then I can find for anyone else. The 2011+ is totally different in tuning. SO what they did before doesn't really matter.

Also I guess it comes down t o what want for your tune. I want the most for my money. And it just don't point to BAMA. Least not for me or the ones that seem to be running the best times.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Me and him raced when I was stock. I have 3.73's. He was Steeda Cai/steeda tune and stock 3.31 gears. He pulled me by a car or so. Next week I had cold air/BBR tune/3.73's he had same thing as before. I pulled him by about 2 car. He installed his new tune BBR I only pulled about a car. That was the gear difference.
Yeah I'm glad I ordered my car! I got everything that mattered and the color I wanted. I have the 3.73's also I raced a guy from new Orleans with a SRT8 challenger and took him by 4 lengths. He didnt want to talk to me after!lol sore losers make me smile
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:10 PM   #21
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Cai and tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Yeah I'm glad I ordered my car! I got everything that mattered and the color I wanted. I have the 3.73's also I raced a guy from new Orleans with a SRT8 challenger and took him by 4 lengths. He didnt want to talk to me after!lol sore losers make me smile
Was it the 392? They are pretty fast. It will be a drivers race with both bone stock. From a roll the Chally has the advantage. From a a dig the 5.0 does.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Was it the 392? They are pretty fast. It will be a drivers race with both bone stock. From a roll the Chally has the advantage. From a a dig the 5.0 does.
Don't think so but I smoked him at a roll too

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Was it the 392? They are pretty fast. It will be a drivers race with both bone stock. From a roll the Chally has the advantage. From a a dig the 5.0 does.
Will be on the lookout for one though! I'm always up for a challenge!!! LOL! Of course in a controlled environment! Haha
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:45 PM   #23
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Cai and tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Don't think so but I smoked him at a roll too

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------



Will be on the lookout for one though! I'm always up for a challenge!!! LOL! Of course in a controlled environment! Haha
Just so you know. They have been running 12.3-12.6 bone stock. That is the 392 SRT8. It will say 392 on the fender. Only issue is there is no tuning for them yet.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
mgioia2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 104
I thought all SRT8's were 392's? And the regular 375HP models are the R/T's.
__________________
2012 GT Pemium w/hood and spoiler package, auto
mgioia2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:23 AM   #25
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Cai and tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgioia2 View Post
I thought all SRT8's were 392's? And the regular 375HP models are the R/T's.
The 392 didn't come out till this year. The prior ones was 6.1's. The new ones are 6.4's. They are dyno'ing right at 425whp bone stock. Rated at 475 crank hp.

They also talking about releasing a new SRT SC edition that will boost 570whp.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Never had a problem with mine and never personally seen a issue with Bama tune on a 2011+ we had 3 with CAI and Bama tune at dyno day and all were spot on and pulled 400+ (barely over 400)
I haven't had any issues to speak of, but my power has been low. Ive had the car dynod three times and sent logging info to Bama but we don't seem to be able to dial it in. My worst run was 341.74/312.04 and my best has been 385.51/346.99 with a whole lot in the middle and a few revisions.

Edit: Here are my dyno sheets.

note:these runs were in 4th gear



note:these runs were in 5th gear


note: the 389.41rwhp run was done in 4th gear just for grins, the other in 5th. There were two other runs but they were so close that we just put these two on the graph.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #27
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Cai and tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
I haven't had any issues to speak of, but my power has been low. Ive had the car dynod three times and sent logging info to Bama but we don't seem to be able to dial it in. My worst run was 341.74/312.04 and my best has been 385.51/346.99 with a whole lot in the middle and a few revisions.

Edit: Here are my dyno sheets.

note:these runs were in 4th gear



note:these runs were in 5th gear


note: the 389.41rwhp run was done in 4th gear just for grins, the other in 5th. There were two other runs but they were so close that we just put these two on the graph.
First issue I see is you have the Boss intake and are not taking your rpms out far enough. With it should be taking them out to least 7800rpms and shift at 7700.

Then yes your tune needs some work. You shoudl have more power then 389whp.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
First issue I see is you have the Boss intake and are not taking your rpms out far enough. With it should be taking them out to least 7800rpms and shift at 7700.

Then yes your tune needs some work. You shoudl have more power then 389whp.
Rev limiter is at 7700. The second set of runs took them out that far. I did on the runs Friday as well, but it was peaking and slowly dropping off around 7200-7300 anyways. This is where the rev limiter was set from bama so perhaps they don't have it optimized for the higher rpm.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Just so you know. They have been running 12.3-12.6 bone stock. That is the 392 SRT8. It will say 392 on the fender. Only issue is there is no tuning for them yet.
The best times motortrend has for them is 12.6 and that's a experienced driver so just 1tenth quicker stock. Not a big deal being they need 60 more horses to do that! In a few days the boss mani will have them runnin!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #30
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Cai and tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
The best times motortrend has for them is 12.6 and that's a experienced driver so just 1tenth quicker stock. Not a big deal being they need 60 more horses to do that! In a few days the boss mani will have them runnin!
HAHA..I love magazine readers. If you believe magazine times that is stupid. There pro drivers are crap. If that teh case the 5.0 is a 13 sec car. The 5.0 has been a best of 12.14 manual 3.73's in the 1/4. Auto 12.37. The 392 has been a best of 12.3X. These best times are base 5.0's to a base SRT which is still better then a loaded 5.0.

As you say need an extra 60hp yes. But also look at the car you get. I am sorry but the Chally is way better inside then the 5.0. Even a loaded one. If you haven't been in a Chally go check one out. They have a back seat you can use. The leather is nicer. And have stuff standard teh 5.0 don't. They are really the best car over all. Performance wise no not really as they weigh almost 400lbs more then a loaded 5.0. And about 600lbs more then a base 5.0.

I love my mustang cause I bought it to race. It gets the job done. One simple reason is weight. Same reason the SS isn't faster then the 5.0/ It weighs to much. Look at a C6 LS3 vette. Same engine as the SS but lighter and faster then a 5.0.

Problem with most car owners they to much of nuttswingers to admit a car is better. I am not. I like fast cars period. I don't care if its ford/GM/Chevy/import.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Rev limiter is at 7700. The second set of runs took them out that far. I did on the runs Friday as well, but it was peaking and slowly dropping off around 7200-7300 anyways. This is where the rev limiter was set from bama so perhaps they don't have it optimized for the higher rpm.
I am looking at the 5th gear pulls. They don't go out to 7700 rpms. The 4th gear pulls do. YOu have manual so should be pulling in 5th gear every time.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:31 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

HAHA..I love magazine readers. If you believe magazine times that is stupid. There pro drivers are crap. If that teh case the 5.0 is a 13 sec car. The 5.0 has been a best of 12.14 manual 3.73's in the 1/4. Auto 12.37. The 392 has been a best of 12.3X. These best times are base 5.0's to a base SRT which is still better then a loaded 5.0.

As you say need an extra 60hp yes. But also look at the car you get. I am sorry but the Chally is way better inside then the 5.0. Even a loaded one. If you haven't been in a Chally go check one out. They have a back seat you can use. The leather is nicer. And have stuff standard teh 5.0 don't. They are really the best car over all. Performance wise no not really as they weigh almost 400lbs more then a loaded 5.0. And about 600lbs more then a base 5.0.

I love my mustang cause I bought it to race. It gets the job done. One simple reason is weight. Same reason the SS isn't faster then the 5.0/ It weighs to much. Look at a C6 LS3 vette. Same engine as the SS but lighter and faster then a 5.0.

Problem with most car owners they to much of nuttswingers to admit a car is better. I am not. I like fast cars period. I don't care if its ford/GM/Chevy/import.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------



I am looking at the 5th gear pulls. They don't go out to 7700 rpms. The 4th gear pulls do. YOu have manual so should be pulling in 5th gear every time.
No I have never been In a challenger and don't plan on it. Like u bought my mustang basically for the performance aspect but have always loved muscle cars no matter what kind. I have the base gt with only a few extras planned on making it custom to my liking. I'm just having a lil fun trash talking cuz I own a Stang! I don't go to the track much so if their are cars running better times stock good for them yes I read magazines: motortrend , 5.0 mag, road and track and a few others I don't have the luxury of being their first hand as I work all the time! Only home one week out of the month. So excuse me if im not the guru on 1/4 mile times! That's why we have people like u to inform us. So thanks for the info.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:49 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 151
For $50k it better have somethings I don't have. I love the looks of the challenger but seriously who buys these car cuz of back seat room?
Dbsaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:52 AM   #33
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Cai and tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
No I have never been In a challenger and don't plan on it. Like u bought my mustang basically for the performance aspect but have always loved muscle cars no matter what kind. I have the base gt with only a few extras planned on making it custom to my liking. I'm just having a lil fun trash talking cuz I own a Stang! I don't go to the track much so if their are cars running better times stock good for them yes I read magazines: motortrend , 5.0 mag, road and track and a few others I don't have the luxury of being their first hand as I work all the time! Only home one week out of the month. So excuse me if im not the guru on 1/4 mile times! That's why we have people like u to inform us. So thanks for the info.
All good. I like to know what I am running against. That why I look at other cars also. I am gone least 16months out of 24. Between being deployed and them training when home. I also like to know what cars really run and not what a magazine that had the car for a day can do. Real owners always end up running the best times.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:38 AM   #34
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Cai and tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbsaints View Post
For $50k it better have somethings I don't have. I love the looks of the challenger but seriously who buys these car cuz of back seat room?
They really are nice cars. And people that want a nice muscle car buy them that can. I know a women that traded her 2010 GT500 in on a 2011 Challenger SRT8 cause of that reason. Plus it had everything else like GPS/Leather/Sun roof etc. It didn't have room for the kids. Her husband traded his 2010 Camaro SS in on a 2011 5.0.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:08 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

All good. I like to know what I am running against. That why I look at other cars also. I am gone least 16months out of 24. Between being deployed and them training when home. I also like to know what cars really run and not what a magazine that had the car for a day can do. Real owners always end up running the best times.
When it comes down to it I m going to custom the interior so I don't think the challenger will impress me but for thoughs that like them I'm not hateing. Really I think their good looking car just not for me. No stock chally will come close to me when I'm done with my work on my car! Lol
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
cai

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JLT CAI with Tune Help!! phobik 2011-2014 Mustang GT 7 10-04-2011 08:37 PM
roush cai vs jlt/steeda cai godsdisciple85 General Mustang Discussion 0 09-20-2011 09:34 AM
Fuel gauge not working after CAI install. Hellraisen 1996-2004 Mustang GT 0 09-14-2011 07:58 AM
Jon Lund 93 Octane Aggressive Cam'd Tune Msoler 2011-2014 Mustang GT 7 09-07-2011 11:30 AM
To tune or not to tune? grossnickle6612 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 10 08-24-2011 10:27 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



08:47 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.