Self installed boss mani complete! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-802529584.png
Views:	140
Size:	316.1 KB
ID:	33591

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2094757820.png
Views:	125
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	33592

Steeda's shop car minus the axlebacks!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2011, 08:16 PM   #37
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Re: Self installed boss mani complete!

This your car?
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
This your car?
No, steeda's shop car minus axlebacks. This is a ball park of what my car is runnin I'm thinkin I may run slightly higher numbers. When I get home will try to get the car dynoed before my LT's and x pipe install and post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2011, 10:05 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Been trying to PM you but your **** is full...
Old 10-27-2011, 06:28 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
Been trying to PM you but your **** is full...
Sorry just cleared out some room hit me up
Old 10-27-2011, 07:13 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Am I reading that right, it's a little hard to read, but 423HP? I thought there would be a lot more, but I'm not seeing headers, etc. What do you expect to get out of yours Benzo?
Old 10-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd
Am I reading that right, it's a little hard to read, but 423HP? I thought there would be a lot more, but I'm not seeing headers, etc. What do you expect to get out of yours Benzo?
Think with the current mods of Boss, JLT, axlebacks, and steeda tune I think I'm around 425 to 430whp . This coming week will be doing my header and x pipe install finally so expecting to be at 455 to 460whp that's with steeda tune. And after dyno tune think she should be at 470 to 480 whp. Depending on how strong the car is running these are ball park numbers where I'm expecting to be! Stang hi performance has proven there dyno tunes to me when my buddy dyno tuned his 5.0 he made 476 to the wheels! Impressive if u ask me.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

Think with the current mods of Boss, JLT, axlebacks, and steeda tune I think I'm around 425 to 430whp . This coming week will be doing my header and x pipe install finally so expecting to be at 455 to 460whp that's with steeda tune. And after dyno tune think she should be at 470 to 480 whp. Depending on how strong the car is running these are ball park numbers where I'm expecting to be! Stang hi performance has proven there dyno tunes to me when my buddy dyno tuned his 5.0 he made 476 to the wheels! Impressive if u ask me.
Forgot to mention that my buddy has the same mods except smaller primaries and chambered magnaflow mufflers which might put me with slightly higher numbers.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:41 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

I doubt the axlebacks make much difference and the difference with 1 3/4" to 1 7/8" would be negligible unless ur FI. Just my guess.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

But u gotta come show me that beast when it's done. I curious to hear the sound difference between mine and urs.

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Plus u still have factory over axle exhaust with resonators, so if +.125" in the primaries matters then certainly +.25" would certainly matter. Again, just my thinking with no real evidence to back it up.
Dbsaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
Here are my dyno sheets from mine 2011 5.0 Manual with the Boss IM/JLT CAI/Axlebacks/93 octane tune and stock 3.55 gears:

First Dyno Run - 4th gear

Second Dyno Run - made the shop re-do it in 5th gear, tune had been adjusted based off datalogging from the first run

Third Dyno Run - different shop just to see if the dyno was off at the first place - tune adjusted again based off datalogging from second run - Run 3/green was 5th gear, Run 4/red was 4th gear
Old 10-27-2011, 11:56 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Seems like awfully low numbers for ur mods. Different elevation, temp, and dynos will show different though.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbsaints
Seems like awfully low numbers for ur mods. Different elevation, temp, and dynos will show different though.
That is really low even considering. Try to find a reputable speed shop near u and go get dyno tuned.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:38 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
That is really low even considering. Try to find a reputable speed shop near u and go get dyno tuned.
I live in Dayton, OH. There aren't any tuners within 100 miles that are familiar with the Coyote. We used to have a good shop called "Modular Depot" just over the border of KY but they got bought out by a place called "Easy Street" and everyone I have talked to has told me to keep my car a thousand miles away from them. I think Brenspeed in northern IN is my closest bet, but I would probably have to burn a couple vacation days to take the car up there, get it tuned and drive back.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

The fact that the first pull was done in 4th tells me enough.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbsaints View Post
The fact that the first pull was done in 4th tells me enough.
Mmmmhmmm.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #50
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
I live in Dayton, OH. There aren't any tuners within 100 miles that are familiar with the Coyote. We used to have a good shop called "Modular Depot" just over the border of KY but they got bought out by a place called "Easy Street" and everyone I have talked to has told me to keep my car a thousand miles away from them. I think Brenspeed in northern IN is my closest bet, but I would probably have to burn a couple vacation days to take the car up there, get it tuned and drive back.
Not true. There is a shop over in Columbus. They just did 180mph in the TX mile with only 1 mode. A Roush blower.

Car, Truck, SUV Accessories in Columbus Ohio, Hilliard & Lewis Center Ohio - Automotive Dyno Tuning - Pickups Plus Cars - GET ACCESSORIZED!

Old 10-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
Touche! I almost said 50 miles but I was pretty certain. They are 80 miles away and I've never heard of them. I wish I had more info, based on their website they seem like a truck shop. I'm OK with driving somewhere to get a dyno tune ... I just want it done by a reputable shop that has done some Coyote tuning already. I don't want to be one of the first few cars to go through the shop.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #52
Road Trip!

Quote:
Touche! I almost said 50 miles but I was pretty certain. They are 80 miles away and I've never heard of them. I wish I had more info, based on their website they seem like a truck shop. I'm OK with driving somewhere to get a dyno tune ... I just want it done by a reputable shop that has done some Coyote tuning already. I don't want to be one of the first few cars to go through the shop.
They have tuned some 5.0's. Including there own SC 5.0. A buddy of mine says they are real good. I trust him to do anything with my car. He has helped me a lot. I know if he says they are legit then you have no worries with them. Also you have Livernois in Detroit. Little over 100 miles but well worth it as well.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I would go to either livernois or bernspeed IMO this is ur best bet.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #54
Road Trip!

There is also a Shop in Cincy that has tuned BEEFCAKE's 9 sec 2011 5.0. But I forget the name of it.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:57 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There is also a Shop in Cincy that has tuned BEEFCAKE's 9 sec 2011 5.0. But I forget the name of it.
I know there is a local shop called S&M Motorsports. Do you know if that's the one?

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:59 PM   #56
Road Trip!

I will find out. Just have to send a PM on Modular.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I will find out. Just have to send a PM on Modular.
Keep me updated.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #58
Road Trip!

Just wait8ing to hear back from few people.

Oh and so much for that bama tune making as much power huh.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:07 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Ordered mine today, hope i like it.....
2012 GT Premium/Black/6sp/Brembo Pkg/20" Foose Speeds/16%Tint/Letheal OR-X/GT500 Exhaust/FR K Springs/Roush TVS SC/JLT CAI/VMP 82mm Pulley/GT500 Front/Black Mamba Hood/MGW Shifter/Stallion Suspension LCAs and Panhard bar
Kystang615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #60
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kystang615 View Post
Ordered mine today, hope i like it.....
and this is what we all call WINNING!

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Keep me updated.
Got few PM's back. They all said same thing. pickupspluscars.

As far as one in Cincy said he trailer his car to Evolution on his last tune so Jon Lund could tune it.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:36 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nice, those are the numbers I would like to see with the set up. You still feel that you will see the gains all the way through the rpm range? Look forward to your actual numbers.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Here are my dyno sheets from mine 2011 5.0 Manual with the Boss IM/JLT CAI/Axlebacks/93 octane tune and stock 3.55 gears:
Wow, those seem to be low for the mods, compared to what Benzo's numbers are and running similar mods. Who did the tune?

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Think with the current mods of Boss, JLT, axlebacks, and steeda tune I think I'm around 425 to 430whp . This coming week will be doing my header and x pipe install finally so expecting to be at 455 to 460whp that's with steeda tune. And after dyno tune think she should be at 470 to 480 whp. Depending on how strong the car is running these are ball park numbers where I'm expecting to be! Stang hi performance has proven there dyno tunes to me when my buddy dyno tuned his 5.0 he made 476 to the wheels! Impressive if u ask me.:
How is the car running, any problems? Did you put a new shifter in?
Old 10-28-2011, 06:10 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd

Nice, those are the numbers I would like to see with the set up. You still feel that you will see the gains all the way through the rpm range? Look forward to your actual numbers.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Wow, those seem to be low for the mods, compared to what Benzo's numbers are and running similar mods. Who did the tune?

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

How is the car running, any problems? Did you put a new shifter in?
No new shifter getting power mods done first. Then maybe after that a dual race clutch install to handle the power better. No problems at all up to now but pretty sure clutch will not last long when I start tracking the car! so when the stock clutch starts having slippage will replace. Car runs like a beast with the Boss! Oh and to answer ur question about gains all through the rpm range. I have not felt any loss down low notice a huge difference from 4k up! The long tubes and x pipe will beef up the low end a lil too. IMO from stock setup to full bolt on I should see gains all through the rpm range.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:34 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No new shifter getting power mods done first. Then maybe after that a dual race clutch install to handle the power better. No problems at all up to now but pretty sure clutch will not last long when I start tracking the car! so when the stock clutch starts having slippage will replace. Car runs like a beast with the Boss! Oh and to answer ur question about gains all through the rpm range. I have not felt any loss down low notice a huge difference from 4k up! The long tubes and x pipe will beef up the low end a lil too. IMO from stock setup to full bolt on I should see gains all through the rpm range.
Nice, is that the only issue right now the clutch? I like it and I'm almost sold on it. I'm still debating between this setup and a FR S/C (only because it comes with limited warranty).
Old 10-28-2011, 06:45 AM   #64
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
Nice, is that the only issue right now the clutch? I like it and I'm almost sold on it. I'm still debating between this setup and a FR S/C (only because it comes with limited warranty).
Remeber the FRSC only comes with a warranty on a stock vehicle. You had headers, custom tune it voids it. Smaller pulley etc. Also it is only on the 525hp kit. Also with the PD blowers you can't beat the Roush kit.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:08 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Remeber the FRSC only comes with a warranty on a stock vehicle. You had headers, custom tune it voids it. Smaller pulley etc. Also it is only on the 525hp kit. Also with the PD blowers you can't beat the Roush kit.
Aww, thanks for bringing me down man. LOL I figured as much since it has to be installed at a Ford dealership. Oh well. I have time.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:44 AM   #66
Road Trip!

Quote:
I would go to either livernois or bernspeed IMO this is ur best bet.
Napoleon85 and my self have been looking at Pickupspluscars and they have tuned a lot of 5.0's. They really seem to know there ****. Plus they come very highly recommended.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:29 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Napoleon85 and my self have been looking at Pickupspluscars and they have tuned a lot of 5.0's. They really seem to know there ****. Plus they come very highly recommended.
That's great! I've been passively looking for a good shop to eventually get my car dynoed and tuned.

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:48 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Nice well that's another option then
Old 10-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Yup, they look pretty awesome. Here is a link to their site and some dyno sheets they have posted of customer cars. PS - this is on a Mustang Dyno, which I think reads lower than most Dynojet Dynos do (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that).

Car, Truck, SUV Accessories in Columbus Ohio, Hilliard & Lewis Center Ohio - Automotive Dyno Tuning - Pickups Plus Cars - GET ACCESSORIZED!

406RWHP, 379TQ with just a CAI and tune:

429RWHP, 364TQ with Boss IM/CAI and tune

Also, I like how this shows just why the Boss is completely worth the money. Your peak torque may be a smidgeon lower but look at how beautifully flat that torque curve is, especially compared to the stock IM. It's almost arousing!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yup, they look pretty awesome. Here is a link to their site and some dyno sheets they have posted of customer cars. PS - this is on a Mustang Dyno, which I think reads lower than most Dynojet Dynos do (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that).

406RWHP, 379TQ with just a CAI and tune:

429RWHP, 364TQ with Boss IM/CAI and tune

Also, I like how this shows just why the Boss is completely worth the money. Your peak torque may be a smidgeon lower but look at how beautifully flat that torque curve is, especially compared to the stock IM. It's almost arousing!
Concur 100% the stock mani is inconsistent on power and torque. The boss helped even out the power band and torque. Those numbers are what is to be expected with our setup!! Looks like a good place to look in to for ur dyno tune.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT