Self installed boss mani complete! - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #71
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Self installed boss mani complete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Yup, they look pretty awesome. Here is a link to their site and some dyno sheets they have posted of customer cars. PS - this is on a Mustang Dyno, which I think reads lower than most Dynojet Dynos do (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that).

Car, Truck, SUV Accessories in Columbus Ohio, Hilliard & Lewis Center Ohio - Automotive Dyno Tuning - Pickups Plus Cars - GET ACCESSORIZED!

406RWHP, 379TQ with just a CAI and tune:


429RWHP, 364TQ with Boss IM/CAI and tune


Also, I like how this shows just why the Boss is completely worth the money. Your peak torque may be a smidgeon lower but look at how beautifully flat that torque curve is, especially compared to the stock IM. It's almost arousing!
You are correct a Mustang Dyno reads lower. On my G8 it read about 40whp lower. On a friends cobra that made 640whp on a Dyno jet it made right around 588whp on a mustang dyno.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-28-2011, 12:23 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

You are correct a Mustang Dyno reads lower. On my G8 it read about 40whp lower. On a friends cobra that made 640whp on a Dyno jet it made right around 588whp on a mustang dyno.
They must be going pretty agressive to get those numbers on a mustang dyno! Thats very nice!

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
Yup, they look pretty awesome. Here is a link to their site and some dyno sheets they have posted of customer cars. PS - this is on a Mustang Dyno, which I think reads lower than most Dynojet Dynos do (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that).

Car, Truck, SUV Accessories in Columbus Ohio, Hilliard & Lewis Center Ohio - Automotive Dyno Tuning - Pickups Plus Cars - GET ACCESSORIZED!

406RWHP, 379TQ with just a CAI and tune:

429RWHP, 364TQ with Boss IM/CAI and tune

Also, I like how this shows just why the Boss is completely worth the money. Your peak torque may be a smidgeon lower but look at how beautifully flat that torque curve is, especially compared to the stock IM. It's almost arousing!
What CAI are they using??
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:52 PM   #73
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Self installed boss mani complete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
They must be going pretty agressive to get those numbers on a mustang dyno! Thats very nice!

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------



What CAI are they using??
The Cobra has the biggest KB on it they make with smallest pulley. Running right around 24lbs of boost. Mammoth cold air, full exhaust etc etc.

My G8 had full bolt ons and Nitrous.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
They said what cai, think it was an airraid lol
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
They said what cai, think it was an airraid lol
Which CAI makes the most power??? C&L, JLT, Steeda, or Air Raid?? Does any one know? I know they all make close to the same. But would like to know.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
The jlt/c&l are about the same, I think the steeds makes a few less hp, and the air raid is a no tune required cai, so minimal gains.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
The jlt/c&l are about the same, I think the steeds makes a few less hp, and the air raid is a no tune required cai, so minimal gains.
Correction air raid makes a CAI for the 5.0 that requires a tune.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:57 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: Self installed boss mani complete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Correction air raid makes a CAI for the 5.0 that requires a tune.
No ****?
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #79
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Self installed boss mani complete!

The airraid and C&L both make them that require no tune. They also have inserts you take out that make it need a tune.


I posted thing while back that showed the Steeda/JLT all made within 1whp of each other. Then another showing same for JLT/steeda/C&L that needs tune
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:58 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
The airraid and C&L both make them that require no tune. They also have inserts you take out that make it need a tune.

I posted thing while back that showed the Steeda/JLT all made within 1whp of each other. Then another showing same for JLT/steeda/C&L that needs tune
I'm going to google it
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #81
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Self installed boss mani complete!

Feel free.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:19 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
Feel free.
Can't really find any good dyno comparisons but most everyone is using the JLT and saying it's best fit for the boss. I know there all close in power gains but I want numbers!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:10 PM   #83
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Self installed boss mani complete!

THe Steeda fits fine. ALSO check this out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteedaMatt View Post
We've been working behind the scenes to make a Boss specific cold air system. While our current 5.0L GT system will fit a Boss car we wanted to improve the fit and while we were at it, improve the air intake system itself.

Here is a sneak peak at those efforts.

[IMG][/IMG]

The inlet tube has been revised for a direct fit. As many of you know the throttle body is in a different position and angle than the 5.0L GT which makes it a chore to install aftermarket cold airs designed for the GT.

[IMG][/IMG]

As you can see from this shot the angle the tube meets the throttle body is correct, with the GT kit you end up with an angle between the tube and the silicone connection since it is intended for the GT application. It works but its not really correct. Our new set up will be.

It will also feature a larger diameter to accommodate the higher airflow potential of the Boss 302 set up.

Comments welcome.


---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

here link with pictures

Steeda Boss 302 Cold Air Intake

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Also the dyno comparisons was done by BBR and Steeda matter fact. As mention they was within 1whp of each other.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:05 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
THe Steeda fits fine. ALSO check this out.


---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

here link with pictures

Steeda Boss 302 Cold Air Intake

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Also the dyno comparisons was done by BBR and Steeda matter fact. As mention they was within 1whp of each other.
Can't pull up the pics. And u thing this CAI steeda's developing will be worth swapping my current JLT for? I'm not so sure they will be able to pull enough power to make any difference.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:11 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Here are my dyno sheets from mine 2011 5.0 Manual with the Boss IM/JLT CAI/Axlebacks/93 octane tune and stock 3.55 gears:

First Dyno Run - 4th gear

Second Dyno Run - made the shop re-do it in 5th gear, tune had been adjusted based off datalogging from the first run

Third Dyno Run - different shop just to see if the dyno was off at the first place - tune adjusted again based off datalogging from second run - Run 3/green was 5th gear, Run 4/red was 4th gear
Question what correction did they use SAE or STD should say in the top right hand corner?

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

Question what correction did they use SAE or STD should say in the top right hand corner?
For some reason could not see the top of ur dyno sheet.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:57 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: Self installed boss mani complete!

All my posted sheets were SAE.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:25 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Re: Self installed boss mani complete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Can't pull up the pics. And u thing this CAI steeda's developing will be worth swapping my current JLT for? I'm not so sure they will be able to pull enough power to make any difference.
Yeah you have to be a member, damn forums. lol

When does Steeda plan to put this on their site to purchase? I looked and didn't see it there.
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:01 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd

Yeah you have to be a member, damn forums. lol

When does Steeda plan to put this on their site to purchase? I looked and didn't see it there.
Not sure but I don't think it will give a gain worth switching CAI. But if u haven't purchased one yet this could be a option. We will just have to wait till they release it

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
All my posted sheets were SAE.
Did u decide if u will make the trip to get dyno tuned ?
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:06 AM   #89
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Self installed boss mani complete!

I was just showing what Steeda is doing. The gains I suspect will not be worth getting rid of current JLT. JLT also sells a different coupler to make the JLT sit better. More flat like it does with the regular intake.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:08 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
I was just showing what Steeda is doing. The gains I suspect will not be worth getting rid of current JLT. JLT also sells a different coupler to make the JLT sit better. More flat like it does with the regular intake.
Cool thanks for the info chief!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:11 PM   #91
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Self installed boss mani complete!

Supposedly Airaid has a Boss Intake only cold air only also.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: Self installed boss mani complete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Not sure but I don't think it will give a gain worth switching CAI. But if u haven't purchased one yet this could be a option. We will just have to wait till they release it

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------



Did u decide if u will make the trip to get dyno tuned ?
Yeah, looks like I'll be taking a road trip to PickupsPlusCars next spring when the weather clears.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Yeah, looks like I'll be taking a road trip to PickupsPlusCars next spring when the weather clears.
Keep us updated man!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:17 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: Self installed boss mani complete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Keep us updated man!
Will do, but it will be a solid 4-5 months or so...
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Will do, but it will be a solid 4-5 months or so...
Yeah that SUCKS! U should move down south man!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: Self installed boss mani complete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Yeah that SUCKS! U should move down south man!
Yeah, you're preaching to the choir there ... Find me a well-paying job and decent cost of living and I'm in!
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Yeah, you're preaching to the choir there ... Find me a well-paying job and decent cost of living and I'm in!
What u do for a living up there?
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:39 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: Self installed boss mani complete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
What u do for a living up there?
I'm an IT consultant ... system admin/engineer type work.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:28 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

I'm an IT consultant ... system admin/engineer type work.
Look into offshore communications work and plc work!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: Self installed boss mani complete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Look into offshore communications work and plc work!
I know absolutely nothing about either of those fields ... I do Windows and virtualization stuff mostly.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:48 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

Look into offshore communications work and plc work!
Well looks like ur stuck in a salty winter!! Well at lease one of us can still hold it down for the cause!:Headbang:

I will be installing my LT's and o/r x pipe this coming Saturday so will keep y'all updated. Pm me and keep me updated
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Self installing the boss 302 mani! Any advice or problems anyone has run into? Benzo 2011-2014 Mustang GT 6 10-03-2011 06:23 PM
5.0 or Boss 302 The Darkside 2011-2014 Mustang GT 171 09-07-2011 10:48 AM
Boss 302 mani for sale! Benzo 2011-2014 Mustang GT 0 08-28-2011 08:48 PM
For those that have installed the Boss Intake dailey 2011-2014 Mustang GT 14 07-05-2011 03:08 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:04 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.