any auto guys wish was manual? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: any auto guys wish was manual?

Being a 'car guy', since I was a little kid-I can 'make a case', for either. I learned how to drive in a manual `65 Beetle, at the same time, learning in an automatic `64 Fleetwood(Cadillac)-driving both, with my learners permit. I then, shared the Beetle with my older brother, as 'our' car-until my younger brother rolled it. That's when I had 'no car', and rode a bicycle everywhere..1976.
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: any auto guys wish was manual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf View Post
The reason they didn't want me to have a manual is because it "distracts you from the road"
That made me facepalm so hard. IMO automatic transmissions lead to driver distractions, since you do not have to be as aware of the operation of the car. I'm just going to point out that it is incredibly more difficult to talk on the phone while driving a manual in city traffic, generally to the point that most people will avoid it. Ever try to go through a roudabout (traffic circle) while holding a phone in a manual? It's damn near impossible!

That aside, glad to hear you have the right attitude about the car. Honestly, I'm glad my parents didn't give me a Mustang when I was young. I can say with certainty I was not responsible enough to drive something with that much power.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

That made me facepalm so hard. IMO automatic transmissions lead to driver distractions, since you do not have to be as aware of the operation of the car. I'm just going to point out that it is incredibly more difficult to talk on the phone while driving a manual in city traffic, generally to the point that most people will avoid it. Ever try to go through a roudabout (traffic circle) while holding a phone in a manual? It's damn near impossible!

That aside, glad to hear you have the right attitude about the car. Honestly, I'm glad my parents didn't give me a Mustang when I was young. I can say with certainty I was not responsible enough to drive something with that much power.
Thank you! That's exactly what I told them! I can't be distracted while driving, my car and life are way to valuable for me to take some chance to reply to someone, when I really need to make a call I pull off to the side of the road. Yeah its inconvenient but I love my car a bit too much lol

Hahaha yeah these cars are my passion and I don't want to take the risk to loose them! Yeah I push it, that is what it was made for, but I'm not reckless or irresponsible. And I keep amazing meticulous care of them, these aren't trash filled, bashed & banged up teenage cars, they're show cars
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2011, 10:39 PM   #39
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbullit
Being a 'car guy', since I was a little kid-I can 'make a case', for either. I learned how to drive in a manual `65 Beetle, at the same time, learning in an automatic `64 Fleetwood(Cadillac)-driving both, with my learners permit. I then, shared the Beetle with my older brother, as 'our' car-until my younger brother rolled it. That's when I had 'no car', and rode a bicycle everywhere..1976.
Oh man that must've really sucked. (Sorry, I did chuckle a bit) LOL Nothing wrong with a bicycle, but at 16 its just nice to have wheels. I don't know what I would have done to my brother if he did that. It's always the younger brother. Haha.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #40
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Oh man that must've really sucked. (Sorry, I did chuckle a bit) LOL Nothing wrong with a bicycle, but at 16 its just nice to have wheels. I don't know what I would have done to my brother if he did that. It's always the younger brother. Haha.
I am the younger brother!...but too an older sister..so she couldn't do s#!t!!...ohh the fights we had...i can't say ive never hit a girl!...as youngin's we used to swingin for the fences!..bloody faces n all!..
We're best of friends now but lookin back...DAMN we hated eachother!..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT