any auto guys wish was manual? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-20-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
any auto guys wish was manual?

Just wondering if any auto guys wish they would have went with a manual. I have a manual and wish would have went auto. My reason is cause of drag racing. I have already started to look at doing a auto conversion.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2011, 12:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: any auto guys wish was manual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
Just wondering if any auto guys wish they would have went with a manual. I have a manual and wish would have went auto. My reason is cause of drag racing. I have already started to look at doing a auto conversion.
i wish jus bout every day!! but too much trouble to change...ima jus prolly convert mine to manual valve body and make it look like it..hahaha or do B&M Hammer Console Ratchet Shifter - Automatic and play around with that but idk
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

I sold my auto to buy a manual, dont care if its slower... autos are boring to drive. If all you care about is running some magic time at the track or being faster than an auto can do it of course but I dont care that much.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2011, 01:21 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
I sold my auto to buy a manual, dont care if its slower... autos are boring to drive. If all you care about is running some magic time at the track or being faster than an auto can do it of course but I dont care that much.
I understand what you are saying. The manual is funner on the street. But even then a nice stall can help make up for that. And also a good tune for shifting. And I am surprised you didn't see where I was going with this. LOL

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post
i wish jus bout every day!! but too much trouble to change...ima jus prolly convert mine to manual valve body and make it look like it..hahaha or do B&M Hammer Console Ratchet Shifter - Automatic and play around with that but idk
I understand the older mustangs. The new auto's are pretty good also.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I have an auto but wanted a manual. For years all vehicles less the newish Expedition(s) had manual trans. However I fractured my femur around the age of 17 and after years of driving standards that equated to cortisone shots about 6-8 times a year to help with the pain of driving. Like I said when I bought mine I wanted a manual but after talking it over, getting the shots to keep it seemed less then ideal. It's still a lot of fun to drive regardless of the automatic...but that's just my two cents.
OutlawJosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I miss a manual. This is my first auto. I want some good paddle shifters or something.
Dbsaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbsaints
I miss a manual. This is my first auto. I want some good paddle shifters or something.
Wish that was a option I would have gone auto if they offered paddle shifters! I'm happy with my manual no troubles yet
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
I begged my parents to allow me to get manual, they wouldn't let me! :'(
Old 10-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I looked at nothing but manuals and bought an auto, very happy with that choice...especially every Monday after leg day at the gym, much easier!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:27 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Manual is definitely fun to drive, I love my manual, haven't had one in about 10 years I rarely drive my stang, my DD is a 4 cyl auto so I have the best of both worlds a manual DD can get annoying I would imagine
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

For track auto all day.Nobody can or will out shift the tuned auto.I personally love manual.One reason I sold the G8.It was tuned and fun but nothing better than rowing your own gears.Even at the track its a challenge to see how well you can do manual,but no match for the auto for sure.I wouldn't have even bought the car if it was auto...Like someone else said....boring.I'm sure somebody has cracked 9's out there in a auto by now.Not sure if any will in manual or has.Brad....you could try for fastest 5.0 manual record.What is it now?Low,low 10's.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #12
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
I like my 5spd!....my mustang is lacking the creature comforts I.e - no auto,no radio,no a/c,no cup holders,no back seat,no headliner,no sound deadliner...and I love it!!..
All that stuff is in my camaro..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66 View Post
I like my 5spd!....my mustang is lacking the creature comforts I.e - no auto,no radio,no a/c,no cup holders,no back seat,no headliner,no sound deadliner...and I love it!!..
All that stuff is in my camaro..
What are you saying....Just needs a roll bar.LOL! Car like you are talking are the best at times....Especially when you owe nothing on it.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 10-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

I mostly definately dig the manual got my dad to get another manual so I could learn then I got my stang with a manual and couldn't be happier
Old 10-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #15
Filibuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
What are you saying....Just needs a roll bar.LOL! Car like you are talking are the best at times....Especially when you owe nothing on it.
Yup...i removed all those (factory t-5) things..i like the less is more feel of my car...next are subframe connectors!..roll bars are not needed "just yet"...paid off...but still payin!!..
But I will say I enjoy the auto camaro as well!...like said earlier in this thread "best of both worlds"!.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

I love the less is more approach as well although not quite to the extreme you are going with it lol a perfectly stock fox 5spd is perfect for me
Old 10-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #17
Filibuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC770
I love the less is more approach as well although not quite to the extreme you are going with it lol a perfectly stock fox 5spd is perfect for me
Yeah ive seen your new fox its beautiful!..
Old 10-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yup...i removed all those (factory t-5) things..i like the less is more feel of my car...next are subframe connectors!..roll bars are not needed "just yet"...paid off...but still payin!!..
But I will say I enjoy the auto camaro as well!...like said earlier in this thread "best of both worlds"!.
Best of both worlds is sweet.I love auto for just chillin.Wish I could have kept my G8 and have the stang.Those firm,hard shifts were sweet but I figure this will be my last manual.At 43 I will have to have a auto when I pay this off at almost 50.Turn the stang into a garage queen/race car one day.Just missed the manual and had been 15 years with auto,so my love for the manual finally prevailed
Old 10-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #19
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
For track auto all day.Nobody can or will out shift the tuned auto.I personally love manual.One reason I sold the G8.It was tuned and fun but nothing better than rowing your own gears.Even at the track its a challenge to see how well you can do manual,but no match for the auto for sure.I wouldn't have even bought the car if it was auto...Like someone else said....boring.I'm sure somebody has cracked 9's out there in a auto by now.Not sure if any will in manual or has.Brad....you could try for fastest 5.0 manual record.What is it now?Low,low 10's.
Auto's are in the low 9's. Even Evolution has been in the 8's with an auto. But it was a C4 tranny.

Lethal has the fastest manual car at 10.2.

I like idea of being the fastest manual but I don't want to put a cage in it.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Least yet.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #20

Region: Kentucky
Man I've got a 5 speed and u would see me in anything else. Its really the most fun I've ever had in a car
The Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #21
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Roy View Post
Man I've got a 5 speed and u would see me in anything else. Its really the most fun I've ever had in a car
Till you at a track and a guy with a stalled auto with the same mods as you hands your *** to you.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #22
Filibuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Till you at a track and a guy with a stalled auto with the same mods as you hands your *** to you.
Hahahaha!!!...jerk!!...
Old 10-20-2011, 06:39 PM   #23
Road Trip!

Quote:
Hahahaha!!!...jerk!!...
Old 10-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Yeah ive seen your new fox its beautiful!..
She is pretty but she also has a little bit of electrical quirks to her
Old 10-20-2011, 09:02 PM   #25
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

I wish I had a Manual, and that's what I really wanted just for the fun of it.

A 100% match for me would've been GT triple black and a 5spd.
And I have almost the opposite.
When this Mustang came up it had a great price with low miles, it was a no brainier.
If I could change just 1 thing I'd go Manual. It would stink during traffic here. This won't be my last Mustang.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:03 PM   #26
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
I wish I had a Manual, and that's what I really wanted just for the fun of it.

A 100% match for me would've been GT triple black and a 5spd.
And I have almost the opposite.
When this Mustang came up it had a great price with low miles, it was a no brainier.
If I could change just 1 thing I'd go Manual. It would stink during traffic here. This won't be my last Mustang.
If you had a 2011 I would be like lets swap tranny's. LOL
Old 10-20-2011, 09:07 PM   #27
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

Quote:
Dang it! I wish I did! I'd be all over that. It'd be like a transplant right there in the shop kinda funny.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This auto hang-up is really getting to you man.Go for the manual record.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #29
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
This auto hang-up is really getting to you man.Go for the manual record.
LOL..we will see what it does when i put the blower on it.

I do have a feeling I will need a full slick.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:56 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
LOL..we will see what it does when i put the blower on it.

I do have a feeling I will need a full slick.
A feeling!!!I can bet you will.You will come out the gate like a damn cannon.You doing a sweet build man!Let me drive!
Old 10-20-2011, 10:01 PM   #31
Road Trip!

LOL...I have buddy still shooting for fastest N/A time.
He lives by me and I go drag racing with him. He already said he will strip his car to do it if needs.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
LOL...I have buddy still shooting for fastest N/A time.
He lives by me and I go drag racing with him. He already said he will strip his car to do it if needs.
I agree go for the record! It would be hella sweet if u bested that 10.2 run
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
I agree 100% with this! I love driving a manual, even if an auto will beat me on the track by two tenths or whatever. My car is a street car, it will MAYBE see the track once or twice a year. My first Mustang was an Auto and I sold it for a manual as well ... well that and to upgrade to a GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf View Post
I begged my parents to allow me to get manual, they wouldn't let me! :'(
That sucks, and I hate to be like this, but you should be glad your parents got you a Mustang. My first car was a 1992 Chevy Cavalier 4 cylinder that had been passed down from my grandpa who was no longer "allowed" to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
Manual is definitely fun to drive, I love my manual, haven't had one in about 10 years I rarely drive my stang, my DD is a 4 cyl auto so I have the best of both worlds a manual DD can get annoying I would imagine
I don't DD my Mustang, and I wouldn't want to with the manual. The clutch is way too heavy and has way too much travel for that. I do have a DD (Mazda 2) that is a 5spd and it's very manageable with a light clutch that has a short travel.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawJosey
I have an auto but wanted a manual. For years all vehicles less the newish Expedition(s) had manual trans. However I fractured my femur around the age of 17 and after years of driving standards that equated to cortisone shots about 6-8 times a year to help with the pain of driving. Like I said when I bought mine I wanted a manual but after talking it over, getting the shots to keep it seemed less then ideal. It's still a lot of fun to drive regardless of the automatic...but that's just my two cents.
Wow! I would've gone auto to! But like others have said.... With the new autos and a good tune they are just as effective at the strip and fun to drive on the street as the manuals! The benefit is in rush hour traffic you don't have to deal with the clutch! Haha
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

That sucks, and I hate to be like this, but you should be glad your parents got you a Mustang. My first car was a 1992 Chevy Cavalier 4 cylinder that had been passed down from my grandpa who was no longer "allowed" to drive.
Oh no no no! Are you kidding im more grateful for my stallion than anything else in the entire world. All of my time and money go into my cars, they're my pride and joy and I could never stop thanking my dad for allowing me to get one. So I am more than grateful for this blessing!
The reason they didn't want me to have a manual is because it "distracts you from the road" but with my experience with them I paid more attention, and they thought I would hate it with how much I drive but whenever I drive cars that are manual I live it. But I'm super glad with what I have and I couldn't ask for something better

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT