Taking my first trip to the track tonight! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:29 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: Taking my first trip to the track tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
That sucks

---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

How were u launching and what rpm?
My best runs were at 2500-3k launches. I'll post some strips later... At bw3 trying to imagine that I didn't run a 14.85... In all fairness I went sideways on that run though.
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2011, 10:32 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
My best runs were at 2500-3k launches. I'll post some strips later... At bw3 trying to imagine that I didn't run a 14.85... In all fairness I went sideways on that run though.
Whats your best pass so far??
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
Whats your best pass so far??
13.6 was the best I pulled off. I was babying it into second otherwise I would be all over the place.
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2011, 10:37 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
13.6 was the best I pulled off. I was babying it into second otherwise I would be all over the place.
You need tires Bad.At least you are getting some seat time in and just getting comfortable.Hang in there and enjoy!
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 10-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You need tires Bad.At least you are getting some seat time in and just getting comfortable.Hang in there and enjoy!
Definitely. I just need to figure out what to do for wheels/tires

1. Get decent tires for the 19s (hankook ventus v12 evo or similar)
2. Get staggered 18s and go with nt05s
3. Leave the stock tires and get some slicks and shinnies for the track

The biggest issue with #3 is that the track is over 30 miles away.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:43 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

It will get better do t worry. Practice makes perfection use the force u will find ur cars sweet spot!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:48 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I am in the same situation.I haven't even been to a track yet but do want to and will but I want to have tires.I got Hankooks 285/35/19's sitting in my garage with only a 1000 miles on them.245/40/19 (fronts)too.Want to put these 4 on but on a 9'' wheel, it will work but not exactly Ideal for it
Old 10-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #43
Road Trip!

Region: Texas

Quote:

Get the drag set up. I drive 150 miles each way to the track on bigs and skinnies. No issue,. And I also don't have a front sway bar. I also DD my car on bigs/skinnies. No issue. Now you are in Ohio so DD with them make it hard in the winter months

Hankooks will not handle the track any better then the stock tires. If go with the 19" route least get some 555's or KDWII's.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197 View Post
Yeah, BBR has great prices on their stuff as well as lethal performance. I need to get to a lower elevation! Here at almost 4,000 ft a new roush stage 2 with drag radials went 13.2.... Lol! A new 5.0 on street tires with cold oar and tune went 13.7. I don't know of you are interested in big and littles, but late model restoration and BBR have great deals on wheel and tire sets with drag radials, mounted and balanced for 1,500! Something to consider down the road.
The stage 2 Roush is a joke. A GT with cold air some stickers and extra weight with fancy bumpers. BIG WASTE OF MONEY!

I have ran at 3700ft and it sucks. But still should have went faster then that with them mods. Unless on street tires where traction is everything. Matter fact on street tires tune only at 3600 elev. we had a guys 5.0 running 12.8.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:17 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

I don't drive the car in the winter. Once they put down salt brine, or the temperature remains below freezing I leave it in the garage. If I went with dag radials, I would still keep my 19s with street tires on them.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

It will get better do t worry. Practice makes perfection use the force u will find ur cars sweet spot!
I'm sure I will be in the 12s with better weather and more practice. Every run I did was faster, I shaved 0.3 off my 60' and 1.3 off my et from the first run to the last.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:50 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't drive the car in the winter. Once they put down salt brine, or the temperature remains below freezing I leave it in the garage. If I went with dag radials, I would still keep my 19s with street tires on them.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

I'm sure I will be in the 12s with better weather and more practice. Every run I did was faster, I shaved 0.3 off my 60' and 1.3 off my et from the first run to the last.
What was your 60' time? It sounds like you won't be able to take advantage of your mods without tires. I was able to get down to 13.348 with a 2.096 60', without a burnout. But I'm running completely stock. I imagine the extra power you have is just making it tougher to get traction.

I have a thread in the "at the track" section, in case you want to look at my best time slips. I turned traction control off and launched at 3000 rpms...any higher sent me spinning through first gear. Once you get better tires, a higher launch rpm would be better.

FYI, a buddy of mine said next week might be the last test and tune for the year. Just giving you a heads up. I'm done racing until next year...hopefully I'll have tires by then.

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:08 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline247

What was your 60' time? It sounds like you won't be able to take advantage of your mods without tires. I was able to get down to 13.348 with a 2.096 60', without a burnout. But I'm running completely stock. I imagine the extra power you have is just making it tougher to get traction.

I have a thread in the "at the track" section, in case you want to look at my best time slips. I turned traction control off and launched at 3000 rpms...any higher sent me spinning through first gear. Once you get better tires, a higher launch rpm would be better.

FYI, a buddy of mine said next week might be the last test and tune for the year. Just giving you a heads up. I'm done racing until next year...hopefully I'll have tires by then.
Indeed... My best 60' was 2.164. I was really backing off in 1st and 2nd. Couldn't go wot until 3rd. I even let air out of my tires just to get traction. I was having better luck after doing a burnout, but I suspect this is because there was no way to drive around the water. If I didn't have to get my tires wet, a quick spin would have been enough.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:18 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

From what I have read and personal experience....... New LCA's will make all the difference in world on your launches. Just ordered mine from AM... hope they get here soon.... I am soooooo done with wheel hop.

How did you fair overall?
M3to5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:46 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
New to the site. I have a 2011 GT/CS manual that I took to the drag strip last month. The only thing iv done in axel back. The best 1/4 mile I ran was a 13.1 that was on stock tires no burnout.
2011CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:06 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0 View Post
From what I have read and personal experience....... New LCA's will make all the difference in world on your launches. Just ordered mine from AM... hope they get here soon.... I am soooooo done with wheel hop.

How did you fair overall?
What did you give for the LCA's if you don't mind me asking and what part #?
Old 10-22-2011, 07:07 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Good luck
jkn0dler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:11 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

I can really see the tire problem being major issue at track.Hell,even out here from stop light to stop light you got to roll into the throttle.If you don't feather it just breaks loose like crazy.You took advance trac off too -didn't you???

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CS View Post
New to the site. I have a 2011 GT/CS manual that I took to the drag strip last month. The only thing iv done in axel back. The best 1/4 mile I ran was a 13.1 that was on stock tires no burnout.
Thats not bad for the first time out on stock tires.Even with "road & track" #'s they had this problem.Stock car with tires runs easy upper 12's
Old 10-22-2011, 07:33 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Because it was my first time at the track I left the traction control on. I did make one pass with it off and all I did was spin. I can tell the car has a lot more in it but need diff tires.

---------- Post added at 06:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

This is me vs a buddy from work at the track in his camaro. I ran a 13.3 in this video and the camaro ran a 13.4

Check out this video on YouTube:

Old 10-22-2011, 07:37 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Because it was my first time at the track I left the traction control on. I did make one pass with it off and all I did was spin. I can tell the car has a lot more in it but need diff tires.

---------- Post added at 06:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

This is me vs a buddy from work at the track in his camaro. I ran a 13.3 in this video and the camaro ran a 13.4

Check out this video on YouTube:

Damn....You ran him down.Just shows how bad the tire problem is from a dig
Old 10-22-2011, 07:52 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

I know I ran tan a 13.3 in the video but the camaro time u might have got wrong

---------- Post added at 06:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

Another guy from my work brought his 2010 ss camaro. The camro had a tune, CAI, and other stuff done to it and the best it ran was a 13.8. The weeks before we went to the track all I heard about was how fast his car was and how it was mustang killer. It was one of the slowest cars there at test and tune day. He ran like 4 times and then became real quite the rest of the day. Haha
Old 10-22-2011, 07:55 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What did you give for the LCA's if you don't mind me asking and what part #?

Eibach Mustang Pro-Alignment Control Arm (05-12 All) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Car is parked for the winter so I am accumulating parts now for the spring
Next will be Ford Racing K springs and adjustable panhard bar
RTR Front splitter
New rims and tires

Should be ready for Race Wars next summer
Old 10-22-2011, 07:56 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I know I ran tan a 13.3 in the video but the camaro time u might have got wrong

---------- Post added at 06:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

Another guy from my work brought his 2010 ss camaro. The camro had a tune, CAI, and other stuff done to it and the best it ran was a 13.8. The weeks before we went to the track all I heard about was how fast his car was and how it was mustang killer. It was one of the slowest cars there at test and tune day. He ran like 4 times and then became real quite the rest of the day. Haha
That Camaro should have ran a little better.Driver error .Was it a manual???Talking bout the 2010.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:01 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah the 2010 was a manual and was also his first time at the track to. It's just funny because all of the crap he talked about it.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:02 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah the 2010 was a manual and was also his first time at the track to. It's just funny because all of the crap he talked about it.
Yeah.....seen his kind before.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:10 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
I can really see the tire problem being major issue at track.Hell,even out here from stop light to stop light you got to roll into the throttle.If you don't feather it just breaks loose like crazy.You took advance trac off too -didn't you???

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Thats not bad for the first time out on stock tires.Even with "road & track" #'s they had this problem.Stock car with tires runs easy upper 12's
Yes, Advacetrac was off, the full stop, brake in hold the button for 5 sec method. I tried running in sport mode once and I could feel it slowing me down.

Agreed on the tires. I didn't have a huge issue with wheel hop, just no traction. LCAs are still high on the list.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes, Advacetrac was off, the full stop, brake in hold the button for 5 sec method. I tried running in sport mode once and I could feel it slowing me down.

Agreed on the tires. I didn't have a huge issue with wheel hop, just no traction. LCAs are still high on the list.
Well I have a brembo and it comes with the gt500 LCA's hoping this is good with the summer p-zeros to get some decent times! Opinions?
Old 10-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well I have a brembo and it comes with the gt500 LCA's hoping this is good with the summer p-zeros to get some decent times! Opinions?
They are a lot better than the all season Pirellis, but there is always room for improvement. Those will benefit more from a burnout too.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Benzo......So are you saying us guys that have the Brembo car, that we already have the desired LCA's???If so, thats good to know.Did not know that.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang

Benzo......So are you saying us guys that have the Brembo car, that we already have the desired LCA's???If so, thats good to know.Did not know that.
Yep we sure do buddy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-960746166.png
Views:	181
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	33413

Read it and weep (for joy)!!
Old 10-22-2011, 09:50 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep we sure do buddy!

Attachment 33413

Read it and weep (for joy)!!
Thats really odd........ I get wheel hop worse than I have ever had in any car and I have the Brembo Package. I hope these Eibach LCA's eliminate this issue.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #65
Road Trip!

Region: Texas

Besides LCA's look into relocation brackets. Once you lower you will really need then. To move the LCA's back to where they should be. So they have a slight angle.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0

Thats really odd........ I get wheel hop worse than I have ever had in any car and I have the Brembo Package. I hope these Eibach LCA's eliminate this issue.
Whats even more odd is that I do not ha e one issue with wheel hop! Out of the 6 burnouts I have done in my car no wheel hop at all, and I burnedout all the way into third.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Whats even more odd is that I do not ha e one issue with wheel hop! Out of the 6 burnouts I have done in my car no wheel hop at all, and I burnedout all the way into third.

Really??? I uncovered the car today... because it was nice and took her for a spin and I launched on an empty road.... I damn near needed to go see the dentist afterwards.... wheel hop is horrible.

Do you have an auto or a manual?

OP sorry for taking the OFF TOPIC EXIT.... my bad!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0

Really??? I uncovered the car today... because it was nice and took her for a spin and I launched on an empty road.... I damn near needed to go see the dentist afterwards.... wheel hop is horrible.

Do you have an auto or a manual?

OP sorry for taking the OFF TOPIC EXIT.... my bad!!!
Manual
Old 10-24-2011, 10:24 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Here are the slips from Friday if anyone is interested. I think I was getting the launch dialed in towards the end, just couldnt keep the power going due to lack of traction.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:16 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Here are the slips from Friday if anyone is interested. I think I was getting the launch dialed in towards the end, just couldnt keep the power going due to lack of traction.
Looks good, very similar to my times. Were you launching with traction control off? What rpm were you launching at? I think with some warmer weather, you could've broken into 2.0 60' times.

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

« Undecided | SCT? »