SCT? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Re: SCT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisYoung View Post
I would say that our tunes are 99.99% of what you would get on a dyno(with the same mods, obviously) and that this has been tested/proven many times(Custom tune vs mail order dyno numbers - Ford Mustang Forums)

-Chris
The tune made great power for a mail order tune. But hard to compare to the other tune as they was not done same time. As it was mentioned in that thread these engine pick up some after break in. It also showed where the dyno tune was better.

I had a BBR tune. Made 446whp then I put a tune done with the help from Jon Lund. I made more power 450whp. It also solved my issues that I was having with the BBR tune also. But I then had a dyno tune done by Jeff Smith of Central Texas Performance and picked up 16whp and 12wtq on top of the other tune. I do run my car aggressive though. If I lose an engine I am not going to try cover under a warranty either though. It will be time for a built block and nothing less then 850whp.

As you said it is great you give a warranty. And for most that is sweet. Hard to beat that. But I have yet to see only one claim a Lund tune took his engine out. Yet he had 3 other tunes in his car before. They all had been switched out over and over also.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
What I'm curious of is was all these failures done in the early part of the tuning of these new engines or have there been any recently? Obviously if someone messed with the tune, ran wrong/bad fuel, or ran the car with different mods that were not tuned far then they are asking for it. Leave it to the professionals.
Dbsaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbsaints
What I'm curious of is was all these failures done in the early part of the tuning of these new engines or have there been any recently? Obviously if someone messed with the tune, ran wrong/bad fuel, or ran the car with different mods that were not tuned far then they are asking for it. Leave it to the professionals.
One of the reasons I went with steeda is cause I have not heard or read about them having any failures or problems period. Not to say anything bad about any body elses tune just they are a reputable company and have been moding mustangs for a long time. No doubt dyno tune is the way to go over shelf tunes! But for now until my mods are complete I will stick with steeda's tunes. In a few days I will be getting my LT's and xpipe on and hopefully I can find a dyno to see my gains. If I'm able I will get a before and after and post them.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT