hello all! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
hello all!

Hi everyone! I recently discovered this forum which is great cause I ordered a 2012 GT premium about 5 weeks ago. Black on black with 3.73 gears and brembo brakes, I'm pretty anxious to get it.... Anyways, had a question for those of you with tunes. From what I understand, an aftermarket tune will void your warranty if the dealer discovers it, right? Also, if you reflash it back to stock, can they still tell? Of course I want to get some more power, but at the same time I dont want to void the warranty on a brand new car. Is there any kind of official Ford tuner or something that wont crap on your warranty? Thanks for any info!
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: hello all!

Glad to have you on board

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Welcome!

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBeyond View Post
Hi everyone! I recently discovered this forum which is great cause I ordered a 2012 GT premium about 5 weeks ago. Black on black with 3.73 gears and brembo brakes, I'm pretty anxious to get it.... Anyways, had a question for those of you with tunes. From what I understand, an aftermarket tune will void your warranty if the dealer discovers it, right? Also, if you reflash it back to stock, can they still tell? Of course I want to get some more power, but at the same time I dont want to void the warranty on a brand new car. Is there any kind of official Ford tuner or something that wont crap on your warranty? Thanks for any info!
If you get a aftermarket tune they will void warranty on it. That be something fails. There is two guys on S197 now that had clutch issues that now has had warranty denied on it cause they had tune. They will know if you return it to stock also.

As far as Ford they had a tune out for it with there procal. Ford Racing Performance Parts

For max power gains and retain warranty ford offers a 525hp whipple kit http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=12168.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011BaseGT View Post
I just went through the same warranty denial on my clutch after 15,000 miles. Same exact failure where the disk material came off of the disk on the flywheel side.

They did not cover mine because I had LCA arms. They said that and my 285 tires caused the clutch to go. Total bs but I just paid the dealer the labor and installed an Exedy Mach 400 clutch.

I was told by the tech that the stock flywheel cannot be resurfaced so I went with a Ram Billet steel flywheel.

I think you'll be fine with the stock flywheel if there are no hot spots.

Not sure if you've purchased the clutch kit but I highly recommend the Exedy clutches. Their kit is the only one that comes with a new slave cylinder and throw out bearing.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

welcome
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captdistraction View Post
Just some info, as typically these are installed on a mcleod flywheel.

I'm going to use the stock flywheel, I'm completely out of funds, had to use the money for my monthly mortgage payment to repair the clutch on my car after Ford denied warranty coverage . The factory disk sheared the friction surface off the flywheel side, with no scoring, signs of abuse or heat/blue on any surfaces. The turkish built disks in these cars are a joke, and I've had two fall apart this way.

The car makes 400RWHP and will be revved to 7500rpm, the RXT is rated to 1k HP, 9k rpm. Despite the overhang, I should be ok.

This is in response to this thread on another mustang board (regarding Ford's absolute non-sense when it comes to warranty coverage):
Repeat clutch issue on my car...thoughts? - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Thoughts?
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:58 PM   #7
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana

welcome! love the black on black. thats what i'm hoping to get one day
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Welcome aboard.... great group of guys and gals on here.

Note to self.... Add Exedy Clutch to wish list
M3to5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Cool Re: hello all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6 View Post
welcome! love the black on black. thats what i'm hoping to get one day
Yea, i thought about another color cause black is hard to keep clean. But i knew id regret it later cause blacks always been my fav!

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Its gonna be weird to work on a mustang cause the only thing ive worked on in the past year is the new camaro, and occasional vettes and vipers. Ive always been a big mustang fan tho. Never owned one but when the new 5.0 came out i knew i must have one!
Old 10-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

welcome
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT