Difference between 11 and 12 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #1

Region: Texas
Difference between 11 and 12 GT

Is there any huge differences between the 2011 and the 2012 GT. like performance wise and handling, I know they did an update for the v6 this year and I was wondering of they did the same for the GT
DaLilSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Re: Difference between 11 and 12 GT

The 2011-2012 V6/V8 are the same. The 2010/2011-2012 are totally different.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #3

Oh really for some reason I Thought they changed something with the 2012 v6
DaLilSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaLilSmurf View Post
Oh really for some reason I Thought they changed something with the 2012 v6
No. The 2010 to 2011 got different engines and tranny's.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaLilSmurf
Is there any huge differences between the 2011 and the 2012 GT. like performance wise and handling, I know they did an update for the v6 this year and I was wondering of they did the same for the GT
The biggest difference is the 2012 gt comes with EPAS electronic power assist steering in three mode : comfort,normal, and sport. Vanity mirror lights also. Check out this sheet

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2542214966.png
Views:	1256
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	33629
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #6
Road Trip!

My 2011 has sport mode/traction control off/advance track off/traction control on LOL
Old 10-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
My 2011 has sport mode/traction control off/advance track off/traction control on LOL
Haha u don't have the electronic steering! lol
Old 10-27-2011, 09:14 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
IT was a joke.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:59 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Actually, yes he does. It's not just adjustable.

Other than that, the biggest change was the addition of the Boss 302 package as well as the addition of the Lava Red Metallic paint and matching interior.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:19 AM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Actually, yes he does. It's not just adjustable.

Other than that, the biggest change was the addition of the Boss 302 package as well as the addition of the Lava Red Metallic paint and matching interior.
I think he met it wasn't adjustable. Maybe not. They all have the electronic steering crap. BUT! some are not looking at removing it to save weight already. Plus manual rack and pinion.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:25 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
So long sort short- no there's no difference but if you could get either or for the exact same price you might as well have the new steering wheel adjustment capability lol
Old 10-28-2011, 05:55 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Quote:
The biggest difference is the 2012 gt comes with EPAS electronic power assist steering in three mode : comfort,normal, and sport. Vanity mirror lights also. Check out this sheet

Attachment 33629
I love those vanity mirror lights a big improvement. j/k LMAO

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
So long sort short- no there's no difference but if you could get either or for the exact same price you might as well have the new steering wheel adjustment capability lol
Yep, but don't forget the mirrors. LOL
Old 10-28-2011, 06:19 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I think he met it wasn't adjustable. Maybe not. They all have the electronic steering crap. BUT! some are not looking at removing it to save weight already. Plus manual rack and pinion.
Yes meant adjustable. And I'm always joking there is no fun in always being strung tight!

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd

I love those vanity mirror lights a big improvement. j/k LMAO

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Yep, but don't forget the mirrors. LOL
Yeah what a improvement! Lol that's some funny s***!lol
Old 10-28-2011, 06:45 AM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
Yes meant adjustable. And I'm always joking there is no fun in always being strung tight!

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Yeah what a improvement! Lol that's some funny s***!lol
I agree. Can't always be serious.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

And I think we all agree that these "features" are completely worthless. Sometimes I want to find the engineers at Ford and kick them in the head.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:49 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
And I think we all agree that these "features" are completely worthless. Sometimes I want to find the engineers at Ford and kick them in the head.
Agreed!
Old 10-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Majority of Mustang owners are not Mech Heads and could give a **** less about performance. A mustang is for status and more the gadgets it has..... the better for poser bragging rights. Ford marketers are probably making a killing on all these creature comforts. That being said, go drive an M3....3 engine modes, 6 Tranny modes, 4 steering modes and 3 suspension modes all plus 1 when you push the magic "M" button on the steering wheel. All you had to do in that car is point it in the right direction...lol
M3to5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:42 PM   #18
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0 View Post
Majority of Mustang owners are not Mech Heads and could give a **** less about performance. A mustang is for status and more the gadgets it has..... the better for poser bragging rights. Ford marketers are probably making a killing on all these creature comforts. That being said, go drive an M3....3 engine modes, 6 Tranny modes, 4 steering modes and 3 suspension modes all plus 1 when you push the magic "M" button on the steering wheel. All you had to do in that car is point it in the right direction...lol
It should have that for the price. Yet it got out ran by a 5.0 at the drag strip. Where the mustang shines. Then it only used its high speedness to edge the mustang on a road course.

Then it gets killed by the Boss everywhere. Gets killed luxury wise and performance wise by a CTS-V.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:07 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It should have that for the price. Yet it got out ran by a 5.0 at the drag strip. Where the mustang shines. Then it only used its high speedness to edge the mustang on a road course.

Then it gets killed by the Boss everywhere. Gets killed luxury wise and performance wise by a CTS-V.
I like how this guy thinks! I concur once again!
Old 10-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0
I'm gonna have to disagree... Mustangs started as the affordable sports car and still are, they actually lack gadgets/luxury compared to other vehicles and people buy them for the speed... The base Gt with 3.73s beats the m3 at everything and that's why people buy it... It definitely doesn't have the gadgets/luxury/status of the m3
Old 10-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm gonna have to disagree... Mustangs started as the affordable sports car and still are, they actually lack gadgets/luxury compared to other vehicles and people buy them for the speed... The base Gt with 3.73s beats the m3 at everything and that's why people buy it... It definitely doesn't have the gadgets/luxury/status of the m3

Dont believe the hype.... the M3 will destroy a stock 5.0 on a track and top end???.... Dont think any Mustangs are hitting 180mph stock. This I can personally verify as I just sold my 11 M3. Friend of mine with an exhaust and tune just hit 203 mph.

The Mustang is a helleva lot more fun to drive though. And bang for the buck.... you are hard pressed to find a better vehicle than the Mustang... which is why I sold the M3... that and 890 a month payments and 300 a month Insurance was kickin my ***. I bought the wife a new fully loaded BMW X3 and the Mustang for myself, and I pay less a month for both than I did for the M3 alone.
M3to5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:04 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
You do realize the hypocrisy in this statement right? Talking about gadgets, dang who really needs 6 Transmission modes. IMO the BMW is more for bragging rights than the mustang being as its more of a luxury car.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Dont believe the hype.... the M3 will destroy a stock 5.0 on a track and top end???.... Dont think any Mustangs are hitting 180mph stock. This I can personally verify as I just sold my 11 M3. Friend of mine with an exhaust and tune just hit 203 mph.

The Mustang is a helleva lot more fun to drive though. And bang for the buck.... you are hard pressed to find a better vehicle than the Mustang... which is why I sold the M3... that and 890 a month payments and 300 a month Insurance was kickin my ***. I bought the wife a new fully loaded BMW X3 and the Mustang for myself, and I pay less a month for both than I did for the M3 alone.
I pull on the m3 from a roll and from a dig, my business partner bought one a week after I got my 5.0... I don't pull much... But it's pretty consistent and were both stock. This happen a lot lol

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang

You do realize the hypocrisy in this statement right? Talking about gadgets, dang who really needs 6 Transmission modes. IMO the BMW is more for bragging rights than the mustang being as its more of a luxury car.
Exactly
Old 10-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Oh and to say the m3 will destroy the mustang is way off. You need to go and check motortrend, they are pretty much equal in all things, power, 1/4 mile, braking and track, with the m3 only beating the mustang by.09 secs around the track. Everything else the mustang nudged its way past the m3.

Old 10-28-2011, 06:29 PM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:
I pull on the m3 from a roll and from a dig, my business partner bought one a week after I got my 5.0... I don't pull much... But it's pretty consistent and were both stock. This happen a lot lol

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Exactly
This!

Ran 2 new M3's when I was bone stock. From about 20-140. I pulled the whole time. I really could care less if I can go 180mph top speed. As I will never have chance to do it less I can do it at the TX mile.

The mustang has went low 12's bone stock while the M3 still hasn't. EVen with its fancy M button and launch control.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh and to say the m3 will destroy the mustang is way off. You need to go and check motortrend, they are pretty much equal in all things, power, 1/4 mile, braking and track, with the m3 only beating the mustang by.09 secs around the track. Everything else the mustang nudged its way past the m3.
Boss 302 beat the M3 in all areas of performance! As far as the gt stock I would say that is dam impressive for a mustang gt to keep up with a M3! IMO the M3 is no wear worth the price!! Not at all! For the price of the m3 I can customize my gt interior to be way more luxurious than a M3!! say what u want but the truth hurts sometimes!!
Old 10-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I remember that, and dont forget when they put the same r compound tires on the gt it actually ran the same time
Old 10-28-2011, 07:35 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

Boss 302 beat the M3 in all areas of performance! As far as the gt stock I would say that is dam impressive for a mustang gt to keep up with a M3! IMO the M3 is no wear worth the price!! Not at all! For the price of the m3 I can customize my gt interior to be way more luxurious than a M3!! say what u want but the truth hurts sometimes!!
That's exactly what the difference is..the GT is Bang For Buck and the M3 is completely different in the sense that it does every well. Performance, luxury, status, tech. Bang for Buck Mustangs win hands down. Guess the BMW is the rich mans Mustang, the excessive cost is part of the attraction IMO. Like a Porsche, Lotus or a Benz Non
Old 10-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #29
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
That's exactly what the difference is..the GT is Bang For Buck and the M3 is completely different in the sense that it does every well. Performance, luxury, status, tech. Bang for Buck Mustangs win hands down. Guess the BMW is the rich mans Mustang, the excessive cost is part of the attraction IMO. Like a Porsche, Lotus or a Benz Non
I would take a new Z06 over the M3. Same price range and its faster in every way and I think better in every way. Hell in that case a 2012 GTR over both them. All in same price range.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:17 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

I would take a new Z06 over the M3. Same price range and its faster in every way and I think better in every way. Hell in that case a 2012 GTR over both them. All in same price range.
+1 I prefer a Porsche myself. Cayman R's are what I like personally.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #31
Road Trip!

Quote:
+1 I prefer a Porsche myself. Cayman R's are what I like personally.
Until it gets smoked..hahahahah..How much a new one run?

Just looked at price. 69,000 Euro's. For real. And it isn't as fast as a Z06/GTR.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:57 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

Until it gets smoked..hahahahah..How much a new one run?

Just looked at price. 69,000 Euro's. For real. And it isn't as fast as a Z06/GTR.
Nope, just what I like.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #33
Road Trip!

Quote:
Nope, just what I like.
We like what we like.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:03 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

I definitely wouldn't mind a Porsche carrera gt.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

I like all of Porsche's line up really. The Panamera is cool too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT