Another Header question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-29-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Another Header question

So i have Roush A/B's. Love them. I am thinking of getting some Long tubes and X Pipe. Question is, Will the LT's and xpipe make my car Obnoxious Loud? or will it still sound real good just a bit louder?

OrganDonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 06:05 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganDonor

So i have Roush A/B's. Love them. I am thinking of getting some Long tubes and X Pipe. Question is, Will the LT's and xpipe make my car Obnoxious Loud? or will it still sound real good just a bit louder?
Not sure yet I have the roush and am installing SW LT's and o/r x pipe In a few days! Will let u know how it goes! I'm thinking it's Gona sound great! But will definitely be loud at higher rpm's.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:17 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Another Header question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Not sure yet I have the roush and am installing SW LT's and o/r x pipe In a few days! Will let u know how it goes! I'm thinking it's Gona sound great! But will definitely be loud at higher rpm's.
Please let me know how you like it. What tune will you be using?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 06:23 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Please let me know how you like it. What tune will you be using?
I have free tunes with steeda through stage3 motorsports. Will use. Steeda til I can get dyno tuned.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:26 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

If i do get the headers, the place that will install for me will do a Dyno tune for $250, that a fair price? or should i order the SCT with free tunes for life ?

Old 10-30-2011, 06:34 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If i do get the headers, the place that will install for me will do a Dyno tune for $250, that a fair price? or should i order the SCT with free tunes for life ?
For a custom dyno tune 250$ is not bad. U have to have a SCT tuner to do any tune! If any thing get the bama sct tuner u will get free tunes for life then go get dyno tuned. If they tell u they can tune it with out the tuner don't get tuned there!!

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Any questions hit me up
Old 10-30-2011, 09:53 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
$250 is very fair. PCM charges $250 for N/A dyno tunes, Fastlane told me $300. I'm in Raleigh NC.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:09 AM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganDonor View Post
Where in texas are you?

You don't have to have a SCT for a dyno tune. They can connect the laptop yup to the car with the right cable. More then likely they have it.

When getting a dyno tune make sure the shop has done some 5.0's. They have experience in tuning them.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Oh and I have them same rims...Love the Kona Blue.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

With the Roush Axle backs it is going to be pretty loud with LT's. But some of us like loud.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Where in texas are you?

You don't have to have a SCT for a dyno tune. They can connect the laptop yup to the car with the right cable. More then likely they have it.

When getting a dyno tune make sure the shop has done some 5.0's. They have experience in tuning them.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

With the Roush Axle backs it is going to be pretty loud with LT's. But some of us like loud.
Yes that is correct but I don't know any shops that will do that. Most shops will make u buy a Tuner to get a tune. I called around about that and they all told me I had to purchase a tuner. But if u can find a shop that will accommodate u good for u.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Where in texas are you?

Can u still save ur stock settings when doing it with a laptop right?
Old 10-30-2011, 11:24 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
The prices I posted were for them programing my chip and dyno pulls(3@ fastlane)
Old 10-30-2011, 12:10 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Yes that is correct but I don't know any shops that will do that. Most shops will make u buy a Tuner to get a tune. I called around about that and they all told me I had to purchase a tuner. But if u can find a shop that will accommodate u good for u.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Can u still save ur stock settings when doing it with a laptop right?
True just have find right shop is all.

Also yes they could still save your stock file.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:52 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
Where in texas are you?

Fort Worth, will be taking my car to Gear Heads in Arlington. I think all they do is Mustangs, read a lot of good things about them. The Laptop way must be how they do it, cause they didn't tell me to buy a tuner.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Fort Worth, will be taking my car to Gear Heads in Arlington. I think all they do is Mustangs, read a lot of good things about them. The Laptop way must be how they do it, cause they didn't tell me to buy a tuner.
U may want to ask before u drive out there or at lease have about 380$ available for spending in case they push u to buy one.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT