Engine seized! 2012 gt 5.0 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:32 PM   #36
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Sounds like customer no service central! It's pretty bad you had to even ask for help, it's even worse you had to call Ford before something got done. Fourtanlty all the dealers around me seem to be courteous. Quick- not so much. It once took me 4hours to get an oil change. But I was greeted promptly.
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2011, 05:19 PM   #37

Region: Virginia
Re: Engine ceased! 2012 gt 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
The ford hot line is great. Want them really make the dealer jump through *** talk to them about a buy back fo rthe lemon law. It works. I know first hand.

Was it with Ford and a Mustang?
8WOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:50 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8WOOD View Post
So the tech looked at the car, say the engine is gone. He said the oil is pretty much gone but the block is not broke and there is no sign of it leaking out. I know the car was full when 3 days ago because I checked it. He says the car must have been burning it off, which is possible but it hard to believe. I don't know I guess I sh ould have checked it more... But its brand new! Regardless the tech said ford is going to replace it. Still waiting on the official word though. They have not torn into it yet to see what exactly went wrong. I'll post it when I know.
That sucks! It will be interesting to see what they find is the cause for all the oil being gone.

---------- Post added at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Ha ha nope no fiesta. Well the "service adviser" ignored me when I was standing in his door way and said "are you free." So I just stood there and stared at him uncomfortably till he said about 1 minute later "can I help you." He basically told me that they'll get to it when they get to it.I said Ok i scheduled an appointment at 9 does that count for anything? He said nope. I said ok, "well I'm stranded I need to know if Ford is going to provide me with a car till its fixed." He said we don't do that anymore. So I started calling Ford's hotline right outside his office. I was about half way through my conversation with Connie when I saw the tech go look at my car try to turn it on, check the oil, and crawl under it. I walked over to the car, still talking to Connie, when I worker drove up and said we have a rental car for you! Ha ha I guess they still offer rentals. It's a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
The power of a phone call. Good for you man!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2011, 08:18 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8WOOD
So the tech looked at the car, say the engine is gone. He said the oil is pretty much gone but the block is not broke and there is no sign of it leaking out. I know the car was full when 3 days ago because I checked it. He says the car must have been burning it off, which is possible but it hard to believe. I don't know I guess I sh ould have checked it more... But its brand new! Regardless the tech said ford is going to replace it. Still waiting on the official word though. They have not torn into it yet to see what exactly went wrong. I'll post it when I know.
I just saw the post so you may have said this already but isn't there an oil light on the dash that lights up if the oil is low, I know my 1989 has it but I have never checked for that light in my new car. It's like you said the car is new so you don't really check for that right away.
Mef5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #40

Re: Engine seized! 2012 gt 5.0

Update on my Engine. The service supervisor told me that they shipped my engine back to Ford because it is a "reoccurring issue" they wish to investigate in the coyote engine. They told me that a new engine would be shipped out and installed by tomorrow. I'm waiting to see how that goes. Additionally, they took my credit card number in case damages were occurred to my "free rental." Open my statement and I'm being charged for the rental. So now I'm dealing with that.

Am I wrong or should I be pushing for something more than an engine replacement. I bought a "new car" because I wanted a reliable, hassle-free, and fun vehicle. People purchase "new cars" because they don't want to take a chance of buying a used car that does not work. They expect it to be reliable. But here I am with a new car that had catastrophic failure, which I payed over 30k for; being treated like **** from a Ford dealer; using a rental car that smells like smoke and being charged for. Why am I taking this? I feel like I should be getting a new car or all of my money back.

Things keep getting more and more frustrating.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:21 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Update on my Engine. The service supervisor told me that they shipped my engine back to Ford because it is a "reoccurring issue" they wish to investigate in the coyote engine. They told me that a new engine would be shipped out and installed by tomorrow. I'm waiting to see how that goes. Additionally, they took my credit card number in case damages were occurred to my "free rental." Open my statement and I'm being charged for the rental. So now I'm dealing with that.

Am I wrong or should I be pushing for something more than an engine replacement. I bought a "new car" because I wanted a reliable, hassle-free, and fun vehicle. People purchase "new cars" because they don't want to take a chance of buying a used car that does not work. They expect it to be reliable. But here I am with a new car that had catastrophic failure, which I payed over 30k for; being treated like **** from a Ford dealer; using a rental car that smells like smoke and being charged for. Why am I taking this? I feel like I should be getting a new car or all of my money back.

I think you should start talking to a lawyer if you want either of those things. Also, they should not be charging you for the rental unless you approved such charges verbally or in writing.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #42
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

I'm gonna trade in for a Chevy Volt.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:42 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas

Quote:

Keep us informed what transpires... Good luck...

07 Roush 427R, Brembo 14" rotor and four piston calipers

05 GT Mustang, FRPP, FR X pipe, Hurst short throw,
American Racing Torque Thrust 10X20 wheels,
Granettelli tower brace, custom painted flat black grafix, Yellow Optima
Beav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:21 AM   #44
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
I'm gonna trade in for a Chevy Volt.
HAHA..My wife sells them. They are not as good as people believe. LOL. DOn't really get all that 100mpg crap either. They had one customer return one already cause it was to small.

Now they should not be charging you for the rental. You need to call the Ford customer hotline. Also I would cancel the charges on my CC. Simply tell them you did not authorize them. Then I would be back at ford making a scene in front of everyone. Till they get the **** right. When call Hotline tell them you feel getting ripped off. That you are being charged for the rental. That you feel they should do a buy back and offer you a new car.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Man all that stuff sucks good luck and keep us postsed I hope you win.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:54 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

jesus this sounds terrible. sounds like you got screwed on your dealership choice. i would definitely consult a lawyer about getting them to buy it back on a lemon law, but it might be too late because theyre already repairing it either way i would look into it

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:16 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

When I bought mine I went to a Mustang expert and he said forget the break in period and drive that B---h like I stole it....If it breaks your golden and if it doesn't your golden....10,000 miles was the magic number....Knock on wood so far so good and she runs like a dream...The only issue I have had with the car is me and my Ford dealer got into an argument about oil capacities...They said 6 I said 8 , it was truly a sad day for that dealership...Not only were they wrong but they lost my business and everyone I talk too also. 6 quarts in a 5.0 what the hell where they thinking...
itsme37421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:16 PM   #48

Did not get the car back because the engine just got here today I was told. Why did you originally tell me it would be done today then? Ha ha. Got to love them.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:53 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Did not get the car back because the engine just got here today I was told. Why did you originally tell me it would be done today then? Ha ha. Got to love them.
because it was a dealership lol

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:30 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

When you get it back I would get a direct # to someone with Ford's R&D department. I would want a contact to find out what,why and ETC. happen to that motor. They may never be truthful but I would try to get some contact with ford. NOT the dealer. You can forget it with them ever giving you a straight answer. They are not even interested really. All they care about is getting in somebody's wallet period. Just the nature of the business. Keep us posted man.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #51

I got my Mustang back today. They wouldn't tell me what happened to it, and I couldn't locate the tech who operated on her, but service sheet says "there was excessive scaring on the cams due to lack of lubrication. Removed drain plug, removed only 3 qts of oil. Removed spark plugs no sign of excessive oil consumption.

The car runs good, however there is a nice burning of plastics smell now, maybe due to new exhaust manifold gaskets. The alignment is way off now too, so I have to get the fixed. Why would they mess with the alignment? The service sheet says "handlg handlg" I don't know if that has something to do with it. The clutch is also much lighter than before. I noticed they ordered a new fly wheel, cylinder assembly, and bearing/needle assembly parts. Why would you do that if you were installing a new engine?
Old 11-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

you will most likely be getting a new engine good luck with everything and keep us posted
5.ohhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:51 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme37421
When I bought mine I went to a Mustang expert and he said forget the break in period and drive that B---h like I stole it....If it breaks your golden and if it doesn't your golden....10,000 miles was the magic number....Knock on wood so far so good and she runs like a dream...The only issue I have had with the car is me and my Ford dealer got into an argument about oil capacities...They said 6 I said 8 , it was truly a sad day for that dealership...Not only were they wrong but they lost my business and everyone I talk too also. 6 quarts in a 5.0 what the hell where they thinking...
Lol! This a a common thing... They drink more oil than a hemi... The first 4 times I got my oil changed they charged me for 5 quarts and said "oh ****... We didn't realize it was gonna take 8... Forget about it we won't charge you for the rest"

They wised up recently.

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Quote:
I got my Mustang back today. They wouldn't tell me what happened to it, and I couldn't locate the tech who operated on her, but service sheet says "there was excessive scaring on the cams due to lack of lubrication. Removed drain plug, removed only 3 qts of oil. Removed spark plugs no sign of excessive oil consumption.

The car runs good, however there is a nice burning of plastics smell now, maybe due to new exhaust manifold gaskets. The alignment is way off now too, so I have to get the fixed. Why would they mess with the alignment? The service sheet says "handlg handlg" I don't know if that has something to do with it. The clutch is also much lighter than before. I noticed they ordered a new fly wheel, cylinder assembly, and bearing/needle assembly parts. Why would you do that if you were installing a new engine?
I'm not sure about the plastic smell but I get a distinct odor every time I hit the gas hard, the alignment being off is bull****, they should have given it to you with no issues. Not new issues... Wtf.

And not explaining what went wrong? That's shady.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:11 AM   #54
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo

Lol! This a a common thing... They drink more oil than a hemi... The first 4 times I got my oil changed they charged me for 5 quarts and said "oh ****... We didn't realize it was gonna take 8... Forget about it we won't charge you for the rest"

They wised up recently.

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

I'm not sure about the plastic smell but I get a distinct odor every time I hit the gas hard, the alignment being off is bull****, they should have given it to you with no issues. Not new issues... Wtf.

And not explaining what went wrong? That's shady.
I smell the same odor when I go WOT too. I figured it might be friction from the clutch. It's not slipping but there's defiantly a tremendous amount of torque.

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

Quote:

I would demand a new mustang. Like you said. You bought a new car! Not some reconditioned lemon. Demand a replacement!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:10 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

great thread here !
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:29 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Sorry to here that with a new car purchase, that sucks and I hope they make it right for you.

New Orleans FaceBook Mustang Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewOrleansS550/
rm2092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:20 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

I would check Lemon laws. Also would demand a new car. You have to make sure you keep all copies of emails and phone records in case you need a lawyer.
Spanishmackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #58
Road Trip!

Quote:
Was it with Ford and a Mustang?
Yes it was. I hd a misfire code. That would not go away. Dealer gave me run around at first cause they said waiting on engineer from ford. The dealer actually told me call it. They gave me number and all. I mentionedf buy back and the engineer was there next day. HMMM
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanishmackie View Post
I would check Lemon laws. Also would demand a new car. You have to make sure you keep all copies of emails and phone records in case you need a lawyer.
Lemon law requires the same thing break three times, it's also very granular. I had a friend who bought a new Ford truck and had the transmission break three times. He lost his lemon law case because it was three different components in the transmission that failed.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #60

Yeah, I am going to bring up I should be getting a replacement car to the Ford hotline rep. Before I left Quantico, I tried to get the off alignment of the steering wheel fixed (it has been that way from the beginning) and they said they had to order a new camber bolt, well they didn't get the part in time before I moved. Now, that the engine has been replaced the steering wheel alignment is even more ridiculously off, so i took it in today again (30 minute drive) and they said they had to order "shims" to align it. First OFF WHY THE HELL DOES A FACTORY CAR HAVE TO BE ALIGNED, 2nd WHY DOES IT NEED PARTS TO GET IT ALIGNED? Ha Yes I am yelling.

My question is what is with the shims vs the new camber bolt?
Old 11-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Not to sure on our cars platform....But I know some platforms when you pull motor they may have took loose the engine cradle but again not sure if it has a true cradle on these.I can see alighment getting off with a motor swap maybe but sure as hell not give it back to ya with a alighnment issue.I feel your pain and aggravation though.Hang in there man.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #62
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
I'd stop messing with this dealer now that the car runs. Find another Ford dealer with better customer service. From what it sounds like, they don't need your business.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #63

Region: Florida

Sorry for your problems. Was the dealer you went to World Ford?????
2013CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

omg this just makes me wanna buy a challenger instead lol this is bad bad ****.
i cant belive this.
ive heard so many small horror stories but this is ridiculous. i cant deal with that.
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
omg this just makes me wanna buy a challenger instead lol this is bad bad ****.
i cant belive this.
ive heard so many small horror stories but this is ridiculous. i cant deal with that.
Yup, the service manager the real one, the actual guy over the entire shop, told me that this is not the first engine they'd replaced under 5,000 miles. He said, ford thinks that some of the engines are coming of the line burning almost 5 quarts of oil under 3,000 miles... WTF!
Old 11-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yup, the service manager the real one, the actual guy over the entire shop, told me that this is not the first engine they'd replaced under 5,000 miles. He said, ford thinks that some of the engines are coming of the line burning almost 5 quarts of oil under 3,000 miles... WTF!
im so sorry, i just spoke with the fam and they all agree that i should wait for the 2013 and i will. hopefully those cars will be more realiable.
either way still test drivining a 392 hemi challenger next sat lol

im sorry for all the crap you had to go through bro, it makes people very bitter towards ford and truth be told the mustang is one sick car.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

I'm at at 1300miles and am going to be checking my oil a lot. Good luck. I'm very happy I got the V6.
Spanishmackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:40 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I've got just over 9000 an when car is not quite warmed up if I throttle up I sometimes get a kick almost like a misfire. Wonder if this is a concern or just because car isn't quite fully warmed up? I'd be really ticked if my engine seized but yet would want it to happen under warentee.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloka
I've got just over 9000 an when car is not quite warmed up if I throttle up I sometimes get a kick almost like a misfire. Wonder if this is a concern or just because car isn't quite fully warmed up? I'd be really ticked if my engine seized but yet would want it to happen under warentee.
Just more reasons not to buy the 2012 for me!
Old 11-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
17,000 miles on my 2011 with brembo pkg. 100 miles a day daily driver no problems here and no oil consumption. And will never drive a Mitsubishi oops I mean dodge.
MarkUA322 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2012 gt