Airbag Module FYI - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-30-2011, 05:08 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Airbag Module FYI

I experienced a airbag light at 10k miles and had to go to the Dealer. After 3 visits and a call to the 'hotline' from the Dealer, a defective airbag was found. Ok, so no big deal there, BUT... During a prior trip I had a cup of coffee (with lid) in the cup holder, and during a fun 0-60 run some of the coffee sloshed rearward, down into the storage area to the rear of the cup holder. Again, not a big deal, BUT... Under the (not water tight) bolt holes in that compartment is THE AIRBAG MODULE, and that little bit of coffee found its way into the connectors of said module.
The Dealer was able to repair the defective airbag, and the coffee didn't cause any damage to the module. BUT, the module is not 'coffee-tight' (or any other fluid type).
Just wanted to pass on this info, to keep others from damaging what I'm sure is a VERY expensive electronic part.
MedxGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 05:14 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: Airbag Module FYI

This is why I don't drink and drive. LOL

Good to know they fixed the issue.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:16 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedxGT
I experienced a airbag light at 10k miles and had to go to the Dealer. After 3 visits and a call to the 'hotline' from the Dealer, a defective airbag was found. Ok, so no big deal there, BUT... During a prior trip I had a cup of coffee (with lid) in the cup holder, and during a fun 0-60 run some of the coffee sloshed rearward, down into the storage area to the rear of the cup holder. Again, not a big deal, BUT... Under the (not water tight) bolt holes in that compartment is THE AIRBAG MODULE, and that little bit of coffee found its way into the connectors of said module.
The Dealer was able to repair the defective airbag, and the coffee didn't cause any damage to the module. BUT, the module is not 'coffee-tight' (or any other fluid type).
Just wanted to pass on this info, to keep others from damaging what I'm sure is a VERY expensive electronic part.
Since ur talking about air bags I have a question. Does your car always say that the passenger airbag is off. Even when someone sits on it the light pops up. Idk if it's defective or what
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 05:19 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Good to know! Always ask for the little green plug at Starbucks... It corks it quite well and keeps in the heat
Old 10-30-2011, 06:23 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: Airbag Module FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
This is why I don't drink and drive. LOL

Good to know they fixed the issue.
Ditto... I have had my Stang for a year, and still no food or open containers allowed. and Bonus for me, the wife wont ride anywhere with me unless we take her car cause i wont let her bring a drink or snack.

OrganDonor is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT