Tuned Autos - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Tuned Autos

M just curious to see who has an auto and who is it tuned by and if there has been any problems. My problem comes when just cruising around town or just leaving a stop light under light acceleration. Engine starts surging and drives me nuts. If I give it more gas it goes away but still embarrassing and aggravating.
Dbsaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Re: Tuned Autos

my 06 v6 has a tuner , i've had no problems .........
Old 11-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I have an auto GT tuned by Bama. I'd been driving with the Street tune on it, but just today decided to re-flash and put the Race tune on. No problems at all- except that it's improved my gas mileage so much it took forever to run out my tank of 87 gas so I could fill up with 93 and switch the tune
Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
RVAStang05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2011, 03:50 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Texas

Who's tune are you running? You should not be surging.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'm running a Bama tune. I currently have the 93 performance but it did the same with the race tune. I've talked to them and they are supposed to get back with me. Also been throwing P219A code. But I'm thinking I may have something loose somewhere. I'm going to try to get under the car tomorrow. I don't hear an exhaust leak but it may be a loose o2 sensor or something.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:29 AM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Texas

Here is what ford says causes the p219a code. i just figured this would be useful information for anyone else who has this pop up.

p219a- Air Fuel Raito Imbalance Bank 1

Possible Causes Leaking or contaminated fuel injectors, Low fuel pressure, or running out of fuel, Leaking EVAP purge valve, Exhaust or intake air system leaks, Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system, Positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) system is leaking or the valve is stuck open, Ignition system, Incorrectly seated engine oil dipstick, tube or oil fill cap, Base engine concerns.

Do you have a cold air or Boss intake? If so check all connections. Is your tune done for a O/R X pipe? Being rear O2 sensors are turned off? I know some one else had this and they had a lose connection on there boss intake sensor.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:43 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAStang05
I have an auto GT tuned by Bama. I'd been driving with the Street tune on it, but just today decided to re-flash and put the Race tune on. No problems at all- except that it's improved my gas mileage so much it took forever to run out my tank of 87 gas so I could fill up with 93 and switch the tune
For some reason I've lost like 1-2mpg. I have a 2010 GT Auto with JLT CAI & tune
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:53 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

What Octane gas are you running? Should be using the higher Octane gas in it especially after a Tune.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:10 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I have the JLT, I've checked everything with that being connected and tight. I do have an o/r x and and yes it is tuned for it. I even data logged. They are writing me some new tunes but I my guess is something came loose on the exhaust. The new time is really just for the auto surging.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
What Octane gas are you running? Should be using the higher Octane gas in it especially after a Tune.
I use 91 octane which is the Highest level here in Cali were I live
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO

I use 91 octane which is the Highest level here in Cali were I live
Us southerners have good ole 93 oct and still have gas stations that are non ethanol!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:08 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Us southerners have good ole 93 oct and still have gas stations that are non ethanol!
I think every state but CA still has 93 octane, but I might be wrong on that. All the gas stations around here do put ethanol in their fuel though. I suppose I don't mind as long as it's not damaging my fuel system.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I got my new tunes but haven't tried them yet so we will see how they work. I also got a 4th gear lock dyno tune and I will be going do a few pulls tomorrow in baton rouge.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:42 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbsaints
I got my new tunes but haven't tried them yet so we will see how they work. I also got a 4th gear lock dyno tune and I will be going do a few pulls tomorrow in baton rouge.
Hell yeah!! Wish I could go wit ya but the ole lady has my balls in her purse!lol will be one day behind u though! Makin a few pulls!
Old 11-03-2011, 06:17 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I've thinking about it and I realize now I can't win. If I put down the numbers I think I will I'm just going to want more and if I put down less then I'm just going to be pissed lol. Can't win.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:42 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

JUST remember, MPH and MPG do not go together with each other. The more HP you try to make, the more MPGs go away. There is nothing wrong with wanting a litle more HP, but don't get in the mode of complaining about MPGs.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:59 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbsaints View Post
I've thinking about it and I realize now I can't win. If I put down the numbers I think I will I'm just going to want more and if I put down less then I'm just going to be pissed lol. Can't win.
The mod bug has bitten another one ... welcome to the hell we all share!
Old 11-03-2011, 10:02 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

This ain't my first rodeo lol. This is my 4th stang. I had a garage full of parts before I took delivery of the car.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Quote:
This ain't my first rodeo lol. This is my 4th stang. I had a garage full of parts before I took delivery of the car.
This is my first auto and probably my last lol. If it was 100% drag car then it would be fine but it gets boring around town.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

So I go to do the dyno this morning. 4 hour round trip to find out that my new "dyno tune" won't stay in 4th. Wasted day and money. Thanks Bama.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

What do you mean it won't stay in fourth?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

It downshifts on the dyno. With the dyno tune it is supposed to stay in forth.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It downshifts on the dyno. With the dyno tune it is supposed to stay in forth.
Will be going tomorrow buddy for my dyno session! We will see what I'm putting down
Old 11-04-2011, 12:15 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I hope u have better luck then me. To be honest the first pull he made the car kinda scared me at first cuz it jumped like crazy lol. Wasn't expecting it to down shift.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:24 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Interesting. Im not sure how you would make it stay in fourth gear. I've never heard of a Bama Dyno Tune. Did you have them specially write this just to dyno your car, and if so what does that really prove if it's not streetable? I believe their test car is an automatic, if you call them they may be able to give you some insight regarding this.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
Interesting. Im not sure how you would make it stay in fourth gear. I've never heard of a Bama Dyno Tune. Did you have them specially write this just to dyno your car, and if so what does that really prove if it's not streetable? I believe their test car is an automatic, if you call them they may be able to give you some insight regarding this.
I've called them several times about it. I called them while it was on the dyno. What does it prove? It just allows you to do a dyno pull in an auto. How else would u do it? All I did is call them and asked for a
Dyno tune for my car, nothing special.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:00 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

what type of "tune" is it, is it an off the shelf one size fits all or a real tune? If its a real tune then take it back to the tuner and have them adjust it.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

It's the same 93 race tune that I've been running from Bama. The difference is in the trans. With the dyno version is quickly up shifts to 4th then is supposed to hold that gear and not down or up shift so I can get a full pull. I called them while I was on the dyno and they told me the tune looked fine. They later sent me another one but that does nothing for me as it was a 4 hour round trip drive and $150 waste.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT