new car delivery time? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
new car delivery time?

hi guys. its been 6 weeks today since I ordered my new 5.0 and I am curious how long it took some of you to get yours? Well those of you who ordered them new anyway. I am staying awake at night thinking about driving my new mustang! They told me 6 to 8 weeks but sometimes people get them sooner. I guess I may just need some encouragement....
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 12:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: new car delivery time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBeyond View Post
hi guys. its been 6 weeks today since I ordered my new 5.0 and I am curious how long it took some of you to get yours? Well those of you who ordered them new anyway. I am staying awake at night thinking about driving my new mustang! They told me 6 to 8 weeks but sometimes people get them sooner. I guess I may just need some encouragement....
Congrats! Have you called the dealer? What did you order just base 5.0?
Old 11-02-2011, 01:20 AM   #3
Road Trip!

It just depends on what you ordered. I know we looked at ordering the wife one and they told her 10weeks. Said it could change at anytime. I also have seen some people be told 6-8 weeks and wait 3-4 months.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 07:48 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I ordered a black on black gt premium with manual trans, brembo package and 3.73 gears. Yea, the salesman from the ford dealer is actually on my friends list on xbox live and he said he hasnt heard anything, but when he knows something he will let me know.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Be patient ..the dealer has no control, over the timeframe in manufacturing..It sounds like you ordered the right equipment -`should be a really nice car!
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
I ordered a black on black gt premium with manual trans, brembo package and 3.73 gears. Yea, the salesman from the ford dealer is actually on my friends list on xbox live and he said he hasnt heard anything, but when he knows something he will let me know.
Good choice!
Old 11-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Good choice!
I agree...Good Choice! It's worth the wait. I have the same car in Ingot Silver. Just get some axel backs and your good to go.
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

back in 01 it took me exactly 6 weeks to get my car~ they CAN track it but generally they are to lazy or dont care enough to actually track it for you.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

You've got a nice ride coming in! I think it took about 10 weeks for my 2012 to come in. But I've heard anything from 6-12 weeks with some rare cases going way beyond that. I expect yours should arrive in a few weeks. You can always call the dealership directly to see if they have a date. Also, if you do call, find out if a VIN has been assigned to your car. I found out that once it has a VIN, it should only take a week or so to get in (the VIN is assigned near the end of manufacturing). Good luck! I'm sure you're going to love this car.

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:20 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnus View Post
I agree...Good Choice! It's worth the wait. I have the same car in Ingot Silver. Just get some axel backs and your good to go.
thanks guys my first mod will of course be some axle backs, I been watching alot of youtube videos to hear different exhausts! I really like the pypes and flowmaster outlaws. They sound great and are reasonably priced I think. I love the borla atak but its a little expensive in my opinion

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline247 View Post
You've got a nice ride coming in! I think it took about 10 weeks for my 2012 to come in. But I've heard anything from 6-12 weeks with some rare cases going way beyond that. I expect yours should arrive in a few weeks. You can always call the dealership directly to see if they have a date. Also, if you do call, find out if a VIN has been assigned to your car. I found out that once it has a VIN, it should only take a week or so to get in (the VIN is assigned near the end of manufacturing). Good luck! I'm sure you're going to love this car.
good to know about the VIN, thanks!
Old 11-03-2011, 12:22 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Check out my YouTube channel "anthonyp2003" for some Roush videos. I love my Roush exhaust, not sure it's for those who plan on lt headers though
Old 11-03-2011, 01:38 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
Check out my YouTube channel "anthonyp2003" for some Roush videos. I love my Roush exhaust, not sure it's for those who plan on lt headers though
Why not! I have the roush and plan on o/r xpipe and headers!! Be loud and be proud!:headband: my philosophy is "just do it"! Nike style!lol this is a high performance muscle car not a Toyota camery!!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:38 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

i cant wait for your car !
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:57 AM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Why not! I have the roush and plan on o/r xpipe and headers!! Be loud and be proud!:headband: my philosophy is "just do it"! Nike style!lol this is a high performance muscle car not a Toyota camery!!
What I bought my mustang for the MPG....
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:58 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
There's a fine line between loud and obnoxious. With just the axle-backs I already have people stare at me, not to mention the fact that it's rendered sync useless if you are even thinking about touching the throttle. I've gotten a lot of complaints from people that they can't hear me over the noise when I'm merging on the highway.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:11 AM   #16
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
There's a fine line between loud and obnoxious. With just the axle-backs I already have people stare at me, not to mention the fact that it's rendered sync useless if you are even thinking about touching the throttle. I've gotten a lot of complaints from people that they can't hear me over the noise when I'm merging on the highway.
ATTN PASSENGER:
There will be no talking to this vehicles driver while merging onto highway.

*FIXED*
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
ATTN PASSENGER:

*FIXED*
LOL! In a perfect world it would just be me and my Mustang tearing up the streets. I have this pesky "life" and "work" to deal with though

It would be funy to have that silkscreened on the sun visor though!
Old 11-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
What I bought my mustang for the MPG....
Lmao! Awesome!

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

ATTN PASSENGER:

*FIXED*
This will be apparent in my car anytime I accelerate aggressively!! Shut up! No talking! Just hold on!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:45 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBeyond

thanks guys my first mod will of course be some axle backs, I been watching alot of youtube videos to hear different exhausts! I really like the pypes and flowmaster outlaws. They sound great and are reasonably priced I think. I love the borla atak but its a little expensive in my opinion

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

good to know about the VIN, thanks!
Hate to burst your bubbles but the vin is the first thing assigned to the car. You actually get a vin sometimes weeks before it goes down the line. I'm a sales zone manager for Ford and scheduling is one of the things I handle. If you have a vin I can look it up for you and et an eta.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFUNY View Post
Hate to burst your bubbles but the vin is the first thing assigned to the car. You actually get a vin sometimes weeks before it goes down the line. I'm a sales zone manager for Ford and scheduling is one of the things I handle. If you have a vin I can look it up for you and et an eta.
Ahh ok. The sales guy actually called a couple days ago and said he got the delivery date, should be between the 23rd and 25th this month! I cant wait!
Old 11-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Well dude I am Happy for ya!Your Package Is close to my package it sounds like.Not one just laying around a car lot for sure.You will love it man.Where are you located?? Have you had performance cars before?Keep us posted my man!
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBeyond

Ahh ok. The sales guy actually called a couple days ago and said he got the delivery date, should be between the 23rd and 25th this month! I cant wait!
Can't wait to see it. Never purchased a brand new Mustang or any other car really but to have ordered one. Cool stuff
Old 11-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Nope, never had a new car before or anything with performance. So it will be a nice change! Im in ft worth tx btw
Old 11-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #24
NC6

Congrats you are almost there. I just put in my order this week, and I am hoping for a Christmas miracle where Ford finds some way to ship mine before the new year, or it might be a long wait..
NC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC6 View Post
Congrats you are almost there. I just put in my order this week, and I am hoping for a Christmas miracle where Ford finds some way to ship mine before the new year, or it might be a long wait..
hey, maybe santa will ditch the reindeer and cruise to your place on the stang!
Old 11-17-2011, 05:58 AM   #26
NC6

The problem is... If I am the last stop, there goes my 36k warranty, and if he stops here first then I have all those kids mad at me for taking his ride
Old 11-21-2011, 09:53 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

GOT MY CAR TODAY!!!! Woooohooo!!! Its everything I dreamed and more! lol But theres a few options that aren't installed yet, the dealer installed things like spoiler, front lower fascia and such. But they told me I can pick it up then bring the car back once the dealer gets those things. I didn't get any pics yet cause it was dark and raining when I got home. Even with traction control and all that bs, it still sucked me into the seat at WOT in 2nd and 3rd gear. I'm quite thrilled I must say! Although I was kinda nervous when the guy was explaining SYNC to me and how it keeps a driving record and sends it to Ford. *_* I thought hmmm... sounds like Fords way of covering their @$$ and blaming you if warranty work is needed??! Well, needless to say I'm stoked!! =D
Old 11-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Quote:
GOT MY CAR TODAY!!!! Woooohooo!!! Its everything I dreamed and more! lol But theres a few options that aren't installed yet, the dealer installed things like spoiler, front lower fascia and such. But they told me I can pick it up then bring the car back once the dealer gets those things. I didn't get any pics yet cause it was dark and raining when I got home. Even with traction control and all that bs, it still sucked me into the seat at WOT in 2nd and 3rd gear. I'm quite thrilled I must say! Although I was kinda nervous when the guy was explaining SYNC to me and how it keeps a driving record and sends it to Ford. *_* I thought hmmm... sounds like Fords way of covering their @$$ and blaming you if warranty work is needed??! Well, needless to say I'm stoked!! =D
Sweet!!! Congrats!!!! Look forward to the pictures.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #29
NC6

Congrats! Hope to join you by New Years.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas

Cool.. pics please...

07 Roush 427R, Brembo 14" rotor and four piston calipers

05 GT Mustang, FRPP, FR X pipe, Hurst short throw,
American Racing Torque Thrust 10X20 wheels,
Granettelli tower brace, custom painted flat black grafix, Yellow Optima
Beav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:56 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Very nice! Congrats! Post pics when you've got everything installed.

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT