Widening the 19x9 brembo wheels - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Widening the 19x9 brembo wheels

Has anyone widened there factory wheels? Cause I hate not being able to put drag radials on them cause street tire is not hooking and buying extra rims is not something I wanna do cause I'm not changing rims all the time.
20115oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: Widening the 19x9 brembo wheels

I had my OEM 19's widened on my G8.Guy does one hell of a good job.Will balance perfect.It is pricey....300.00 a wheel plus all the shipping back and forth.Prices may have changed but kinda doubt that.He is in California and his name is E.Vaughn.Not many pepole can do this right.He uses another back half so you only got one seam and it is pretty.A guy in Jersey (Tim) does it for about same price but the work I saw of his had 2 seams.I would like to have it done too.I just bought one extra wheel a couple nights ago.Should be here Wednesday. Let me know what you do....Interested since I am in same position as you.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Thanks man if you got the site and could post it that would be most appreciated. I need to get them widened to 10 inches for some mickeys, I will let you know what I do when I pull this money from my *** some how lol but in all reality this needs to get done to be more competitive and safe ha ha thanks again.
20115oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2011, 10:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Cool Re: Widening the 19x9 brembo wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20115oh View Post
Thanks man if you got the site and could post it that would be most appreciated. I need to get them widened to 10 inches for some mickeys, I will let you know what I do when I pull this money from my *** some how lol but in all reality this needs to get done to be more competitive and safe ha ha thanks again.
K....Heres the deal.Not to good at the cut/copy paste thing.I just went to his site.Google E.Vaughn maching.Click sevices and read.His phone # is 626-358-6413.Pm me or post what info you get.I am thinking to do this again.I like the factory Brembo wheel.Have you done any Homework on the offset of our wheel and how much room to push back in there? Be sure to closely research that before you have him do it.I would like 10-10.5 myself.I will look into it tomorrow and give you my opinion on what space there is to work with.Don't want to mess with spacers man.Stay away from that in my opinion.Adding a 1 to 1.5'' I think should be very possible.I widened from 8'' OEM to 9.5'' on the g8 wheel but thats a whole another ball game.Keep me posted man! Later
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 11-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Widening the 19x9 brembo wheels

Alright were you at 20115oh? LOL! What did you decide? I called and talked to Eric today.Long story short......$660.00 (60.00 for shipping) gets the 2 wheels done and back to your door.So whatever you can get them shipped to him for, plus the 660.00 will be your total cost. He does not care if you add 1/2'' or 5'' all the same to him.One reason it cost is he actually has to cut another wheel he buys to put on there.One thing about it man.Nobody is better,that I can promise.If you don't like them you can always give them to me....LOL!! Right now I am still on the fence about wheels.I got another wheel wed. that came UPS and it's in awesome shape but these damn wheels are heavy.I would Like to have a sweet, sporty, staggered set-up at least a few pounds lighter per wheel.S*** Matters alot and helps ET's man. Anyway,just figured I would holla back...Later
Old 11-12-2011, 10:23 PM   #6

Region: Arizona
Not worth the money... Just two wheels for your drag setup. It will be much cheaper and you will not have to worry about a hack wheel.
Hingedthinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT