LCA Relocation Brackets - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-06-2011, 02:06 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
LCA Relocation Brackets

Question.... If I lower the car, I have to get LCA relocation brackets? I bought Eibach adjustable LCA's.... but I cannot find a relocation brackets for LCA's anywhere. Am I overlooking the obvious? a little help would be appreciated.
M3to5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Re: LCA Relocation Brackets

It is a good idea to get them to help correct the angle of the LCA's.

Rear Control Arm Relocation Brackets : UMI Performance, Inc.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Damn Brackets cost almost as much as the LCA's themselves...... lol
M3to5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Do you need reloc. brackets if you don't lower??I like these threads about LCA's/reloc. brac. as we all got to cross this bridge if we want performance.I started a similar thread.Seems Brad(wnt2gofst) is our only guy with knowledge on it.I am wondering when you do it do you got to have any alighnment work done or is it just bolt and go.Seems like a easy fix to gain grip and stop wheel hop.!!??
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
Do you need reloc. brackets if you don't lower??I like these threads about LCA's/reloc. brac. as we all got to cross this bridge if we want performance.I started a similar thread.Seems Brad(wnt2gofst) is our only guy with knowledge on it.I am wondering when you do it do you got to have any alighnment work done or is it just bolt and go.Seems like a easy fix to gain grip and stop wheel hop.!!??
No, they just help you adjust the angle of the LCAs on lowered cars from what I understand.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
No, they just help you adjust the angle of the LCAs on lowered cars from what I understand.
K....cool....so all I need is LCA,s and no alighnment??Napoleon85 are you using lca's yet?
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 11-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
K....cool....so all I need is LCA,s and no alighnment??Napoleon85 are you using lca's yet?
Not yet. I will be installing LCAs as well as a new UCA and mount this winter. Hopefully an off-road x-pipe as well, then dyno tune in the spring. If the tax man is nice enough I may even see some new wheels and tires.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not yet. I will be installing LCAs as well as a new UCA and mount this winter. Hopefully an off-road x-pipe as well, then dyno tune in the spring. If the tax man is nice enough I may even see some new wheels and tires.
What improvements are from the UCA's expected.I am looking at tax return help too.I bought a 70,000.00 tool truck so should get plenty of help on write offs.Ever need any speciality tools holla.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
What improvements are from the UCA's expected.I am looking at tax return help too.I bought a 70,000.00 tool truck so should get plenty of help on write offs.Ever need any speciality tools holla.
Helps reduce wheel hop and improve stability of the axle.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Helps reduce wheel hop and improve stability of the axle.
Ok....Got a link to the ones you looking at? Are you lowering or staying stock height?
Old 11-06-2011, 01:21 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
Ok....Got a link to the ones you looking at? Are you lowering or staying stock height?
Staying stock height for now, but I will be lowering at some point. When I do, I will put the LCA relocation brackets on. I haven't decided which one I'm going with yet ... but here are the links to what I have been looking at.

BMR
UCA
UCA Mount
LCAs
LCA Relocation Brackets

BBR
UCA
UCA Mount
LCAs
LCA Relocation Brackets
note: I believe these are all repainted/rebadged BMR parts

UPR
UCA with mount
LCAs

I'm not sure which ones I'll be getting, and have no data on the performance of any of these products. It would be nice if people who had them installed would chime in with pros and cons. At this point it's pretty much speculation, all I've been able to find on the forums is people whining about how they aren't as quiet as the stock parts ...

Also, note that these are all non-adjustable since I'm mainly building a street car that will occasionally see the track. If you're building a hard-core drag car you will probably want to look for the adjustable versions of these parts.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:44 AM   #12
Road Trip!

Also a adjustable UCA lets you adjust the angle of your tranny-driveshaft-axle when you lower the car a lot. Not always needed though. I know with mine i didnt need it but I did a UCA anyway just cause its stronger/lighter and adjustable in case i needed it.

You will not need an alignment when doing LCA's. Even if you are lowered.

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

Also the BBR stuff is basically what you said repainted BMR stuff. I really liked my BMR stuff on my G8. I have some BMR stuff on the car now most of it is now been switched to UPR.

I had Spohn which is known for Mcars also. But I split a bushing on my LCA's. Guess it didn't like my 6000rpm launches. LOL

UPR/BMR you can't go wrong.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Why did you switch some of your BMR stuff to UPR? I'm leaning towards UPR anyways (the 10% discount helps) but I'm just curious. Would it be prudent to go ahead and spend the extra money for the adjustable third link/UCA? It's only $60. I'm going to go with the billet LCAs I think.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #14
Road Trip!

I broke a bushing in the BMR LCA's I had. So when I bought new ones I went with spherical ends on both sides in stead of just one. If you plan on lowering or anything get adjustable LCA's. Same goes for the UCA.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
I broke a bushing in the BMR LCA's I had. So when I bought new ones I went with spherical ends on both sides in stead of just one. If you plan on lowering or anything get adjustable LCA's. Same goes for the UCA.
I do plan on lowering. Do I still need adjustable LCAs if I run relocation brackets?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT