FYI - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Loll this is getting funny. Hands down I would buy a ZR1 over a GT 500 all day. I have 2 Mustangs that will run booth of these cars off the track. Just my opinion.
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
FORD.
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Me personally a 120,000 Vette vs a 60,000 Mustang?.. I'd go with the Mustang!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #74
Road Trip!

Re: FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
The gt500 wont cost as much as the z06... and in base form (no z07) package I think it could be a good race. There have been roumors about the return of the ford Gt and that will be the true competitor. On the track It will be a good race zr1 vs gt500 in the quarter due to the poor launches in the vette but the zr1 will slaughter on the road course.
It will cost that much. It already does. Go look at a loaded GT500. You will pay close to 70k already. And good race in a 1/4? really. Compare fastest stock times. The current GT500 can;t get out the 12's on stock rubber. While the Z06 and ZR1 have been 10's. Then add 100hp to the GT500 and it will still suffer. Least GM was smart and put a 305 on the back of the ZL1.

2 seat or 4 seats. SC vs NA. It don't matter. When buying a 70k sports car you look at the best car. Which until proven other wise the Z06 is that car.

As far as 120k you can get a ZR1 for less if you look. And don't pay stupid dealer mark ups. WHich they will have on a new GT500 just like the Boss. The SuperSnake is 90k. ANd does not run near what a stpck Z06 or ZR1 runs.

As far as bringing back the Ford GT. Yep it is just that. Rumors. It is also rumored to come back as an electric car. Ya that will compete. Funny they stop making the Ford GT soon as the new Z06 came out. Waxing its ***. Oh and wait the Ford GT was 150k and couldn't hang with a 70k Z06. Lone if they would have had the Z07 package then. WHich if look around can get a Z07 package for 79k. I know cause there is one for sale with the Z07 package brand new where my wife works for 79k.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Greene View Post
Loll this is getting funny. Hands down I would buy a ZR1 over a GT 500 all day. I have 2 Mustangs that will run booth of these cars off the track. Just my opinion.
But you had to mod them to do it. Also don't forget the ZR1 has touched low 10's with just slicks. And Z06's have went low 10's with just bolt ons and 9's with a 300 cam.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

$300 cam that is. That one thing about push rods. cams are cheap. Unlike our babies. It was 1500 for cams.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

It will cost that much. It already does. Go look at a loaded GT500. You will pay close to 70k already. And good race in a 1/4? really. Compare fastest stock times. The current GT500 can;t get out the 12's on stock rubber. While the Z06 and ZR1 have been 10's. Then add 100hp to the GT500 and it will still suffer. Least GM was smart and put a 305 on the back of the ZL1.

2 seat or 4 seats. SC vs NA. It don't matter. When buying a 70k sports car you look at the best car. Which until proven other wise the Z06 is that car.

As far as 120k you can get a ZR1 for less if you look. And don't pay stupid dealer mark ups. WHich they will have on a new GT500 just like the Boss. The SuperSnake is 90k. ANd does not run near what a stpck Z06 or ZR1 runs.

As far as bringing back the Ford GT. Yep it is just that. Rumors. It is also rumored to come back as an electric car. Ya that will compete. Funny they stop making the Ford GT soon as the new Z06 came out. Waxing its ***. Oh and wait the Ford GT was 150k and couldn't hang with a 70k Z06. Lone if they would have had the Z07 package then. WHich if look around can get a Z07 package for 79k. I know cause there is one for sale with the Z07 package brand new where my wife works for 79k.
Until it breaks down... that'll cost more overall
Old 11-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

Dont me wrong the 2013 shelby does look sick but i don't like the new front end of the GT because it looks just like the shelby, the 2011 2012 front end is much nicer in my opinion.
5.ohhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:01 PM   #77
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
Until it breaks down... that'll cost more overall
You might want look. Not to many vettes breaking down. Unlike our 5.0's engine and tranny and GT500 tranny's.

Not to mention a push rod engine is a lot cheaper to fix then our modular engines.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:07 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas

That's it, I hate my Mustangs, I must get rid of my Fords, you have convinced me...

It's obvious, Mustangs are hideously inferior when compared to the superior machines produced by GM...

I don't know what I was thinking....

07 Roush 427R, Brembo 14" rotor and four piston calipers

05 GT Mustang, FRPP, FR X pipe, Hurst short throw,
American Racing Torque Thrust 10X20 wheels,
Granettelli tower brace, custom painted flat black grafix, Yellow Optima
Beav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #79
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav View Post
That's it, I hate my Mustangs, I must get rid of my Fords, you have convinced me...

It's obvious, Mustangs are hideously inferior when compared to the superior machines produced by GM...

I don't know what I was thinking....
You obviously missed the point.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

No, I didn't.

Just got tired of your rant....

Old 11-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

You guys are comparing a sports car vs a muscle car, and one of you, a modded car to a stock car!.. I would think that fellow gear heads would know that those comparisons are not fair and equal!!... The Z06 and ZR1 Corvette are designed to be very fast sports cars!.. The Mustang (no matter what form it is, GT, BOSS 302, or GT500) along with the Camaros and Challengers are muscle cars!.. They are designed mostly for drag racing with the occasional turn thrown in!.. And as far as the Ford GT!.. It was never intended to go after the Corvette!.. It was designed to go after Ferrari!.. Look up the story to the original GT40 and you will find it very amusing and vindictive!...
Old 11-17-2011, 04:11 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav
No, I didn't.

Just got tired of your rant....
You're not the only one!
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0

You're not the only one!
+1
Old 11-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:

You're not the only one!
+1
I mean, we all are (well from what I know) Mustang people on here after all.. we don't want to hear some 120-150k Chevy compared to a 60-80k ford...
Old 11-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

+1
I mean, we all are (well from what I know) Mustang people on here after all.. we don't want to hear some 120-150k Chevy compared to a 60-80k ford...
I don't have a clue why this guy didn't just buy a Z06. Then he could just spew all his knowledge on a chevy forum.
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't have a clue why this guy didn't just buy a Z06. Then he could just spew all his knowledge on a chevy forum.
I like the guy he's nice,
I'm just confused as to why he's taking Chevy's side and owns a gorgeous well done Ford.. lol
Old 11-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #87
Filibuster

” I remember my first beer” I used to be all caught up in the ford chevy thang...but now I enjoy them both...even have an import as well...all be it a euro import..bottom line is I like goin fast and if it looks cool at the same time id prob buy it
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
They only go as fast as you can drive them
2011CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66
” I remember my first beer” I used to be all caught up in the ford chevy thang...but now I enjoy them both...even have an import as well...all be it a euro import..bottom line is I like goin fast and if it looks cool at the same time id prob buy it
Oh man I love them all, I do custom work from mustangs to camaros to challengers, they're all a piece of American history, I just don't like people dissing something I stand behind and work so hard on that I've developed such a love for. I almost bought a beautiful black manual 350z instead of this car, but I wanted to stick to my true love of muscle and absolute passion that had never let me down.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Compare fastest stock times. The current GT500 can;t get out the 12's on stock rubber.

Why are you comparing drag times with stock tires no one who is going to drag their car is going to use the tires any car comes with they use drag tires. Besides with only the addition of a TT and a drive shaft and drag radials guys are pulling 10s 9s and even 8s in Thier stock engine 50k GT500
GT1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:40 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Wnt2gofst is just being a realist he is right about the corvette. The upper spectrum of the fast car world is GM's territory for now until ford makes a move to that class. But as far as in the trenches of most of our real world affordability and muscle car love the mustang is the king in its respective class. No camaro, challenger, or any car near the muscle car class can pound for pound top our stangs!!:Headbang: as far as styling that is a individual's preference if they just want to sport a certain style. Speed in this class is mustang territory! OK I'm done
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo
Wnt2gofst is just being a realist he is right about the corvette. The upper spectrum of the fast car world is GM's territory for now until ford makes a move to that class. But as far as in the trenches of most of our real world affordability and muscle car love the mustang is the king in its respective class. No camaro, challenger, or any car near the muscle car class can pound for pound top our stangs!!:Headbang: as far as styling that is a individual's preference if they just want to sport a certain style. Speed in this class is mustang territory! OK I'm done

That makes more sense,
I still think there is a stallion that could devour the top Corvette, but its just not coming to my mind right now, but that's more logical
Old 11-17-2011, 07:06 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That makes more sense,
I still think there is a stallion that could devour the top Corvette, but its just not coming to my mind right now, but that's more logical
Thanks
Old 11-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #94
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
+1
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

+1
:Headbang:
Old 11-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

My latest Facebook friend just got a Mustang, he is about as excited as a guy gets about getting a car... He posted this today...

He traded his car straight up for it... Oh yeah... It just happens to be a Corvette...

I'm thinking that Corvette could hand that Mustang it's lunch.... But you know what? Who f***ing cares?

Old 11-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav
My latest Facebook friend just got a Mustang, he is about as excited as a guy gets about getting a car... He posted this today...

He traded his car straight up for it... Oh yeah... It just happens to be a Corvette...

I'm thinking that Corvette could hand that Mustang it's lunch.... But you know what? Who f***ing cares?
+1 this has been a good read today
tylerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #98
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerb

+1 indeed! And no name calling!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The dear Abby thread was pretty funny too! Lol! But I concur this was a good and entertaining thread
Old 11-17-2011, 09:48 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

The dear Abby thread was pretty funny too! Lol! But I concur this was a good and entertaining thread
Oh yes, finally discovering I was a girl and all..
Old 11-17-2011, 09:53 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh yes, finally discovering I was a girl and all..
had to make his day
tylerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

had to make his day
Hmm maybe.
I wouldn't know!
Old 11-17-2011, 11:35 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Someone mentioned that the Mustang (in any form was a "drag car" with the occasional turn thrown in. Didn't the Boss 302R just win a whole series of road course races??? Beating out all others to include Bmw M3's and Corvettes?.... Or am I "Mis-remembering"?
Old 11-18-2011, 12:23 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0
Someone mentioned that the Mustang (in any form was a "drag car" with the occasional turn thrown in. Didn't the Boss 302R just win a whole series of road course races??? Beating out all others to include Bmw M3's and Corvettes?.... Or am I "Mis-remembering"?
Ok I see you want to nit-pick what others say!.. So I'll simply put it once again!.. The Mustang and Corvette are two different class of cars!.. It is stupid to compare the two!.. There!.. End of debate!..
Old 11-18-2011, 01:20 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1000
The true beauty of the gt500 is the motor anyone who has a gt500 sees that 650hp on the 2013 and says so what!! I'm running over 820bhp on 91 octane in my 08 gt500 with all stock motor and internals. I've even ran my boost up to 25psi and put c16 in the tank and hit the 1000hp mark on my stock motor, scary fast at freeway speeds!!!! I'm just worried that boring it out to 5.8 didn't compromise this beautiful strength of this motor. If it did then its better to have a 2012 than a 2013!!!!!!!!
I agree but that's the starting point. Every cobra/Shelby has been built to take one hell of an aftermarket beating, this thing should end up with a 950hp super snake version based on the previous percentage change.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

Quote:
The new GT500 is great. 650hp heck ya. Although I will not fear it. As I will make more power and have spent less. Also they will be hard to launch even with launch control.

As far as GM. Ya the Camaro coudl lose some weight. It is 4200lbs for the ZL1. But still has a better suspension. Can be had in an auto. And will be cheaper also. It is priced at 54k. The new GT500 will least be 60k.

Also GM isn't palying catch up really. Ford still has no answer for the Z06/ZR1.
Supersnake/GT40 except for auto

I would say that the cuts-v is awesome and that ford had no luxury comparison to that

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT