FYI - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-18-2011, 01:44 AM   #106
Registered Member
Regular
 
M3to5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Deridder
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 537
Re: FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
Ok I see you want to nit-pick what others say!.. So I'll simply put it once again!.. The Mustang and Corvette are two different class of cars!.. It is stupid to compare the two!.. There!.. End of debate!..
Yo man.... chill!!! If you read the entire thread, I have made that same arguement several times. But your comment that ALL mustangs are good just for straight line drag racing (with the occasional curve) is dead WRONG and the recent WINNING of the GTS Championship with a Boss 302s proves it. Cant argue with facts
__________________
"Got to kill.... Captain Stupid"
M3to5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-18-2011, 02:26 AM   #107
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0

Yo man.... chill!!! If you read the entire thread, I have made that same arguement several times. But your comment that ALL mustangs are good just for straight line drag racing (with the occasional curve) is dead WRONG and the recent WINNING of the GTS Championship with a Boss 302s proves it. Cant argue with facts
First off I was speaking in general terms!.. And to state a simple fact that originally the "Pony cars" and "Muscle cars" were in fact designed mostly for straight line racing!..

Like you said "Can't argue with facts."

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

Oh to also point some thing out to you!.. The BOSS 302s is a purpose built race car!.. It's purpose is to race on road courses!.. Much like the Mustang CobraJet is also a purpose built race car!.. Neither of these can be driven on the street!.. So bringing up either one, or any other purpose built race car for that mater is really kinda foolish on this topic!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:24 AM   #108
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav View Post
My latest Facebook friend just got a Mustang, he is about as excited as a guy gets about getting a car... He posted this today...









He traded his car straight up for it... Oh yeah... It just happens to be a Corvette...







I'm thinking that Corvette could hand that Mustang it's lunch.... But you know what? Who f***ing cares?
I would have made that trade also. After all its only a C4...LOL
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-18-2011, 06:27 AM   #109
Registered Member
Regular
 
M3to5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Deridder
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 537
Re: FYI

^^^^^ Worst Corvette EVER made, Performance and looks wise

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
First off I was speaking in general terms!.. And to state a simple fact that originally the "Pony cars" and "Muscle cars" were in fact designed mostly for straight line racing!..

Like you said "Can't argue with facts."

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

Oh to also point some thing out to you!.. The BOSS 302s is a purpose built race car!.. It's purpose is to race on road courses!.. Much like the Mustang CobraJet is also a purpose built race car!.. Neither of these can be driven on the street!.. So bringing up either one, or any other purpose built race car for that mater is really kinda foolish on this topic!..
Ok... you WIN!!!!
__________________
"Got to kill.... Captain Stupid"
M3to5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:24 AM   #110
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
First off I was speaking in general terms!.. And to state a simple fact that originally the "Pony cars" and "Muscle cars" were in fact designed mostly for straight line racing!..

Like you said "Can't argue with facts."

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

Oh to also point some thing out to you!.. The BOSS 302s is a purpose built race car!.. It's purpose is to race on road courses!.. Much like the Mustang CobraJet is also a purpose built race car!.. Neither of these can be driven on the street!.. So bringing up either one, or any other purpose built race car for that mater is really kinda foolish on this topic!..
If you actually look when the mustang came out it was not intended for drag racing. It was a car designed to give it to the Camaro and other cars on the track.

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

It was first designed with 2 seat also. Later changed to a 4 seats.

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

As Lee Iacocca's assistant general manager and chief engineer, Donald N. Frey was the head engineer for the T-5 project—supervising the overall development of the car in a record 18 months[18][19]—while Iacocca himself championed the project as Ford Division general manager. The T-5 prototype was a two-seat, mid-mounted engine roadster. This vehicle employed the German Ford Taunus V4 engine and was very similar in appearance to the much later Pontiac Fiero.

It was claimed that the decision to abandon the two-seat design was in part due to the low sales experienced with the 2-seat 1955 Thunderbird. To broaden market appeal it was later remodeled as a four-seat car (with full space for the front bucket seats, as originally planned, and a rear bench seat with significantly less space than was common at the time). A "Fastback 2+2" model traded the conventional trunk space for increased interior volume as well as giving exterior lines similar to those of the second series of the Corvette Sting Ray and European sports cars such as the Jaguar E-Type. The "Fastback 2+2" was not available as a 1964½ model, but was first manufactured on August 17, 1964.

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

The Mustang made its first public appearance on a racetrack little more than a month after its April 17 introduction, as pace car for the 1964 Indianapolis 500.[12]

The same year, Mustangs achieved the first of many notable competition successes, winning first and second in class in the Tour de France international rally. The car’s American competition debut, also in 1964, was in drag racing, where private individuals and dealer-sponsored teams campaigned Mustangs powered by 427 cu. in. V8s.

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

It was built for all around racing. Plain and simple.

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66 View Post
” I remember my first beer” I used to be all caught up in the ford chevy thang...but now I enjoy them both...even have an import as well...all be it a euro import..bottom line is I like goin fast and if it looks cool at the same time id prob buy it
I like all cars. As I mentioned before. As I also stated a 70k mustang will be compared to cars in its price range. That is just how it is.


Also if you look there is so much misinformation here. The GT500 was not designed for drag racing actually. It was built to be a well rounded car. It was also tested like crazy on a track. Not a drag strip. They keep building this car to handle. Just like the Boss. But like the boss every one wants to drag race them. Its what most Americans care about. Well how fats is it 0-60 or what it do 1/4 mile in. While the rest of the world is going what is its top speed. How fast can it hit 160mph or 200mph.

And with drag racing as most are concerned with. You should know 0-60 is not that big deal as they on't even measure it. Its all about the 60ft, 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile. Yes there is some other markers in there to give reading. But most people only care about the big 3. Along with trap speed.

ET's are always great but can be very dependent on other factors. Like track prep and that 60ft. But trap speed most time will show you how fast a car really is. If I run a low 11 but trap 130+ I am happy to a point. I know on the street I will hand most cars there ***.

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post
I don't have a clue why this guy didn't just buy a Z06. Then he could just spew all his knowledge on a chevy forum.
If I could have afforded a new Z06 I would have had one. That why don't have one.

Buddy just sent me a video of one he tuned. Made 653whp with a medium cam and bolt ons. Not bad at all. He is same guy doing my build for me.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #111
Registered Member
Regular
 
Beau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,044
I thought this was a mustang forum?
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:03 AM   #112
Registered Member
Regular
 
Beav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 565
Re: FYI

I go to a lot of Mustang/Ford forums... Some I post at, some I just brows, but one thing they each have, is someone expounding the virtues of Brand C.... I guess that just keeps us poor old Ford/Mustang drivers in our place... lol
__________________

07 Roush 427R, Brembo 14" rotor and four piston calipers

05 GT Mustang, FRPP, FR X pipe, Hurst short throw,
American Racing Torque Thrust 10X20 wheels,
Granettelli tower brace, custom painted flat black grafix, Yellow Optima
Beav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #113
Registered Member
Regular
 
tylerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 258
why doesn't anyone want to know how they match up or how ford matches up, it's just something to read and pass time with.
tylerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #114
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav View Post
I go to a lot of Mustang/Ford forums... Some I post at, some I just brows, but one thing they each have, is someone expounding the virtues of Brand C.... I guess that just keeps us poor old Ford/Mustang drivers in our place... lol
Yes and no. I just hate when people act like the the mustang/camaro is the end of all. That well this car can do this now so it is bets. When others have been doing it already and longer. That is what puts people in there place. The mustang is finally above the Camaro again which is great. But Ford is still behind in performance as a whole. Hopefully ford will come out with a new Ford GT and put the Vette to shame.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerb View Post
why doesn't anyone want to know how they match up or how ford matches up, it's just something to read and pass time with.
That is what I do. I want to know what my competition is. What is next to me in the lane. What I have to expect. Be it at the track or on the street.

Most still think there 2011 5.0 mustang will hand it to a new SRT8. Which isn't the case. The SRT8's have the advantage. Specially on a roll. They are solid 12.3-12.6 cars stock. The Chally and the Charger. The 5.0 is best at those times. But a lot of drivers run 13's in them as well.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:22 AM   #115
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

Hmm maybe.
I wouldn't know!
I was a lil confused at first but it started to click after a few comments down were i live u don't see many lady muscle car fans.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Yes and no. I just hate when people act like the the mustang/camaro is the end of all. That well this car can do this now so it is bets. When others have been doing it already and longer. That is what puts people in there place. The mustang is finally above the Camaro again which is great. But Ford is still behind in performance as a whole. Hopefully ford will come out with a new Ford GT and put the Vette to shame.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------



That is what I do. I want to know what my competition is. What is next to me in the lane. What I have to expect. Be it at the track or on the street.

Most still think there 2011 5.0 mustang will hand it to a new SRT8. Which isn't the case. The SRT8's have the advantage. Specially on a roll. They are solid 12.3-12.6 cars stock. The Chally and the Charger. The 5.0 is best at those times. But a lot of drivers run 13's in them as well.
I smoked a srt8 chally already and pulled him every run it was great
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #116
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
I was a lil confused at first but it started to click after a few comments down were i live u don't see many lady muscle car fans.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------



I smoked a srt8 chally already and pulled him every run it was great
Your also modded . Was it a 392?
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #117
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Your also modded . Was it a 392?
No just reg srt8 but pulled him pretty hard
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:15 AM   #118
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: FYI

Still nice. The 392's are the new 2011+ SRT8's.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #119
Registered Member
Regular
 
M3to5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Deridder
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 537
Re: FYI

Guys.... this AIN'T NUTHIN.... go to an M3 forum, holy sheeeeeit. M3 owners are the worst. Another reason I sold mine.... did not want to be associated with the weinieness.
__________________
"Got to kill.... Captain Stupid"
M3to5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:34 AM   #120
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

If you actually look when the mustang came out it was not intended for drag racing. It was a car designed to give it to the Camaro and other cars on the track.

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

It was first designed with 2 seat also. Later changed to a 4 seats.

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

As Lee Iacocca's assistant general manager and chief engineer, Donald N. Frey was the head engineer for the T-5 project—supervising the overall development of the car in a record 18 months[18][19]—while Iacocca himself championed the project as Ford Division general manager. The T-5 prototype was a two-seat, mid-mounted engine roadster. This vehicle employed the German Ford Taunus V4 engine and was very similar in appearance to the much later Pontiac Fiero.

It was claimed that the decision to abandon the two-seat design was in part due to the low sales experienced with the 2-seat 1955 Thunderbird. To broaden market appeal it was later remodeled as a four-seat car (with full space for the front bucket seats, as originally planned, and a rear bench seat with significantly less space than was common at the time). A "Fastback 2+2" model traded the conventional trunk space for increased interior volume as well as giving exterior lines similar to those of the second series of the Corvette Sting Ray and European sports cars such as the Jaguar E-Type. The "Fastback 2+2" was not available as a 1964½ model, but was first manufactured on August 17, 1964.

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

The Mustang made its first public appearance on a racetrack little more than a month after its April 17 introduction, as pace car for the 1964 Indianapolis 500.[12]

The same year, Mustangs achieved the first of many notable competition successes, winning first and second in class in the Tour de France international rally. The car’s American competition debut, also in 1964, was in drag racing, where private individuals and dealer-sponsored teams campaigned Mustangs powered by 427 cu. in. V8s.

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

It was built for all around racing. Plain and simple.

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------



I like all cars. As I mentioned before. As I also stated a 70k mustang will be compared to cars in its price range. That is just how it is.

Also if you look there is so much misinformation here. The GT500 was not designed for drag racing actually. It was built to be a well rounded car. It was also tested like crazy on a track. Not a drag strip. They keep building this car to handle. Just like the Boss. But like the boss every one wants to drag race them. Its what most Americans care about. Well how fats is it 0-60 or what it do 1/4 mile in. While the rest of the world is going what is its top speed. How fast can it hit 160mph or 200mph.

And with drag racing as most are concerned with. You should know 0-60 is not that big deal as they on't even measure it. Its all about the 60ft, 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile. Yes there is some other markers in there to give reading. But most people only care about the big 3. Along with trap speed.

ET's are always great but can be very dependent on other factors. Like track prep and that 60ft. But trap speed most time will show you how fast a car really is. If I run a low 11 but trap 130+ I am happy to a point. I know on the street I will hand most cars there ***.

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------



If I could have afforded a new Z06 I would have had one. That why don't have one.

Buddy just sent me a video of one he tuned. Made 653whp with a medium cam and bolt ons. Not bad at all. He is same guy doing my build for me.
First off your starting off about a concept car!.. Every manufacturer has them!.. The only thing that first two seater Mustang concept has in common with what was latter built is just the name!.. Ford never had any intention to build that concept car!.. Because it was just that!.. A concept!.. And over the years Ford has built a couple other two seat concept Mustangs!.. But like the first one they were just that!..

Secondly!.. The Mustang was not Fords answer to the Camaro or to anything else!.. It was the start of a whole new market!.. The Camaro and Trans Am came after the Mustang!.. The Mustang was the start of the Pony Car Wars!..

Finally the GT500 was originally built for more straight line racing than road course!.. The GT500KR, known as King of Road, a name Shelby stole, was built with road courses in mind!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #121
Registered Member
Regular
 
M3to5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Deridder
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 537
Re: FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
First off your starting off about a concept car!.. Every manufacturer has them!.. The only thing that first two seater Mustang concept has in common with what was latter built is just the name!.. Ford never had any intention to build that concept car!.. Because it was just that!.. A concept!.. And over the years Ford has built a couple other two seat concept Mustangs!.. But like the first one they were just that!..

Secondly!.. The Mustang was not Fords answer to the Camaro or to anything else!.. It was the start of a whole new market!.. The Camaro and Trans Am came after the Mustang!.. The Mustang was the start of the Pony Car Wars!..

Finally the GT500 was originally built for more straight line racing than road course!.. The GT500KR, known as King of Road, a name Shelby stole, was built with road courses in mind!..

Dude, you proved your all knowingness.... let it go already
__________________
"Got to kill.... Captain Stupid"
M3to5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #122
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Also the Ford GT was never built to compete against the Corvette!.. If any thing this last version of the GT was built to remind Ferrari what Ford did to them back in the 1960's!... I remember seeing a documentary on like the Discovery channel!.. Ford actually got ahold of two Ferraris to test the prototype GT against!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #123
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

I was a lil confused at first but it started to click after a few comments down were i live u don't see many lady muscle car fans.
Lol! Its fine.
Yeah these beasts are my absolute passion, I probably do sound like a guy in my posts.. ha! Oh well.
Where do you live?
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #124
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: FYI

The mustang was done as a 2 seater first. As the concept. It then was redone to be a 4 seater before production started. Also with that the Camaro had its concept out already also.

And no the GT500 was not met to be a drag only car. The GT500 was actually released to pay tribute to the older GT500 65-70. Nothing more. It was also fitted with best suspension to compete on the road course and drag strip. It let Carroll Shelby have one last run at his Legacy. The KR name was stolen from GM. ANd the KR also was set to show respect to the older GT500KR for 40th ann. And had a starting price of 120k.




As far as the newer Ford GT. It didn't have a Vette to compete with really besides the much cheaper C5Z which wasn't much slower really. Then the C6Z which was also 75k cheaper and faster. Funny they stopped production of it when the C6Z came out.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

Lol! Its fine.
Yeah these beasts are my absolute passion, I probably do sound like a guy in my posts.. ha! Oh well.
Where do you live?
Louisiana. U
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo
Huh, you'd think there would be some female gear heads/grease monkeys like me, oh well!
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
The mustang was done as a 2 seater first. As the concept. It then was redone to be a 4 seater before production started. Also with that the Camaro had its concept out already also.

And no the GT500 was not met to be a drag only car. The GT500 was actually released to pay tribute to the older GT500 65-70. Nothing more. It was also fitted with best suspension to compete on the road course and drag strip. It let Carroll Shelby have one last run at his Legacy. The KR name was stolen from GM. ANd the KR also was set to show respect to the older GT500KR for 40th ann. And had a starting price of 120k.

As far as the newer Ford GT. It didn't have a Vette to compete with really besides the much cheaper C5Z which wasn't much slower really. Then the C6Z which was also 75k cheaper and faster. Funny they stopped production of it when the C6Z came out.
That is funny! But the 5.0 is still king of the road regardless! Give anyone who loves racing the extra money over what u will pay for a 5.0 and they could build a monster that would be very hard to top by even the fastest GM cars. So new 5.0 BEST BANG for the buck and still king of the streets!! I still like the camaro and chally just not as much as my 5.0.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #128
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

That is funny! But the 5.0 is still king of the road regardless! Give anyone who loves racing the extra money over what u will pay for a 5.0 and they could build a monster that would be very hard to top by even the fastest GM cars. So new 5.0 BEST BANG for the buck and still king of the streets!! I still like the camaro and chally just not as much as my 5.0.
+1 that's why I'm here! Well said.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

+1 that's why I'm here! Well said.
And the truth shall set u free!!! :Headbang:
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
The mustang was done as a 2 seater first. As the concept. It then was redone to be a 4 seater before production started. Also with that the Camaro had its concept out already also.

And no the GT500 was not met to be a drag only car. The GT500 was actually released to pay tribute to the older GT500 65-70. Nothing more. It was also fitted with best suspension to compete on the road course and drag strip. It let Carroll Shelby have one last run at his Legacy. The KR name was stolen from GM. ANd the KR also was set to show respect to the older GT500KR for 40th ann. And had a starting price of 120k.

As far as the newer Ford GT. It didn't have a Vette to compete with really besides the much cheaper C5Z which wasn't much slower really. Then the C6Z which was also 75k cheaper and faster. Funny they stopped production of it when the C6Z came out.
You clearly don't read what others say!.. Do you??... The Mustang hit the streets first!.. A few years later the Camaro hits the streets!..

I never said the GT500 was a drag only car!..

And look at what the Ford GT40 and Ford GT was originally built for!... It was not to compete against the Corvette!.. If that were the case then Ford would have bought two Vettes instead of Ferraris during the build process of the prototype for the GT!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #131
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
That is funny! But the 5.0 is still king of the road regardless! Give anyone who loves racing the extra money over what u will pay for a 5.0 and they could build a monster that would be very hard to top by even the fastest GM cars. So new 5.0 BEST BANG for the buck and still king of the streets!! I still like the camaro and chally just not as much as my 5.0.
Here is my question. If it isn't the fastest out the pony cars how is it the king of the streets? Stock for stock the SRT8 392 is faster. There isn't a base model of the SRT8. They are all loaded really. Only thing missing is nav really. So saying give the money over what you pay is just stupid. If that the case just buy a Fbody camaro and build it for 15k and easily run 9's.
Or a older civic and mod it to run 9-10's for 10k.

Now once modding starts its anyones game. SRT's are being held back right now cause Mopar will not release the tuning software. Simply cause they have a Supercharged version coming out. That is suppose to crush the ZL1 and GT500. We will see if they do indeed in about a year. But once tuning released you will see them SRT8's run 10's full weight. They will not need to cut it like us. That is was that monster 6.4L 392cu in will do. Watch and see. They did it with the 6.1L's.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:35 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular
 
Beav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 565
Re: FYI

You are a funny guy.... You must hate yourself for having to drive a Mustang...
__________________

07 Roush 427R, Brembo 14" rotor and four piston calipers

05 GT Mustang, FRPP, FR X pipe, Hurst short throw,
American Racing Torque Thrust 10X20 wheels,
Granettelli tower brace, custom painted flat black grafix, Yellow Optima
Beav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #133
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav
You are a funny guy.... You must hate yourself for having to drive a Mustang...
Right..
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:08 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
+1
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Here is my question. If it isn't the fastest out the pony cars how is it the king of the streets? Stock for stock the SRT8 392 is faster. There isn't a base model of the SRT8. They are all loaded really. Only thing missing is nav really. So saying give the money over what you pay is just stupid. If that the case just buy a Fbody camaro and build it for 15k and easily run 9's.
Or a older civic and mod it to run 9-10's for 10k.

Now once modding starts its anyones game. SRT's are being held back right now cause Mopar will not release the tuning software. Simply cause they have a Supercharged version coming out. That is suppose to crush the ZL1 and GT500. We will see if they do indeed in about a year. But once tuning released you will see them SRT8's run 10's full weight. They will not need to cut it like us. That is was that monster 6.4L 392cu in will do. Watch and see. They did it with the 6.1L's.
Well man most of the time I'm on your side but just listen to what I'm saying. I got my brembo gt with minimal goodies for 29,850$ to be exact the 392 starts at 45k and that's if u can get one with out a mark up! I don't care how it is loaded the point is u buy at 45k to get one! That's a diff of 15000$ and I promise u I can have a way better interior and hell of alot more power for that price! The point is for the money u get less with the chally. And these cars run more 12.6 to 13sec times than anything I have been to the forums and seen time slips maybe one claims a 12.25 run stock but maybe he is a lucky factory special or maybe he's just full of sh** he had no time slip. Out of 21 auto 392's only one claims to have run 12.25 stock most of the other stock 392's ran 12.6 to 13.0 sec and don't say what tires they are runnin. Even mags have it at 13 sec don't care what u believe about the mags they have at least better than average drivers. I love all muscle cars but if the Stang came stock with that power it would kill the 392! But mods are not, I don't care FOR THE MONEY U SPEND U GET MORE EVERYTHING POWER, INTERIOR, AND HANDLING WITH THE 5.0! Like I said I will be pushing 525+HP for 33200$ compared to 45000$ for 470hp. No matter how u flip this give me the 15000$ diff and I'll show u a car a chally can't touch in any way except SPACE they are big.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:12 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

Well man most of the time I'm on your side but just listen to what I'm saying. I got my brembo gt with minimal goodies for 29,850$ to be exact the 392 starts at 45k and that's if u can get one with out a mark up! I don't care how it is loaded the point is u buy at 45k to get one! That's a diff of 15000$ and I promise u I can have a way better interior and hell of alot more power for that price! The point is for the money u get less with the chally. And these cars run more 12.6 to 13sec times than anything I have been to the forums and seen time slips maybe one claims a 12.25 run stock but maybe he is a lucky factory special or maybe he's just full of sh** he had no time slip. Out of 21 auto 392's only one claims to have run 12.25 stock most of the other stock 392's ran 12.6 to 13.0 sec and don't say what tires they are runnin. Even mags have it at 13 sec don't care what u believe about the mags they have at least better than average drivers. I love all muscle cars but if the Stang came stock with that power it would kill the 392! But mods are not, I don't care FOR THE MONEY U SPEND U GET MORE EVERYTHING POWER, INTERIOR, AND HANDLING WITH THE 5.0! Like I said I will be pushing 525+HP for 33200$ compared to 45000$ for 470hp. No matter how u flip this give me the 15000$ diff and I'll show u a car a chally can't touch in any way except SPACE they are big.
+1
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular
 
Beau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

Well man most of the time I'm on your side but just listen to what I'm saying. I got my brembo gt with minimal goodies for 29,850$ to be exact the 392 starts at 45k and that's if u can get one with out a mark up! I don't care how it is loaded the point is u buy at 45k to get one! That's a diff of 15000$ and I promise u I can have a way better interior and hell of alot more power for that price! The point is for the money u get less with the chally. And these cars run more 12.6 to 13sec times than anything I have been to the forums and seen time slips maybe one claims a 12.25 run stock but maybe he is a lucky factory special or maybe he's just full of sh** he had no time slip. Out of 21 auto 392's only one claims to have run 12.25 stock most of the other stock 392's ran 12.6 to 13.0 sec and don't say what tires they are runnin. Even mags have it at 13 sec don't care what u believe about the mags they have at least better than average drivers. I love all muscle cars but if the Stang came stock with that power it would kill the 392! But mods are not, I don't care FOR THE MONEY U SPEND U GET MORE EVERYTHING POWER, INTERIOR, AND HANDLING WITH THE 5.0! Like I said I will be pushing 525+HP for 33200$ compared to 45000$ for 470hp. No matter how u flip this give me the 15000$ diff and I'll show u a car a chally can't touch in any way except SPACE they are big.
Amen
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
So the question i would have would be what is the difference between all of the cars that are mentioned if they are all on slicks because as someone has already stated no one that runs at the track runs very long on street tires.... An challey srt8 with slicks verses a brembo 5.0 on slicks. But price wise the gt500 is closer to the challenger srt8 anyway so that should be the comparison both on slicks....thats a better comparison no mods straight stock with tires...
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:51 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85
So the question i would have would be what is the difference between all of the cars that are mentioned if they are all on slicks because as someone has already stated no one that runs at the track runs very long on street tires.... An challey srt8 with slicks verses a brembo 5.0 on slicks. But price wise the gt500 is closer to the challenger srt8 anyway so that should be the comparison both on slicks....thats a better comparison no mods straight stock with tires...
Gt 500 would smoke that a** all day long! Assuming the drivers know how to drag
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:14 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

Well man most of the time I'm on your side but just listen to what I'm saying. I got my brembo gt with minimal goodies for 29,850$ to be exact the 392 starts at 45k and that's if u can get one with out a mark up! I don't care how it is loaded the point is u buy at 45k to get one! That's a diff of 15000$ and I promise u I can have a way better interior and hell of alot more power for that price! The point is for the money u get less with the chally. And these cars run more 12.6 to 13sec times than anything I have been to the forums and seen time slips maybe one claims a 12.25 run stock but maybe he is a lucky factory special or maybe he's just full of sh** he had no time slip. Out of 21 auto 392's only one claims to have run 12.25 stock most of the other stock 392's ran 12.6 to 13.0 sec and don't say what tires they are runnin. Even mags have it at 13 sec don't care what u believe about the mags they have at least better than average drivers. I love all muscle cars but if the Stang came stock with that power it would kill the 392! But mods are not, I don't care FOR THE MONEY U SPEND U GET MORE EVERYTHING POWER, INTERIOR, AND HANDLING WITH THE 5.0! Like I said I will be pushing 525+HP for 33200$ compared to 45000$ for 470hp. No matter how u flip this give me the 15000$ diff and I'll show u a car a chally can't touch in any way except SPACE they are big.
Agreed!
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Airbag Module FYI MedxGT 2011-2014 Mustang GT 4 10-30-2011 06:23 AM
FYI: Emails Are Being Worked On Brent ME Site Help & Announcements 0 10-20-2011 05:18 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:53 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.