FYI - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #141
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Here is my question. If it isn't the fastest out the pony cars how is it the king of the streets? Stock for stock the SRT8 392 is faster. There isn't a base model of the SRT8. They are all loaded really. Only thing missing is nav really. So saying give the money over what you pay is just stupid. If that the case just buy a Fbody camaro and build it for 15k and easily run 9's.
Or a older civic and mod it to run 9-10's for 10k.

Now once modding starts its anyones game. SRT's are being held back right now cause Mopar will not release the tuning software. Simply cause they have a Supercharged version coming out. That is suppose to crush the ZL1 and GT500. We will see if they do indeed in about a year. But once tuning released you will see them SRT8's run 10's full weight. They will not need to cut it like us. That is was that monster 6.4L 392cu in will do. Watch and see. They did it with the 6.1L's.
Dude just sell your Mustang and go buy a Challenger or Camaro or a Corvette!... And you obviously will be alot happier!... On the other hand you can still go get your Honda Civic and mod the he'll out of it too!!... Lol. You actually sound like you have no love for the the Mustang!.. So then just get rid of it and get some thing you like!..

Come to think of it that Civic might be more your stile!... Hahahahaha
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #142
Registered Member
Regular
 
tylerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 258
its funny people don't like reality , I love mustangs but facts are facts and they don't upset me but i think he likes his stang , look at how much time and money he is putting into it
tylerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:20 PM   #143
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerb
its funny people don't like reality , I love mustangs but facts are facts and they don't upset me but i think he likes his stang , look at how much time and money he is putting into it
+2
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-18-2011, 11:47 PM   #144
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerb
its funny people don't like reality , I love mustangs but facts are facts and they don't upset me but i think he likes his stang , look at how much time and money he is putting into it
I for one do live in reality!.. Reality is that most of the cars on this site (to include the new Challenger and Camaro, V8's) will smoke my car!.. That's fine by me because I have what I love and can afford!.. But this other guy has been talking up the new Camaro and Challenger so much that it sounds like he really doesn't care for the his Mustang!.. And if that's the case then he should just sell it and get the car he really wants!.. Personally I love anything that is fast and fun to drive!.. But at the end of the day I'll still take my Mustang!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:54 PM   #145
Registered Member
Regular
 
tylerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

I for one do live in reality!.. Reality is that most of the cars on this site (to include the new Challenger and Camaro, V8's) will smoke my car!.. That's fine by me because I have what I love and can afford!.. But this other guy has been talking up the new Camaro and Challenger so much that it sounds like he really doesn't care for the his Mustang!.. And if that's the case then he should just sell it and get the car he really wants!.. Personally I love anything that is fast and fun to drive!.. But at the end of the day I'll still take my Mustang!..
I feel you, I'm bout the same way I'm just saying you don't really have to suck off a mustang or ford with everything you say ... everyone has made good points though
tylerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #146
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerb View Post
I feel you, I'm bout the same way I'm just saying you don't really have to suck off a mustang or ford with everything you say ... everyone has made good points though

+1
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:38 AM   #147
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerb

I feel you, I'm bout the same way I'm just saying you don't really have to suck off a mustang or ford with everything you say ... everyone has made good points though
My point being that it sounds like he doesn't like his Mustang all that much!.. And I do believe there was some one else on here who made a similar comment about him!.. If that's the case then get what you like and can afford!.. And no I don't go around sucking off Ford or mustangs with every thing I say!.. Personally the only Fords I have a love for is the Mustang and the GT!.. All the others I believe are good cars they are just ugly as he'll!.. Except maybe the Fussion!.. I kinda lime the way it looks!.. Lol.

Like I said... You get what you like and can afford!.. And this guy sounds like he just got what he can afford!.. But that's just my take on it!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:59 AM   #148
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
Dude just sell your Mustang and go buy a Challenger or Camaro or a Corvette!... And you obviously will be alot happier!... On the other hand you can still go get your Honda Civic and mod the he'll out of it too!!... Lol. You actually sound like you have no love for the the Mustang!.. So then just get rid of it and get some thing you like!..

Come to think of it that Civic might be more your stile!... Hahahahaha
Whats funny is I know least 10 civics that would hand your mustang its ***.

I love my car but as above facts are facts. As I also stated if I could have afforded a Z06 I would have bought one. What worse is my 4 dr family car handed Mustangs their *** till the 5.0 came back out. And then it still took a modded one to beat my 4dr family car. But wait they are not in the same calss. The 2dr mustang vs a 4dr family car. That made more power then 2010 prior mustangs. Until 2011 the mustang still couldn't beat LOS1 camaro's.

Now with my mustang I am not worried. As i will not lose very much and it will take a lot to beat me. You on the other hand can't say the same. Specially when them civic's and other imports you dis come faster then you do.


Also I love my mustang. I bought it cause it was what I wanted put of the 3 pony cars. The challenger weighed to much for what I wanted to do with the car and so did the camaro. On the down side the mustang had a unproven engine compared to the LS3 in the Camaro. A chance I was willing to take. ALso I wasn't going to buy a SRT8 392 to end up ripping the leather seats/GPS and everything out. I bought a base model cause I knew I would change everything in the car. But I also know there is cars better out there. From stock to highly modded. As said again unlike you I am not some simple mustang nutswinger. I like cars fast cars period. Be it a Civic running 10's or faster a mustang camaro or lambo.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Also my final goals with the car are way beyond what most people will do. It will not be done over night either. But I want to know I can run with AMS GTR's/LMR Vettes/UGR Lambo's/SW's Ford GT. All cars that go over 200mph in the TX mile and also all cars that make over 1200whp.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:41 AM   #149
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Whats funny is I know least 10 civics that would hand your mustang its ***.

I love my car but as above facts are facts. As I also stated if I could have afforded a Z06 I would have bought one. What worse is my 4 dr family car handed Mustangs their *** till the 5.0 came back out. And then it still took a modded one to beat my 4dr family car. But wait they are not in the same calss. The 2dr mustang vs a 4dr family car. That made more power then 2010 prior mustangs. Until 2011 the mustang still couldn't beat LOS1 camaro's.

Now with my mustang I am not worried. As i will not lose very much and it will take a lot to beat me. You on the other hand can't say the same. Specially when them civic's and other imports you dis come faster then you do.

Also I love my mustang. I bought it cause it was what I wanted put of the 3 pony cars. The challenger weighed to much for what I wanted to do with the car and so did the camaro. On the down side the mustang had a unproven engine compared to the LS3 in the Camaro. A chance I was willing to take. ALso I wasn't going to buy a SRT8 392 to end up ripping the leather seats/GPS and everything out. I bought a base model cause I knew I would change everything in the car. But I also know there is cars better out there. From stock to highly modded. As said again unlike you I am not some simple mustang nutswinger. I like cars fast cars period. Be it a Civic running 10's or faster a mustang camaro or lambo.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Also my final goals with the car are way beyond what most people will do. It will not be done over night either. But I want to know I can run with AMS GTR's/LMR Vettes/UGR Lambo's/SW's Ford GT. All cars that go over 200mph in the TX mile and also all cars that make over 1200whp.
I like it!! Do it big!! If I had the money I would be right there with ya! But I don't so bolt ons will have to do for now
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:58 AM   #150
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: FYI

Guys ,lets try to keep this to "car talk" its leaning to the point of bashing one another and if it goes that way we will have to shut it down. Everyone has great points and this is a great read so lets try and keep it that way.

Thanks
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:42 AM   #151
Registered Member
Regular
 
Beav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 565
Re: FYI

FYI............. Actually, I drive Mustangs because they came out when I was in the Fourth grade and my grandfather and my dad drove Fords.... I have no rational reason, it is something that happened to me before puberty. I instantly loved Mustangs and even though there were many, many years that the car magazines would pick the Camaro over the Mustang in comparisons, my love never waned...

I read the numbers and listen to what guys have to say, but when it gets down to it, I don't buy a car because it is the fastest in the quarter mile, 0-60, or what ever else numbers you want to throw out there, I am interested in something that fills my needs. I don't need to be the fastest... but I certainly like to be fast...

I like a sharp looking car that gets attention, goes like stink, can hang the corners, gets decent gas mileage, is sporty stiff but compliant enough for road trips, and will haul 4 adults out to dinner.... My Mustang does this for me... There are a few other car models that I wouldn't mind owning but I don't come to a Mustang forum to talk about them...
__________________

07 Roush 427R, Brembo 14" rotor and four piston calipers

05 GT Mustang, FRPP, FR X pipe, Hurst short throw,
American Racing Torque Thrust 10X20 wheels,
Granettelli tower brace, custom painted flat black grafix, Yellow Optima
Beav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #152
Registered Member
Regular
 
M3to5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Deridder
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 537
Re: FYI

I am with this ^^^^^ guy!!!
__________________
"Got to kill.... Captain Stupid"
M3to5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #153
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav
FYI............. Actually, I drive Mustangs because they came out when I was in the Fourth grade and my grandfather and my dad drove Fords.... I have no rational reason, it is something that happened to me before puberty. I instantly loved Mustangs and even though there were many, many years that the car magazines would pick the Camaro over the Mustang in comparisons, my love never waned...

I read the numbers and listen to what guys have to say, but when it gets down to it, I don't buy a car because it is the fastest in the quarter mile, 0-60, or what ever else numbers you want to throw out there, I am interested in something that fills my needs. I don't need to be the fastest... but I certainly like to be fast...

I like a sharp looking car that gets attention, goes like stink, can hang the corners, gets decent gas mileage, is sporty stiff but compliant enough for road trips, and will haul 4 adults out to dinner.... My Mustang does this for me... There are a few other car models that I wouldn't mind owning but I don't come to a Mustang forum to talk about them...
Spot on!!!!
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #154
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
I like it!! Do it big!! If I had the money I would be right there with ya! But I don't so bolt ons will have to do for now
All in time. It will be least 2yrs till I build a engine that can handle least 18-20lbs of boost. Maybe more. Then I will also be an auto by that time.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #155
Registered Member
Regular
 
wereKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 1,863
Re: FYI

To me there is no other cars except mustangs they are by far the best looking cars on the road vetts are over priced , camaros are just too fat and bulky looking they look like a 69 camaro that got pregnant.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:37 PM   #156
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav
FYI............. Actually, I drive Mustangs because they came out when I was in the Fourth grade and my grandfather and my dad drove Fords.... I have no rational reason, it is something that happened to me before puberty. I instantly loved Mustangs and even though there were many, many years that the car magazines would pick the Camaro over the Mustang in comparisons, my love never waned...

I read the numbers and listen to what guys have to say, but when it gets down to it, I don't buy a car because it is the fastest in the quarter mile, 0-60, or what ever else numbers you want to throw out there, I am interested in something that fills my needs. I don't need to be the fastest... but I certainly like to be fast...

I like a sharp looking car that gets attention, goes like stink, can hang the corners, gets decent gas mileage, is sporty stiff but compliant enough for road trips, and will haul 4 adults out to dinner.... My Mustang does this for me... There are a few other car models that I wouldn't mind owning but I don't come to a Mustang forum to talk about them...
Agreed.. But there will always be those who have to be devils advocate, and troll I believe is what it's called. I too have been about mustangs before my adult life, my pop has had Vettes, Porsches, Lotus and I still prefer my stangs..
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:43 PM   #157
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

All in time. It will be least 2yrs till I build a engine that can handle least 18-20lbs of boost. Maybe more. Then I will also be an auto by that time.
Sweet! Who knows by then I will be FI!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:55 PM   #158
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Sweet! Who knows by then I will be FI!
When it comes down to it its the only way to stay ahead of the competition.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #159
Registered Member
Regular
 
GT_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Virginia
Posts: 76
I just read all 11+ pages and about half was extremely interesting and the other half made me want to jump in my Mustang and drive off a cliff. I understand having a passion for your car, but really? A big dick contest? Lol. I love my Mustang and couldn't be happier. I couldn't tell you half the "facts" about it that everyone seems to know about, but I know I enjoy driving it and that's what matters.

On a side note: If you're going to bash people or make sarcastic comments, please use proper grammar and spelling. It's a pet peeve of mine and since you are clearly taking the time to type something out, look over it before you post. Thaaaaaanks!
__________________
2012 GT/CS | 3.73's, Raxiom smoked headlights, smoked tail lights, GT500 axlebacks, Steeda CAI, Bama Racing Tune (93), 20% tint |
GT_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:19 PM   #160
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT_Man
I just read all 11+ pages and about half was extremely interesting and the other half made me want to jump in my Mustang and drive off a cliff. I understand having a passion for your car, but really? A big dick contest? Lol. I love my Mustang and couldn't be happier. I couldn't tell you half the "facts" about it that everyone seems to know about, but I know I enjoy driving it and that's what matters.

On a side note: If you're going to bash people or make sarcastic comments, please use proper grammar and spelling. It's a pet peeve of mine and since you are clearly taking the time to type something out, look over it before you post. Thaaaaaanks!
Lmao! This thread is hilarious
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #161
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: FYI

Is amazing how 1 bad apple can ruin the bunch meaning this thread is closed.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Airbag Module FYI MedxGT 2011-2014 Mustang GT 4 10-30-2011 06:23 AM
FYI: Emails Are Being Worked On Brent ME Site Help & Announcements 0 10-20-2011 05:18 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:52 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.