Door ding and Dynamat - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-19-2011, 01:24 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Door ding and Dynamat

Well just got a itty-bitty door ding on the drivers side door, just to the rear and above the handle, and was debating paint-less dent repair.
Second, if I had to pull the door panel, I figured I might as well Dynamat the interior while I'm in there. Anyone else been inside the doors? Is there already a coating in there? Anyone else Dynamat'd their stang with positive results?
Thanks
MedxGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2011, 05:13 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: Door ding and Dynamat

I don't know if I would see the need to dynamat my door unless I had the stuff just laying around.I wouldn't buy it to do unless I had some sound problems.On the body ding you can get that fixed and never know it.Paint OK?Be sure to talk to the guy or they will drill a hole and plug it.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:57 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Yea I do paintless dent repairs... I only done a few 10+ Mustangs and I ran into the same dent u have on a 2010 and there is a layer f sound deadener on top which made it hard for me to get the ding out.... I did have to drill a small hole to get the proper leverage and remove the dent correctly... Where do u live?
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2011, 09:29 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Napa Valley, California.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'm in Jersey, sucks to hear about the dent. If u don't know anybody who does it, I would recommend going back to the dealer and maybe they could set u up. I don't think that dent should be a problem... worst case they may have to drill a small hole with a plug which is definitely much better than body work.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Totally agree about the small hole vs body work. I think the hole/plug would be covered by the trim panel, so no big.
I dread pulling apart the door panel and having some squeak/buzzle/rattle show up after.
My other thought was about the Dynamat, since the door would have the panel off of it.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I actually pulled off the doors panels the 1st week I got the car to swit
ch it the front 6x8s... factory ones are horrible, they're as light as a slice of bread... only thing that sucks about dynamat is the extra weight its gonna add...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

« Tpms sensors | FYI »