Mustang Evolution Forum banner

how to remove side scoops?

14K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  M3to5.0 
#1 ·
Hey I know this might a dumb question but I'm new to this. I purchased my 5.0 a few months ago and it came with the side scoops and i just want to take them off does anyone now how?

#2 ·
I'm sure everyone seeing this will wonder as I am: Why in the world, would you want to take them off??

#4 ·
They are probably attached by 3m sticky tape, and if so you can remove them with fishing wire. But why would you?

#10 ·
If you have a GT/CS and you take them off I would think it may lower the value. California Special is about a $2000 option and side scoops are part of the package. I understand if it's not your taste to have them on. But, you should hold on to them if you remove them for the future. If its not a CS it's probably an after market part and won't effect the value.

#12 ·
I have some black ones from the acc pkg that I will sale. Pm me if interested

#13 ·
they came with the car. they are nice but for some reason i just really like to have a clean look. I also want to remove the hood scoop as well which will also be for sale. I just think it's a much cleaner look in my opinion, if anyone is interested let me know I should have them removed both pretty soon

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

and yes they are black

#16 ·
The fishing line, being slid underneath, "cutting them away from the tape/body"-after heating the whole perimeter with a hair dryer..Then their are products, ie., under the Technician's Choice brand: TEC90 Adhesive Remover, to remove the goo from the body..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.