2014 50th Redesign? What do you think? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-28-2011, 04:30 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok

Don't forget they almost scrapped the mustang in the early 90's for the Probe. That was their original plan until everyone freaked out about it.
Ya but I think Ford learned from some of their past mistakes!.. Aka there will never be a FWD Mustang!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 08:21 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Ya but I think Ford learned from some of their past mistakes!.. Aka there will never be a FWD Mustang!..
I wouldn't necessarily say that.....even though they had not had a redesign in years I think fords most recent "dumbest mistake ever" is canceling the ranger and crown Vic....two of their biggest money makers. They had no money in redesign fees and they sell like crazy....it's almost pure profit that they gave up.

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:41 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT

I wouldn't necessarily say that.....even though they had not had a redesign in years I think fords most recent "dumbest mistake ever" is canceling the ranger and crown Vic....two of their biggest money makers. They had no money in redesign fees and they sell like crazy....it's almost pure profit that they gave up.
Ya but the Crown Vic was costing them money on the civilian side to make!.. They were losing money on it that's why they just started making only the police version of it!..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ya but the Crown Vic was costing them money on the civilian side to make!.. They were losing money on it that's why they just started making only the police version of it!..
Wait, so they are still making police versions?? The one article I read just said they were stopping production and police were looking at the Taurus, or a full size Chevy that Chevy was talking about comin out with.?.?.? I'm confused....

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
Old 12-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wait, so they are still making police versions?? The one article I read just said they were stopping production and police were looking at the Taurus, or a full size Chevy that Chevy was talking about comin out with.?.?.? I'm confused....
Up until about a year ago they were still making the police versions!.. But it was like 2 or 3 years prior that they stopped making the civilian ones!.. The only difference between the two was an oil and tranny cooler, beefed up suspension and brakes for the police one!.. And a couple of other minor things but I can't really remember what!..
Old 12-28-2011, 10:00 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

Up until about a year ago they were still making the police versions!.. But it was like 2 or 3 years prior that they stopped making the civilian ones!.. The only difference between the two was an oil and tranny cooler, beefed up suspension and brakes for the police one!.. And a couple of other minor things but I can't really remember what!..
Ill tell you one thing. Those ford crown vic's take an a$$ whooping from police and they last 200k. One tough engine.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:03 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Ill tell you one thing. Those ford crown vic's take an a$$ whooping from police and they last 200k. One tough engine.
Oh trust me I know!.. A buddy of mine is a local cop and I've done many ride alongs with him and to say they get beat on constantly is an understatement!!...
Old 12-28-2011, 11:10 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh trust me I know!.. A buddy of mine is a local cop and I've done many ride alongs with him and to say they get beat on constantly is an understatement!!...
Im a county cop and we drive mostly crown vic's. I go about 30 k year and its just the nature of the business, those cars get ridden hard. The transmissions really take an Ike Turner beat down. Ford can sure build an engine and transmission.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:29 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Im a county cop and we drive mostly crown vic's. I go about 30 k year and its just the nature of the business, those cars get ridden hard. The transmissions really take an Ike Turner beat down. Ford can sure build an engine and transmission.
Why do you think I stoped wearing little bowties and started supporting the blue oval??... Hahahahahahaha.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #45
Road Trip!

Region: Alabama
Its kinda cool but reminds me of a focus which makes me think tuner car and an ecoboost v6 which just dosent say mustang to me also conjers up hurendis thoughts of the mustang turning into a ricer which is just all bad so boo on that pic i say if thats the direction they want to go personally think they should rethink it.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #46

Region: Kentucky
Re: 2014 50th Redesign? What do you think?

U G L Y (IMO)
KY02MUSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by KY02MUSTANG
U G L Y (IMO)
I agree. I don't like it either
DA BEAST7524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

UUUUUUUUUUUGLY
That wont be the new 'Stang trust me .............
Old 01-12-2012, 06:47 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:

Dude, I hope so because I found that car picture on line and that ***** looks like an audi or some other european car. Certainly not an American pony car. Dear Ford if you read this site at all, please please please don't make the next generation stang look like that picture. Good lord. That was horrible.
Astin martin?

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

Ok so let's look at mustangs past. Almost every mustang design has been based on and looked very similar to another car. Usually an european car that the U.S. couldn't have. And every redesign has been completely different. This disign looks like an astin martin mixed with a ford tourus. Astin martin is a good car....none in U.S.....I wouldn't b shocked if our 2015 disign resembled this.
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishn8

Astin martin?

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

Ok so let's look at mustangs past. Almost every mustang design has been based on and looked very similar to another car. Usually an european car that the U.S. couldn't have. And every redesign has been completely different. This disign looks like an astin martin mixed with a ford tourus. Astin martin is a good car....none in U.S.....I wouldn't b shocked if our 2015 disign resembled this.
Astin Martin is fine but I don't want a mustang looking like that. Its a mustang not a Astin Martin. Not some euro car. Its an American classic. Those old 70's mach mustangs were the best looking and flat out bad a$$. Leave the european looking cars to the foreign car manufacturers. Let American pony be American. You don't change apple pie to look like some european desert.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Astin Martin is fine but I don't want a mustang looking like that. Its a mustang not a Astin Martin. Not some euro car. Its an American classic. Those old 70's mach mustangs were the best looking and flat out bad a$$. Leave the european looking cars to the foreign car manufacturers. Let American pony be American. You don't change apple pie to look like some european desert.
+11
Old 01-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
We r in 100% agreement! I have a 73 and I think its the sexiest thing on four wheels. THAT'S what we need is AMERICAN muscle!
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishn8
We r in 100% agreement! I have a 73 and I think its the sexiest thing on four wheels. THAT'S what we need is AMERICAN muscle!
Amen brother. American muscle, not euro mobile. If I want an Audi, ill buy an Audi. I want me a hot looking American pony car that screams American iconic pony car.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #54

Region: Virginia
I personally believe that the Mustang was strongest and most beautiful from the original '64 to maybe the mid '70's models. Now, Ford is supposed to be All-American and the Mustang an All-American muscle car. If memory serves, America is all about sticking to your roots; your history. Alot of American auto style history has followed and morphed around the Mustang. I miss the classic, original body style that when you drove up behind someone, they looked in their rear-view and got chills from the pure bad-*** left in it's wake.
Labottoms13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labottoms13
I personally believe that the Mustang was strongest and most beautiful from the original '64 to maybe the mid '70's models. Now, Ford is supposed to be All-American and the Mustang an All-American muscle car. If memory serves, America is all about sticking to your roots; your history. Alot of American auto style history has followed and morphed around the Mustang. I miss the classic, original body style that when you drove up behind someone, they looked in their rear-view and got chills from the pure bad-*** left in it's wake.
Amen, couldn't been said any better.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labottoms13
+1

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I agree! I would add that the 2005 - 2009 was the next best. The 2010 + are not too bad until you get to the rear, I think it is butt-ugly ( pun intended). And what is the one part of a Mustang that most other cars see? The rear of the Mustang!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGator
I agree! I would add that the 2005 - 2009 was the next best. The 2010 + are not too bad until you get to the rear, I think it is butt-ugly ( pun intended). And what is the one part of a Mustang that most other cars see? The rear of the Mustang!
I actually like their (2010+) butts better.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:02 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA BEAST7524

I actually like their (2010+) butts better.
Had to grow on me but so do i

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
Old 01-31-2012, 05:03 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Had to grow on me but so do i
Me too. But now every time I see one im like WOW that looks nice
Old 01-31-2012, 10:45 PM   #61
Road Trip!

Same but i still think it should be improved a bit asstheticklly speaking that is.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Of course I'm partial to the 10 plus design but I love the rear of the 10 plus. Me personally, I'm no fan of the rear end of the 2005-09.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #63
Road Trip!

Quote:
Of course I'm partial to the 10 plus design but I love the rear of the 10 plus. Me personally, I'm no fan of the rear end of the 2005-09.
Agreed. Honestly (no offence to any who have one) i dont really like the 05-09 body styling its to "boxy" for my likeing in all honesty the 11-12 stangs are a huge improvement looks wise. i was allways more partial to the 67-70 fast back stangs in patickular the 69-70 mach 1 fastbacks and boss' (big blocks of course i mean come on right?) and i belive the 11-12 are a very good modren representation of those yrs so just need that bumper and a few things tweked to make them perfect.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:16 AM   #64
Road Trip!

Picked up a copy of mm&ff took a better look at the mustang evos concept....

:vomit: looks like a f**king cross between a volvo and an eclips wtf r they thinking :stupid: im so dissappointed in them atm.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:19 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Smile Re: 2014 50th Redesign? What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx View Post
In 2014, Ford will celebrate the Mustang’s 50th anniversary and it will do so by launching a brand new model. The revelation comes from the company’s design chief, J Mays, who spoke to journalist during the 64th International Auto Show in Frankfurt.
According to Mays, the design of the next-generation Mustang has already “locked down” three years ahead of its launch. The real surprise, though, is that Mays states that the new version of Ford’s iconic pony car will look more into the future than in to its past.

"Both redesigns introduced in 2005 and 2010 are retro vehicles," Mays told journalist on the sidelines of the Frankfurt Motor Show. "The challenge with the 50th anniversary car is to not just look back over your shoulder, but to try to win all of the Mustang faithful yet bring the brand forward as well.”

That’s quite a high order, but Mays is more than confident that, even though the new Mustang will be different, it will still retain its character.

“It has to look like a Mustang, but you go down a list of things than might or might not be necessary to make the car look like a Mustang," said Mays.

Ford really needs the new Mustang to succeed, as the current model is lagging behind its arch enemy/rival, GM's Chevrolet Camaro. In the first eight months of the year, Chevrolet's pony car has outsold the Mustang by more than 10,000 units – and that’s not counting the convertible version that recently hit the market.
Less retro more modern? Possibly be bringing back an older body style (like challenger) and making it modern? I'd like to see a '70s Mach 1 fastback style. Your ideas?
yeah ! 70s Mach 1 sounds cool !
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Guys, the Evos concept is/was simply that the Evos concept. It was NOT intended to be an sort of concept for ANY Mustang. The Evos sports design cues that are to be used on the Fusion, Focus, and Taurus. Ford has already stated multiple times that the next Gen Mustang will have a global design concept, lighter weight and independent rear suspension. Anything else can only be pure conjecture at this point.
fadedsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:42 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
If the new stang is going to stay competitive and mmeet emissions its going to have to drop weight.. 3200lbs would be better... this means its going to shrink. I'm ok with that. I think we can expect something more modern in terms of styling. Price is going to go up, materials on interior will get better, and I bet there are gonna be a lot of dissapointed classic mustang fans.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #68

Region: Pennsylvania

The way I see it
1965 1st year
1966 2nd year
1967 3rd year
1968 4th year
1969 5th year
1970 6th year
1971 7th year
1972 8th year
1973 9th year
1974 10th year
1984 20th year
1994 30th year
1999 35th year
2004 40th year
2009 45th year
2014 50th year
monstenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #69

Region: Minnesota
Send a message via ICQ to 55fordpickup
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstenco
The way I see it
1965 1st year
1966 2nd year
1967 3rd year
1968 4th year
1969 5th year
1970 6th year
1971 7th year
1972 8th year
1973 9th year
1974 10th year
1984 20th year
1994 30th year
1999 35th year
2004 40th year
2009 45th year
2014 50th year
You forgot the best mustang the mustang II lol
55fordpickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
2014 mustang GT has over 500hp!!!!
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT