Header and x pipe install! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Header and x pipe install!

Install being done as this is being posted!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-352412940.png
Views:	345
Size:	899.8 KB
ID:	34913
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Sweet!..let us know how long the headers take!..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Yeah please do because I am contemplating on doing my own as well although it will be a pain
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
How does she sound now?!
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema
How does she sound now?!
There still being installed
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
M3to5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Deridder
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 537
Re: Header and x pipe install!

Like a kid in a toy store.... I cant wait to hear your feedback
__________________
"Got to kill.... Captain Stupid"
M3to5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:15 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

There still being installed
Can't wait to hear them
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:56 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
DFUNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Palm Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema

Can't wait to hear them
Ditto!
__________________
2012 GT Premium Grabber Blue
Shaker 500 | Brembo PKG | Comfort | NAV | Roush Axle Back Exhaust | Pro Cal Tune with drop in K&N | VRROOOOM!
DFUNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Re: Header and x pipe install!

You are killing us with the suspense. LOL
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Sooo..... Lol
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:13 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Sorry guys I had some technical difficulties. I had a preloaded tune for the header install from steeda but when I tried to load the tune after the install I plugged my tuner in and got a file system error message that said I had to reload. That's all the display screen would read. So I drove home 3 1/2 hours without the correct tune. The car ran sluggish but it still has not thrown a code yet. Will. E getting in touch with stage 3 motorsports Monday about my SCT tuner. But besides that aggravation the car sounds great!! Had to put the back seat down to get the box with the old parts into the trunk so the trunk was open to the cabin area I could hear the exhaust tone all the way home LOUD because of this but it was awsome! At slow take off to 2k rpm it GROWLS at u but 2500 and up she screams " I'm going to murder u!!!" lol . I love the sound it's mean as hell and at highway speeds she is tame, but under any acceleration she turns heads:Headbang: will try to post a video soon might be a while as will be busy the next few days.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:21 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo
Sorry guys I had some technical difficulties. I had a preloaded tune for the header install from steeda but when I tried to load the tune after the install I plugged my tuner in and got a file system error message that said I had to reload. That's all the display screen would read. So I drove home 3 1/2 hours without the correct tune. The car ran sluggish but it still has not thrown a code yet. Will. E getting in touch with stage 3 motorsports Monday about my SCT tuner. But besides that aggravation the car sounds great!! Had to put the back seat down to get the box with the old parts into the trunk so the trunk was open to the cabin area I could hear the exhaust tone all the way home LOUD because of this but it was awsome! At slow take off to 2k rpm it GROWLS at u but 2500 and up she screams " I'm going to murder u!!!" lol . I love the sound it's mean as hell and at highway speeds she is tame, but under any acceleration she turns heads:Headbang: will try to post a video soon might be a while as will be busy the next few days.
What's ur complete set up?
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:34 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO

What's ur complete set up?
Stainless works 1 7/8" headers , SW's 3" o/r x pipe, Roush axlebacks, Boss mani, JLT cai, steeda race tune. Oh and just installed JLT oil separator this is my complete setup!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:26 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Re: Header and x pipe install!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Sorry guys I had some technical difficulties. I had a preloaded tune for the header install from steeda but when I tried to load the tune after the install I plugged my tuner in and got a file system error message that said I had to reload. That's all the display screen would read. So I drove home 3 1/2 hours without the correct tune. The car ran sluggish but it still has not thrown a code yet. Will. E getting in touch with stage 3 motorsports Monday about my SCT tuner. But besides that aggravation the car sounds great!! Had to put the back seat down to get the box with the old parts into the trunk so the trunk was open to the cabin area I could hear the exhaust tone all the way home LOUD because of this but it was awsome! At slow take off to 2k rpm it GROWLS at u but 2500 and up she screams " I'm going to murder u!!!" lol . I love the sound it's mean as hell and at highway speeds she is tame, but under any acceleration she turns heads:Headbang: will try to post a video soon might be a while as will be busy the next few days.
Awesome! Let us know how much better it sounds and runs with the proper tune.
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd

Awesome! Let us know how much better it sounds and runs with the proper tune.
Will do. Have to wait till Monday to get everything straight. Surprisingly the car has not thrown a code yet.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
M3to5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Deridder
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 537
Re: Header and x pipe install!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Will do. Have to wait till Monday to get everything straight. Surprisingly the car has not thrown a code yet.

Only because she is happy that you gave her some new "drawers" ;o)
__________________
"Got to kill.... Captain Stupid"
M3to5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:39 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 151
Did u update the tuner before loading the new tunes? Make sure u stay correct on the sct firmware.
Dbsaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

Will do. Have to wait till Monday to get everything straight. Surprisingly the car has not thrown a code yet.
Can't believe u drove it without the correct tune Lol.
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO

Can't believe u drove it without the correct tune Lol.
It's just going to run rich and sluggish till I get the right tune was expecting it to throw a code but hasn't yet.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

It's just going to run rich and sluggish till I get the right tune was expecting it to throw a code but hasn't yet.
What do u do once it throws a code?
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO

What do u do once it throws a code?
Just wait till I get my correct tune and then use my SCT tuner to clear the code
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

Just wait till I get my correct tune and then use my SCT tuner to clear the code
I remember when I put my JLT CAI & the last thing to do was to upload the tune but my SCT tuner was defected it Wudnt turn on. I turned my car on & it sounded like I had camshafts Lol
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:21 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO

I remember when I put my JLT CAI & the last thing to do was to upload the tune but my SCT tuner was defected it Wudnt turn on. I turned my car on & it sounded like I had camshafts Lol
Will be Calling Stage3 tomorrow and get this straightened out ASAP!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: Header and x pipe install!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO View Post
I remember when I put my JLT CAI & the last thing to do was to upload the tune but my SCT tuner was defected it Wudnt turn on. I turned my car on & it sounded like I had camshafts Lol
Changing the MAF housing does a lot more ugly things without a tune than changing headers. This is why some CAIs don't need a tune, they keep the MAF housing the same size/shape which means that the air is metered in the same way. When you change this and don't update the tune, the engine gets confused as to exactly how much air is being taken in, and doesn't know how much fuel to add.

The main chance with the headers is that there are (usually) no cats so certain features can be disabled that are designed to keep them running cool and the O2 sensors have been moved. This will cause the readings from the O2 sensors to be off and throw a code, a condition that many people could live with. I believe that not updating the tune for headers/no cats could cause you to run slightly rich, but I am not an expert on the matter.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
M3to5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Deridder
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 537
Re: Header and x pipe install!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Changing the MAF housing does a lot more ugly things without a tune than changing headers. This is why some CAIs don't need a tune, they keep the MAF housing the same size/shape which means that the air is metered in the same way. When you change this and don't update the tune, the engine gets confused as to exactly how much air is being taken in, and doesn't know how much fuel to add.

The main chance with the headers is that there are (usually) no cats so certain features can be disabled that are designed to keep them running cool and the O2 sensors have been moved. This will cause the readings from the O2 sensors to be off and throw a code, a condition that many people could live with. I believe that not updating the tune for headers/no cats could cause you to run slightly rich, but I am not an expert on the matter.

Sounds good enough to me... makes perfect sense.... good write up, very comprehensible.
__________________
"Got to kill.... Captain Stupid"
M3to5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Reinkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 63
How did the header install go?
Reinkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Changing the MAF housing does a lot more ugly things without a tune than changing headers. This is why some CAIs don't need a tune, they keep the MAF housing the same size/shape which means that the air is metered in the same way. When you change this and don't update the tune, the engine gets confused as to exactly how much air is being taken in, and doesn't know how much fuel to add.

The main chance with the headers is that there are (usually) no cats so certain features can be disabled that are designed to keep them running cool and the O2 sensors have been moved. This will cause the readings from the O2 sensors to be off and throw a code, a condition that many people could live with. I believe that not updating the tune for headers/no cats could cause you to run slightly rich, but I am not an expert on the matter.
Luckily I didnt throw a code when my tuner Wudnt work Lol
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Hey everyone if u want to here a small clip of my exhaust email me or pm me ur email address's so i can send it to u. it's just a few revs but will do a better vid when I get back from offshore on the 13th of dec. Didn't have much time to do anything being the holidays.lol alot of craziness

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo
Hey everyone if u want to here a small clip of my exhaust email me or pm me ur email address's so i can send it to u. it's just a few revs but will do a better vid when I get back from offshore on the 13th of dec. Didn't have much time to do anything being the holidays.lol alot of craziness
My email is bmeline916@yahoo.com hit me up if u want to here the exhaust recording
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:18 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Re: Header and x pipe install!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
My email is bmeline916@yahoo.com hit me up if u want to here the exhaust recording
E-mail sent.
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:46 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo
Hey everyone if u want to here a small clip of my exhaust email me or pm me ur email address's so i can send it to u. it's just a few revs but will do a better vid when I get back from offshore on the 13th of dec. Didn't have much time to do anything being the holidays.lol alot of craziness

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------



My email is bmeline916@yahoo.com hit me up if u want to here the exhaust recording
Can you put it on YouTube?
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:25 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Can you put it on YouTube?
I don't have a account set up. Will try too when I have a good vid
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:47 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
The clip sounds amazing. On can only imagine the sound of it when u stomp it!!!
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:50 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: Header and x pipe install!

I may or may not have hacked together some stolen pics from Benzo's profile with that sound clip and uploaded it to YouTube. I'll let Benzo decided whether or not to post it, if it does indeed exist.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:41 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
I may or may not have hacked together some stolen pics from Benzo's profile with that sound clip and uploaded it to YouTube. I'll let Benzo decided whether or not to post it, if it does indeed exist.
Post it!! I will try to make a better vid tomorrow! Thanks napoleon85
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: Header and x pipe install!

__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
header gasket...agian:( mystang50 1979-1995 Mustang GT 18 11-24-2011 11:17 PM
96-2004 long tube header 2003CobraSvt Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 0 11-07-2011 01:45 PM
header estimated time Beau 2005-2010 V6 Mustang 3 10-25-2011 07:09 AM
Sterring shaft hitting header Chris01 1979-1995 Mustang GT 6 09-21-2011 11:01 PM
Long tube header install CodyNelson 1996-2004 Mustang GT 12 08-22-2011 06:04 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:29 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.