Finally making a little progress - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-28-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Wink Finally making a little progress

I Put 285/35/19 on the back and 245/40/19 on the front. Hankooks V12.Its raining but drove and feels really good. Be glad for a ride in dry streets 2moro.
Ordered Saleen Grill,JLT catch can, and whats suppose to be some great LCA's.Went ahead an spent the extra and got BMR's TCA-020.They use these on their Track car and highly recommended if any performance driving or Racing is gonna be done.Spoke to Kelly at length about them.They are solid Teflon lined,XR rod ends by QA1.I know you guys are gonna probably tell me I am in for a shock at how it will change the ride quality especially with basically no Bushing,but I am gonna try it.I am mostly the only one in the car and for sure the only one driving it so I will give them a try.If anybody has this exact same LCA please let me know what you exp. in change.Pretty sure I know but comes with wanting to play.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Re: Finally making a little progress

Just sent you PM. I am back
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

I cannot wait to install mine......... has to warm up a little though... it is COLD here.lol
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Got the saleen grill installed.Will post some pics later.It was a little pain but nothing that can not be handled.The 2 tabs on each end of the grill is the most little problem.It's tight area around the headlight to work but just un-do the screw up top by it and pull that out some and can work from there.Taking old one out is not much trouble once you get one end loose.Again the ends of the grill is your only tight spot.I will tell you this if you have radiator cover you have to modify the underside for it to sit flush but looks perfect after that.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 12-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Couple pics of it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 075.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	35077   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 078 (Copy).jpg
Views:	197
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	35079  

Attached Images

Old 12-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Looks good
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
That's nice

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Looks good. Now just to get that Boss and cold air on with a tune.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:50 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
Looks good. Now just to get that Boss and cold air on with a tune.
I concur!! :Headbang:
Old 12-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Working on it..LOL...Probably be right before or after christmas.I am trying to find out what Fastlane charges for custom dyno tunes?? Would put boss and CAI on myself and take it over to them.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:00 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
Working on it..LOL...Probably be right before or after christmas.I am trying to find out what Fastlane charges for custom dyno tunes?? Would put boss and CAI on myself and take it over to them.
I agree do the install ur self and just get them to do the CDT!
Old 12-02-2011, 07:08 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
The boss install is really easy. You could probably do it in their parking lot lol!
Old 12-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
The boss install is really easy. You could probably do it in their parking lot lol!
Thought about that too.Would for sure if I had already done one.I am wondering if I do the Boss and drive there without boss tune how bad it would be on car.I imagine for sure a code but they can clear that.I will ask them when I call Monday.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yikes, I bet it would be pretty rough trying to drive it like that! I'm not sure that would be safe, for you or the engine.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thought about that too.Would for sure if I had already done one.I am wondering if I do the Boss and drive there without boss tune how bad it would be on car.I imagine for sure a code but they can clear that.I will ask them when I call Monday.
Do u have a CAI already with tune??? If so driving the car with the boss mani won't hurt it will just run sluggish(with canned tune). But if u don't have CAI with tune and plan on installing that with the boss mani I don't believe the car will run. I think this is do to the change in the size of the mass air flow sensor the computer can't adjust the A/F properly(on stock tune).
Old 12-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #16
Road Trip!

You can install the boss but not the cold air. You can drive it there but don't rip on it and what not. It will be running a little lean.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Well I think I will just order the SCT bama tune monday from AM.This way I can just do like whats been said.....Keep getting updates with my bolt on's as I go.Then when the day comes to do FI I will go to them.I have tune now that was done at a shop but the tune is for stock air box and exhaust. Big question is.. when I order SCT will it pull that file in or have trouble with it since it's not stock file??
Old 12-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #18
Road Trip!

it will not have any issues.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
it will not have any issues.
Sure as hell hope not man!
Old 12-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #20
Road Trip!

It will not. It will go in and unlock the ecu pull that tune out and install its tune. Real easy.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:43 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Looks great!!!
Old 12-04-2011, 05:28 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
Looks great!!!
Thanks guys....Just so much I want to do but funds are destroyed...LOL! Have to recover for a while and save.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:37 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks guys....Just so much I want to do but funds are destroyed...LOL! Have to recover for a while and save.
Not having funds, sucks!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

These to go on 2moro if I get in from work early enough. QUESTION...For those who have done any type of LCA's I am hearing 127 foot lbs.Is this correct ???? Plan on using some blue Loctite.Any advice or heads up is appreciated. Much trouble unhooking brake cables???
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 088.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	991.9 KB
ID:	35296  
Old 12-06-2011, 05:54 AM   #25
Road Trip!

Brake Cale's are easy. Once you get under it and look at it it's really easy. I need get my new ones on.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:46 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
Brake Cale's are easy. Once you get under it and look at it it's really easy. I need get my new ones on.
THX! I believe it should go smooth for the most part. Hope I have time today. One thing I do not lack is tools. LOL!! Love the tool business.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Finished all I'm gonna do to coil and engine covers.I love how the DOT turned out on the "5.0".Painted it the blue as well.Thinking of not even doing Boss mani. Alot of people are taking them off.Think I will go next MGW short throw.Got alot on the list still but chipping away slowy until I get there. What do you guys think of the engine cover ????
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 755.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	35986   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 758.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	35987  

Name:	Picture 765.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	35988  
Old 12-15-2011, 04:36 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
These to go on 2moro if I get in from work early enough. QUESTION...For those who have done any type of LCA's I am hearing 127 foot lbs.Is this correct ???? Plan on using some blue Loctite.Any advice or heads up is appreciated. Much trouble unhooking brake cables???
What brand are those lower control arms and where did you buy from?
2011 mustang gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 mustang gt View Post
What brand are those lower control arms and where did you buy from?
They are BMR's......They(BMR)use these on their track car.Go on there site and look at part # TCA-020. I am going to a customer of mine who buys tools from me and use his lift to do them.Told me to come on anytime.I just have been busy and have not made it yet.Will go soon for sure.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:56 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
They are BMR's......They(BMR)use these on their track car.Go on there site and look at part # TCA-020. I am going to a customer of mine who buys tools from me and use his lift to do them.Told me to come on anytime.I just have been busy and have not made it yet.Will go soon for sure.
Look good! I am having a horrible time with wheel hop. Ford Racing makes a set for $149 that might suit, too. I am only using the car for street fun, so the 020 set is probably more than I need. Hey-maybe take a few progress pics for us so we can see how they go in...
2011 mustang gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 mustang gt View Post
Look good! I am having a horrible time with wheel hop. Ford Racing makes a set for $149 that might suit, too. I am only using the car for street fun, so the 020 set is probably more than I need. Hey-maybe take a few progress pics for us so we can see how they go in...
Hey,I am mostly just a street guy too.Problem is with the majority of the cheaper ones is they use a poly bushing.You will split them.They are cheap to replace but do you want to take all that **** loose to replace.If you want some decent wheel hop relief and not worried about splitting,J&M makes some for 100.00.They are a decent option.All of them will change ride quality.Personally I will give up a little to get rid of wheel hop.You feel the performance more of your car and what its doing.Anyway,Whichever way you go will help.If you ever plan to lower you probably need to buy the adjustable type like the ones I got.They are offered in some of the poly type for under 200.00. This way when you do you can get the relocation brackets,Panhard adjustable bar and ETC.
I will take some pics of the install as it goes when I go do it.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thinking of not even doing Boss mani. Alot of people are taking them off.
Why are they taking them off?

I like it, it's looking really good.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:52 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd

Why are they taking them off?

I like it, it's looking really good.
So seem to think they are not worth the money but if ur going full bolt on it is definitely worth it! Not a mod for the putt and play DD! If u play hard it's a mod worth buying
Old 12-16-2011, 09:08 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
So seem to think they are not worth the money but if ur going full bolt on it is definitely worth it! Not a mod for the putt and play DD! If u play hard it's a mod worth buying
I agree it is the route I plan on taking unless I win the lottery and can afford a supercharger (stranger things have happened)...But the way he worded it "people are taking them off" makes me think folks are buying them, installing them and then taking them off. I want to know why. I have heard nothing but good things about them so to do this is well I'm not sure...

My plan is to go N/A similar to what you have done, Boss Mani, LT, X-pipe, mufflers, CAI...just different brands...
Old 12-16-2011, 09:40 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
I agree it is the route I plan on taking unless I win the lottery and can afford a supercharger (stranger things have happened)...But the way he worded it "people are taking them off" makes me think folks are buying them, installing them and then taking them off. I want to know why. I have heard nothing but good things about them so to do this is well I'm not sure...

My plan is to go N/A similar to what you have done, Boss Mani, LT, X-pipe, mufflers, CAI...just different brands...
People are mostly taking them off due to increased NVH. The "problem" is that the stiffer bushings and tubular construction of most LCAs/UCAs out there are more prone to transmitting drivetrain noise into the cabin.

People who want a cushy DD car don't like this and take them off, but it was likely that they just got the wrong thing. If you want to see some gains with minimal increased NVH make sure that you aren't getting spherical bushings, and if you can get LCAs that are not tubular (such as machined billet) you won't have as much increase.

Hope that helps and that I explained it well enough ... I'm not an expert in suspension by any means but this is just what I have found through my research.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT