Eibach spring question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Eibach spring question

I am looking at getting the eibach pro kit for my 2012 5.0 and I was wondering if there is any difference in installment if I have the brembo package since it has different suspension?? Please let me know because I'm trying to order them today.
Brock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2011, 08:44 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: Eibach spring question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock23 View Post
I am looking at getting the eibach pro kit for my 2012 5.0 and I was wondering if there is any difference in installment if I have the brembo package since it has different suspension?? Please let me know because I'm trying to order them today.
I think the Brembo pack has the FRPP/GT500 style strut mounts. I would ask Eibach whether these mounts are compatible with their struts or not, but I would imagine they are.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: Eibach spring question

I don't think you should get confused on what the suspension packet is or consists of for the brembo brake package. I am a big fan, but other than Brembo50.com - FAQ/Tech there is no proof that the suspension other than tuning is any different than the non-brembo brake package GT.

Folks and the site above will say that the springs are different colors and have different part numbers from the non-brembo brake package. And blah, blah, blah…making it unique…sure it’s unique but until there is definitive proof from FORD that it is different, then it isn’t.

My proof: Ford.com only states the suspension is tuned; I have asked my service manager at Ford, I have contacted Ford representatives from other forums and no one as told me it is different. They all say there is no difference; There is a Mustang Magazine (I don’t recall if it is 5.0 or Fast…I’d have to research and I’m in Afghanistan at the moment) that states the different spring rates for all the Mustangs (V6, GT, 5.0, Boss, GT500), but that is it.

I have banged my head over this dilemma because I want to lower my pony. After much thought and head banging, I have decided that I am going with the FR handling pack Ford Racing Mustang Handling Pack - Coupe (05-12 GT) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping

I did Eibach springs alone on my previous Mustang (04 GT). I don’t want to compromise the ride by only having springs. I will do the entire package. Look at Eibach you will still have to add caster camber plates or bolts for alignment. All of that is included in the FRHP. IMO going Ford will keep my Pony handling well and won’t compromise any loss in suspension from the brembo brake package to the FRHP (if it is truly different). I’ll let you know in FEB when I return how it rides.

For all the haters on just springs alone or what is or isn’t on the brembo brake package, I couldn’t agree with you more, there is not enough evidence or facts to say it is or isn’t different…Just my two cents…

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT