The section change confuses me - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-30-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Question The section change confuses me

Why are the 2010's lumped in with the '11-14s? These cars are patently different in about every way but the body panels.
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: The section change confuses me

You could argue there is enough change they shouldn't be lumped in with 2005-2009 as well. I didn't want to give it its own forum, just for one body year.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

Either way you put it, it sure is "a horse of a different color"
bryanbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
You could argue there is enough change they shouldn't be lumped in with 2005-2009 as well. I didn't want to give it its own forum, just for one body year.
I actually agree with that. The 10s are like an island of misfit toys. Part of the reason I sold mine is that I was tired of having this conversation at a stop light:

Random dude: "Hey bro, is that a 5.0?"

Me: "No..."

Random dude: "Oh... Ok."
Old 11-30-2011, 02:24 PM   #5
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I wonder what's the story? Why didn't Ford push the 5.0 to be in the '10? It seems kinda unorganized to introduce and new body style but then a new drivetrain a year later.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:32 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
I wonder what's the story? Why didn't Ford push the 5.0 to be in the '10? It seems kinda unorganized to introduce and new body style but then a new drivetrain a year later.
I don't know, but it really pissed me off. I felt like Ford shoved a huge one up my rear and broke it off. I bought a new car at the redesign, when Ford had officially stated that they were not working on a new engine, then BAM, right at the end of the model year they announce the Coyote. I understand there will always be another car around the corner with more power, but the fact that Ford flat-out lied about it really burned me! Thankfully, I was able to keep the miles low enough on my '10 that a year later I was able to trade it in on an '11 and only have my payment go up $7/month.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

The black sheep of the family 2010 Mustang is a tribute to Fords new CEO Alan Mulally, finally getting around to cleaning up the Mustang devision of the company. Unlike Bill Ford, Alan Mulally very clear that it was ok to be honest with him about design flaws, setbacks, and product failure. If it ment the delay of a new product so be it! ..With Bill telling him there was a problem with something was a big no no, often things were pushed out with known problems just to satisfy release dates. With Alan Mulally's help the mustang started turning around starting with the 2010 model. The interior was given a little more quality, design on the 5.0 had begun but their were problems, and the full design was not finished so they tweeked the tried and true modular 4.6 a little and waited to improve the new 5.0 And thats how 2010 was bourn.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanbrock
The black sheep of the family 2010 Mustang is a tribute to Fords new CEO Alan Mulally, finally getting around to cleaning up the Mustang devision of the company. Unlike Bill Ford, Alan Mulally very clear that it was ok to be honest with him about design flaws, setbacks, and product failure. If it ment the delay of a new product so be it! ..With Bill telling him there was a problem with something was a big no no, often things were pushed out with known problems just to satisfy release dates. With Alan Mulally's help the mustang started turning around starting with the 2010 model. The interior was given a little more quality, design on the 5.0 had begun but their were problems, and the full design was not finished so they tweeked the tried and true modular 4.6 a little and waited to improve the new 5.0 And thats how 2010 was bourn.
Missing the key point that they lied about it to save face and fool people into buying the '10s. Nobody would have bought a '10 if we were told the truth about the '11 changes.

Also, just throwing out that there were/ate problems with the 11 as it was released. We don't need to beat that to death again though as we've already gotten pretty far off topic.

Back to my original point though. The 10 shares the drivetrain and suspension of the 05-09 models. The only changes were a minor tune adjustment, the "cold air intake" and some styling.

In a "tech" section, I would expect the engine/trans/suspension to be the deciding factor. By the logic above, the 2012-12 v6 tech should be moved here too since its the same body style... That's just my 2c on the matter.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:48 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
If u put 5.0 emblems on the side of the 2010 there would be no difference from the outside until u pop the hood or try and race another 5.0
Artaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:11 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artaz View Post
If u put 5.0 emblems on the side of the 2010 there would be no difference from the outside until u pop the hood or try and race another 5.0
I defer to my point above. By this logic all the V6 sections should be combined with the V8/GT sections.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Missing the key point that they lied about it to save face and fool people into buying the '10s. Nobody would have bought a '10 if we were told the truth about the '11 changes.

Also, just throwing out that there were/ate problems with the 11 as it was released. We don't need to beat that to death again though as we've already gotten pretty far off topic.

Back to my original point though. The 10 shares the drivetrain and suspension of the 05-09 models. The only changes were a minor tune adjustment, the "cold air intake" and some styling.

In a "tech" section, I would expect the engine/trans/suspension to be the deciding factor. By the logic above, the 2012-12 v6 tech should be moved here too since its the same body style... That's just my 2c on the matter.
yeah I agree, I think they should have never bothered changing the body or interior until they could deliver the whole product. if it would have been a 315 horse 4.6 in another 05 type body nobody would have cared. but insted they chose to really tick alot of people off. I
agree with you
Old 11-30-2011, 04:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I agree on that point your making But the way it was before when 2010 had its own section there would be minimal responses and feedback because not many people put In their 2c or bothered to follow he 2010 section so if it's posted with the 2011+ more people will see it and we with the 2010's can get better and faster responses
Old 11-30-2011, 04:19 PM   #13
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Chevy made them do it.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:38 PM   #14
Road Trip!

EVery other forum on the internet left them with the 05-09. Same engine tranny so how is it closer to a 2011?

The engine and what not is what makes the 2011+ special and what should help separate it from the priors. So I guess we all should put 5.0 in our thread title so the 2010's don't worry about looking. Or they could put not a 5.0 in their thread.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
The only reason I got a 2010 cause one it was a good deal and second it was in 2009 when they first came out r I would of waited but yea I understand it's two different engine and transmissions but that's pretty much it everything else is exactly the same but hey it doesn't matter we all help each other no matter what anyway that's what this site is for to help that's my opinion
Blackcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:51 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat
The only reason I got a 2010 cause one it was a good deal and second it was in 2009 when they first came out r I would of waited but yea I understand it's two different engine and transmissions but that's pretty much it everything else is exactly the same but hey it doesn't matter we all help each other no matter what anyway that's what this site is for to help that's my opinion
+1
Old 11-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #17
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Only reason I didnt buy a 2010 is.......why in the **** would you get a new car for 15 more HP. Yeah,new body and interior but the prior years body and interior was plenty nice.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:14 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Only reason I didnt buy a 2010 is.......why in the **** would you get a new car for 15 more HP. Yeah,new body and interior but the prior years body and interior was plenty nice.
Because I had a 2006 V6 and the 09s weren't in production anymore and very rare at that point.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:17 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

U know all I would have to do is find a coyote motor and transmission and the odd and end stuff and I would have a 5.0 that's the only difference
Old 11-30-2011, 05:26 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
You know in like 20 years or so the 2010 might be worth more money because of how rare it is? I mean who knows but it would be funny if it was and everyone got rid of the 2010 they would kick themselves LOL

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
CZYFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:29 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Yea mine is going to be my sons when he gets older
Old 11-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZYFAST View Post
You know in like 20 years or so the 2010 might be worth more money because of how rare it is? I mean who knows but it would be funny if it was and everyone got rid of the 2010 they would kick themselves LOL
Doubt that ... cars don't appreciate anymore. How much is a 1991 Mustang worth? Just saying...
Old 11-30-2011, 05:41 PM   #23
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat View Post
U know all I would have to do is find a coyote motor and transmission and the odd and end stuff and I would have a 5.0 that's the only difference
For as much as you will spend close to 6k-7k for engine and another 4-5k for a tranny you better trading it in. Also No you still would not have a actual 5.0 cause when I run your vin it would still say 2010 4.6.

Oh don't forget all those little things like a 1500-2k computer, and drive shaft. UCA cause the 2011+ is different. Brakes cause they are different. EVen GT ones. Springs/shocks etc etc.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:42 PM   #24
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Doubt that ... cars don't appreciate anymore. How much is a 1991 Mustang worth? Just saying...
A 91 will be worth a lot one day.a perfect 91 can go for 60-80% of its original value in super mint low miles.that's not bad.the last year they made the 4.6 and being a more rare car may make it worth some good money.it may take more than 20 years but I think it will happen.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:42 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Well I like my 2010 gt and wouldnt give it up it will be my sons and all the work that's getting done to it it will be just as good as a 5.0 y'all just start out with more power that's it nothing else changed an I bet in the next couple years that motor will get changed and it will have even more power added to the coyote motor anyway we r all mustang fans and we r on here to trade info and learn and see how we can make the mustang brand better not argue over who is better
Old 11-30-2011, 05:42 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
For as much as you will spend close to 6k-7k for engine and another 4-5k for a tranny you better trading it in. Also No you still would not have a actual 5.0 cause when I run your vin it would still say 2010 4.6.
Don't forget about the suspension changes, addition of EPAS and the downgraded Shaker500 (no more 6 disc changer).
Old 11-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Yes it would cost least 20K to make it a 5.0 in the end. As said it be better just trading it in.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #28
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat
Well I like my 2010 gt and wouldnt give it up it will be my sons and all the work that's getting done to it it will be just as good as a 5.0 y'all just start out with more power that's it nothing else changed an I bet in the next couple years that motor will get changed and it will have even more power added to the coyote motor anyway we r all mustang fans and we r on here to trade info and learn and see how we can make the mustang brand better not argue over who is better
I feel you on that.my 88 only came with 225 hp stock.oh well she is better now though.lol
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I can go to my friends dealership and get all of it close to nothing if I really wanted to get the 5.0 motor and transmission. It's not that big of a deal its just dumb cause the 5.0 people r saying y'all r better then te 4.6 guys when we all r here to learn from each other and ask for advice that's what this site is for
Old 11-30-2011, 05:45 PM   #30
Road Trip!

Quote:
To say it will be as good is true. After you dump least 3k just to get the power of a stock 5.0.

No arguing either. We all know the 5.0 is better then the 4.6. ")
Old 11-30-2011, 05:46 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I never said anyone here is "better" than anyone else. Just that it was a real suckerpunch by Ford the way they rolled the change out.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:48 PM   #32
Road Trip!

Quote:
I can go to my friends dealership and get all of it close to nothing if I really wanted to get the 5.0 motor and transmission. It's not that big of a deal its just dumb cause the 5.0 people r saying y'all r better then te 4.6 guys when we all r here to learn from each other and ask for advice that's what this site is for
Well I call Bull crap. No one going to give you 20k in parts free or even half. Cause simply there is no deals on the motor/tranny/drivtrain/computer to be had. Kinda same reason I don't believe about your blower and crap.

And some the stuff I am joking sorry you getting butt hurt.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
I never said anyone here is "better" than anyone else. Just that it was a real suckerpunch by Ford the way they rolled the change out.
Kinda like they did with the 2012-2013 GT500. I know a guy that is pissed he bought a 2012 GT500 about 6 months ago to find out the 2013 will have 650hp.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:49 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

I don't have to spend any money to make the power of a 5.0 I get my stuff pretty much free when I get done with this one for my son I'll probably get the 5.0 for my other son and work on it then go get my gt500
Old 11-30-2011, 05:50 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Oh god I didn't think I would make everyone so mad, I'm just saying any car can go fast if you put the money into it bottom line!

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
CZYFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:52 PM   #35
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZYFAST View Post
Oh god I didn't think I would make everyone so mad, I'm just saying any car can go fast if you put the money into it bottom line!
No one getting mad. Least not me. And agree its all about how much money you have.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT