Dyno tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Dyno tune

Can anybody tell me what the expected cost would be for a custom dyno tune?? I called Fastlane Motorsports to inquire about them doing it for me but they are closed.Gone to Florida for some event
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
FastLane wanted $300 for programming my chip and Dyno time. 3 pulls I think.

PCM told me $250 for n/a cars.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: Dyno tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
FastLane wanted $300 for programming my chip and Dyno time. 3 pulls I think.

PCM told me $250 for n/a cars.
must be nice! i paid 500 for a chip and 3 pulls

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Here is their web page.

http://fastlanemotorsports.us/
Old 12-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Here is their web page.

Fastlane Motorsports
Thanks! I been all over there web page.Charges may be different since these cars are not chips but done thru ECM.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
Thanks! I been all over there web page.Charges may be different since these cars are not chips but done thru ECM.
Np! I think the rates are flat don't quote me, I think where the extras come in with tuning and if you have your own tuner. Not sure but that was my understanding.

I am interested now so please let us know what you find out!
Old 12-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
At the shops in VA I called about that it was $300 for a "before" pull, the tune, and the "after" pull.
Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
RVAStang05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
Can anybody tell me what the expected cost would be for a custom dyno tune?? I called Fastlane Motorsports to inquire about them doing it for me but they are closed.Gone to Florida for some event
If u need a SCT tuner it will cost u about 700$ if u already have a tuner I would say around 350$ at a good shop. I will be getting mine done and no set amount of pulls they will make as many pulls as needed to get my tune perfect for 350$.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #9
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

With the simple mods you have a dyno tune would be a waste of money IMHO.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts

so if u have a tuner, like i do, and u get a dyno and they tune it, is it diffrent than the sct? do they get u more power than the tuner?
dolfin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
With the simple mods you have a dyno tune would be a waste of money IMHO.
I don't know that it's a waste of money, but the man has a point. You would benefit much more from having other supporting mods first. A good idea might be to get the American Muscle tunes for life program. You'll have the SCT that you need when you get dyno tuned, and you will have free updates while you build your mods up. Once you're done, you can get a dyno tune.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #12
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfin13 View Post
so if u have a tuner, like i do, and u get a dyno and they tune it, is it diffrent than the sct? do they get u more power than the tuner?
Yes but its not enough to justify the cost unless you are cammed with full bolt ons or tuning for a FI set up. These canned Bama,BBR,Lethal ect tunes are just fine for the average Cai and exhaust set ups. I would not waste my money on a dyno tune unless I were to do FI. This is just my opinion buy I know several others that will agree.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Yes but its not enough to justify the cost unless you are cammed with full bolt ons or tuning for a FI set up. These canned Bama,BBR,Lethal ect tunes are just fine for the average Cai and exhaust set ups. I would not waste my money on a dyno tune unless I were to do FI. This is just my opinion buy I know several others that will agree.
This dyno sheet tells a little different story. I think once you have a CAI, Boss IM, Headers or offroad x/h, and anything less restrictive than the stock mufflers you stand a lot to gain from a Dyno tune. Now that's not to say I've been unhappy with my mail-order tune, but it's purpose is for free updates until I'm done modding.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

+1. I had a canned tune but went to the most recommended shop around me to try and get some more power. After a little over an hour and 3-4 pulls, he said he could "maybe" get me 5 extra hp and charge me $350 but basically the tune was dead on. Glad he was an honest guy.
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #15
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
This dyno sheet tells a little different story. I think once you have a CAI, Boss IM, Headers or offroad x/h, and anything less restrictive than the stock mufflers you stand a lot to gain from a Dyno tune. Now that's not to say I've been unhappy with my mail-order tune, but it's purpose is for free updates until I'm done modding.

I agree with those type of mods but not for a CAI,Xpipe and some axel backs.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:28 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I believe the OP has a Boss IM that he's planning to install btw (based on what I read in another thread). It also depends on who did the canned tune, some are much more aggressive than others.

The guy from the dyno sheet above was running stock exhaust, and that was on a Mustang Dyno so the numbers are likely higher if you were comparing them to what people see on a DynoJet.

The bottom line to me is it depends what a bit more HP is worth to you in dollar value. Once you have the Boss IM, CAI and basic exhaust, there isn't anything else other than a CDT that's under $1000 which will give you a 20-40+ RWHP boost.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:52 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
I believe the OP has a Boss IM that he's planning to install btw (based on what I read in another thread). It also depends on who did the canned tune, some are much more aggressive than others.

The guy from the dyno sheet above was running stock exhaust, and that was on a Mustang Dyno so the numbers are likely higher if you were comparing them to what people see on a DynoJet.

The bottom line to me is it depends what a bit more HP is worth to you in dollar value. Once you have the Boss IM, CAI and basic exhaust, there isn't anything else other than a CDT that's under $1000 which will give you a 20-40+ RWHP boost.
I concur with this! That is my next move is CDT after the new year. Will get a before pull with steeda race tune and after with Stang hi CDT so we can really see what the difference is between canned and CDT!!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:01 AM   #18
Regular
Supporter

Basic exhaust meaning axelback?
Old 12-03-2011, 07:23 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Basic exhaust meaning axelback?
Plus an offroad x or h. Either can be had for under $300.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT