Slow to return to idle - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-10-2011, 03:47 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Slow to return to idle

Anyone running a SCT custom tune, that's slows the engine down faster?
I know, it sounds weird, but this is the time that the engine takes to slow down during free-rev or shifting. I would like when you rev the motor that it quickly snaps back down to idle, instead of hanging , and slowly returning to idle speed.
Does the aftermarket tuner/tune help with this?
MedxGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedxGT
Anyone running a SCT custom tune, that's slows the engine down faster?
I know, it sounds weird, but this is the time that the engine takes to slow down during free-rev or shifting. I would like when you rev the motor that it quickly snaps back down to idle, instead of hanging , and slowly returning to idle speed.
Does the aftermarket tuner/tune help with this?
There are 2 functions that control the speed at which it will return to idle. One is valve train friction. The other is the computer tune you
Have. Call the SCT dealer you bought it from and, it they offer the free tunes for life, like American Muscle, ask if they can custom tune this parameter.
2011 mustang gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:12 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry, should have clarified. I don't have the aftermarket tune. I was inquiring those with a aftermarket tune, if said tuned helped out the slow deceleration issue.
I'm sorry if I miscommunicated that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedxGT
Sorry, should have clarified. I don't have the aftermarket tune. I was inquiring those with a aftermarket tune, if said tuned helped out the slow deceleration issue.
I'm sorry if I miscommunicated that.
I have an SCT and it made improvements across the board, but did not really pay attention or notice the idle issue. I have since returned the tune to stcka and installed a blower-no issues there. I have the SCT unit if you are interested.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Just asking you don't have a vacuum leak do you? Cause I know mine will hang for awhile if I have a hose not tightened or something? Just a thought to check but other then that idk why it wouldn't return to idle quicker?

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
CZYFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I've noticed that it seems all the newer cars that are drive by wire do return to idle slower then the actual cable drive older cars.... I think it's because of the lag time in the electronic signal. I have seen some of the newer cars that have that quick drop in RPMs after a rev and seems like they all have an aftermarket tune.
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

My 88 5.0 did the same, and it was cable throttle control. I'm just hoping that the SCT will quicken the rpm drop.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:11 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: Slow to return to idle

I think a tune will solve all your concerns.You will love the throttle response compared to stock.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:42 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

DAMMIT.... you guys are killing me with these tune stories. I said I was not going to get a tune because of warranty issues and the fact I am in Germany where finding a good mechanic for our cars is a difficult task already. But I want to UNLEASH the beast. Is it really worth the risk??
Old 12-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Hell Yeah.....You GOT to have a tune to turn these things loose.The risk are not all that.Just take care of your car.The chances something goes wrong is slim to none.Enjoy your car man.You only live once and the car is getting older everyday,and so are you.DO IT NOW!!
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
Hell Yeah.....You GOT to have a tune to turn these things loose.The risk are not all that.Just take care of your car.The chances something goes wrong is slim to none.Enjoy your car man.You only live once and the car is getting older everyday,and so are you.DO IT NOW!!
Hey thanks for pointing that out... CLOWN!!!
Old 12-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
I think a tune will solve all your concerns.You will love the throttle response compared to stock.
Yes indeed! I still have my unlocked SCT tuner for sale...just EM me if there is interest!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT