Save the totaled Shelby! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Exclamation Save the totaled Shelby!

WHEN THE TOP GOES DOWN THE PRICE GOES UP!!!! ..you'll wish you had made this investment later on.. Carroll is over 80 now WITH HEART PROBLEMS! Not to mention but in 20 years someone will give you 2 nuts and a ballsak to have this car at what your bidding on now/kiLL to have it in its current recked condition. HELL BUY IT AS IS AND JUST SIT ON IT!! 2007 FORD MUSTANG GT 500 SHELBY - QCSA Direct
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	galleryimage.php.jpeg
Views:	1687
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	35725  
Attached Images

bryanbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Wow that's so sad to see. The problem is that its got a salvage title so it can only be rebuilt as a track car and can't be retitled or tagged and drivin on the street. Plus by the time you put 15k into fixing it you could get a good used one. But if you could buy it for like 15k or less you could part it out and maybe brake even. Or like you said buy it and sit on it for like 20+ years and sale the parts for the price of gold. Overall I think its too late for that poor car. It's just sad to see it.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
On most states you can buy salvage titled cars and trucks and repair it, get it inspected then apply for a rebuilt title and it can be title insured and driven on any highway, it's what I do for a living
Dancobra75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxter
Wow that's so sad to see. The problem is that its got a salvage title so it can only be rebuilt as a track car and can't be retitled or tagged and drivin on the street. Plus by the time you put 15k into fixing it you could get a good used one. But if you could buy it for like 15k or less you could part it out and maybe brake even. Or like you said buy it and sit on it for like 20+ years and sale the parts for the price of gold. Overall I think its too late for that poor car. It's just sad to see it.
Not the case in all states. I've owned a salvage Civic that I drove for 6 years and also had a motorcycle with a salvage title. Definitely check the laws in your state before buying!
Old 12-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Save the totaled Shelby!

I said in most states dude
Old 12-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancobra75
On most states you can buy salvage titled cars and trucks and repair it, get it inspected then apply for a rebuilt title and it can be title insured and driven on any highway, it's what I do for a living
Nice! Cool job!
Old 12-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks
Old 12-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

If you live somewhere that you can drive a salvage vehicle that's Awsome and this car would work great for someone like that. I'm still consered about what it would cost to fix this car. I just saw a 07 gt500 sale on autotrader for 27,799 with low miles and one owner car that's never been wrecked and there's more on there right now in the same price rAnge. If someone wanted to buy this car and sit on it for awhile it could be a great long term investment. Either way I hope she dosnt get crushed.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

You are right about that lol, I've just recently sold 2 GT 500s an 08 modded and an 07 red stripe, one had 8,000 the other 17,000 one for 26k the other 27k, these cars should not be bringing so much money wrecked, it's crazy!! There just isn't hardly any room for profit after paying that kind of money then parts and labor, not much left
Old 12-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Not to mention best case you get it all fixed and driving again its always going to have that rebuilt title in its history so you would be lucky to get 20k for the car.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Believe it or not the rebuilts as long as the milage is good will bring 25k plus, at least that's what I get
Old 12-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Region: Texas

That sucks for that car. But me personally I will never buy a car that has been wrecked like that. Then rebuilt and then to pay 25k+ for it. I will not buy a sports car used period. Just cause I don't want some one else car they beat the carp out of.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancobra75 View Post
You are right about that lol, I've just recently sold 2 GT 500s an 08 modded and an 07 red stripe, one had 8,000 the other 17,000 one for 26k the other 27k, these cars should not be bringing so much money wrecked, it's crazy!! There just isn't hardly any room for profit after paying that kind of money then parts and labor, not much left
Ware were those cars when I had the money was shopping and needed them

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxter View Post
Not to mention best case you get it all fixed and driving again its always going to have that rebuilt title in its history so you would be lucky to get 20k for the car.
ITS A SHELBY!!! In 30 years people would care less and pay a small fortune for it! look at the totaled barn find shelbys on Mustang Monthly, They still go pretty penny
Old 12-12-2011, 06:20 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

That is true but those cars have almost no comparison to the ones that are produced now. They were all hand built and raced and abused not garage queens with a/c sat nav and traction control. Don't get me wrong I love any Ford product especially anything shelby but it will be decades untill the value on these cars skyrocket to anyithing close to a totaled original shelby cobra and that will only be the ones that are mueseum pieces or somehow conected to Mr Carroll ....... Signature, one off pieces, things of that nature. Now not taking away from the fact that one day I want to own a shelby but I would never buy a rebuilt car no matter how good the deal. Back in the day when a cobra was nothing more than a racecar if they wrecked them they would scrap the usable parts and junk the rest thats part of the reason the cars and parts are worth more than gold.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancobra75
Believe it or not the rebuilts as long as the milage is good will bring 25k plus, at least that's what I get
Cut your losses on this one.. Rebuild it and sell it to me for cheap dude!

Working at the Alaska state troopers we would always have vehicle inspection I don't think alaskas too strict.
Dubya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:47 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Opinions on rebuilt cars is always the same, you have peeps that say they wouldn't have one and you have the peeps that don't give a dam as long as it's perfect inside and out and performs like it should! Me personally I've built hundreds of mustangs since I've been 15 years old, I've owned over 40 personal cars, wish I had them all back lol, A rebuilt car is only as good as the person restoring it, and when I build these cars I use nothing but original ford or SVT parts, and i dont cut corners,most of the Shelbys I build are transplanted into perfect never been wrecked bodies, and yes, I do it the legal way! The only thing different from any Shelby or cobra I build is the title says rebuilt, that's it!, I'm always watching wrecked Shelbys selling all over the U.S. If I get a good deal on one, I pass those savings to the man or woman that buys it, yes I've sold a 10 second GT 500 to a chick lol, but I like to have an awesome car, and I feel even better when I know I bought mine for thousands less than the guy that thinks he has to buy new or nothing lol, but keep your eyes open on here, every GT 500 or cobra I finish I will be posting them on this site, but the first 2010 GT 500 I get is already promise to a dude on here waiting for one, I never mention names, but glad there's some guys and girls that feel positive about owning these beautiful cars even though the title says rebuilt.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:52 PM   #17
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Some people don't care either way. But when I buy mine. We tuck it in a garage. Then you rebuild one and tuck it away to sell. We both list them mine will be worth more simply cause it has a clean and clear title.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:35 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

$16,800 is the current bid. It wouldn't be too bad if it was the same year and model as your current owned Pony. You could probably swap out some of the parts with your Mustang and have a near complete Shelby of your own. For the right price, the parts added to your own Pony might be worth it. Depending on the misc engine components it would be worth it just for that and drop the engine, trans, rear end etc. into yours. IDK
Old 12-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Such a shame! I wonder where the rest of it is, there are quite a few pieces missing. I also wonder what the hell they hit to do damage like that?
Old 12-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Im guessing he smacked head on into a light pole. ...just guessing
Old 12-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanbrock
Im guessing he smacked head on into a light pole. ...just guessing
Wouldn't be surprising, based on the damage. I wonder if said pole and the radiator became one? Lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT