SLP long tube headers and exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
SLP long tube headers and exhaust

So I'm sitting on American Muscle with my credit card sitting in front of me wanting to buy this SLP header and exhaust kit, but I have yet to hear anything about it. Has anyone seen or bought this kit yet?! Please let me know, also what the install was like. Thanks!
SkoSter06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #2

Region: Texas
If you YouTube it. A lot of people have the SLP loudmouth exhaust on different motors, ( 5.0, 4.6, ect) you can hear how it sounds at least.
Pat5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: SLP long tube headers and exhaust

Only know of guys usng Kooks,stainless works and couple others.I know it's a bit of a ***** to do headers on the 5.0.....PM Benzo on heads up.....he's done headers.I am on the fence to just pull my x and do a o/r x.Gains are good.The factory manifold are about half like a header IMO.Check on Benzo....He's got a thread on here too about the install,sound & etc.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #4

Region: Texas
I'm torn as well. I dont know if I should go for hi flo cats or O/R pipes.. Power vs. noise ratio... I don't wanna lose the tuned sound I have from my cat back exhaust for "powerful noise"
Pat5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

SLP's here in Jersey , they make high quality exhaust products
A Friend of mine welds for them , i would recommend their stuff , you can't go wrong with it ....
Old 12-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat5oh
I'm torn as well. I dont know if I should go for hi flo cats or O/R pipes.. Power vs. noise ratio... I don't wanna lose the tuned sound I have from my cat back exhaust for "powerful noise"
If u Gona do the work u need a lift and look for a write up on those particular headers. Don't know if the tubes are bent the same way. But it's definetly a bi*** to install. Good example go to Mylrs.com look up stainless works header install on 5.0. This will give u a good idea of what the install will be like!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Awesome thanks a lot, every SLP kit I look for for my car does a muffler delete, I always liked the sound of SLP mufflers but the only ones I can find are 2.5 inch inlet/outlet

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

If u Gona do the work u need a lift and look for a write up on those particular headers. Don't know if the tubes are bent the same way. But it's definetly a bi*** to install. Good example go to Mylrs.com look up stainless works header install on 5.0. This will give u a good idea of what the install will be like!
Benzo, what did you do to your fog lights and headlights to black them out? Did you go with the GTS covers? I just tinted my 3rd brake light, front and rear side markers.
SkoSter06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
I was telling him to get with you on this....w/o looking what type where yours and did mid-pipe come with your purchase?How much if so? I may do it.Since I am a tool man I got my pick of customers who will let me have at it with lifts and help.THX!
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoSter06
Awesome thanks a lot, every SLP kit I look for for my car does a muffler delete, I always liked the sound of SLP mufflers but the only ones I can find are 2.5 inch inlet/outlet

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Benzo, what did you do to your fog lights and headlights to black them out? Did you go with the GTS covers? I just tinted my 3rd brake light, front and rear side markers.
3m tint package for all lenses! Call Stangmods they offer smoked and blackedout.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
I was telling him to get with you on this....w/o looking what type where yours and did mid-pipe come with your purchase?How much if so? I may do it.Since I am a tool man I got my pick of customers who will let me have at it with lifts and help.THX!
I went with the stainless works 1 7/8" headers and o/r 3" x pipe package. I got the Pak on sale for 1100$ a while back they are slightly higher in price now but well worth the price. They are high quality built and very nice fit and finish. Sound and gains are great! I would recommend them
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust