Noise Ordinance - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-29-2011, 08:31 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197

I like your style!! And what was said earlier is correct, I don't think it matters what I do, these people seem to not like me/my car for some reason and choose to go out of their way to make sure that it's my car that they complain about. Case in point.... In a conversation with the GM.... she told me that these people are seeing the "black mustang." I asked her.... "but I thought it was waking them up? So how are they seeing the "black mustang" if they are still in bed?? She replies... Oh...... they're up already. So which is it?! And it's funny how they don't complain about my Harley Davidson with Vance and Hines short shots when I ride that to work at 5 am.... but the minute I fire up the big, bad, black mustang... it's game over and their phone lines are lighting up with complaints!!

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

So just an update guys. I appreciate everyone's suggestions and comments... some of which have made me laugh.... I have a friend at the local hot rod shop who had some stock 05' GT mufflers and they were free, so they found their way on the car with some tears.. but they're on there. The car's sound (or lack there of) is very depressing. As long as this keeps the complaints at bay and lowers the stress level for my fiance, then it's all worth it. She already told me if I had to buy stock mufflers to put on the car that my next performance muffler choice is on her... not bad!! I'll keep you all posted on what comes of this.
Well you know if you keep getting complaints now they are just out to make your life miserable.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:

I like your style!! And what was said earlier is correct, I don't think it matters what I do, these people seem to not like me/my car for some reason and choose to go out of their way to make sure that it's my car that they complain about. Case in point.... In a conversation with the GM.... she told me that these people are seeing the "black mustang." I asked her.... "but I thought it was waking them up? So how are they seeing the "black mustang" if they are still in bed?? She replies... Oh...... they're up already. So which is it?! And it's funny how they don't complain about my Harley Davidson with Vance and Hines short shots when I ride that to work at 5 am.... but the minute I fire up the big, bad, black mustang... it's game over and their phone lines are lighting up with complaints!!

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

So just an update guys. I appreciate everyone's suggestions and comments... some of which have made me laugh.... I have a friend at the local hot rod shop who had some stock 05' GT mufflers and they were free, so they found their way on the car with some tears.. but they're on there. The car's sound (or lack there of) is very depressing. As long as this keeps the complaints at bay and lowers the stress level for my fiance, then it's all worth it. She already told me if I had to buy stock mufflers to put on the car that my next performance muffler choice is on her... not bad!! I'll keep you all posted on what comes of this.
Thanks!.. Lol. Like I said earlier!.. I'm civil with my neighbors, unless they are not civil with me!.. And then at that point it is game on!!!... Hahahaha. When the day comes that you are moving out!.. You should straight pipe that b**** and do some burnouts at 2 in the morning!.. It will be fun and therapeutic for you!!!..... Hahahahahaha.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:32 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXDWG11bm

Maybe if you put on the leather jacket when you drive the Stang they would stay shut up
Lmao!! Maybe I'll have to try that!

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang

Well you know if you keep getting complaints now they are just out to make your life miserable.
Absolutely! I already know they have singled my car out for some reason. And I agree..... With ford factory stamped mufflers on the car... If they continue to complain now it's only for spite. If it continues I'm going to make sure I bring up harassment and soldier discrimination. We'll see how quickly that turns the focus! They "perceive" my car to be loud.... Well I "perceive" them to be discriminative based on my gender, ethnicity, and job occupation!!

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Thanks!.. Lol. Like I said earlier!.. I'm civil with my neighbors, unless they are not civil with me!.. And then at that point it is game on!!!... Hahahaha. When the day comes that you are moving out!.. You should straight pipe that b**** and do some burnouts at 2 in the morning!.. It will be fun and therapeutic for you!!!..... Hahahahahaha.
I agree! I think that would be most therapeutic!! Lol!
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
My neighbors used to complain about my 2000 gt with 40 series flows and off-road h-pipe. They were relieved when I traded it and bought my 2012 gt. They said they could sleep now. Ticked them off last week when I put the Slp loudmouths on. Ha ha back to waking them up.
bigsmitty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:25 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmitty24
My neighbors used to complain about my 2000 gt with 40 series flows and off-road h-pipe. They were relieved when I traded it and bought my 2012 gt. They said they could sleep now. Ticked them off last week when I put the Slp loudmouths on. Ha ha back to waking them up.
Hahahaha love that!!... Hahahahaha
Old 01-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #41
Road Trip!

Re: Noise Ordinance

Just watched a guy tonight get a ticket for disturbing the peace cause he was revving his motor cycle in his drive way and then getting on it in the neighborhood. Some one called the cops for it being to loud. It is what it is. I am surprised it hasn't happened to me.

Oh he owns a 2012 Roush 5XR also. LOL
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

This is why I always work on my stang over at my dad's house. He lives in an area chock full of jeeps, pickups and Harleys. Nobody says a damn thing about the stang even when we fire it up every now and then!

I didn't realize how loud my stang actually was until I fired it up for some family members on Christmas. I did some hard revs and the neighborhood cat went running, grandma literally jumped off the ground while screaming and my three-year-old niece ran into the house crying (seriously).

If I would have pulled that at my apartment complex I would have had a letter on my door the next day for sure. They have some stipulations about vehicles but it's relatively reasonable. I don't rev the engine or pull hard through the complex, and nobody really complains. It's worth some reasonable restrictions to live in a nice neighborhood, and around here the choices for that are pretty slim.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
This is why I always work on my stang over at my dad's house. He lives in an area chock full of jeeps, pickups and Harleys. Nobody says a damn thing about the stang even when we fire it up every now and then!

I didn't realize how loud my stang actually was until I fired it up for some family members on Christmas. I did some hard revs and the neighborhood cat went running, grandma literally jumped off the ground while screaming and my three-year-old niece ran into the house crying (seriously).

If I would have pulled that at my apartment complex I would have had a letter on my door the next day for sure. They have some stipulations about vehicles but it's relatively reasonable. I don't rev the engine or pull hard through the complex, and nobody really complains. It's worth some reasonable restrictions to live in a nice neighborhood, and around here the choices for that are pretty slim.
Yeah, I hear ya...... The problem in ours is they hear other louder vehicles like the truck thats across from us without mufflers and assume its the "black mustang."
Old 01-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Talking about noise ordinance! Some lazy b&@ch called the cops on me AGAIN for doing my job! I have to blow the leafs from a property about 100 yards away from another neighborhood. That lady is the only one who ever complains. It's 7:30!! What's wrong with people now a day. She doesn't know what's in it for her tho because once I waste my tires a little more I'm gonna take my mustang and burnout right in front of her house and make as much noise as I can! I hate that lady!! I don't even live in that town tho so idc lol.
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt
Talking about noise ordinance! Some lazy b&@ch called the cops on me AGAIN for doing my job! I have to blow the leafs from a property about 100 yards away from another neighborhood. That lady is the only one who ever complains. It's 7:30!! What's wrong with people now a day. She doesn't know what's in it for her tho because once I waste my tires a little more I'm gonna take my mustang and burnout right in front of her house and make as much noise as I can! I hate that lady!! I don't even live in that town tho so idc lol.
At 5:30 AM!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

At 5:30 AM!
Hell yeah! Lol make her crap herself.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1
Old 01-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+2

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

And what did the police officer say?
Old 01-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+2

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

And what did the police officer say?
Well the lady came and started yelling at me over her fence and telling me that I had to wait until 8am and all this bs so I told her to f herself and she threatened to call the cops . AGAIN. so I told her to go for it. I turned my blower back on and kept at it. The cop that went had already gone once. It's a small town. Population of like 1500 people lol there's only like 2 sheriffs. so the one who had told me to stop last time, came again, REALLY mad lol. Some grumpy old man. He threatened me about giving me a huge expensive ticket and he tried to preach to me and I cut him off and told him that I had a job to do just like him and that I wasn't going to make my schedule based on some lazy lady. Then he said "the law is the law". I told him "oh yeah? so why doesnt the law apply for the guy using his blower 2 blocks down? Its 7:30 and that lady is the only one to ever complain, so u can give me a ticket if you want but expect to see my boss and her attorney at court" He didn't say a thing he just rolled his eyes and gave me his card and told me if i had any questions to have my boss call him lol. So I grabbed it and I walked away, Extremely pissed off lol most people there know who the owner of the property is because it's a big building with a whole bunch of stores right at the entrance of the little town and she's got a whole bunch of money.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well the lady came and started yelling at me over her fence and telling me that I had to wait until 8am and all this bs so I told her to f herself and she threatened to call the cops . AGAIN. so I told her to go for it. I turned my blower back on and kept at it. The cop that went had already gone once. It's a small town. Population of like 1500 people lol there's only like 2 sheriffs. so the one who had told me to stop last time, came again, REALLY mad lol. Some grumpy old man. He threatened me about giving me a huge expensive ticket and he tried to preach to me and I cut him off and told him that I had a job to do just like him and that I wasn't going to make my schedule based on some lazy lady. Then he said "the law is the law". I told him "oh yeah? so why doesnt the law apply for the guy using his blower 2 blocks down? Its 7:30 and that lady is the only one to ever complain, so u can give me a ticket if you want but expect to see my boss and her attorney at court" He didn't say a thing he just rolled his eyes and gave me his card and told me if i had any questions to have my boss call him lol. So I grabbed it and I walked away, Extremely pissed off lol most people there know who the owner of the property is because it's a big building with a whole bunch of stores right at the entrance of the little town and she's got a whole bunch of money.
Hilarious! Just a pain in the a$& to deal with!

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Are you sure you aren't blowing leaves in my neighborhood? Haha
Old 01-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hilarious! Just a pain in the a$& to deal with!

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Are you sure you aren't blowing leaves in my neighborhood? Haha
Haha yeah! Pain in the *** is correct!! Lol
Old 01-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha yeah! Pain in the *** is correct!! Lol
I can only imagine..... Especially if it interferes with your work and lively hood!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I can only imagine..... Especially if it interferes with your work and lively hood!
Yeah man tell me about it
Old 01-13-2012, 05:17 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

get a golfcart
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk 1
get a golfcart
Lmao! It would have to be electric... They'd probably still complain if it was a gas one
Old 01-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lmao! It would have to be electric... They'd probably still complain if it was a gas one
Just get a boom box and blast Welcome To The Jungle!!... Hahaha
Old 01-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Just get a boom box and blast Welcome To The Jungle!!... Hahaha
Nice!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

« BBK or JBA | Hp »