Noise Ordinance - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Noise Ordinance

So here's a good one for my fellow mustang enthusiasts. Me and my soon to be wife live in a gated community. I have a 2010 GT with cams, LT headers, catted x pipe and had the roush extreme cat back. So a lot of retired blue haired ladies live here with us in these townhomes and complained about my car being too loud when I started it in the morning. So I do the "nice" thing and put flowmasters on to accompany the resonators that are on the roush mid pipes. So I get three more complaints in a week! Now I'm having to resort to putting stock mufflers back on my car to keep from getting fined by the association!! Has anyone else had problems?? And what are your thoughts?
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 10:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Damn that sucks. I haven't had any complaints...yet. But first crank after putting my pypes muffler delete on gave me a feeling that I'm going to get a few. Are you just gonna keep the stock ones on forever ?
GTstang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Did u try getting resonator tips maybe with the extra resonators it will quiet it down a lil
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 11:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
My question is why are you living in a place that can dictate what you can do to your ride??... Sorry but I would not live in a place like that!.. I'm civil with my neighbors (yes my car is loud!), but if one of them tries telling me what I can and can't do to my ride then things will get real different, real fast!.. But that's just me!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:14 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner
My question is why are you living in a place that can dictate what you can do to your ride??... Sorry but I would not live in a place like that!.. I'm civil with my neighbors (yes my car is loud!), but if one of them tries telling me what I can and can't do to my ride then things will get real different, real fast!.. But that's just me!...
+1
Old 12-28-2011, 11:37 PM   #6
Road Trip!

It don't have be a community that says what he can or can not do. It is the same thing as loud music. If your car is sought to be to loud at a certain decimal you can be ticketed. I found this out in my G8 after a wot hit that a cop heard. He was about a block away but was in line of sight and knew it didn't come from the Evo next to me. Plus when I pulled over my car was still loud.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Yea I got a similar problem, I only have Borla s type axlebacks and it is kinda loud at startup for like the first 15 seconds... I try to be as quiet as possible, but I still have annoying neighbors complaining.... I understand if I drive it everyday, but I only use my car only twice a week at most, I have another DD
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:38 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Oh also I know community's that tell you what lawn you can have. What year car you must have (so new). And stuff like that.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:56 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Oh also I know community's that tell you what lawn you can have. What year car you must have (so new). And stuff like that.
I know what your saying!.. Which to me makes the answer to the question quite clear!.. 1. Keep taking the fines/penalties!.. 2. You can partially give up on your hobby (in this case working on your car to make it better)!.. Or give it up totally!.. 3. Move to a place that accepts your hobby and let's you enjoy it the way you want!.. But like I said that's just me!..
Old 12-29-2011, 02:02 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I know what your saying!.. Which to me makes the answer to the question quite clear!.. 1. Keep taking the fines/penalties!.. 2. You can partially give up on your hobby (in this case working on your car to make it better)!.. Or give it up totally!.. 3. Move to a place that accepts your hobby and let's you enjoy it the way you want!.. But like I said that's just me!..
Well being I'm 230 and 6'3" nobody ever complains to me! If they did I would not really care. would try to be nice but to a limit! To each his own.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:17 AM   #11
Road Trip!

Region: Tennessee
Re: Noise Ordinance

don't go back to stock mufflers...just go from a 40 series to a 50 series flowmaster...it's a 3 chamber so that should do the trick....and move while you're at it
SonicBoom239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:09 AM   #12
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Next time do some more research before you move into a place that,lol.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:03 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas

A few years ago, an online friend of mine fought with his home owners association about his pick up truck.

They did not allow trucks to be parked in driveways, and he did it over and over, fighting with them for years... It was ugly... I could never live anywhere that told me what I can and cannot drive..

07 Roush 427R, Brembo 14" rotor and four piston calipers

05 GT Mustang, FRPP, FR X pipe, Hurst short throw,
American Racing Torque Thrust 10X20 wheels,
Granettelli tower brace, custom painted flat black grafix, Yellow Optima
Beav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:23 AM   #14
svo
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas

I get complaints from the same person all the time.
svo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:50 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I hear what your all saying. I've been into mustangs for years and always had them modded and never had problems like this! I didn't even have problems with my bolt on 1st gen lightning! I think the other problem is these people complain to the manager then it comes to me... So I don't even get to see this person face to face...... Which may be a good thing! Lol! They are targeting my car now though.... And my fiancé owned here before we met, so that's why I'm here. This place is a sh&$ hole and they regard it like its high society. If anyone decides to move to el paso, tx for any reason I can tell you where not to live! Lol!

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

And don't worry..... The stock mufflers are only temporary until we move which will hopefully be soon pending a duty station change.

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

The other problem..... Even if I get a written document from a police officer saying my car is within legal limits... Due to Texas state law..... If its before 8am or after 10 pm it can still be disturbing the peace and therefore im still liable to a ticket even if the car is "legal"! Since I'm military and have to leave for work way before 8am its always going to be a problem.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:56 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe

I would look into an Exhaust Butterfly Valve, that way you can be quiet when you need to be and obnoxiously loud when you want.
michael81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:01 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

If you do eventually move from this place on your way out maybe take some laps around being as loud as possible
Old 12-29-2011, 08:24 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTstang07
If you do eventually move from this place on your way out maybe take some laps around being as loud as possible
+1. Hahahahahahahaha
Old 12-29-2011, 08:55 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh you don't know how badly I want to go to the center of where all the complaints are coming from, with my roush system back in place and just do a burnout that would make John Force proud!! Lol!

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

It just mystify's me as to how ignorant these people are! The complex as a whole is falling apart and is bringing in over 1M dollars a year but can't afford upkeep on the townhomes.... Does anyone else see a problem with this??!! But yet they won't address that..... They chose to complain about petty insignificant issues that have absolutely no impact on their resale value!! I could start a whole thread and talk for hours about how screwed up this place is..... But after all.... This is a mustang forum! Lol!!
Old 12-29-2011, 09:05 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197

Oh you don't know how badly I want to go to the center of where all the complaints are coming from, with my roush system back in place and just do a burnout that would make John Force proud!! Lol!

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

It just mystify's me as to how ignorant these people are! The complex as a whole is falling apart and is bringing in over 1M dollars a year but can't afford upkeep on the townhomes.... Does anyone else see a problem with this??!! But yet they won't address that..... They chose to complain about petty insignificant issues that have absolutely no impact on their resale value!! I could start a whole thread and talk for hours about how screwed up this place is..... But after all.... This is a mustang forum! Lol!!
Now tell me how you really feel?!.... Let it all out!!.... Lol
Old 12-29-2011, 09:10 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
I have to agree with this one. We can not allow freedoms no matter how small be messed with.
tthompson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Dude.. I say just move. I live in an apartment complex and my car is super loud with the bassani o/r xpipe and is about to get louder. I've had a few complaints call down from my car but the gm of the complex called me in and said, "Hey, I would like to let you know for legal reasons there have been complaints about how loud your car is and to try to keep it quieter. That being said, you're probably one of the only people living ere that obeys the 5mph posted speed limit and I think your car is gorgeous. So I won't be pursuing any action due to these complaints. Just try to keep it down, alright?"

That's almost word for word. Lol.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:14 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
+1
tthompson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:59 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I say get the borla touring mufflers. There good on performance, quiet(er) and still have a really nice note. On another point, I visit my grandparents in their old people home park, it's like a mobile home park but with built in nice non motor homes, either way one day I came to visit them and my grandpa told me the had received a complaint about my car being too loud( I just have a borla s type). He then proceeded to tell me on my way out "let's hear that engine!" I obliged, I let the while park know don't f*** with my grandparents. They have been through a lot of BS with some of the people in the park so they like to stir up as much s*** as possible just for fun. Now I know where I get it from
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:23 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Freedom of Speech... Tell them you are proud to be American and that Mustang is as American as it gets.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Dakota
Why not the dyno max vt? Sounds like a easy fix
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

i don't think it'll matter what he does ,if they're complaining now ,there always going to complain ,just the way some people are , and that's ridiculous ,its not like hes reving it up in his driveway all hours of the night ................
Old 12-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Dakota
Complain all they want but its what they can do about it is what matters. If they can't make you fix it then wait till that ticket then fight it in court
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:58 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I think you need to live where there is an HOA in order to understand them. My neighbors are focused on the ricer boy at the end of the street, can't wait to try to get some attention though!
Old 12-29-2011, 12:28 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

I wish my neighbors actually drove real cars instead of the ugly little boxs they do, can we complain about ugly cars in the neighborhood? they hurt my eyes.........with that said I am really suprised no one has complained when I start up both HD's (mine and my wifes) and let them warm up.......... now that's loud
FXDWG11bm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:05 PM   #31
Road Trip!

Region: Tennessee

electronic cutouts.....simple method that would work

and start complaining that they're complaining....
SonicBoom239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXDWG11bm
I wish my neighbors actually drove real cars instead of the ugly little boxs they do, can we complain about ugly cars in the neighborhood? they hurt my eyes.........with that said I am really suprised no one has complained when I start up both HD's (mine and my wifes) and let them warm up.......... now that's loud
+11. Hahahahahaha

My neighbor has a ricer with a pair of fart cannons on it that he used to start up and let it run forever!.. That is until one day last winter he was about to leave and I did a nice little burnout in front of his house!.. Lol. I guess he realized what a real car should sound like!!... Hahahahaha.

And yes I did try talking to him prior to my little stunt!.. And one time I was blunt with him about it!.. I said "Dude your drive way is 4 ft from my living room window!!... There is no need for you to start your f***ing car and let it run 30 f***ing minutes every time before you leave!.. You need to stop!.." But he kept doing it!..

Some people have no consideration for others!..
Old 12-29-2011, 01:39 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

That's awesome hahahaha
Old 12-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
+11. Hahahahahaha

My neighbor has a ricer with a pair of fart cannons on it that he used to start up and let it run forever!.. That is until one day last winter he was about to leave and I did a nice little burnout in front of his house!.. Lol. I guess he realized what a real car should sound like!!... Hahahahaha.

And yes I did try talking to him prior to my little stunt!.. And one time I was blunt with him about it!.. I said "Dude your drive way is 4 ft from my living room window!!... There is no need for you to start your f***ing car and let it run 30 f***ing minutes every time before you leave!.. You need to stop!.." But he kept doing it!..

Some people have no consideration for others!..
I like your style!! And what was said earlier is correct, I don't think it matters what I do, these people seem to not like me/my car for some reason and choose to go out of their way to make sure that it's my car that they complain about. Case in point.... In a conversation with the GM.... she told me that these people are seeing the "black mustang." I asked her.... "but I thought it was waking them up? So how are they seeing the "black mustang" if they are still in bed?? She replies... Oh...... they're up already. So which is it?! And it's funny how they don't complain about my Harley Davidson with Vance and Hines short shots when I ride that to work at 5 am.... but the minute I fire up the big, bad, black mustang... it's game over and their phone lines are lighting up with complaints!!

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

So just an update guys. I appreciate everyone's suggestions and comments... some of which have made me laugh.... I have a friend at the local hot rod shop who had some stock 05' GT mufflers and they were free, so they found their way on the car with some tears.. but they're on there. The car's sound (or lack there of) is very depressing. As long as this keeps the complaints at bay and lowers the stress level for my fiance, then it's all worth it. She already told me if I had to buy stock mufflers to put on the car that my next performance muffler choice is on her... not bad!! I'll keep you all posted on what comes of this.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:31 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197 View Post
I like your style!! And what was said earlier is correct, I don't think it matters what I do, these people seem to not like me/my car for some reason and choose to go out of their way to make sure that it's my car that they complain about. Case in point.... In a conversation with the GM.... she told me that these people are seeing the "black mustang." I asked her.... "but I thought it was waking them up? So how are they seeing the "black mustang" if they are still in bed?? She replies... Oh...... they're up already. So which is it?! And it's funny how they don't complain about my Harley Davidson with Vance and Hines short shots when I ride that to work at 5 am.... but the minute I fire up the big, bad, black mustang... it's game over and their phone lines are lighting up with complaints!!

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

So just an update guys. I appreciate everyone's suggestions and comments... some of which have made me laugh.... I have a friend at the local hot rod shop who had some stock 05' GT mufflers and they were free, so they found their way on the car with some tears.. but they're on there. The car's sound (or lack there of) is very depressing. As long as this keeps the complaints at bay and lowers the stress level for my fiance, then it's all worth it. She already told me if I had to buy stock mufflers to put on the car that my next performance muffler choice is on her... not bad!! I'll keep you all posted on what comes of this.
Maybe if you put on the leather jacket when you drive the Stang they would stay shut up
FXDWG11bm is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

« BBK or JBA | Hp »