AM Video~ Ign. Coil=10HP Increase - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: AM Video~ Ign. Coil=10HP Increase

I have been told, by an unreliable source, that BMW's published HP numbers were at the wheels. I don't have time to fact check it now ... my main focus is on getting the **** out of work.
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #37
Road Trip!

Region: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
I have been told, by an unreliable source, that BMW's published HP numbers were at the wheels. I don't have time to fact check it now ... my main focus is on getting the **** out of work.
They are at the crank.

BMW M3 Coupe - Model Highlights - Performance & Efficiency - BMW North America

414 hp V8 engine
This Formula 1™-inspired powerplant is a driving enthusiast's dream. An M3 first, this powerful 4.0 liter V-8 engine delivers a dynamic 414-hp output and 295 ft-lb of available torque, as well as a maximum engine speed of 8400 rpm. All this power catapults the M3 from 0-60 in just 4.8 exhilarating seconds.* The engine sports BMW's Double-VANOS technology which ensures pinpoint-accurate valve timing. This allows for optimal combustion at every rev range while lowering emissions. Eight separate throttle butterflies operate precisely and independently for amazingly quick throttle response. All this combines to deliver smooth power throughout the rev range and breathtaking acceleration when requested.

*BMW AG test results.

BMW M3 Coupe - Features & Specs - Standard Features - BMW North America

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Some people just have no clue so I prove more.

2008 BMW M3 E92 Dyno Results Graphs Hosepower - DragTimes.com

MORE PROOF

AND MORE

MY stock E92 M3 dyno - BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
They are at the crank.

BMW M3 Coupe - Model Highlights - Performance & Efficiency - BMW North America

414 hp V8 engine
This Formula 1™-inspired powerplant is a driving enthusiast's dream. An M3 first, this powerful 4.0 liter V-8 engine delivers a dynamic 414-hp output and 295 ft-lb of available torque, as well as a maximum engine speed of 8400 rpm. All this power catapults the M3 from 0-60 in just 4.8 exhilarating seconds.* The engine sports BMW's Double-VANOS technology which ensures pinpoint-accurate valve timing. This allows for optimal combustion at every rev range while lowering emissions. Eight separate throttle butterflies operate precisely and independently for amazingly quick throttle response. All this combines to deliver smooth power throughout the rev range and breathtaking acceleration when requested.

*BMW AG test results.

BMW M3 Coupe - Features & Specs - Standard Features - BMW North America

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Some people just have no clue so I prove more.

2008 BMW M3 E92 Dyno Results Graphs Hosepower - DragTimes.com

MORE PROOF

AND MORE

MY stock E92 M3 dyno - BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)
Thank you
drewzx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Good stuff, like I said it was from an unreliable source and I didn't have a chance to fact check it.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Your right dude....... I have no clue. I did not own a 2011 E90 M3 and I certainly was not sitting in the drivers seat on the dyno at Hamann Motorsports and I did not have a bone stock dyno of 417/296. I have been making this **** up up all along just so you could look "Facts" up on the internet to make "Clueless" folks like me look even more retarded than we really are. You win... so go take a deep breath , push your chest out and beat on it like Tarzan... you earned it!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amchrisrose

You're talking peak horsepower numbers, my man. It's an Automatic, too - so take that and the 4.10 gears into consideration. The numbers are right in line, and the curve gains from factory are over 60hp. We have tons of dyno videos that you can take a look at. A factory automatic 2011 GT will dyno somewhere in the ballpark of 344RWHP and as low as 300-310RWTQ on a Dynojet SAE corrected. If there's 93 in the tank on a stock tune, you can make something like 350-355 and maybe 310-320RWTQ. This is in 4th gear (keep in mind there's no 1:1, so thats like .87 ratio - losing power there).

Now, considering that - 384-344 is a 40RWHP PEAK gain, no to mention over 60RWHPHP gains in the curve. 333-310 is 23RWTQ PEAK gains, and well over 35RWTQ gains throughout the curve. Also, this is with the Boss intake manifold that you actually LOSE horsepower and torque throughout 0-5500RPM, which is why the Boss is rated at less HP than the GT from the factory.

Our numbers are spot on when you consider that.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

This is our 2011 GT project car, just stripped down for product video. We are now building it back up again! We went back to stock everything with the 2011 GT and did exhaust sound clip videos, and then CAI/Tuner videos, and now this video. Now we can build the car back up for 9's!

That's probably why it's got a ton of blow-by. We've beat up the car for 2 years now from day 1 not even letting it break in before hitting the track in 1 day, 100's of dyno runs, 100's of track passes, low-10's, and 150+ shots of nitrous on it all day long, all of the R&D we've used it for! It's a workhorse, but we're kicking it's ***, LOL.

Looks like our video guy didn't trace the graph right in the low area. That needs to be fixed. Thanks for the heads up!

Chris
My dyno graph with JLT cai, Boss manifold, And steeda tune! And this is SAE corrected on a mustang dyno! Would like ur opinion on this

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2476055523.png
Views:	164
Size:	831.4 KB
ID:	37385
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #42
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0
Your right dude....... I have no clue. I did not own a 2011 E90 M3 and I certainly was not sitting in the drivers seat on the dyno at Hamann Motorsports and I did not have a bone stock dyno of 417/296. I have been making this **** up up all along just so you could look "Facts" up on the internet to make "Clueless" folks like me look even more retarded than we really are. You win... so go take a deep breath , push your chest out and beat on it like Tarzan... you earned it!!!
They most likely told you engine power. Not whp. A dyno will read both.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #43
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
My dyno graph with JLT cai, Boss manifold, And steeda tune! And this is SAE corrected on a mustang dyno! Would like ur opinion on this

Attachment 37385
Great tune, great set of mods. However, 428RWHP is high. It is either in the correction factor or something inputted into Mustang Dyno's software. If you ran that care on a Dynojet, SAE corrected (you don't input anything about the vehicle on a Dynojet - so it can't be manipulated), right now - you'd lose about 10% power. Even if you loss 10% power, those numbers are still awesome for what you have. Steeda has a great tune and that intake/manifold are perfect for each other - good stuff!

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote:
They most likely told you engine power. Not whp. A dyno will read both.
A chassis dyno will read RWHP. An engine dyno will read engine horsepower ("flywheel horsepower"). They would have read the horsepower at the wheels and then assumed an engine horsepower based off of that.

For example, if you made 350RWHP and you're a manual car, you can assume a loss of about 12% through most manual drivetrains these days, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. 350 / .87 = 402. They would say, your car makes about 400 hp at the engine. Automatic, maybe 15%, even as high as 20%, depending on what car/trans.

It doesn't read both. It reads RWHP and then assumes engine HP.
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764 | Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
Need Help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
AMChrisRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
On my old 04 gt the auto had about a 23'% loss and manuals had about 18%... But the new ones are much less...
Old 01-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #45
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amchrisrose View Post
A chassis dyno will read RWHP. An engine dyno will read engine horsepower ("flywheel horsepower"). They would have read the horsepower at the wheels and then assumed an engine horsepower based off of that.

For example, if you made 350RWHP and you're a manual car, you can assume a loss of about 12% through most manual drivetrains these days, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. 350 / .87 = 402. They would say, your car makes about 400 hp at the engine. Automatic, maybe 15%, even as high as 20%, depending on what car/trans.

It doesn't read both. It reads RWHP and then assumes engine HP.
I understand what it does. But it gives you both. The engine is as you said an estimate based on a formula. But he stated his stock M3 made 414whp. Which don't happen. As I showed and not to mention have watched several dyno bone stock with the Mfest car club here and in Austin.

As seen on my dyno below it shows the RWHP and the Engine hp. This is why I said I bet they told him the engine hp.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Never seen a dyno graph like that. It makes my OCD go crazy though, why did they not put max/engine/avg in the same order for HP and TQ??
Old 01-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #47
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Never seen a dyno graph like that. It makes my OCD go crazy though, why did they not put max/engine/avg in the same order for HP and TQ??
Its in the software. Also this is a dynocom dyno. On a dyno jet I made 456whp.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #48
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
As seen on my dyno below it shows the RWHP and the Engine hp. This is why I said I bet they told him the engine hp.
Ahhhh gotcha, definitely a possibility!
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764 | Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
Need Help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
AMChrisRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I understand what it does. But it gives you both. The engine is as you said an estimate based on a formula. But he stated his stock M3 made 414whp. Which don't happen. As I showed and not to mention have watched several dyno bone stock with the Mfest car club here and in Austin.

All too possible and YES I am defensive when I know what I saw and was told, but you are right.... could have been reading the wrong thing.... I wish I would still have the print out... conveniently I gave it up to the new owner of the car when I sold it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT