2011-2012 GT Question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
2011-2012 GT Question

Do the new GTs have Trac Control you can turn on and off?
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Yes.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome thank you! I'm looking into buying a new GT another cool features? And is it possible to get 400-450 N/A with new internals?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Re: 2011-2012 GT Question

Buy the Brembo package car, it's kinda Boss-on-a-budget, including improvements to the traction control. You can get pretty good power without building the motor, I think. people are hitting 400-ish wheel with bolt on stuff with good tunes.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'm wanting to race it every so often N/A against my friends 04 GTO. I want a nice N/A stang before I power add
Old 01-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO
Buy the Brembo package car, it's kinda Boss-on-a-budget, including improvements to the traction control. You can get pretty good power without building the motor, I think. people are hitting 400-ish wheel with bolt on stuff with good tunes.
The brembo is nothing like a boss. And bolt ons people are hitting 450whp with bolt ons.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

What kind of bolt ons? And r u talking 450 wheels?
Cost u direct me to a threat for a build up?

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Could. And what brakes would be like a boss?
Old 01-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx
What kind of bolt ons? And r u talking 450 wheels?
Cost u direct me to a threat for a build up?

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Could. And what brakes would be like a boss?
Look at my car before blower, full bolt ons ie. Headers back exhaust, boss intake, cold air, dyno tune made 464whp.

The boss isn't just brakes. It has different engine, suspension, lighter, rear end.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Well what could I do to the suspension to help a GT in cornering braking etc
Old 01-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Well...um, thanks for your input, Wnt2gofst. Glad I have you around to set me straight.

I did say "it's kind of like a Boss-on-a-budget", in the sense that you get upgraded suspension, brakes, wheels, tires, trac. control changes, steering feel adjustment, bracing and, it's really cheap. I did not say, "it's the SAME as a Boss." If you can't see how I'm making the comparison, I'm sorry.

One thing's pretty undeniable, it's a helluva good value for a little over a grand on the option sheet. That's where the B302 leaves me cold, I'm afraid. Love the look but dayum, dealers want alot for that car.

I think if the OP tried a Brembo car, he'd be pretty pleased with the package as a starting point for anything. Frankly, I'm just pretty pleased and this isn't my first high performance car, just my best.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

So with all the bolt ons I can make 450 at wheels? Cab stock tranny handle that?
Old 01-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

The stock 6 speed MT can handle alot gear strength wise but, the synchros have proved troublesome for some. For some, it's a fluid change and all's well, for others, it's more involved and for the vast majority it's no problem whatsoever.

I think you're going to be fairly involved in the car to reach 450 wheel, n/a. It's not just slapping a bunch of bolt ons up and whistling Dixie. You're going to be into some dyno time optimising everything...or you can slap a blower on there and call it a day with 525 on the base MS blower kit.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I really wanna N/a before I boost

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

I mean how many can brag about having a super fast na car
Old 01-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I don't think many people give a ****. If the car makes mega-power, how its done is of little moment.

I've had several force-inducted cars, factory and built-by-me and wouldn't hesitate to go that route. You just plain can't beat it, no matter what you do n/a.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Well...um, thanks for your input, Wnt2gofst. Glad I have you around to set me straight.

I did say "it's kind of like a Boss-on-a-budget", in the sense that you get upgraded suspension, brakes, wheels, tires, trac. control changes, steering feel adjustment, bracing and, it's really cheap. I did not say, "it's the SAME as a Boss." If you can't see how I'm making the comparison, I'm sorry.

One thing's pretty undeniable, it's a helluva good value for a little over a grand on the option sheet. That's where the B302 leaves me cold, I'm afraid. Love the look but dayum, dealers want alot for that car.

I think if the OP tried a Brembo car, he'd be pretty pleased with the package as a starting point for anything. Frankly, I'm just pretty pleased and this isn't my first high performance car, just my best.
WHy not by a base model if going to change everything out? There is also better brakes out there then the Brembo's that come on the brembo car. SOme people have already complained about brake fade when tracking it.

As far as price they want a a lot cause the engine alone is 11k for a Boss engine vs 6k for a regular 5.0. The heads alone are 3000 a set. Cams another 1500, forged internals another 1000k, then you have all the little stuff like the squiter deletes, valves and springs. Intake another 300. ETC ETC. And thats just the engine alone.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Ya I'm looking at a base GT
I have a custom leather guy where I lie that has done work for my family for years do interior isn't a problem, I just don't know many performance places in OK.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #17
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx View Post
I really wanna N/a before I boost

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

I mean how many can brag about having a super fast na car
Every Fbody owner now-a-days. Many of them I have seen go 10's-11's with about 5k wrapped up in car. Not to mention every C6 up vette and C5Z's. LOL..just busting your balls.

But full bolt ons will get you there where you can handle a lot of other cars.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

They really want alot because they think they can get alot cashing in on the name and the limited production run, that's business. That's where the GT500 bit them in the azz. They made so many of them and with Shelby signing everything from baseball caps to race cars, it kinda took the bloom off the rose a bit. Look at how comparatively little you need to pay to get one of those cars now.

There's no doubt you make a good argument for buying base, IF you're going to rip everything out. That goes for the motor, too. If you're going hog-wild NA, start with a bare block and build up, rather than buying Ford's oem-cachet version of a high rpm engine at a heavy premium, in the B302.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I'd start with bolt on then go internals
Old 01-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #20
Road Trip!

Quote:
They really want alot because they think they can get alot cashing in on the name and the limited production run, that's business. That's where the GT500 bit them in the azz. They made so many of them and with Shelby signing everything from baseball caps to race cars, it kinda took the bloom off the rose a bit. Look at how comparatively little you need to pay to get one of those cars now.

There's no doubt you make a good argument for buying base, IF you're going to rip everything out. That goes for the motor, too. If you're going hog-wild NA, start with a bare block and build up, rather than buying Ford's oem-cachet version of a high rpm engine at a heavy premium, in the B302.
There are other options beside the Boss engine. They have the Aluminator engine that is already built for FI. They also have it so you can buy every part out there on the boss. Plus after market cams and what not. If I was building a N/A street/strip car I would indeed start with a Base model. DO all bolt ons then as I grow internals/heads milled/ported, and cams.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ya I'm looking at a base GT
I have a custom leather guy where I lie that has done work for my family for years do interior isn't a problem, I just don't know many performance places in OK.
I'm looking to sell my leather interior. PM me if you're interested.

Check out the following sites for stang performance parts (there are more too):
Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle
Mustang Parts & Accessories at 50resto
Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs
Evolution Performance, Performance Parts & Accessories - Ford Mustang & Shelby Experts
Mustang Performance Parts | Blow-By Racing | 2005-2006-2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 | 05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12-13

edit - is there a way to turn off this bullsh that mucks up the links?
Old 01-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks man. I know the AM site but nit the others. I also like lethal
Old 01-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO
The stock 6 speed MT can handle alot gear strength wise but, the synchros have proved troublesome for some. For some, it's a fluid change and all's well, for others, it's more involved and for the vast majority it's no problem whatsoever.

I think you're going to be fairly involved in the car to reach 450 wheel, n/a. It's not just slapping a bunch of bolt ons up and whistling Dixie. You're going to be into some dyno time optimising everything...or you can slap a blower on there and call it a day with 525 on the base MS blower kit.
I'm full bolt on data log steeda race tune! With just cai, boss mani, and tune I dynoed 428whp! So IMO definetly 450+ with full bolt ons and CDT.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks man. I know the AM site but nit the others. I also like lethal
NP. Keep me in mind for the leather. 5k miles on it, perfect condition. Seats, covers, and airbags are all included.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:

If you going to slap a blower on it why only get the 525hp kit? thats a waste of money really. Specially when you can get a Paxton/Vortech that will make a easy 600whp on the base kit for right around 4k. And the Centri 5.0's are the fastest ones yet.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
If you going to slap a blower on it why only get the 525hp kit? thats a waste of money really. Specially when you can get a Paxton/Vortech that will make a easy 600whp on the base kit for right around 4k. And the Centri 5.0's are the fastest ones yet.
Man, you're all over me, you must like me

Depends on what you want. Big difference feel wise between a positive displacement blower and centri...or a turbo.

Yeah, you can make more hp for less but, maybe a person wants to build a torque-monster, big-block feel and performance. Centri ain't the way to go for that. PD is the ticket, there. Besides, it was just an example that forced induction will get you big #s for alot less hassle than building a motor ground-up.

It's all up to what floats a particular person's boat. I'm not judging anyone's way to create an endorphin high
Old 01-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Quote:
Man, you're all over me, you must like me

Depends on what you want. Big difference feel wise between a positive displacement blower and centri...or a turbo.

Yeah, you can make more hp for less but, maybe a person wants to build a torque-monster, big-block feel and performance. Centri ain't the way to go for that. PD is the ticket, there. Besides, it was just an example that forced induction will get you big #s for alot less hassle than building a motor ground-up.

It's all up to what floats a particular person's boat. I'm not judging anyone's way to create an endorphin high
I agree each has its Pro's and Con's. But a Centri will make more power every time. And a turbo set up will make more TQ and HP over them both.

If want the best go turbo. Then Centri then PD. turbo>Centri>PD. Then if want to be fastest at the track buy the auto as well. Still lots fun on the street and will still win more with the right stall as well.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

and don't take personal.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

With a stick though, YOU DRIVE THE CAR. And I like that feeling
Old 01-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #29
Road Trip!

Quote:
With a stick though, YOU DRIVE THE CAR. And I like that feeling
True. If you are serious and want to build a monster N/A car also look at having the tranny faceplanted.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Explain^
Also explain the diff of turbo, centri, PD
Old 01-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #31
Road Trip!

What mean diff between Centri/PD/turbo? what need to know.

A faceplanted tranny allows you to change gears with out pressing in clutch when racing. But then on street drive it like normal with clutch.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Just like JPC has on there 9 sec N/A 5.0.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Oh cool how do u do that? And I meant difference.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #33
Road Trip!

A centri blower robs less power to make power. Easier to spin. It make more boost the more RPM's you spin as well. It does make a little less TQ down low though but as said more power up top.

A turbo robs the least power to make more power. It will always make more HP/TQ per lb of boost then a SC of the same size or equivalent. If you do in fact do it right you will not have any turbo lag either.

a PD or roots blower they make instant boost soon you smash the gas. They make great power fast but they also rob a lot of power from your car to make that power. Putting more stress on the engine. They make all the power even across the board also. Yet they suffer from heat soak bad. Which kills power.

this is simple terms really.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
A centri blower robs less power to make power. Easier to spin. It make more boost the more RPM's you spin as well. It does make a little less TQ down low though but as said more power up top.

A turbo robs the least power to make more power. It will always make more HP/TQ per lb of boost then a SC of the same size or equivalent. If you do in fact do it right you will not have any turbo lag either.

a PD or roots blower they make instant boost soon you smash the gas. They make great power fast but they also rob a lot of power from your car to make that power. Putting more stress on the engine. They make all the power even across the board also. Yet they suffer from heat soak bad. Which kills power.

this is simple terms really.
Thank you
Old 01-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #35
Road Trip!

Quote:
Oh cool how do u do that? And I meant difference.
Only one company does our trannies right now. Liberty if remember right. You ship to them they do it. They replaced clutches and what not with stronger ones that are syncro together. It runs about 2000 to ship there and back and have done.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2012 gt