My new auto - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
My new auto

A few quick pics of it and then I ordered a new set of wheels also.

Day I brought it home and started to get to work.

Doing the work.

ALl done. Manual back to stock and auto all buttoned up.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

and the new wheels

http://images-ftp.americanmuscle.com...Img=28339_alt2
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: My new auto

What do you mean??? You have 2 beasts now??? one manny and one tranny? J/K Auto?
Old 01-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Very nice! Looking forward to your dyno and track times.

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada

Ya sure you used enough dynamite there, Butch?

That's one heck of a blower that's for sure. Looks like it's off a steamship.

Gonna be explosively fast, I'll bet.

I'd have gone auto for sure in the '12 if it had select shift capability, didn't need a tune right out of the box to get it to work right and to re-gear, plus the Brembo package was essential to me. I just didn't want to wait for the 2013 and I didn't like the look either.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Man I am looking at those wheels hard too.Post a few good side shots of the car with them on when you do.It will look bad ***.Looking good bro!
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Ya sure you used enough dynamite there, Butch?

That's one heck of a blower that's for sure. Looks like it's off a steamship.

Gonna be explosively fast, I'll bet.

I'd have gone auto for sure in the '12 if it had select shift capability, didn't need a tune right out of the box to get it to work right and to re-gear, plus the Brembo package was essential to me. I just didn't want to wait for the 2013 and I didn't like the look either.
You know the auto has ran just as fast as the manuals bone stock right?

As far as blower its go big or go home. Why waste money on some getting a FRPP 525hp or a 624whp kit? The one I have makes more then both those. It makes whp what the 624hp kit makes at the crank. Both stock kits.

Any way I do have some parts that will be for sale from my manual car. i have the MSD shift light, The black shift knob with chrome spacer, and the twin disc clutch with billet flywheel. Clutch and flywheel are brand new. Still in box. If interested in any of it let me know.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I'd bet the autos are quicker than the manuals 9 out of 10 times. Getting it right is a challenge one doesn't always succeed at with the stick. It's just the slow shifting and lack of ability to hold all gears and rev the motor out that I don't like about the stock auto tuning. There's a mph advantage stock with the 6MT over auto but, that's about it.

If I could have had Brembo and select shift on the auto, I'd have bought that, for sure.

Go big is fine, as long as you can afford the natural consequences that ensue. I'm not judging you; I think what you're doing is really cool.

One of the gifts of age is I actually know when I'm happy and when enough is enough for me. Right now, I'll play with the car stock but, a mega blower isn't for everybody. Some just want a fun street car and that's great.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #8
Road Trip!

You may be older but I am not to young. In my early 30's. And never really enough power. LOL My dad has built and raced 1000whp cars that I have drove.

As far as auto vs manual. You will never beat a proper shifting auto. Also stock they red line the same. And both have been taken to 7800rpms with bolt ons. 7800 is the hard code it can go in the computer. JPC and few others claim to have broke that though.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Not to mention the auto's are handling 1000whp and having no issues. The manual cars are falling apart stock. And at a worse rate with added power.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
How much did you want for the shift light?
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death View Post
How much did you want for the shift light?
Sent you PM
Old 01-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #11
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

So did you trade the manuel for the auto? I've must have missed something! I remember you saying you wanted an auto but I had no idea the lengths you would go through to get one! :O
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
So did you trade the manuel for the auto? I've must have missed something! I remember you saying you wanted an auto but I had no idea the lengths you would go through to get one! :O
Yes i traded the manual for the auto.

First tune made 570whp in the auto. Still there refining tune. It has more left in it
Old 01-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #13
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Yes i traded the manual for the auto.

First tune made 570whp in the auto. Still there refining tune. It has more left in it
Wow, that's fantastic! Right on!
Old 01-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
You may be older but I am not to young. In my early 30's. And never really enough power. LOL My dad has built and raced 1000whp cars that I have drove.

As far as auto vs manual. You will never beat a proper shifting auto. Also stock they red line the same. And both have been taken to 7800rpms with bolt ons. 7800 is the hard code it can go in the computer. JPC and few others claim to have broke that though.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Not to mention the auto's are handling 1000whp and having no issues. The manual cars are falling apart stock. And at a worse rate with added power.
Jpc has taking there's to 8200 there shop is maybe 30 minutes from where I live
OG86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

My problem is, as a race car, I'd need 1000 horsepower. I drag my bike regularly and that blows out the back door at 155 mph, on a stock motor with no tune.

The Mustang is my cool street cruiser with enough jones to destroy my friend's 135i and, pretty much any other regular car out there. That's good for me, with a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. I'm relaxed and happy with that, so far. I'l get at modding it, because I always do but, for the moment, I'm just savouring the newness of it.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Quote:
My problem is, as a race car, I'd need 1000 horsepower. I drag my bike regularly and that blows out the back door at 155 mph, on a stock motor with no tune.

The Mustang is my cool street cruiser with enough jones to destroy my friend's 135i and, pretty much any other regular car out there. That's good for me, with a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. I'm relaxed and happy with that, so far. I'l get at modding it, because I always do but, for the moment, I'm just savouring the newness of it.
Around here you get raped with stock 5.0's. And that is by civics/evo's/vettes/other mustangs/Fbody camaro's.

I will be looking for mid 10's easy and then bottom 10's high 9's with stall and tuned on E85.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, I hear you there. I got a few friends with their stripped out can Civics running a massive Holset turbo on Hondata, punching out 11s like nothing, on pump gas.

However, my bike's low 10s with my dozy old *** at the switch, not lowered, nothing but a bit of a stretch. If I had my act together and was willing to sacrifice touring the bike all over creation, the power's there for 8s. This is on a road tire, at road air pressure, with nothing done to the motor. It's a bit of a freak, I'll admit but, I've done the mph enough times to be convinced it's there.

It's funny I don't see alot of anything road legal that can hang with that.

Nobody's really that into this stuff where I am, season's too short, only one dragstrip nearby, meh, more interested in smoking a blunt than jamming a gear.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
Around here you get raped with stock 5.0's. And that is by civics/evo's/vettes/other mustangs/Fbody camaro's.

I will be looking for mid 10's easy and then bottom 10's high 9's with stall and tuned on E85.
That goes for around here or near my area.You stock you better pick your matches careful b/c most will handle your ***.Stock will get your doors welded shut!
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I'm just glad there's still places like that in the world.....
Old 01-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #20
Road Trip!

We have EVO's that make ZR1 vettes look bad. Plus a few TT Z06's and TT vipers as well. The one EVO races liter bikes and walks away from them. He put about 2 buses on a busa that was tuned and stretched.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Two bus lengths in a quarter mile track? That's hella good for any car, notwithstanding a 4 cylinder Evo, which ain't exactly set up to be a drag racer's dream. Busa's aren't really super fast, even the Gen2 jobs, unless they're seriously modified like, turbo or nitrous bike modified or grudge bike. It's 550 pounds of motorcyle, after all.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #22
Road Trip!

Quote:
Two bus lengths in a quarter mile track? That's hella good for any car, notwithstanding a 4 cylinder Evo, which ain't exactly set up to be a drag racer's dream. Busa's aren't really super fast, even the Gen2 jobs, unless they're seriously modified like, turbo or nitrous bike modified or grudge bike. It's 550 pounds of motorcyle, after all.
It was on the street. From a 50 roll to 150. The EVO makes almost 800whp. Its nasty. And I have seen Busa's run 9's bone stock with a couple riders here.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
Hate to do this!!

Well, due to my health, I have to sell my 2012 5.0 GT Mustang!!!
I have new pics !! If anyone interested!!!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
It was on the street. From a 50 roll to 150. The EVO makes almost 800whp. Its nasty. And I have seen Busa's run 9's bone stock with a couple riders here.
Ah, street roll racing, well, let's not get that old chestnut roasting on an open fire.

I've seen Busas go 9s too but, not too commonly in stock form. The litrebikes, especially newer ones, typically eat them alive, stock, or close to. It's all power to weight. The 'bus gets good when you modify it because of it's inherently long wheelbase, relaxed suspension geometry, stability under power and the cheapness of modifying it.

My litrebike, with the catcon deleted and no tune, is punching about 180 horse out, based on the mph reading on the timeslip.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #25
Road Trip!

If I buy another bike it will be a BMW 1000RR or a ZX14. The 14 woudl be stretched and turboed.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

You can buy an "R" version of the new '14 that has a healthy power bump over the regular and, if you believe that gob-smacked shyster, Ricky Gadson, is basically given to us by aliens, it's that good.

The BMW is running out pretty good, once you unlock the ECU, same with the new ZX10.

I'm keeping my crotchety old 2007 GSXR 1000, as , well, it's pretty already running those bikes' speed and power level as it sits and it's paid for.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Paid for is always nice. Always.

I road my buddies 08 ZX14 he just had bolt ons. And That bike reached 180mph really really fast. His tuned/exhaust GSXR 1000 wouldn't touch it.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

his 1000 was a 08 as well.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

You know the auto has ran just as fast as the manuals bone stock right?

As far as blower its go big or go home. Why waste money on some getting a FRPP 525hp or a 624whp kit? The one I have makes more then both those. It makes whp what the 624hp kit makes at the crank. Both stock kits.

Any way I do have some parts that will be for sale from my manual car. i have the MSD shift light, The black shift knob with chrome spacer, and the twin disc clutch with billet flywheel. Clutch and flywheel are brand new. Still in box. If interested in any of it let me know.
Can you pm me prices on all of the parts??
Brock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #29
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock23 View Post
Can you pm me prices on all of the parts??
PM sent
Old 01-10-2012, 07:56 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, sometimes bikes are like that. Two bikes the same, one'll be a turd, one a Sidewinder missile.

I've never seen an 07-08 as fast as mine at the track, unless it's seriously modified. This bike is running with the nitrous big bikes at the local track for mph. ET, they have me covered, with lockup clutches, 2 step, drag tire, mega gearing, PC, etc. But, I just have fun with my stock motor bike on the cheap. Looking to improve my ET this year because I can always work on myself for free, lol.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO

I will have 1000 rwhp one day lol. I'm the exact same as you my friend. The more
Power the better
Old 01-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #32
Road Trip!

Put sportlines on today. It dropped it a lot really. With new tires and rims there will be no gap as the new tires will have more meat to them

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120111_162029.png
Views:	626
Size:	412.9 KB
ID:	37849
Old 01-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #33
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

That looks Hawt!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #34
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
That looks Hawt!
Thanks..it will look better soon..
Old 01-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

nice stang

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT